Beyond the Seas (with Exiled Dragon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man is definitely drunk. Velska thought to herself as he bounced about. She could tell by the look on his face that this was his natural side. He seemed very playful, and estatic. Especially when talking about traveling, Velska did want to admit that she wanted to go, but going around with more pirates would land her into more trouble, and she didn't need any of that. As much as her soul burned to be in the outside world of freedom and adventure, she knew better then for her days of it to be spent on a ship full of money hungry men."

As the pub began to fill up again Velska got up and did her job continuously serving beers for at least thirty minutes until everyone calmed down and the women from around the village helped out so she wasn't on her feet the whole time. With a sigh the young woman sat down and down the rest of her second glass and started on her third keeping an eye on the men and nod to Chris from time to time when he looked at her.

Chris loved these moments as a pirate, just enjoying song and drinks with the crew and a few strangers. He laughed fully as the tavern was bouncing around with the life that everyone brought. He enjoyed listening to the stories the other men had to tell and wanted to share his own over a drink or two. His thoughts drifted off to Velska and wondering if he should try to convince her again, but he was with his men and they had earned this. He even chugged down a full mug before breaking out to lead a shanty.

The problem with being in the cups with so many other people is that sometimes tempers flare. As Chris was singing as loud as his lungs could carry, a crew mate had gotten into a verbal argument with a man from Barbosa. He couldn't hear what was being said but when the man took a swing at his crew mate, Chris had to do something about it. He jumped down from the table that he had found himself between the two of the men.

He reached and snagged his man and moved him back before yelling, "Oi, what do you think you're doing?! You know you can't just stand there and fight like that. You gotta fight like this!"

With those words, Chris turned to throw his own punch at the man. There was only a few rules that Chris had lived by but standing by his men no matter what. A brawl then decided to break out between the men of the Beautiful Temptress and the men of the town, with a few random pirates jumping in where they saw fit. Chairs are thrown around, but wooded legs were not the only thing broken that night.

Notch ran up and pulled Chris from the slug fest he was having with a huge mountain of a man, "Let's go, Long! The Reds are coming and we best not be here afterwards."

Chris turned back to find Velska as he was being ushered out by his first mate, "Lass, come find me ship. It's a wonderful thing and I want you to come join us!"

This was a normal drunken adventure for the Beautiful Temptress' crew.

Velska found it funny, that strong and usually serious men like pirates could go to being childlike in matter of minutes after a few mugs of ale. Frightening what alcohol can do to a person. I watched with light amusement as the captain was just as haphazard as his men. Though all the singing, loud boisterous laughter and talk gave me a slight pained head ache, I enjoyed hearing the stories about the open sea. As much as mind told me not too, my heart was bleeding out from sadness that I wasn't out enjoying the festivities as well.

From all the happy commotion some negative sparks went flying about as one of Chris's men was in a heavy argument with one of the Fisher men. Vel, living on the Island for some time, knew everyone that lived in village the pub preoccupied. Chris did his best to break up the fight, by punching the man in face right after telling everyone to calm down. The obsidian hair woman rubbed her face and stood as far away as she could from the tables, because as soon as that first punch was thrown everyone else went bat shit insane. While watching she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked to see the captain escaping with his men, telling her to come along. She was going to protest, but for once her heart took control and she went along with him. "Alright. And what do you mean find the ship? The damned thing hasn't moved all day." To emphasize she pointed to where it was anchored on the far side of the harbor.

Chris laughed as Velska gestured to grand ship that was the Beautiful Temptress. Sure the constables of Barbosa would figure out that the men from the fight belonged to the ship, but they wouldn't dare board such a ship without the resources to really take it down. So the men of the Temptress boarded their ship without worry of slight and found their way to beds. Chris basically crawled to his cabin, fully drunk from the night's festivities. Although there was a thought of a beautiful brunette that he could not shake out of his system.

The next morning was like any first morning after making port. The entire crew was dead with hangovers and slogged through their work. Even Chris was a little less boisterous from all the excessive drinking from the night before. He loved every minute from last night, but he always hated paying the tax afterwards. As he looked from the desk of his ship to Barbosa, he wondered if Velska would come seek them out or if he should make another trip to the tavern.

