Beyond the Seas (with Exiled Dragon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I don't want to be a dick and say it's from school, but this stress if fucking killing me, it's bad enough When I wan to make my own Rps and I have no motivation what so ever to make them X(

If where things in the world Velska hated the most, it's when she doesn't know what decision to make. She knew at heart, that her life would always be tied to the sea, and would be the death of her if not her very being to live. Watching the sunset before her, the beautiful view and many different hues of blue to bright orange, the calling of the sea seemed even dire than before and her common sense of staying out of danger seemed to lessen in her mind. As Vel sighed and pulled a lock of obsidian hair behind her ear she looked to Chris, now auditory as they stood together. Not wanting to admit it, she would gladly accept his offer to leave the small, loving Island and be out on the great seas, but she was and forever will be of fear for her life because of who she is and what she knows. As he continued his rambling Velska's hesitation, mixed with excitement and fear, soon turned to something else, something she couldn't place

Playing with the fine locks that was her hair Vel seemed a bit flustered or even annoyed either one could work right now in the given situation. Placing her words before she spoke, the young woman opened her mouth to speak but was soon over taken by a kiss, and a very powerful one at that. With a slight stumbled backwards, her lower back bumping against the boards that held up the Crow's nest, Velska gasped heavily as the captain's mouth and her own where pressed together in a passionate embrace, his very being seemed to be in this one, heated emotion. If this were a pirate, with little no manners and hygiene was least admirable Velska would have felt sick to her stomach and even pushed him away forcefully, having him gladly fall at such a high place. Though with the captain, it was different and that was something she didn't want to admit to herself.

((I hear you on that. Well I'm always around if you ever just want to bullshit to help relieve some stress. I like helping people rant and all that.))

Chris continued to kiss the young woman in his arms, even allowing his tongue to snake past her lips and into her mouth. He hadn't let a woman entice him so much in a very long time. He wanted to know everything about her and he wanted to be with her. He may have been a bastard when he first tried to pick her up, but he hope that she would see past his rough edges and notice that he was genuinely caring about her. Even he could admit to himself that his own heart had skipped a beat during that kiss.

He broke from kiss regretfully as he looked into her eyes to say, "I'm sorry for my rude behavior but as I said there's something about you that had lit me afire. I didn't even give you a chance to say anything. Silly of me, you probably want to run from this ship and never want to see it again."

He slowly backed away in the small area that they shared, wanting to give her the space to process what he had said and done. He wasn't quite sure what her reaction would be.

Reactions: BigBirdie
(Thanks, that's actually pretty nice of you. Right now I'm just trying to keep up with my bullshit friend and some Senior who needs friends. They're not want i'm stressed about but I'm two seconds away from snapping on my best friend for being a whiny little bitch.))

Being who She was, Velska never once had time for romantic relations, sure, as a woman and a human being she has felt a physical attraction to men before, sometimes even a fond affection to women her own age, Chris wasn't an exception as he was a good looking guy, but never once had she pictured herself being in this kind of situation with him.

See as though he wouldn't let go of her any time soon, Velska became a bit numb during the kiss, even allowing his tongue to enter her mouth, but it didn't last long as he pulled away, a regretful look in his eyes that made the obsidian haired woman for feeling a bit of guilt for probably not feeling the same way as he did. How could she? The poor woman only knew him for a day and a half now, but he was already speaking to her about such things. Of course Vel was ready to shoot him down or even kick his balls into a point of oblivion, but an upcoming thought made her think otherwise.

So far on her trips around the world, being either a captive or fugitive, she has not found many allies in her life, especially none that seemed so genuine to help her. This man, this Pirate Captain, just might the thing she needs at the moment. Someone who was willing enough to invite her as a member of his ship, to be a valued member…yes, this is something she would need.

