"Of course we can. You know, four a two hundred year old demon, you sure know how to act childish," he teased, while locking his eyes on the road. "Look, Sherry can be pretty mean, but she can be pretty sweet. She donates to the church as often as possible, and she always helps with bakesales. I'm glad she isn't dead, really. Look, a lot of the older ladies don't like change, you know? It's always been just me, so they're a little confused by you, I guess."

"Still don't think it gives her license to be a bitch to me. I was on my best behaviour. I was charming and kind and-- I'm not used to people looking at me like that. Not humans, anyway. The humans I see on the street smile at me, usually. Whatever, I ain't offering to take her coat next time. Next time, she can fucking do it herself," childishly continued the demon as he sat back with arms folded over his broad chest, glaring for emphasis as he set his dark eyes on the scene outside the window. However moody he wanted to appear, though, ended the moment a small smile cracked on his face. "The place looks real nice again, Ivan. See? Told you things would get better, huh~? Less murderous rampages now, which is always nice. Though, I swear, old Lucy's gonna have a field day when this lot eventually die. The amount of sinning that's occurred up here is going to give him a headache... Sorry. I shouldn't really talk about any of that. Makes you uncomfortable, doesn't it?" He apologised instantly, assuming the talk of Hell and Lucifer really weren't comforting topics for the holy man. Even if it was a huge part of Azaiah's life, like religion was to Ivan, he did want to please the man, and he that meant blocking out chat of his home, so be it.

That also meant blocking out the topic of Makai, even if the man had also been a huge part of his life since he was a toddler, near enough. Not mentioning Makai was a start-- but it was rather hard to ignore him when he was stood in front of the restaurant just as the car pulled into the same restaurant the three had sat down together in a few days prior. Grinning wide at the sight of the two in the front seat, he waved a hand and put out the cigarette with the other, greatly appreciating the heavy sense of deja vu that was at play. Hell, it was probably far more enjoyable given neither of the couple really expected him to make his appearance known.

"You should have expected me to pop up. I couldn't really leave now, could I?" Drawled the handsome man as he offered his best friend a lingering smile - one he was disappointed in when it wasn't returned. "Do stop glaring at me, Azaiah. I'm here for a reason. I'm in... trouble."

"You? In trouble? Oh, what happened? Have you met another girl? Is that it? You're struggling to choose between her and Laura, and so ran from them to get fresh air, and decided, hey, I'll just go annoy my friend and Ivan again. Seriously, that... shit's not fair. I'm fine, I'm enjoying myself. Can't you fuck off?"

"...Amusing as ever. Let's talk over lunch again. I could make room for a good burger-- are you going to continue frowning too, Ivan? I'm sure you missed me. I've only been gone a short while, but you must have missed my presence," laughed Makai as he held the door open in a gentlemanly manner. "Come on through out of the sun. I may just burst into flames, it's amazingly hot out here."​

"Let's get something at the house, huh? My stomach is hurting, I don't think I want greasy food." Came Ivan's response when he locked eyes with Makai. Not only was he frowning, the frown immediately grew to a scowl of disgust. He was ready to simply back up and drive away, though glancing over at Azaiah had convinced him to at least make sure that Laura was okay.

"Makai, I'm not going to eat with you. You can talk to us right now, hm? Now, does this have anything to do with Laura? I swear, if even one hair on her head has been messed up, I will call the Bishop and make sure that you never come back- I've g-got a cross, too." He insisted quickly, while moving to hold the cross necklace hidden underneath his shirt

"You won't harm me when I've arrived peacefully and with the best of intentions, would you? Honestly, Ivan, I know you have a flair for the dramatic and the theatrical, but come on. Put away your lovely little cross, and let's go sit down. We can talk about that bitch of a sister you have, if you desire. I have no intentions of seeing her again, which I suppose will please you somewhat, won't it? I haven't harmed a hair on her head, but I could so easily have. I wanted to, terribly-- but I... liked her. Loved her, really. I couldn't hurt her," the demon admitted, rubbing the area on his finger where a wedding ring had once been, but was now missing, which he genuinely was struggling to adapt to after wearing it for such a long time. In a rare show of genuineness and sincerity, he held back a frown as much as he could before gesturing backward at the restaurant, a little desperately. "I could do with the company, really. I get that you hate me, but Azaiah is my dearest friend, and I'd like to talk to you both. We can talk about your Bishop friend too. Now, he's someone I want to rip apart with my bare hands."

