Beyond the ether

Which way would you prefer to die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spirits glowing eyes flashed out of existence briefly as he blinked hard. Such pent up rage wasn't just due to some graffiti. Maybe he had been too harsh on her, having only been dead for about a week, she was bound to be angry, especially due to her circumstances. He sighed deeply. "Ok but just stop with the vandalism. I have to take shit for that you know?"

A girl who had appeared to be sleeping at her desk suddenly jolted awake as she violently sat up and slammed her back against her chair and a loud "THUD" echoed through the near-empty classroom. Her long, stringy black hair whipped out of her face as she nearly jumped out of her skin to reveal she had heavy bags under her now wide, musty blue eyes, and she was gasping for air for no apparent reason.

After a few moments of scanning the room, her breaths calmed, and she wrapped her thin arms around herself.

"C-calm down, Marci..." She softy mumbled, "You...you're dead. You're in the afterlife. You're in the afterlife and not at the bottom of that cold, dark lake."

Marci shivered a little bit before dropping her arms to her side. She wasn't a traditionally attractive girl, having thin, pale skin that was transparent enough to see her veins in a couple of spots, and there was some discoloration to her lips that gave them a faint purple tint. Her nose was long and triangular, almost like a bird's beak, and she was thin to the point of looking malnourished. Basically, just by looking at her, you'd know she died by drowning.

Not even moments after calming down, she realized there were indeed other people in the room to witness her little freak-out. Her EMBARRASSING freak-out. Marci then went bright red in the face and stared down at her desk, her long tendrils of hair cloaking her shame.

Angel turned her head sharply towards Marci. "Marci, you okay?" Angel only recently dying was one of the most compassionate members of the school, you wouldn't know it though with her lack of social interaction.

Spirit glanced at a timepiece mounted on the wall. It was about time to start. He cleared his throat, a strange action for someone lacking such anatomy, and bellowed "Class is now in session!" It echoed through the hallways, signalling that ALL students should get to class right away. Content with the volume he achieved, he sat down and waited for the students to arrive.

Darla stared, bewildered at the gasping girl or whatever. She furrowed her eyebrows. Every one has problems in the afterlife.

Cesar looked at the embarrassed girl with a rather friendly expression despite his facial features despite the little attack she just had. "Oh, she's pretty!"
Darla looked over at Cesar and glared. "See what I mean, Marinthia? You don't trust air heads like that loser, baker." She patted Irithia on the back as if she needed the support. ".... Did I say your name wrong?"
"What's wrong with calling beautiful people pretty?""That is not the point you willy! Ugh, whatever. I'm going to sit down."
Darla held her nose in annoyance, sitting down away from Cesar and Irithia.

"I should probably get a proper seat before I get scolded." Cesar muttered, the block disappearing back into the ground and he took a seat at his own desk next to her.

"Ready Sir." Angel sat at her desk and prepared for today's lessons.

Iri just continued to remain confused through the man's 'air-headedness', not opening her mouth again until the girl patted and questioned her. "Irithia.. it's alright-" She might have continued if not for the next sudden dispute between the two.

She only shook her head momentarily as the boy sat down again in the desk next to hers for the start of class. What other odd things would she encounter today?

Marci peeked through her wiry black hair to give Angel a compassionate side-glance. Her face was no longer beet red and only her cheeks remained flushed.

"Y-yeah..." She mumbled softly to avoid aggravating the teacher, "just had another nightmare...about dying...as usual."

She sighed and slumped forward on her desk. Having had died so recently was rough on Marci, making her jumpy and timid...which she may or may have not been back when she was alive. All she remembered was her name...and the fact that her eyes used to be brown, but now they're the same murky blue as that lake. If she had the choice, Marci would love to never go near water again.

"Where is Luci? He is always late" Angel frowned. Despite having only just broken out of her shell Angel enjoyed the new freedom of what she thinks is happiness; though she isn't quite sure if that's what this is. Yet somehow she needed more, without being able to remember anything of her past life but her death and the man who caused it, she needed a purpose in.this life; a goal. Hopefully this school would give her one.

"Don't worry, it's kind of a desert here Marci" Spirit chuckles from the back of his throat. "Ok now that everyone is here I will begin!" announces Spirit with a sort of creepy grin

The shady boy walked down another flight of stairs, as he did he heard the familiar voice of spirit. Sighing to himself he pulled a pair of red headphones over his ears and turned up the music. Everyone must be in the class by now, looking up at the clock he smiled. "fashionably late" he laughed to himself as he opened the door and walked in.

Dropping her backpack at the foot of a stool, the chains from Anji's pants gently clinked down on the wooden seat. She leaned back and eyed the array of teens like her, some more shaken out of themselves than others. Flirting hadn't skipped a beat between some, but she guessed it would help pass however long eternity would be.

"Get a grip, Marci, you just had a bad nap," she interjected between Angel and the groggy bedhead girl that was Marci. This gal didn't even pretend to care about their purpose of being in academic limbo. Whenever Anji saw her, she was catching a nap or gazing off like a kid tripped out on spacecakes. A little off the deep end about being dead, but harmless to be around so far. So far...

Marci's eye's widened; the teacher can read thoughts?! She felt both impressed and embarrassed by his ability to read his students like a book...but, she calmed down tremendously knowing that she wouldn't even have to SEE water for a while.

Angel eyed Anji. She made sure eye contact was made before allowing her eyes to glow their deathly light. "You are lucky I like you."

"Lucifer Ventor! Just because you've known me for the better part of 140 years does NOT mean that you can waltz in here of your own accord!" Spirit growls, staring him down angrily

"its all good sir" Luci said placing his arms round spirits shoulders, still wearing the headphones. He eyes the new class mates and laughed a little as he did. "my old seats free" he smiled

Sensing conflict, Marci panicked (as she usually did) and let out a stuttering interjection "N-no, she's right! A bad nap is exactly wh-what I j-j-just had."

Angel focused into Anji's mind." Sorry about that, just don't want Marci to feel like she will get harassed every five seconds. Just remember not all of us are as chill with being dead as you." Angel snapped out of Anji's mind and turned back to the teacher, Spirit.

"ok... Ok... OK?! What part of this is OK?! You disrespectful runt! Don't make me come upside and bitch-smack you Luci! Last time it took you a week to wake up..." Snarled Spirit, seething with rage.

The only reply Anji felt like giving that soft angelic face was a serpentine lick between or two slender fingers. "Same to you," was the look she gave Angel obnoxiously, kissing the explicit hand gesture she had made. Angel was an edgy kind of pretty the young punk could make a lot of worldly dreams about. She idly mulled them over while the elegant face turned away her, toward their teacher.

"Sooo... Everybody is here. What are we gonna today, Mr. Spirit? We gonne learn our A-B-C's up in this hell?"

Status
Not open for further replies.