Between two worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Levander thought for herself and had a worried exspression on her face.
-"Oh... Uhm... Well, it depends. I don't really know. But in bad days he can really go angry without reasons, if he have a good day... he can be nicer." She answered and then looked at the girls before taking her hand on their shoulders.
-"Anyway, let's go back to my office, okay?" She smiled and I looked at her wondering, if she really was alright. Her smile seemed... off somehow.

((Sorry I haven't answered, I've been away and haven't been able to be around a computer))

Following back to the nurses office, Lizzy sighed, that was hardly a satisfying answer. If Mrs. Levander, the best adult at the school, didn't have an answer then who did? Obviously it was the awful ones, the school guard probably knew, but Lizzy had no intention of asking him about it. Maybe Soul had some insight, if she got the chance she would ask him.

Di was still moping about not meeting the mysterious clearning man and scheming new ideas and posibilities. Maybe it worked after dark. "Hey Emma. Are you staying in the younger girl's room where I am? Where will you sleep?"

I looked up at Di and then looked down to the floor with a sigh.
-"I... Uhm... I've to sleep in the attic since the girls dorm is pretty full. Mrs. Rover took me there, but it's just under the girls sleeping place, I just have to go up some ladder and I will get up to my own room. Though it's very dusty and there are weird old stuff in there." I said and then smiled a little but it was like some of the mouth didn't want to go up and I made an weird expression.
-"Mrs. Rover said that I will get a bed with you girls later on though. It's just with this ranking that's the problem." The rank or lever is one of the most important things in this school, how well you're and if you can get out of this school with high ranking or if you've to stay some more with harder lesson and learning. But since I was very new, I got the worst place of them all, it seemed.

The strange face Emma made convinced Di that the attic must be a strange and fascinating place to visit, but probably awful to sleep in, especially alone! How could they make the youngest kid try and face her first night in this awful place while isolated like that? No, she determined that wasn't going to happen if she had anything to do with it. After the teachers checked on them she could get up to 'go to the bathroom' and sneak to the attic to stay with Emma. The likely hood of getting caught was very high, but it was worth a try wasn't it?

Lizzy had been listening in on their conversation. "The ranking system is always a problem. The kids that should get out of here, sometimes have to wait for their records to be all finished. Di and I have to be really careful about our ranking, we want to be released at the same time so one of us isn't here alone."

I looked at the two.
-"But aren't you two older and younger than each others? How are you two going to get out at the same time?" I couldn't help but to ask and then heard Mrs. Levander open the door and called for us to hurry. I walked after her and went inside the room where soul and Grace were. Mrs. Levander walked to Soul, asking him how everything went.
-"Could you handle everything well while I was gone?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am nothing extremely major happened. How were things for you?" Soul turned to face the teacher and bowed his head in acknowledgement to her presence, blinking and crossing his arms over his chest.

Mrs. Levander smiled and sighed a little.
-"You don't seem to have changed at all." She said with a laugh and then took her hand on his shoulder.
-"I hope you will have a good time here, though things haven't changed much. Also, I took care of my things and well, it could have been worse." She then walked to her table and looked at some files.
-"Soul, I would like to speak with you later tonight if that's okay." Mrs. Levander turned to soul and made some sort of nod and then looked at Grace in wonder.
-"How are you hun? Feeling better?" She walked towards Grace and gave her a small hug, like a mother would do.

Soul simply gave a singular nod to Mrs. Le answer when she made her request to speak with him later. He then went into the main compartment of the nurse's office and stood by the desk waiting for any new patients and giving Grace and Mrs. Levander some time. He fondly remembered Mrs. Levander as one of, if not the nicest, adults here. Oh well he thought as he stood waiting.

"Hey Soul?" Lizzy asked in low tones, it didn't seem like the type of conversation to carry on like usual. "What do you know about Mr. Henry? Mrs. Levander says he had some days that are good, and some bad. But I don't think I've ever seen a good one. Unfortunately we've seen far to many bad." She said with a nod of her head at Grace's recovery room.

"My opinion of Mr. Henry is that he is the way he is whenever you happen to be looking at it. That isn't to say I agree with or am okay with anything and everything he does. But he is the principal of the school. And my boss for that matter. I apologize for not saying more." Soul followed her gaze before suppressing extreme rage. It was visible on his face for a moment however. He sat on the edge of the desk and crossed his arms over his chest. "Anything else you need or would like to ask?"

"I have a question" Di interjected standing very close to Soul she whispered very seriously "Did you ever see a ghost here? I think its haunted."

Soul couldn't help but laugh for a moment. "Ghost? Well, I suppose it is possible. Have you seen a ghost? That would be quite a sight, and frightening." Soul's tone of voice was joking. But his face slightly serious. He had seen what appeared to be a ghost when he was here as a student. It was of a lady, one of the original teachers in school's first years supposedly. He wondered if they had seen her to, if so it was bad news.

Di shook her head sadly "Never. But I think it would be exiting." She looked enviously at dear Emma who had at least seen a mysterious stranger.

I looked around, felt a little tired as I rubbed my eye and saw how everyone was talking to each others. It felt a little early to sleep but actually I didn't know how much the clock was at all, would the school eat dinner soon? If so, the principal would call out and tell everyone but it doesn't seem to be the time yet.
-"When is the time everyone eats dinner?" I then asked, feeling a little hungry as well.

" Yes.Thanks mom" Grace said quietly. then she stood up still unsteady."Dinners at 6:30 you two" Grace to a wary step forward trying to not fall again. She looked over at Soul seeing him looking at her as she tried to walk.' He is everything i could have thought a good guy was and more...' grace thought as she continued to walk unsteady to the door.

"Here, let me help you?" Soul walked beside her, offering her his arm for support. A smile spread across his lips as he tilted his head slightly, looking in her face. "Or would you prefer I carry you?" The smile was sly-ish. He actually kind of wanted to, for her sake. He walked closely, and at her pace just in case.

"What would you prefer?" Grace replied with a devil smile. She could tell he wanted to carry her, and frankly, Grace did too. She wasnt going to tell him that though. As she waited to see what Soul would do, Grace looked over at Emma and smiled warmly. Grace would do anything for her.

-"I'm hungryy..." I said and looked at them.
-"What's it going to be for dinner?" I kept on nagging since I felt it has been a long day and surely enough, needed food. The clock was only 6 though and dinner wouldn't start before 30 so they had another 30 minutes to wait but in the meantime, they could probably wait outside the dining hall if it wasn't against the rules of course.

Soul swept her off her feet quickly, carrying her now. His left arm under her knees, his right arm under her shoulders and neck. He laughed quietly and looked in her eyes. "Well, hello there."

Grace squealed quietly as she was lifted off her feet. "Hi" she replied looking into souls eyes. Grace smiled, relaxing a little in his arm. They were stong yet comforting. She let her head fall a little resting on his chest. She didnt know if Soul knew where he was going, but she didnt care. He could take her anywhere and she wouldnt care.

Status
Not open for further replies.