"As if our mother would care. She didn't even notice us leaving, since she's so preoccupied with Makai, so if I were to just casually stab you through the stomach, I don't think she'd care much." The smaller of the two cooed, as her already somewhat long nails suddenly extended. Eyeing over her claw-like nails, she offered her sister a raised brow.

"Jeez. Now that I think about it, if I killed you, you'd just annoy me in my own home. Maybe I'll kill your brother instead. I'm sure it would be much more heart-wrenching."

"You lay one finger on my brother, and I... I'll make sure Makai kills you. He still loves me, which I know you find difficult to believe, but he does. If he can murder your father with a smile on his face, I'm sure he'll kill you," she spat angrily, nervously casting a glance towards the living room door, though, as worried as she suddenly was, she knew Azaiah was bound to put up a fight if they dared going near Ivan. That was at least somewhat comforting, though obviously, she didn't want it getting to that point. "...Besides, Azaiah won't let you get near him, he'll... he's dating Ivan, so he won't let you hurt him--"

"And you think he'll put up a fight against me and my sister? Sweetheart, Azaiah's tough and all, but he's some little peasant my mother felt sorry for and brought in to serve us. He's not really up to par with us, but it's adorable you think that. I'm sure he must adore you, thinking so highly of him," grinned the elder demon, resting her head back on the couch and examining the living room a final time before pushing herself to her feet. "I don't intend to kill you. Like my sister said, you'd just annoy us and Makai would go all gooey-eyed for you again and... ugh, I won't have you flaunting about my home with Makai on your arm. No... but I also don't intend to let you get away with being so darn rude--"

"...Why the fuck are you here?" Azaiah blurted, having arrived to fetch himself a bowl of ice cream, intending to settle down with a movie while Ivan got some rest. He hadn't expected to see Makai's sisters in the living room, obviously, and despite having had sex with both of them at one point in his life, he did feel himself growing embarrassed by the fact he only had his boxers on. "I... leave her alone, got it? And Ivan, and... bloody hell, can't you and your asshole brother just leave me and these guys alone?"

"Oh, hello, Azaiah~!" Cooed the girl, who had chosen to take a seat adjacent to Laura. "It's been far too long. A whole human year, hm? Have you been having fun, spending time with your little priest friend? I don't understand you or Makai, to be honest. So fascinated by these humans. You have full access to sex back at home, yet you choose to stay with a priest? You must really love him." She drawled, before offering a taunting smirk.

"What would you do for us, to keep us from messing with your little 'friends'? I don't intend to just leave here without making an impact. One of you needs to be taught a lesson."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: potassiumboron
"You always did love drama, didn't you? And an attention whore. I suppose you had to be. Your parents only ever loved Makai. You and the others don't mean shit to them," he grumbled, wandering to the kitchen once deciding Laura was safe enough-- though he left the door open and cast glanced in at the living room just in case. He'd known them since he had been a child, but the one thing he hated about that family was their unpredictability. They could pull off something that was uncharacteristic and unexpected of them.

"Oh, don't be a bitch, Azaiah, it doesn't suit you," laughed Primrose, who had brightened up instantly at the demon's appearance. She'd only slept with him once when they were 16 or so, just out of curiosity after hearing Makai boast at the dinner table how many girls he had on the go, but she'd always had a soft spot for Azaiah. Most of her siblings and her family liked him - up until recently, he'd always been loyal and trustworthy. She blamed the sudden dishonesty on his associations with the humans, and her parents for thinking it was a wise decision to send him in the first place. "We're simply asking you what you'd do to save your human buddies. I'm curious, really."

"...You aren't going to kill them, I know you're not. Your games aren't really phasing me," the tall man shrugged in response, taking a seat beside Laura and, after sharing a supportive smile with her, casually eased back with his ice cream. "Did Makai send you to fuck with us? I thought he'd be more preoccupied being a father and sucking up to your Mom."