Wiping the corner of her mouth Velska looked at Chris for a moment before shaking her head, then turning her gaze to the floor. "…Not at all exactly, granted the kiss threw me for a loop but I didn't dislike it." This was partially true, Velska never kissed much before, well, in a since of love and passion so it was new to her. Cautiously she rubbed her arm and peeked a glance at him. "In fact, it had me thinking… that, maybe I should go along with you? It's only a matter of time before I get hauled off again by some brutes other than yourself, and you, seem to have a lot more Chivalry then most pirates. I don't mean to sound apathetic by any means, but it would be safer in for my sake. If I took up your offer…if it's not too late." She felt a bit sorry for deceiving him to certain, but having him around to protect her, was something she would need in the long run.

((No problem. I think everyone knows how annoying friends can get especially when they can't handle their own shit. Like I did tell you not to go out with that person, but did they want to listen to me? Nooo. >_<))

He wondered what she had meant by not disliking the kiss. He wanted to know if she was just throw off and maybe if he continued to spend time with her she would open up to just liking the kiss. Then he had to wonder what she had meant by getting hauled away by brutes. Did she mean the men that stumbled into her pub or was there something else about her? He realized that there was much more to her that he didn't know. He was going on initial instinct when he kissed her, but maybe he shouldn't have. Chris was the kind of guy that went with the flow of things and didn't bother thinking about subtext, but Velska was different. She had already challenged him like no other woman had.

No matter what thoughts were running through Chris' mind, he picked up that she would join him. He immediately went for an embrace and hugged Velska tightly. He hugged her tightly in his arms, brushing his stubble against her face.

Realizing his place again, he stepped back from the hug in the little space that they had, "That's great to hear. If you want, I can help you pack your belongings and get set up in your cabin. Then I can show you the ropes of what you're going to be doing. I heard from Notch that we should be able to go tomorrow in the morn. Is that too early?"

Before she could really answer, he was already on the outside of the crow's nest with his hand held out to help her over and onto the lines. He could already tell from earlier that she could handle the climbing on her own and didn't care for his help, but he would still offer it nonetheless.

Within the next Instant Velska only the pressure of her bones almost being snapped in half. She should have stopped him when she noticed his out stretched arms but none the less, she wasn't too angry about it. As the man remembered his boundaries and let go. Velska coughed slightly ready to make a quick snarl at him before she noticed him leaving the Crow's nest. Questions he asked earlier still hung in the air. With a hesitant hand Vel took his, and climbed out of the small bowl. Making her way down slowly so she could take in peace.

"I don't have much back at the tavern, so I should be able to come back within the hour, There's no need to go over the fundamentals, I know enough to get the just of what I have to do, and tomorrow morning seems too late. We should get a move on before late dawn, that's when the Brits are usually seen docking. They catch you at that time and it's over."

Chris just laughs as Velska brings up the Reds. He knew that she wasn't familiar with his ship or crew so he could forgive thinking that they would be caught be some lousy wannabe sailors. He looks her square in the eye with his smile plastered on his face.

He lets his boost out loudly to let the rest of the crew hear what he had to say, "Those damn Reds will never catch us. They will never even catch a whiff of us because we're so damn good and they pretty atrocious. I'm glad you decided to come with us so that we can show you real sailing."

He leaned to say in a softer, more personal tone, "Take your time for your goodbyes. We don't leave people behind so we'll wait. Just come back when you're ready and we'll take off from there. I'll even let you set our destination."

Velska raised a brow at the captain's broad smile; he looked kind of senile, but mainly funny, in an odd way. When they were both on the flooring of the ship he raised a foot and brought it down hard on the wooden deck so that everyone within the teen feet of use turned to look at him.

The dark haired women only huffed and rolled her eyes at it obvious attempt to get his crew riled up in front of Velska, to add emphasis to the point. She just shrugged and turned on her heel. "Alright, expect me back before midnight." She quickly scuttled off back down the dirt path to the Tavern.

The Mr. and Mrs. Where up and about getting everything ready for tonight's new batch of costumers, silently, Vel watched, now feeling a sudden wave of guilt and sadness. She was only on the Island for what seemed, four to five months, but this aging couple took her in like family as if she a child they'd hand created and grew up rising. It made her a bit sad to be departing from them in such a time when their bones could give away when least expected, but it felt like it was something Vel had to do. So with heavy heart she advanced toward the two Drigedi's.

