Beyond Third Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyatt blinked his eyes at her. Was there more to his request? He was all alone now. His mother dead and gone, the only person he felt a connection with now was Jane. Was he selfish for wanting to keep that going, to keep that feeling alive? He sat on the edge of the bed and looked up at her. His hand slid along his chest and he nodded.

"Yeah thin. Hm." he opened the dresser that sat at the foot of the bed. "They shop for you up here?" he said surprised that the clothing was his size. "We may have to make a trip up to your room, you're gonna need clothes too." His eyes raked over her and the vision of her in just the lace undergarments filled his mind. His body rolled with electricity just thinking about it.

Jane snorted in laughter as she turned her gaze towards him. "They shop for you, monitor your likes and dislikes...they even know what your tastes are attuned to." She held up the band on her wrist and lowered her voice to a whisper. "These things are like big brother watching you twenty four seven. They even monitor sleep habits." She moved to the foot of his bed and peeked into the drawer.

She reached in, pulling out a shirt and holding it up against herself. "We don't need to go to my room. Give them twenty minutes and..." She paused as she heard a knock at the door. "Nevermind. There they are now." Jane tossed the shirt, laughing as it flew towards his head. She opened the door, pulling the package into the room before closing the door again. She opened the box and sighed. "Of course...." She handed it to him with a blush. "They know what the guys like in a pairing..." she moved back towards her packs and rifled through the supplies. "I got a firestarter and some simple survival supplies. I can do what we need though."

Wyatt looked into the package a deep red filled his cheeks as well. He shook his head. "We won't need these planetside but you would look lovely in them." he said honestly running his fingers along the lace plum colored bra. He shoved tee shirts and other pieces of clothing into his pack once military rolled. He tossed himself back onto the bed and laid one arm behind his back.

"I've seen a lot, gone through a lot as a marine. I feel like nothing I've ever experienced is awaiting us out there." he said softly.

Jane rifled through the box until she pulled out the more sensible clothing. She shoved them into her pack and sighed. "Well, I'm just glad I got you and not Lyle." She shuddered, setting her packs by the door so she would be ready to moved. She grabbed her knife, sheathing it and bringing it with her to sit beside the bed he was laying on. She rest her head against the mattress and yawned. "Who knows what we will face....what kind of dangers and adventures we will get into."

A sad smile crossed her lips and she closed her eyes. "I just wish I had been able to go back for my stuff..." she reached for a necklace that wasn't there before her hand fell to her lap. "It was probably sent to my father though. It's all good." Jane moved her hair behind her ears. "What about you? Were you ever able to sneak off to see your mom?"

Wyatt froze, every muscle tense. A sudden overwhelming crushing pain filled his chest and his eyes overflowed with tears. He laid there in silence, staring at the ceiling as the tears fell out the sides of his eyes and down, his ears feeling flooded. He knew she didn't know what had gone on and even though the pain would be with him for eternity he had closed it in the depths of his mind while readying for being dropped planetside. Hearing her ask brought it all back, floodgates opened.

"Yeah." was all he could manage to say in his dispair.

Jane smiled widely. "Oh that's wonderful! She must not have been as sick as you thought." She lifted her head, turning to look at him. Her eyes went wide as she saw his tears and she moved to sit on the bed beside him. "I'm sorry....did...?" She left the question hanging, not knowing exactly what to say.

She reached a hand forward, gently wiping the tears from his eyes. "I didn't know...I thought if you were allowed back there...I mean...." She felt a heavy weight move to her own chest and she moved to grab a necklace that still was not there. "I didn't mean..."

Wyatt closed his eyes as her fingers wiped at the tears. He nodded his head. He understood her, there was really no right thing to say at a moment like that. He sighed and turned to look at her. "What are you missing?" he said softly, his hand reaching out to brush her thin neck she had reached for twice already.

Jane shook her head. A sad smile crossed her lips and she sighed. "I'm sorry about your mom. Don't worry. I'll make sure you make it once we touch planet side." She moved to rest her head on his chest, closing her eyes and fighting back tears. "I'm missing my locket. Dad was probably given my things. That's usually how it goes around here."

She moved to lay next to him, keeping her head on his chest. She felt like they could both use the comfort. "So, just in case we don't make it...can we just stay like this?" Jane fought back a sad chuckle and avoided his gaze. "Or...am I being too forward." She jerked up, eyes wide as she backed away slightly. "I'm sorry I didn't think about it."

Wyatt wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close, brushing a thumb along her cheek. "Please. This is the only thing that's felt normal since I got up on this space ship." He ran his fingers through her hair as her head lay on his chest. He flicked his wrist and searched for her father in the directory. It wasn't hard to find a Captain Cabot. He sent a quick message hoping that by the time they went to go planetside, a package with her locket would be at his door.

Jane relaxed completely against him. She let her guard down enough, relishing the way his fingers ran through her hair. "This is nice..." She rest a hand on his chest, fingers playing with the fabric. "I wish we at least had maps. I hate this...." She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. Hearing him breath in and out was oddly soothing. Instead of panicking about the close proximity, she was at ease. She wiggled, stiffening and grunting. "I almost forgot..." She reached behind her back, pulling the dagger in its sheath from where it was tucked beneath her waist band. She held it to her chest, turning to gaze up at him.