With a childish pout, the other sister - Minerva - tugged on her short pigtails with a whine. Staring down at her nails, which had retracted back, she glanced towards the door that lead up to the second floor with a scoff. To emphasis her annoyance, she picked up a framed picture of Ivan and Laura together and immediately dropped it onto the floor, watching it shatter.

"I just don't understand, Azaiah. Why do you care so much about these people? They're humans. Not to mention, I've heard a little birdie say that you've even started to attend church? How pathetic is that?" She asked, her voice rising in annoyance.

"...I don't go to worship and pray, Minerva. I go to watch and support my boyfriend, and... you know, people like me in this community! I've made friends with most the churchgoers, they all say I'm a wonderful person. How sad is it that a bunch of religious humans have treated me better than the family I've served for a century and a half, who I saw as family? I think it's pretty fucking sad, and that's a main reason why I ain't coming back. I've settled here, it's nice to be treated like a person--"

"As heartwarming as that all is, it's also boring and I'm tired of hearing you speak." Primrose muttered cuttingly, her own pout arriving, despite her attempt to be mature and the lady in the situation. She wanted to set the house on fire, and she could if she wanted to, but what was ladylike about that? "I'd rather you be home than Makai. Mother won't give me a second glance now he's back-- and with a couple of sprogs. Thank you for that, Laura darling. Everyone's going all gooey-eyed over a bunch of disgusting halflings. The world's gone insane."

"They're not even that cute!" Squeaked Minerva, as her naturally red skin seemed only to grow redder in frustration. "They're like pasty, skinless cats. Their horns are dull, and probably couldn't hurt a single soul with them. Mother has gone absolutely fascionated with them, and I know Makai is using them as a plot to take the throne. I'd rather have a human rule Hell than him. He's... ugh. Laura, how can you be so dense? To marry and raise monstrosities."

"Azaiah? What are you doing?" Came Ivan's tired voice from the stairs. "Why are you out of bed? It's way too late, you should be sleeping...."

"Ivan, I... shit, I'll be right there, okay? Just... I'm trying to find the ice cream scoop, you need to really start putting things back in this kitchen where they belong!" Responded Azaiah, hoping he sounded as he normally would, though of course he was desperate for his boyfriend not to come down. He was equally as desperate to get these sisters out of the house, though... he knew them far too well. The more he wanted them gone, the longer they'd stay just to see what panic and chaos played out. They were related to Makai, after all.

Laura, though, was too caught off guard to even pay attention to any of that, after hearing what the sisters said about her children. "They... what do you mean 'horns'? They weren't born like that, th-they looked normal, perfectly human..."

"You don't really understand how demons work, do you? How sad. I mean, you were married to one. You, of all people, should know that we can change our appearances. Maybe that's what your precious babies did, huh?" Cooed Minerva, her small smile only growing at the hook. If the truth upset Laura so much, why wouldn't she just sink her teeth further into it?

"Oh, and that's your boyfriend? How dense is he? Are you always like this with him, keeping from knowing whats going on? I would be upset, if I was him. To be blind to my boyfriend's going-ons. Have you even shown him your real form?"

"It isn't like I invited you here, Minerva. You popped up out of fucking nowhere. I'd rather he didn't see you, sure. I'm trying to protect him, so if that's so bad of me, then I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong," grunted Azaiah with a very obvious roll of his eyes, moving a tad closer to Laura once noticing how quiet she had become-- though he could have predicted that. Makai and his family always had an ability to find out the one thing that would hurt a person most and twist the knife in without remorse. Laura's weakness were her children -and the guilt she had about letting them go- and he could have predicted them picking up on that.

"...He doesn't need to see my real form, it isn't important," he eventually replied, ignoring the delighted grin Primrose had at the revelation. "He'd freak out, it really isn't necessary. I mean, we don't look great, let's be honest. It's fucking monstrous."

"Rude," laughed Primrose, inching forward in her seat. "You know, I want to meet your boyfriend. I'm sure he'd like to meet me, I'm delightful. Besides, he'll end up in Hell eventually. He'll have to get used to us, hm?"

