Between the Sun and Moon

T

Tom Sawyer

Original poster
There is a lake between the sun and moon
Not too many know about
In the silence between whisper and shout
The space between wonder and doubt

These words are inscribed on the arch to a set of ruins Charlotte Branson finds when wandering through the woods one day. The only two structures left intact are the arch and a pentagram past it. The pentagram has symbols all around it, but they are in a language she can't read. Charlotte notices that she can see the pentagram when she is looking through the arch, but not when she isn't. Frightened, she goes back to the city and tells her father, who is the mayor, about the arch. She withholds its location from her father, who she knows will prohibit her from helping investigate it if she doesn't have a bargaining chip.

Her father organizes a group of people to investigate the ruins, and reluctantly lets her come along as a guide. When they get to the ruins, there is a debate: the arch is obviously unusual in some way. Does the party go through it? Or do they stay in town and investigate further?

Characters necessary:
Charlotte
A paranormal expert
A scientist
A couple others (whatever people want to play)

I will play the father.

Character sheets:
Name
Personality
Backstory
Supernatural powers the character would have (if they somehow received them)

Could I play a friend of Charlotte's? I'd like to use my character Masa for this.

Sounds good. You'll have to come in a little late but not too much. Can you post the character sheet?

Hey Tom, if you're posting actual signup threads, they need to be posted in the Signups section. (This thread can be moved to the right forum!) Unless this is just an interest check thread?

Name: Masa Sakamoto

Appearance:
New Masa.JPG

Personality:
Loyal and Honest. Masa is the type to stick up for her friends and loved ones without backing down. She'll speak her mind and won't care about the consequences that could follow.
She doesn't care at all if someone mistakes her to be a boy, which happens all the time. Even her teachers would think she is a boy.

History:
Masa's father has always wanted a boy, but was disappointed that his first child turned out to be a girl. He became determined to make her be the boy he always wanted. He convinced his wife to name her Masa, and raised her to be a great fighter in their family owned dojo.
She thinks of training as a chore around the house, so she isn't spirited about it.

Supernatural powers the character would have: A sword called the Black Dragon. It gives Masa the power to either protect or destroy.

Attachments

• Dark_Flying_Dragon_Japanese_Katana_Black_1.jpg
    Dark_Flying_Dragon_Japanese_Katana_Black_1.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 7
Name: Masa Sakamoto

Appearance:
View attachment 6415View attachment 6416

Personality:
Loyal and Honest. Masa is the type to stick up for her friends and loved ones without backing down. She'll speak her mind and won't care about the consequences that could follow.
She doesn't care at all if someone mistakes her to be a boy, which happens all the time. Even her teachers would think she is a boy.

History:
Masa's father has always wanted a boy, but was disappointed that his first child turned out to be a girl. He became determined to make her be the boy he always wanted. He convinced his wife to name her Masa, and raised her to be a great fighter in their family owned dojo.
She thinks of training as a chore around the house, so she isn't spirited about it.

Masa is also a descendent of a mortal samurai that was said to defeat a demon and claim the katana, The Black Dragon, for his own. Only a select few of this samurai's descendents may wield the mighty weapon. She is the only member of her family that can use The Black Dragon.

Legend tells of mysterious deaths linked to the demonic blade. It is as if the katana has a mind of its own, and attacks those who are not worthy to hold it. Masa's father has come into possession of this dangerous weapon, taking extreme caution in moving the blade. He was in fact injured by the blade in an accident, and his wife saved him. That was when she was pregnant with Masa. Ever since she gave birth to her little girl, she can no longer touch the katana. She was injured as well one day when she tried to move it.

The sword seems to protect Masa rather than try to harm her. Her father noticed this and was overjoyed that he was the father of the child that could wield The Black Dragon without being hurt by it. He was also proud that she looks more like a boy than a girl.

Supernatural powers the character would have: (N/A for now)
Do you mind if we keep the bit about th katana out for now? I don't want the world to have any supernatural elements at first. Maybe it can be a legend of her familys and the sword can be related to the supernatural powers she gets?

Cool. I'd there anyone you might be able to invite to the thread? I wanna get this started soon if possible.

Paranormal expert is sooooo meeeeee xD hahaha
Will start working on my character ;)

Yay! I got one, now time to find some more people.

hahhaha xD I saw the word paranormal and I just "....<3"
*were a paranormal freak when I was 13-15 years* xD

*Red sees that 3 subscibsions are updated, everyone is updated by chrona xD hahahah

hmm... well then I have some time to think of my character and don't need to rush xD haha

Red, just a little thing but you should try to maintain good grammar on this rp. It's ready hard to read your posts on the Unnatural rp.

sorry :o
I'm not native speaker o.O So I don't have to good grammar though :o

Ah. Might help to work on that a little if you have time. It isn't too big a deal tho. I can still make out what you mean.

Phew
I will try my best, Sir! *does soldier salute*