"Do I don't think I did." Yui stared at him blankly, he was interested in him being able to breath lighting. "Also, you have some interesting breath there."

Quin laughs. "Yes yes it is quite interesting I suppose, what can you do?" Quin asks curious.

"I can manipulate my bones, create whirlpools, redirect portals and have visual linking." He said, turning his attention back towards the fire. "Not the best abilities in the world but it will do."

"Sounds interesting." Quin smiles. Quin coughs shooting lightning onto the fire. "Whoops." He laughs and sits down relaxing.

She nodded her head slowly, looking down. "If I were a library, I'd keep history in the back...no one likes reading them, but they always hold the most information needed...ironic how it's so needed for privacy, you can plan the biggest disaster back there as loudly as you want and learn from mistakes made back then..."
She said softly and quietly, the stranger starting to put her on alert.
She continued on to say, "I can take you there, Renya wanted to pick up a book there..."

He guessed Renya was the name of a spirit and didn't think much of it. Miki shrugged guessing that he sounded indifferent, "If you're already going to go there I don't see why not." He was getting a bit better at giving his voice emotion, even if he still sounded like a dry desert.

The Nekomata looked to her upper left, staring for a moment before offering the stranger the bag of cookies. "Want one? they're strawberry peanut butter cups..." she muttered as she lead the boy to the back of the library. Renya told her to stop being an idiot and have some decent matters, so she might as well listen before she meets the bad end of her rapier.

"I never had one, but we're not meant to eat here." Miki pointed to the small sign hanging from the bookshelves and reached above it to grab a random book, on Helheim if he isn't mistaken, and holds on to it even though he definitely doesn't need it. "What is your name then, Miss? I'm Miki." He blindly picked another book off the shelves and cradled it in his arm as well.

She quickly thought of any name that would work, her eyes looking around. "U-uh...N-Neeakomi." she said quickly.
'Oh my god I'm an idiot.' her mind chastised herself, Vivi quickly grinning to change the subject. "As long as I'm careful, they don't need to know!"

"That's my sister." Val spits out, pointing at Clio.

Quin looks at Val. "She is?" Quin looks at Clio. Then back at Val. "I kinda see it."

"Well, half sister." Val seethed, "She's a product of my whore father as well."

Kheire has packed his bags and left to go on a quest of his own for a few days. His spirits deserve to have their first spirit abilities since that is all he can do for them at the moment. They have stuck with him and practically raised him, so he wants to do whatever he can to empower them and grow closer. "This is going to be quite difficult..."

"Oh." Quin smiled. "Let's relax then." He laughs to himself as more and more people come to the fire.

Miki nodded, plucking a fifth book off the rack, "Well miss... Neeakomi," he ignored his conscience telling him the name wasn't right, "thanks for helping me, is it rude of me to ask if there are any racks you can't reach?" It was a logical question, after all he had to be at least a foot taller then the Nekomata.

"I think I saw some tomes on alchemy a few rows back." He didn't, but he wanted to keep talking with the blonde that seemed to have a grasp on world domination tactics.

"Er...no I'm fine," she muttered softly, barely audible, "I can get them..."
She looked to her side for a brief moment before looking back at Miki. "Do you want to study with us...? I can even teach you and Renya some special bombs..."

He thought about it for a moment before saying slowly, "Bombs? Those are a bit too flashy for me, if I feel like leaving a strong impression I guess I know who to look for though, thanks for the help." Miki turned to go to find some solitary place to read, leaving the Nekomata and her spirit alone.

Vivi threw a cookie at the back of Miki's head, sticking out her tongue and running to the corner of the library. She munched on her own cookie while unconciously pulling up a seat for Renya and sitting in her own chair, nodding once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miki wandered around until he found himself in the Colosseum, he could see a lone gray clad figure practicing not far away. He was curious to what the person was doing so he moved closer, not stopping until he was nearly right behind the shorter figure. "Your stance is a bit tight." He spoke abruptly, and probably would've shocked anyone who didn't know he was there.

Ren didn't register that someone had spoken until it was already too late.
His kick that had been intended for the empty air swung around towards Miki.
Oh crap!
Miki saw the kick coming and ducked down, completely caught off guard by the reaction.

"I-I'm sorry!" Ren apologized hastily. "I didn't meant to nearly hit you!"

"Ah." Miki's voice had no inflection and he just looked at the white haired male with his head cocked to the side, "It's fine..."

"Sorry," Ren apologized again, his face glowing a little. "I'm just... training... It's probably a little dangerous for you to be standing so close..."

"Your arms were a bit too straight...If you pulled the punch like, this," Miki punched the air above Ren's head, "it should cause less strain..."

"Wow, really?" the boy's eyes lit up. "That's really good to know! You seem like you know a lot about this sort of thing."

"Eh... really? My last master was getting into fist fighting the last I saw of him so I must have picked something up... Would you like to practice some more with me?"

Ren flushed a little. "R-really? Um, well... If you'll have me..."