In all her life, Vel had seen many ships of various sizes and color palates, but none could quite compare to the beauty that was, hence the name, The Beautiful Temptress. While Velska basked in it's glory Chris and his men made there way on board. Despite the mishap earlier in the pub, the citizens of Barbosa knew better then to mess with a pirate's ship, so the haul and everything else stay unscathed. Seeing that the captain and his men were safely aboard their ship Vel went back to the pub for some serious clean up duty. Most of the tables and chairs were in a wreak and would have to be fixed during the day. Other then that, Vel swept up the broken pieces of glass and any other debree on the floor, within her pile she noticed a few rotted teeth, the sight almost made her gag but she disposed of it through the back door, before starting on the scrubbing. Around sometime in the morning. Idris came to inform her that her cleaning for the day would be enough and that she could get some rest. Gladly the obsidian haired woman took her bed for the early morning and fell into a deep sleep as soon as her dark locks hit her pillow.

Upon the next morning Velska jumped awake, the day seemed to late, as she must ha slept the whole morning, quickly getting dressed she went down stairs, seeing the day at the pub already started. before she could apologize Idris told Velska that there was no harm and that they let the young women sleep in after what happened the night before. Greatfull Vel took it upon herself to go and get some needed things from the market within the inner working of the village. With a large woven basket the young woman made her way down the dirt road. Seeing that the Beautiful Temptress was still docked at their little harbor she decided to see the captain off, going with him would be to dangerous for her health as well as his. Because of her mark, Vel was a walking target for anything and that was why her brain told her constantly that staying at the pub would be best for her. At the ships docking board she stood, not wanting to walk up it in case she might be attacked.

Chris looked down from the deck to seek Velska walking up towards the ship but stopping at the boarding ramp. He smiled broadly and waved emphatically at her. He wanted to go down and talk to her but to get through all the men working on various things would be a pain. Not to mention, everyone was moving slowly because of their hangovers. He decided that he would risk it, he grabbed a line and swung from the deck in a large semi circle until he landed just a few feet away from Velska. The sudden movements were almost enough to cause his to lose whatever food he still had in his system, but he held it all down.

"My lady! You came to see this grand ship. Isn't she amazing? I love her! Oh! My apologies for last night. The drink got the better of me. I'll pay for any damages," Chris spoke with a rapid pace that showed his excitement.

He reached into a pouch tied to his waist and pulled out a dozen golden coins, placing them into Velska's hand. Apparently the haul and the trading the crew accomplished yesterday was worth a pretty penny. Chris had at least 5 times that left in own personal share from the profits. Each member of his crew loved Chris because he shared his wealth and because of that they were rich for petty criminals.

Velska stood there for at least another few second before she saw a familiar face peeking down at her from the deck of the ship. With an enthusiastic wave, Chris seemed to be perfectly fine after the night he had with his men. A small huff escaped the young woman as she waved back, wondering how he would get down with so many of his men sluggishly moving up and down on the ramp. The captain must have thinking the same thing for Chris grabbed a rope and slid his down onto the dock while Velska watched with slight awe that he was able to land without any discrepancies.

As soon as the captain came in front her he talked a mile a minute, first expressing the love of his ship then apologizing for the night before. He even handed Velska a dozen coins to pay off the debt. She starred at them silently then back up to him. "Thanks." Before she slipped them into her own money pouch, she was silent for a moment. Not wanting to get to close to this man, but it would be nice to have company for a moment longer so I stayed. "When are going to depart?"

Chris reached up to scratch the back of his head as Velska asked him when they were going to leave. He wasn't quite sure. They had been out at sea for so long, that it might take them a while to gather all the men back onto the ship. Although they would be done with supplies and selling off the remainder of goods in the next couple of days. That was of course if there was no more hiccups with Barbosa. He couldn't afford to let his men get into another brawl with the fishermen or worse other pirates.

"Probably in the next day or so. We're just about done. Would you care to join me for a meal? I promise I won't go off drinking right away," Chris offered with a smile and a small bow.

He was excited to go out with Velska and talk with her more. He wanted to learn more of her grandfather and any chances to see if he could convince her to come aboard. He loved hearing stories and helping people fulfill their explorer's spirit. If some kind old pirate had not taken the time to teach a young boy, then Chris would not be the man he was today.

Velska only looked to the sky for a moment before her gaze returned to the captains. "I would like to, but I have shopping to do, after the incident from last night the food went a bit low from most of it being spilled onto the floor, but if you would like to help me gather some from the market that would nice." She didn't expect him to say yes or even respond right away, She knew he had other things to do but it would be nice to get some help carrying the potatoes.

"Of course, I'd love to join you. It would be my honor to make up for the shenanigans I may have provided last night," Chris said with a wide smile.

He turned towards the Temptress and called out, "Oi, Notch. I'm going to go help clean up my mess! Make sure the crew doesn't screw off too much."

Notch had just turned and waved, already shaking his head at the fact that his captain was gallivanting again. Chris turned his attention back to Velska and held his arm out in a loop for her to take. He decided if couldn't sit down to eat and drink with her, then he would help her with her errands so that maybe later she would enjoy a meal with him.