"Why? Because he's religious? Dude, grow up-- oh. Oh! He's done something to you, hasn't he?" Beamed Azaiah, not at the circumstance itself, but proud of himself for having worked it out without Makai prodding him and offering clues. "Aw, Makai, did he figure out you're an asshole? Can't have taken him too long."

"He f-fucking slept with Laura. Alright? He had sex with my wife only f-fucking yesterday-- Our relationship was open, but I still... it still... hurts-- Can we go eat? I want to eat something," admitted Makai as he fiercely turned his head away in refusal to be seen with tears in his eyes. He wasn't afraid of crying in front of Azaiah (in fact, he was the only person he would contemplate crying in front of) but like hell was he prepared to give Ivan that satisfaction. "Quit being a little bitch and come have a meal with me, Ivan. You know you care for me, deep down~"​

"I'd rather she have sex with the Bishop than a demon," he replied honestly, completely stoneface, despite the fact his blood was boiling. A man he trusted, one who was his superior, doing something so devious? Meanwhile, he was afraid to kiss Azaiah? Not to mention, what if Makai was being dishonest?! Nonetheless, he offered the other a chance as he carefully left the car.

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
Deciding now wasn't the best time to smugly point out that he thought the Bishop had been dodgy from the start, Azaiah quietly wandered towards Makai with a sharp look, at least silently informing him that he ought to quit teasing Ivan. Azaiah had no doubts that the priest, in his current mood, wouldn't hesitate to shove the cross onto Makai's skin if he continued to verbally prod him.​

It took everything in Ivan's being not to slam the car door loudly, with his knuckles flexing warily. Because of his beliefs, he forced back the urge to punch the fuck out of Makai, or verbally tease him. Instead, he opened the door for the demons, and politely motioned them both in before him. Upon seeing the familiar waitress, he forced a kind and convincing smile and thanked her for their seat. Sitting down carefully, he set his head in his hand as he locked a glare on Makai.

"Fine. What do you want to talk about, Makai? My sister kicked you to the curb, and it's time for you to leave my family and my town alone. It's what you get for being a scummy jerk, threatening me to do things like kissing and... more..." He muttered flatly, before glancing up at the waiter and once again offered a fake smile. Ordering a simple gingerale, his expression immediately dropped again.

"Hey, I dumped her, let's get it right. She actually begged me to stay, but I decided she had perhaps gone too far. Maybe it was hypocritical of me, but I have my line, and she pushed way over it. Sleeping with a Bishop without informing me that she wanted to? I find it personally disgusting, particularly from him-- I'm on dangerous ground, I suppose. You two are an item now, so I can't be so disparaging on demon-cleric relationships," smiled Makai slowly, more than aware of the hatred being shot his way from both the other men, but preferring simply not to address it. Ordering a simple chicken salad and beer, he held his hands together in another rare show of awkwardness before smiling a tad wider. "I don't really want to be a nuisance. I just had nowhere else to turn, and I come with the best of intentions, Ivan. Anyway, I won't be here long. Azaiah and I will leave by the evening."