"Oh, Prim, that's a lovely idea!" The girl cooed, as she hopped off of the chair. "Should I go and get him like this? Give him a little spook? I mean, the poor boy has probably never seen a proper demon. How sad~! Prim, will you come? Or are you going to make it my job?" She huffed, before taking upon herself to move towards the door when given no response.

"I'm the older sister; I'll go," smiled Primrose eagerly as she started for the door, until being met with a furious Azaiah who was obviously determined to stop her. However, her earlier smugness had been for a reason. She was stronger than Azaiah, simply because of who she was, and she did stand at a taller height than he did. She wasn't as tall as Makai, but she definitely stood at a taller height than some of her other brothers, and she did delight in teasing them about that. She made her height advantage clear by standing over Azaiah and shoving him out of the way with a chuckle. "I won't hurt him, I simply want to bring him down to join our little conversation~! Maybe we can all head down to Hell just in time for Mother's celebratory dinner for Makai, that'll be nice..."

"...Are they okay, the twins I mean? I... They're not missing me too much? I shouldn't have abandoned them, but Makai wasn't prepared to co-parent, I imagine, and I was furious and scared and... they're safe, is what I mean. Makai's... he's looking after them?" Laura weakly attempted again, twiddling with the wedding ring on her finger as she always did when Makai's name was brought up. "...They're not being looked down upon because they're half human?"

"Depends on who you ask. Ask my mother, and she'll say that they're a blessing. Ask anyone in her court behind her back, they'll say they're disgusting. Granted, not everyone had seen them yet. I'm sure the reactions will be hilarious either way," Minerva purred, and easily moved to sit besides Laura, a brow raised.

All the while, Ivan's scream of terror could be heard. To be met with some best red monster after having returned to bed for a light snore wasn't something Ivan wanted to do.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
"...Ivan? F-Fuck, I... I did try to get rid of her, I swear. She won't fucking leave-- I told you, get the hell away from him! F-Fucking leave him alone, Prim, seriously--" Azaiah began, dashing frantically up the last few steps to burst into the room and, shoving past Primrose, rushed to his boyfriend's side desperately.

"Oh goodness, he's awfully pathetic, Azaiah. This is the man you want to settle down with? I suppose I'm not surprised. He's a priest," shrugged Primrose as if that explained it all, rolling her eyes and taking in the bedroom setting in the few seconds she graciously gave for the human to get over it. After counting to five in her head, she offered a wide grin-- knowing full well the sight of her sharp teeth would be on show. "I'm Makai's little sister, nine months apart actually. My mother spent a good ten years just being pregnant, really. We're all close in age," she shrugged again, her shoulders aching from the amount of nonchalant shrugging she'd done. "You're this busybody priest I've heard so much about, aren't you~? Makai mentioned you. He's not a big fan. I think he wouldn't bat an eyelid if I broke your neck--"

"Which she won't do. She's made it clear that she doesn't want you dead," promised Azaiah, grimacing as he sunk to the bed to take Ivan's hand tightly in his own. "I... they've just come to make trouble, really..."

Ivan locked his eyes on the ground, his body stiff and lightly shaking in utter fear. When he offered the slightest peak open towards Primrose, it was clearly bad timing on account of seeing her many rows of teeth. He immediately locked eyes with the ground once again, and began to quietly whisper under his breath a quick prayer, at least to calm himself down. It didn't help his onslaught of tears.

"They would have killed me?!" He whimpered, once the thought had been brought up. "O-Oh my god... Ivan, this is ridiculous. I just want us to be left alone. Why is this happening?!" He whimpered quietly to his boyfriend, low enough to at least not attract attention from the other demon as he clutched Ivan's hand tight in his.

"Because-- fuck knows. They're Makai's family. They just like interfering and causing trouble and..."