Velska gave a small sliver of what seemed to be a smile when he agreed. This was great on her part, after the abundance of men that filled the pub last night, food stock was low and she would need to buy a lot of food for the rest of the week if Mr. and Mrs. Drigedi were to stay in business.

Once the captain informed his men that he would be out for a while he offered an arm towards Velska, in which she took after a moments hesitation and they were on their way into the heart of the village.

Given that Barbados was a lovely trading post, the market had many different food items to choose from, this included, potatoes, rice, Tomatoes, corn, and various spices. Velska, quickly went over the list she made up in her mind before searching around a bit from where she stood. "Right now, we are in need of, Potatoes, salt, meat, and bread..." She said allowed to Chris so he could keep on the look out of these items as Velska searching around for them within the market stands.

As much as Chris loved the sea and the adventures that it brought, he had to admit that there was something amazing about the markets and smell of fresh food. His mouth watered with the sights he was taking in. The aroma of fruits filled him with such a delight. Not to mention he was also attending to a girl he found interesting. Chris could not have asked for a better day than this.

"Alright, let's see if I still have my negotiation skills or if Notch stole all my magic," He said confidently as he mentally listed off what she had just told him.

From being a captain for so long, he had delegated those duties to his first mate and other men but he had initially had the talent for trade. There was a reason why the crew of the Beautiful Temptress were rich compared to other pirates. Except for the bread, Chris was very adept had knowing how to get each of the other items. He began talking to a vendor for a few barrels of salt to go along with the meat he would purchase. He knew he had just given Velska a lot of money, but he wouldn't mind spending a little bit more.

He turned to her and asked nonchalantly, "Would you tell me more of your grandfather? Or any other way that I may remind you of adventure so that you may consider my offer?"

As Chris worked his magic, Velska watched with much amusement, though his judgement was sweet, the gesture wasn't really need as Velska would have gotten a discount on the food anyway. Being that she worked at the pub, and it was one major source of the villages income, they were very sweet when it came to handing over food and ale for the married couple who ran it.

The obsidian haired woman turned her attention to the bread, she would have to make it, as no one usually just had bread sitting out to buy, they ingredients usually came in a large sack, which she bought two of, the pub had been going low on bread for a while. it was best to buy the two bags instead of so it won't run out as quickly, and seeing that Chris had given Vel a bit more spending money on groceries she planed to spend it all on the essentials for the pub to stay in business.

After the buying of the food was done the Captain turned to the cursed women with a question. she only responded with a shrug. "W can talk more, but I have to get these thing back to the pub first. Can't have myself laze about just because you are here."

"You know, if you come aboard and become our navigator then you can laze about around me. I'm pretty easy going," Chris reminded Velska of her offer before continuing, "I'll definitely help you get all this stuff back. I still want to hear more about you."

Chris began lifting the supplies onto his back to carry through the market and to the pub. He wanted to hurry up with these chores so he could find out more about Velska while trying to continue to convince her to make her way to joining the crew. He didn't know why he wanted her to join so badly, but he enjoyed her smile and her attitude. He loved providing the opportunity for people to see adventure. Along the way to the pub, Chris stopped to get a pomegranate which he handed to Velska with a smile.

It wasn't long before they were unpacked and the pub was filled with supplies. He went by to see what else he could help with. He was willing to show that he wasn't just some vagrant pirate, but he could actually be a friend.

((Sorry for the long wait. I didn't get the last notification and then I had some family stuff come up this weekend.))

(It's alright, same over on my side)

Velska only huffed and rolled her bright eyes. "Thanks, but not doing anything after a while makes on edge, I'm not a lazing about type of girl." Now with two baskets full of food and few sacs, generously carried by the ever attentive Captain. Vel made her way back to the pub, with a very eager pirate to accompany her. Once the things were dropped of at the pub and Velska gave the rest of the coins she had to the couple she then stretched with a contempt sigh. Not knowing what to do, until the shop reopened again, she decided to take a risky decision. Turning to Chris her eyes scanned over him cautiously before she opened her mouth.

"How about, I take you up on that offer to see your ship?"

Chris smiled when she asked for a tour of the ship. He actually was excited to see if he could get her to come along and join them on their voyage. He nodded his head in anticipation like a little kid and reached out take her hand in his. He led her out of the pub and into the daylight towards the Beautiful Temptress. They headed through the small trader town towards the large frigate that had men working to finish up packing away supplies. He brought her up the gangplank and onto the ship.