"Azaiah and I? Get real. I don't want to leave. We aren't in Hell, Makai-- I don't have to obey you here," mumbled the younger of the demons in protest, lip jutted out in what was a typically childish display. If they weren't in public, he would have grabbed Ivan's hand and made his allegiance to him visible, but clearly that wasn't a possibility given the public setting. "I like Ivan a lot, so... hey, he likes me too, don't you~? I'd rather be here. Ivan's not gonna up and leave me like you did."​

It was hard for Ivan to hide his look of glee upon hearing Azaiah's declaration. With a bashful smile, he decide to st least subtly sneak his hand to grab Azaiah's from under the table. It was the farthest he dared to go in public.

"You're a demon, Makai. You can go anywhere you want to for however long you want to. You've ruined My home, I don't want it to be hurt again.

"I can't move around too much, Ivan. Don't be such a bastard and let me stay here, would you? I won't be any trouble. I thought priests were kind and compassionate? Listen, I can't... move around, it brings attention to me and I know my father wants to bring me home ASAP. I need to stay in one place, and here seems pretty nice," snapped Makai across the table, this being the first show of anger he had dared to reveal. He hadn't wanted to beforehand, hoping it would convince Ivan to let him stay if he could prove he wasn't going to snap at him, but, in his desperation, he didn't have that level of control over himself.

Calmly trying to return to his more composed posture, he smoothed out the tablecloth absently. "I don't want to return home, not yet. I'd rather stay here-- either you allow me to stay, for which I'll be grateful, or you make me leave and leave me no choice but to return back home. Do you know what it's like down in Hell, Ivan? I don't like it. I'd... I want to stay here."​

"What will you do for me?" He grumbled, though his growing frown was evident of him cracking a tad. His morals specified that he invite all in, but demons must be an exception, right?

"I would only slightly accept you in if you refuse to hurt the people in my town, understood? After all, you're the reason the Bishop showed up anyway."

"So I'm the reason the Bishop came? It's my fault he met Laura and decided to have sex with her? Cheers, Ivan. Look, you aren't ever going to like me, but I'll be on my best behaviour if you allow me to stay around. I can be... reasonably behaved if I set my mind on it. Just don't let me come into contact with the Bishop, because I don't think I'd manage to stay calm," he admitted, thanking the waitress when his meal was placed in front of him and, now he and Laura were definitely over, shot the young woman one of his signature grins. He may have broken off a year-long marriage, but he hadn't really been totally faithful to her during it, so he had no issues in flirting with women this soon.

"I can make sure he stays in line. He's an asshole but he's... still my best friend, really. I'd think we're safer keeping him around than letting him stray around. If his father does come to find him, I'd... like Makai around to defend me. I'd end up dead if he wasn't there as protection," admitted Azaiah as he warily grabbed his calorific milkshake with a grin, even despite the sudden fear he was hit with. He may have been close to the family down in Hell, but he had no hesitations in believing that he would be killed in an instant if anyone down there discovered his budding romance with Ivan, of all people. A human was bad enough, let alone a member of the Church...​

"He's coming to my house for dinner, Makai. If you were to hypothetically stay with me, you're going to at least have to find a place for tonight, unless you can mature up and handle it. I'm not re-planning a meeting with my boss, who offered to help clean up the mess you made, because you and my sister had a falling out, understood?" He replied firmly, while taking a sip of his drink.

"I expect you to do more than just sit around and not cause trouble. I want you to actively help. You don't get to have a free pass anymore, the only reason I was okay with you just wasting space was because you were with my sister. I expect you to work to clean up your mess, and do tasks for me. Azaiah has no problem with it, so you shouldn't either."