The wife was the first to notice her and greeted her warmly as always, but seeing the slight shift in her face. Mrs. Drigedi became a bit worried and asked if she was okay. Velska only shook her head and smiled halfheartedly. "If it's not too much, I would like to tell you two something…" they both looked to each other and nod.

"S'it bout you leafin?" Mrs. Drigedi only chuckled softly and pats her hand. Her accented voice, soft yet husky as she talked "Now, watchu lookin so sad fur? T'aint nothing wrong wid you leafin us youngin' we's knew te day was comin when you'd go up and leaf, was only a tem'rary thin, this was. We ain't mad bout it sweet heart."

Velska only smiled and hugged the short woman. Who responded with a pat on the back. "Now, now, you's best get on an hurry. You leafin off wid that youn' Captin ain't cha? Mm-hmp! Don't be deny'n it netha, I knows a thing a two, now hurry on and get cha things. We'll be fine heya like we always was."

Mr. Drigedi, who rarely talked just nods his head. "Hm."

Velska did as asked and went upstairs to her small room in the attic and gathered what little belongings she had and off she was out the door. Not before thanking the kind couple who allowed her into their home.

It was only touching night time when Velska was able to leave the tavern. She took one last look before making her way up the landing dock that was attached the Beautiful Temptress.

((Sorry about the delay. Had a case of writer's block for this RP))

The crew of the Beautiful Temptress busied themselves about as they prepared to disembark for their voyage to knew excitement and adventure. They were just waiting for their newest recruit who would become their navigator. Whether she was prepared for the trials that came along being a pirate, no one would know for now but it was something that Chris and the crew were eager to find out. Soon after Velska was aboard, Chris led her to her room where only she would stay. Not wanting to wait around for any other reason, the crew began to get the ship moving out to sea. There was no better night than tonight to move out, the sky was clear and the stars were shining like nothing else in the world.

Inside the Velska's cabin, Chris told her, "We're going to head to an island where there's rumor of a piece of a larger treasure. It's some wild hunt that we've been on for a while now. Go ahead and get settled in and just come find me up top when you want to get better acquainted with what you're going to be doing."

Chris left her and walked upstairs to the deck. This part of the sailing was always his favorite, the setting out and not knowing what they were going to get into. As he moved to behind the wheel, he felt the sea breeze hit his face as he enjoyed the cool night air. Another new adventure for the crew meant riches and excitement around every corner. Chris became lost in his own thoughts especially how this new mysterious girl would handle the situation.

The was all but perfect for the crew of the beautiful temptress to head out, sooner or later the Bits would be docking, and that would mean a hell of a lot of trouble for her. As she was redirected to her new 'home' Velska was delighted that for once her stay on a ship wasn't in the cell quarters down below.

As she her small sack on the bed Velska then sat herself down and sighed. So far so good on the 'no one noticing who or what she was' meter. It seemed that, surprisingly, no one had heard yet of the 'key' to finding the Del 'la Cruise treasure. This was a fortunate event.

No little after she in her cabin getting accustomed to things, Chris came in with a little heads up of their next destination. Which made the young women heart falter somewhat, thought her response was only a nod, and after he left she pulled out a small world map from her sack and placed it on the bed. Quickly running a finger over the area where they were she traced it over to the nearest Island then shook her head. "It's not there…" she mumbled quietly to herself before closing her parchment and placing it back in her sack.

The air became noticeably cooler as she stepped out on the deck. They were already out and about on the waters which instantly made the young woman feel at home. Looking up she gazed at the sky for a moment before going up to the second deck, where Chris was sure enough, steering his ship.

"So, where exactly do I actually do my job?"

Chris pondered her question for a minute as he steered the frigate through the seas then answered with a laugh, "Anywhere you want to be honest. You'll need the stars so please feel free to do so here and keep my company. You have your quarters to spread out with any of the documents you need. I have all the maps in my room, so you can feel free to grab anything you need at any time. We don't hold many secrets among us. Set up however, wherever you like."