The brunette nodded slowly, "I'm not much of a hand-to-hand person though..."

"That's fine with me! If you have a weapon, go for it! I specialize in disarming and fighting armed people with hand-to-hand, so it's fine!"

Miki had his doubts but smiled softly, "That would be nice, I haven't fought in a long time." His smile turned slightly blood thirsty, "Then I'll help myself."

Ren took a few steps back to make some distance, and readied a stance. "Whenever you're ready!"

Miki summoned his chained sword and took the first move, flinging himself at Ren with his sword aiming for his legs.

Ren reacted immediately. His legs were fast, his mind faster. He leapt up around half a metre into the air, landing cleanly on the flat side with one foot.
A simple hit-and-run.
He swung his free leg up towards Miki's chin as he leapt backwards off the sword, but it was easily evaded.

Unfortunately, he hadn't really thought this through.
His balance faltered in midair, and Ren quickly realized in a panic that he was about to land on his head in his attempt to regain distance.

Miki took the chance and summoned a second sword to slash at Ren's midsection, aiming closely at his lungs.
The blade cut cleanly across its prey's torso, white flame belching slightly from the wound as he landed on his hand and threw himself back a bit.
I knew it, Ren thought. He really is strong. I'll have to step it up too.
A single firing hammer fell.
An imaginary spark went off in his head.
A very real bullet of light burst from his hand towards Miki.

The light blinded his for but a second before Miki contorted backwards, bending his spine as far as it would go to avoid the beam. His feet slipped from under him as the light passed and caused a wall to explode loudly while he faceplanted into the ground. He smacked his palms unto the earth, causing a trail of iridescent crystalline shards to erupt from the dirt, quickly traveling to surround the white haired teen.
Ren didn't hesitate to take brutal advantage of it.
He threw his arms out, firing four white lasers out in all directions, splitting through the crystals into hundreds of colours in all directions, razing everything they touched.

Miki felt his flesh bubble before he even noticed he was being hit, and while his reaction time was off by a lot more than he would've liked he managed to retreat back into a metal form to not be completely incinerated by the intense heat. When he was sure the brunt of the attack was over he came back out, and was greeted with the air chafing at his skin and making sure it was never forgotten by the painful blisters that were everywhere. He somehow managed to get his barings though, but didn't even notice the attack had only stopped due to the crystals vanishing.

Ren wasted no time. Not allowing his opponent an instant to collect himself, he fired another white blast of searing light towards him, much stronger than the previous ones had been.
Miki let out a breathless cry of pain when the blast hit his exposed back and retreated back into his sword, not even caring that he dropped to the ground unceremoniously from the quick return. He emerged one more time, holding his sword still even though his skin was practically melded to the rough leather grip and blindly summoned his swords to fall where he thought the shorter male was.

Ren held his arms out as to futilely attempt to block the onslaught of blades. Flames licked out from the inside of his wounds, but he stood his ground regardless.
His limbs were sliced, and his chest was pierced as well, but the swords shattered on contact, leaving his cuts clear.
And his movements unimpeded.
I can't take another hit like that. I have to finish this.
He thrust his hands forward.
Firing hammers fell.
Beams shot forth to vaporize his target.

Miki grit his teeth and moved forward, This is nothing compared to the last one! He summoned another sword, holding both of them with slightly unsteady hands. He ran full force at Ren, preparing to stab the summoned one at his throat and the other in his stomach.
The blades made their home in his body, and left as quickly as they came. Ren's wounds were gone and so were the swords.

Both of them were left exhausted and barely standing, panting from just staying upright.
Miki broke the silence first, giving a halfhearted laugh that was still somehow an even monotone. "You... if you...tried you could, haa, be a weapon of... mass destruction..." Miki's speech was punctuated by his rough breaths, clashing horribly with the flat tone of his voice.

Ren said nothing, he just groaned and supported his arms on his knees.
"Being burned alive is no picnic either, Whitey. What's your name?" Miki eased himself to sit down, as if wary of any leftover burns.

Other than stiffening slightly Ren gave no reaction to the nickname.
Miss Renya used to call me that...
"I'm....um... Ren, Ren Vedas."

Miki positioned himself into a kneel, and swiftly made a move for Ren's foot.
Ren stumbled and fell backwards, one could hear the smirk in Miki's voice, "Well then, Ren Vedas, Miki Hao Kuin happily forms a Contract with you." Miki's chapped lips made contact with Ren's bare foot.

"Use me as you see fit, Master."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ren squirmed a little in embarrassment, blushing at the soft sensation.
"E-e-eh?! Wh-what do you mean?!" he cried, not entirely sure as to how to react. "No, more importantly, are you okay? I didn't use my affinities, but I wasn't going easy either... That looks pretty bad..."
He fought through his stinging limbs and their protests to crawl over to Miki, looking over his wounds analytically with a reasonably obvious sense of guilt.
"Please wait a moment," he requested, and he ran a small, warm flame over the blisters and burns, cleansing them as it went.