He took Velska around to show her all the different areas of the ship. He brought her down to the hold and showed her the common area where the men would hang out and play games when they were not on the deck. He took her to his cabin but stayed outside to make sure she wasn't feeling pressured by anything. He told her too look inside a small chest by the bed where he had exotic treasures that would be rarely found around the world.

After a little tour, he stopped at the rigging the led up to the crow's next and asked, "How are you with heights? Because up their is one of the best views in this whole world."

It had been at least a three months or so since Velska had been on a ship. As always they were magnificent things, large powerful and exceptional beauties. As the captain let her on board, the obsidian locked woman felt her own excitement growing inside of her. She'd notice from yesterday how pretty Chris' ship was and wanted to board it but her well educated mind held her back from such temptations. Vel didn't need distractions if she wanted to continue on being in unknown by the rest of the world.

As they walked through each level of the deck, Vel noticed how relatively clean the ship was. Taking a peek at him from the corner of her eyes, she wondered how much Chris must love his ship to have in such good shape, as any captain should for their ship. But the thought had her curious, maybe the guy wasn't such an animal as all the other pirates she's met. When arriving back on the deck again Chris then took her to his quarters, always separate from the rest of the crew as Velska remembered. Inside was also nice, clean sheet, and a near to tidy desk with paper work and maps about the top. There were also trinkets hanging about the walls and such but she didn't really pay much attention to those now. Chris said something to her about checking a chest by the bed. Happily, the girl did as he asked and opened it. The content inside made her gasp slightly. Not even the jewels her grandfather showed her were as marvelous as these. Starring at them a bit longer she then closed the box and left the quarters, going to where Chris was standing, mind you, that he was outside the room the whole time. Which Velska appreciated.

Seeing as the tour was over, Vel was a little sad she couldn't take a closer look at everything -that would have taken the whole day- but it was to be expected from such limited time. Though, to her surprise there was one more thing Chris wanted to show her, and that was the Crow's nest. he asked if she was okay with heights. The smaller of the two laughed slightly at the comment. "I'm perfectly okay with them." After the she looked up, her eyes tracing where each ladder of rope lead to. She then took the one, she noticed, that lead straight to the small bowl at the top of a large beam that was indeed, the Crow's nest.

Chris took Velska's hand and made sure she was had her hands firmly planted onto the ropes. While docked, climbing the rigging was as easy as climbing anything but he still wanted to make sure she didn't slip and hurt herself. He knew that would not be a fine impression to leave on the poor girl. The wind blew slightly as they made their way up. Chris was already enjoying this outing with her. He admitted to himself that not many women saw this side of him, the playful pirate.

Once up top, he helped Velska into the crow's nest so that she could safely look around from up top. He lifted one leg at a time to slip into the nest with Velska. The crow's nest was usually meant for one person to keep lookout and although it would allow for room for the lone person to keep themselves entertained, he found himself pressed closely to the young woman that had caught his eye.

With a child-like smile, Chris asked, "So what do you think of this view? Did you like my ship? Fucking gorgeous, pardon my French."

(Sorry, been having a bit of a writers block lately)

Velska didn't much help climbing and slightly scoffed at his help as she handled the ropes. She'd been climbing ropes for a long time, this wasn't anything she couldn't handle, now feeling as if she was being treated as a child the dark haired woman made her way up the ropes stopping a moment to take in the gorgeous scenery. She'd seen the docking bay plenty of times, even when the sun was setting, but at such a height it was marvelous. Now greatly excited Vel continued to climb to the top

Once at the level of the crow's nest, Chris helped the young obsidian haired women into the small bowl like structure. The wind seemed to blow a bit more now that they were up in such a high place. Amazed by the few, Velska stood where she was, starring contently into it as Chris made his way beside her, now a bit cramped in the small space, though she didn't mind. She chuckled a bit to her the captains out burst and turned to him. "It's fine, and the view is gorgeous, I've never seen it in a way like this."

Last edited:
((No worries, I completely understand that. I can definitely feel tapped out creatively at times too. o_O))

"You know, there are other things that I can show you in a whole new light if you come with us. I know I'm sounding like I'm giving a hard pitch but if I were to be honest then I would say that I'm also very interesting in you. I'm attracted to you and you've also lit a fire in me with how you carry yourself. Ugh, sorry I'm rambling," Chris said as he stood behind Velska looking out at the town and water in the setting sun.

He couldn't help himself any longer so grabbed her by her shoulder and spun her around to face him. He pressed his lips against hers in a kiss. He wasn't sure how she would react since his initial forwardness was rebuffed, he could only hope that she didn't push him back off the crow's nest and to his death. Chris tried to put every bit of passion he had inside of him while he tried to steal her breath away.

Status
Not open for further replies.