"I was curious to meet Laura. When I found out her brother was a priest... well, I had to come and visit, didn't I? Are you honestly scared of me? Weren't you sat at a dinner table with my parents just tonight, Ivan? Hell, didn't you know Makai all these months? And you're scared of little old me? Must say, I'm charmed and grateful by that," she eagerly smiled, taking it as a compliment, even if she was fully aware that she was the first demon he had seen in their natural form.

"Now, it would be an awful shame to leave without making a little trouble. I want to annoy Makai. He sees you all as his little human pets. Why wouldn't Minerva and I fuck with that? He ought to realise that just because he's mother's favourite doesn't mean he's mine," she darkly glowered under her breath, taking a moment to grimace angrily to herself, before lifting her eyes back onto Ivan. "So~! Are you going to sacrifice yourself or will we just mess about with Laura? I do like her. She's very feisty, defended you passionately..."

"W-What do you mean, sacrifice?" He whispered, while darting his eyes towards the stairs. "What are you going to do? I'm not going to Hell, neither is my sister., but if you're going to hurt one of us, I-I'd prefer you hurt me. I'm the reason all of this happened in the first place."

As he attempted to seem brace, despite his cracking voice, he squeezed Azaiah's hand as hard as possible, and forced back tears.

"She's bluffing," encouraged Azaiah, matching Primrose's stare. He knew that the girl, like all her family, was unpredictable, but he still didn't think she would go as far as to kill someone. It wasn't exactly what the family did. They punished humans that ended up in Hell in death, but they hadn't been responsible for any of them ending up there. As furious as Makai was, and as threatening as he had become, he had left without killing Ivan, as tempting as it had been. If Makai had neglected to do that, then Azaiah was pretty certain Primrose wouldn't go that far. "I mean... you don't kill people, Prim. Ain't that what your Dad and Mom spouted at you all? That you punished sinners, you didn't go about doing the same as them--"

"I'm not my father, or my mother-- Makai's just killed my father! I think the rules have gone out of the window at this point," snapped Primrose, though she had become increasingly fidgety the moment she was challenged. She began to shift her weight between her feet and fiddle with her hands again. She wanted to keep up a threatening, imposing figure, but it was difficult to do when she had to come to terms with the fact she wasn't exactly... likely to bring any harm to anyone. "I... I fully intend on bringing you to Hell to piss Makai off, s-so... so shut it."

Despite Azaiah's reassuring words, Ivan worriedly stared at his boyfriend, his face still flushed in horror. After all, the threats may have been false, but they were real to him. He had already seen Makai kill his father, which scary enough, but now that his family was threatened, he couldn't really think rationally.

"I-I... what am I supposed to do?" He whispered to Azaiah's ear, while taking both of the demon's hands with a soft whimper.

"...As sweet as this whole scene is, Azaiah, I... I'm not my brother, or my mother, or anyone, s-so... so how dare you underestimate me! You're just a servant, right? And he's just some pathetic, over-emotional priest," she snapped, the anger suddenly bursting out of her in disgust-- and the way she referenced to Ivan, with a fearsome glare, was enough to make Azaiah grimace and hold onto him protectively. He didn't recall a time where Primrose had been this angry, which, admittedly, did scare him. Though, he didn't really have a chance to protest and to even try to stand up and defend Ivan when Primrose knocked him out with one punch. For all the strength Azaiah possessed, it wasn't really enough to compete with the Devil's own daughter, and it was a serious cause of embarrassment for him when he had been a 16-year-old, constantly teased by some of Makai's sisters when they easily managed to outdo him in arm-wrestles and the like.

"...How about you come downstairs with your sister and my sister ad we can... we can discuss what to do next, unless you want to be hit like Azaiah-- I'll probably break a few bones if I hit you,s o bear that in mind," she overtly threatened, shaking her hand to ease the pain in her knuckles from the punch. "Maybe my sister and I will leave you in peace. It depends on how well-behaved you're going to be. See, I'd rather avoid the hassle from Makai... but I also want to piss him off. Do you see the conundrum?"

• Love
Reactions: saturnia pavonia