He noticed a few of his men having trouble taming a rig to bring in the sail. He started to take off his shirt to make sure he could get to work without hindrance. He grabbed Velska by the shoulder and moved her to behind the wheel.

"Just keep us pointed that way for now," he ordered with his hand held out pointed to the direction that he wanted her to go to.

When he arrived at the rope, he grabbed hold with a few of his men and dug in his feet. He could feel the strain from his shoulders as they pulled together. Notch began singing a shanty to get the men into the mood to fight the evening waters. Chris looked up quickly to make sure Velska wasn't scared of the task he dropped in her lap.

Velska thought about that, but looking around the deck she only noticed that the best to set up her work was up here or in her room. "Maybe I should make different sectors..." Yes, that sounded ideal to her. One navigating post for the actual ship then on for her self, so that way she could lay a course away from the place her grandfather had hidden his treasure.

Thinking about that brought up a question in Velska's head. The captain never said exactly what treasure they were looking for, was it safe to say it was her grandfather's? If not, then there was no need for her to steer them off course, but then again.... she couldn't be to sure about the man's future actions.

Before she had to ask though, he was down on the lower deck while she was steering the ship. At first Vel was a bit panicky about steering the ship but she soon came to enjoy the feeling it brought her. As she steered the young woman watched some of the crew members below her, bringing a sail in. She'd never done it before, but she'd seen plenty of people try, it was bad to do so when the winds were bad. Chris's crew seemed to manage as the night was pretty clear for the rainy season.

When Chris took a chance to look at her she only shrugged and kept her attention forward.

Last edited:
He just let a hearty laugh out when he saw Velska shrug. He helped get the sail under control and the men scatter to perform their own duties. Chris was sweaty already from wrestling the line so he went to the barrel of clean water and splashed some on his face. The cool water was refreshing so he used the small, wooden cup that hung to the side to bring some up to Velska. He handed the cup to her and then took the large wheel, a broad smile on his face as he enjoyed being the captain of this ship.

That was something that being a pirate that Chris loved, the freedom and the chance for exploration. The endless sea to explore. There was no where else int he world that a man could be as free as when he was a pirate. He hoped that Velska would relax and just enjoy the wonders of never having to do anything boring very again.

"I'm guessing you might be wondering what we're going after. Well, there's a tale of a ghost ship called the Oakenvale that contained a chest. No one really knows what's in the chest, but there are rumors. Rumors of mythical things, but that might be a wive's tale. Either way, we're set to go find that ship and that chest," Christ explained to Velska.

Velska smiled slightly upon hearing his laugh, it was a very light hearted one, filled with mirth. A lot nicer than some she'd heard on the other pirate ships, but then, she was always held captive on those ships and no one bothered to be a bit respectful to her.

When the sail was handled everyone scattered to more work and the young woman watched with interest, wondering what they had to do below the decks. She had remembering hearing from her grandfather that maintaining a large ship took a lot of effort and dedicated work from the entire crew. She wouldn't have mind seeing some of it live in action.

The thought was quickly abstracted from her mind as Chris came to her with a cup of cool water. Vel gladly accepted and stood back from the wheel so he could presume his position from earlier. As they stood together on the upper, drinking water, Vel kept her gaze out towards the sea, it was late in the night now and everything seemed so surreal and calm, not a cloud insight or even a rough wind. This was a bad omen or a sign of better days ahead, neither matter to the dark haired lady, the night was nice and the scene; beautiful.

As Chris started to speak of their voyage Velska tuned her ears to what he was saying, she in fact heard of the treasure he spoke of, surprisingly not from her grandfather but from locals of the Island, they said it was a very large and promising bounty any man would be proud to find. In response to what he said Vel nods setting her mug down on the banister. "I've heard of it before, and you guys are on the right track so it should be too far away."

Status
Not open for further replies.