"But unlike Azaiah, I have no anticipation of having sex with you, Ivan. Haven't you considered the possibility that his eagerness to help you out is because he wants to eventually bed you? Or are you completely oblivious? Maybe I'm wrong though, huh? Maybe he wants to help out of the goodness of his heart, and I'm doing him an injustice by suggesting otherwise?" Makai grinned, leaning coolly back against the booth and, after removing his suit jacket, and adjusting his watch, he apologetically nodded. "I suppose I'm critical-- but Azaiah is a nice person. You know, you two being together really is a good thing. I'll get to introduce you to my father when you die, Ivan. You'll be heading straight to Hell, of course, but you knew that already."​

Ivan instantly looked away. One reason for his shy behavior was the reminder that his whole career was for naught. He was supposed to be an example of society, and how one should act, and here he was enjoying lunch with two demons, one of which he considered some odd form of boyfriend. Secondly, he was admittedly peeved that Makai no longer had interest. It was a bit selfish, sure, but he was never hunted for when he was younger. Even before he decided to be a priest, his sister had flocks of boys at her side when she was his age, meanwhile he was single and very much a virgin.

"... You care about me more than to just have sex with me, right?" The priest whispered, in fear of choking up. "Right? I mean... I hope so..."

"Huh? Oh, yeah, duh! Do I even need to tell you that? I would absolutely love to... you know... have sex with you at some point, but like I told you, it's really not a huge deal! Why are you even letting him get in your head? He's a manipulative bastard, we know that. Just ignore him, he's doing this on purpose," persuaded the younger demon, who shot a glare towards his close friend and, in doing so, managed to catch sight of Makai's mischievous smirk still unsubtle on his face. "Look, Makai, Ivan and I like one another--"

"Mm, it's obvious. Love's really in the air, hm? Maybe I'll go and say a word or two to that waitress? She is rather pretty-- a little too boring, but I suppose I'll be able to liven her up," cooed the man after deciding he really didn't want to hear the caring gushes between the two for a second longer. "What's her name, Ivan? I think she's worth getting to know-- it's all innocent, relax. I won't be forcing her to sell her soul."​

"I love how you go from wanting pity for being rejected, to immediately wanting to jump someone's bones. Have you no shame?" He scoffed, while squeezing Azaiah's hand tighter. "She's 17, and I'm not letting you put a single nasty hand on her. Just- why do you like to irritate me so much? What do you get from it? Are you satisfied that I'm going to Hell because of you?"

"Because of me? Oh, sweetheart, is that how you want to comfort yourself? By blaming me? I didn't make you date Azaiah and pursue a relationship with him, did I? That's why you're going to Hell. Laura probably is too, actually. I should have told her that," laughed Makai without much regret. Why would he be guilty about it? If he had to go home, he would take comfort from knowing that Laura would be there too. They may have been open in their marriage, but he had been incredibly hurt by her recent actions-- so seeing her punished for all of eternity in Hell was a nice thought.

Examining the waitress again with a faint sigh, he did purse his lips in annoyance. He may have done some pretty horrible things, but he had his limits, and this was one. "Fine, but I fully intend on seeing someone else when I can. Why should I hold back? Do you not want me to be distracted and not annoy you-- or would you like me flirting with you again, Ivan? I've always said you were cute."​

"You may not have initiated our relationship, but you sure as hell were the reason we started to date anyway. That is, in all honestly, the only really good thing you've done for me, Makai." He admitted, while taking a sip of his now flat gingerale. "How long do you plan to stay with us, exactly? I can't harbor you forever, and I'm pretty sure that your... father... would find you if you stayed in one place. Macon doesn't need any more drama, Makai."

"And you wouldn't want to meet my father, I'm guessing? Wise choice. He's... probably your worst nightmare-- not to sound dramatic, but he'd definitely take pleasure in torturing you. The fact I want to sleep with you really doesn't seem so bad now, does it? I suppose that makes me a grave disappointment to him. I'd rather flirt around with a priest than want to tempt you to sell your soul," laughed the demon with an unsubtle roll of his eyes. He had already come to terms with the fact he was a disappointment to his parents-- which was partly why he had left, outside of the whole post-teenage rebellion.

"I don't... want to create any issues. I want to have a place to stay a few weeks, and perhaps have one or two people to flirt around with now and then. I, unlike you, am sexual, and out of respect for you, I won't do anything under your roof. Can't you see I'm trying, Ivan?"​