Beyond Flesh (Bleach)

Status
Not open for further replies.
URYU

Uryu was uncomfortable today -- there was something in the air, though nothing that the naked eye would pick up on, which explained the civilians casually heading home from school or strolling around as if there wasn't a notable drop in spirit energy. There were a rare, select few that were legitimate spiritual stones -- everyone else, they radiated something, and at least when gathered in passerby areas, emanated enough energy that someone attuned, like himself, could feel it. But there seemed to be a lacking, and while Kurosaki waved it off as everyone's spiritual lazy day, Ishida knew better than to underestimate anything.

So he'd scaled the streets, casual but alert -- Orihime and Chad had joined him for a while, but eventually went home as results failed to show. "Better for me, I'd prefer to be alone," He thought aloud, honest, eyes sharp, searching. "If I'm wrong, I can sleep tonight. But if I just went home and then something happened," Uryu couldn't bare the thought of ignorance on his part, the others could shrug even after all they'd been through, but he wouldn't let his guard down, ever.​

RIMA

The human realm never had appealed to Rima -- it was full of vile, greedy, sickly people, that substitute and his group being an exception. Perhaps it simply reminded her of the district she wasted the early years of her life in without choice -- though where the humans dwell was unique, for the souls were unknowingly tormented at a near constant by the presence of demons, specifically, hollows.

However, there wasn't anything here.

"Perhaps we over analyzed," Rima pondered aloud, walking in between her squad captain, the man that had naturally been elected (more like he demanded) to come here and investigate; on her other side was a prominent member of squad ten, Miyabi, who was a blessing of lent ability. Rima did not know her very well - of course, she knew little to no one very personally - but they were equal in strength as well as uniquely talented, and that garnered her unspoken respect. "Other than a lack of spiritual energy, there's very little out of the norm," She spoke calmly, rolling her eyes at the people that sped by on bikes, unable to see the reapers, but still shouting and hollering excitedly. "Everyone seems more than a little stimulated."​

Mayuri

It was only for matters of great importance that Mayuri was willing to leave behind the labs of Squad 12--spotless, sterile, and most importantly, under his control. In the human world however, there were more...ethical restrictions. Thus, he intended his only interaction with the other world as only a means to an end, a medium allowing him to bring something new back to those labs.

He watched through squinted eyes at the humans as they passed by, each one as unimpressive as the last, then tilted his head slightly towards his subordinate, Rima, as she spoke. "Perhaps," he replied, still scanning the area for spiritual pressure despite underwhelming results. "But I don't plan on returning to Soul Society without a test subject, Hollow or not."

He thought for a moment, then spoke again. "Then again, if what we're looking for preys on individuals with high spiritual energy, this area could have been depleted. If we can find someone with any spiritual pressure, they would make good bait for the Hollows...unless one of you would rather do the honor."

Miyabi

Miyabi listened idly to the chatter of the humans around them, keeping her hand close to her sword despite the lack of imminent danger. When she had been asked to accompany two members of Squad 12 on a mission, she had felt her nerves rise, as it was rare her captain trusted her with that sort of responsibility.

Little had she known that these two members were the captain of Squad 12 himself, as well as Rima, whom Miyabi only knew through the word of others, but their words alone were enough to make Miyabi determined not to disappoint.

"I hope we didn't come here for nothing," she murmured in agreement with Rima, noticing a new spiritual pressure appearing at a distance. It wasn't a Hollow, but hell, spiritual energy is spiritual energy. As she noticed this, she caught the tail end of the captain's words, and, just for kicks, vaguely considered taking up the role of Hollow bait. However, she decided against it. "Pass," she said, focusing on the same spiritual energy she had sensed before, now drawing nearer. "Hey, why don't you ask whoever that is? Maybe they've got a death wish."

Status
Not open for further replies.