"Thanks, Wyatt. You've saved me a few times already. I promise...I'll keep us safe." She leaned up, planting a kiss on his cheek. A crooked grin crossed her lips and she chuckled. "Good thing is, I think this is exactly what dad trained me for."

Wyatt smiled softly at her. She was the hero type, the strong leader who wasn't afraid to be intimidating to others. He didn't find her intimidating at all. He let his eyes close as he continuously ran his fingers through her hair. One eye opened when he heard a beep. Her wristband lit up and projected out a file. He opened the other eye when he noticed it was information gathered on the planet. Three times the size of earth, a planet named Globus.

"Oh man, he came through." Wyatt murmured and with the knock on the door he moved from beneath her to go answer the door. Hanging from the door knob was her locket. He reached for it, moving inside he held it out to her.

Jane's eyes widened as information about the planet lit up on her band. "Woah..." She rifled through the file, gathering as much intel into her memory as she could. "Wyatt, it's a lot like old Earth!" She turned around, face lighting up. A locket hung from his fingers and she gasped. She climbed from the bed and dashed forward. "Mom's locket!!"

She took it gently from his fingers, her hands shaking with emotion. "How? Where?" She looked up at him, tears in her eyes. Jane grabbed his t-shirt, clasping the locket to her chest. "Thank you." She pulled his shirt until her lips met his. The fire she felt in her lips made her pull back after a few moments. "You truly have no idea what this means to me. I mean...if I hadn't of gotten this back then dad probably would have sold it."

Wyatt was too surprised from the kiss to tell her he had gotten ahold of her father. His lips were on fire and although he wanted to taste her lips once more, he nodded, reaching for the locket once more and stepping closer to her. He slid the chain around her neck. He brushed her red hair off her skin to clasp the chain together. He faced her once more. His fingers sliding down the side of her neck to rest on the locket.

"It's beautiful." he said his dark eyes moving from her neck to her eyes. "So... a lot like earth hm?" he asked watching the excitement bubble in her eyes again.

The way he took the locket and put it on her made her take a deep breath. It was as if she were watching on of those romantic holo clips. Jane froze as his fingers traced her neck and she shivered. Goosebumps appeared on her skin, her chest flushing to match her cheeks. "Oh...yeah...."

She blinked away her feelings, pulling up her band and the scans of the planet. "Areas of jungle and woods. Life forms have been detected, but not much is known about them other than they are mammals. Some small reptiles were found as well." She nibbled her lip, sighing. "Depending on where we are dropped, chances are high." Her eyes flicked back up to his face and she grinned. "We can do this, Wyatt....we can survive down there. I just wish we could live without the monitoring our every move."

Wyatt nodded his head. "Let's just hope these preliminary scans are good ones and we're not dropped somewhere that has six foot tall human eating aliens" he snickered. He saw the way her body reddened and he licked his lips. "I'd really hate to never see you blush again." he said his southern accent lulling at her ears as he spoke, his deep voice rumbling.

Jane flushed an even darker shade of red. "I...." Her fingers played with her locket, her eyes looking away from him nervously. "We will survive...I'll make sure of it...." She whispered, trying to keep her breathing even. Her chest lurched, giving away her own rising desires. "I'm...I'm tired..."

Wyatt brushed his thumb along her cheek bone. "You know, you aren't going down there alone. You aren't going to have to keep us alive, we will be keeping each other safe. You never have to worry about being alone with me." He nodded when she said she was tired. His mind was elsewhere, his body rippling with desire. He evened his breathing and brushed his lips to her forehead.

"It'll be the last time we see a bed, you're welcome to take a nap." he said his voice deep and gruff.

Jane couldn't bring herself to meet his gaze. His lips to her forehead had her giving a little mewl of desire despite her attempts at restraining it. Her body was flushed and she found her skin burned with his little touches. She wondered how it had gone from strangers to this so quickly. Was it just the thought of dying tomorrow that had her wishing her body was under his?

No, she supposed it was the thought of him in his whole being. For once she didn't feel alone when she was with someone. She didn't feel estranged, judged, or lonely. She knew he would take care of her once they reached the planet.

The sound was enough to drive any man insane. Wyatt had no way to fight off his desire then. His lips met hers. With a heated passion, his lips claimed hers, their breaths mixing until his tongue met hers. His hand slid up her back and held her head at the nape of her neck. He was several inches taller than her staning at six foot four inches. His other hand held her face, tipping her chin up. His body was now flush to hers and he blushed at the thought she could feel his arousal.

Jane was surprised by his sudden passionate approach. She gasped, groaning and melting against him. Her arms moved to wrap around his neck, her chest heaving as she opened her mouth to his. He pressed against her and she sighed as she felt every inch of him. She pulled away for a moment, catching her breath and staring up at him. "I've never...." She shook her head, blushing from head to toe and tightening her arms around his neck. "....done anything...." She tried to finish, feeling as if somehow her being a virgin would be a problem.

A soft groan escaped her lips, the feel of his arousal pressing against her causing her body to respond with its own need.

Status
Not open for further replies.