"...You know, it's pretty sad that my husband, who happens to be a demon, is far kinder to me than you can be. I get that I'm rude sometimes, Ivan, but honestly, sometimes you can be a real bitch. You upset me far more than Makai ever has, surprisingly-- I get that this is all stressful and upsetting, but really, I went away because I'm not a child! People move away, Ivan, it happens," she muttered back quickly, her mouth twisted into an infuriated frown at her brother's words. She understood that he had a point, of course she did, but she didn't particularly think the bitterness behind them was useful.

"Just... here, take these with you," she sighed as she quietly wrapped the sandwiches in some tinfoil with what she hoped was a convincingly happy smile. "...Try and get the watch Makai wears back, would you? I bought that for him, and it cost, like, $40 I could really use right now."​

"Fine." He replied, while carefully taking the sandwich, despite wanting to make a big deal and storm out. He was bigger than that, he had to tell himself. Offering his own feigned smile, he offered a light wave before dropping the smile on the way, replacing it with a much more appropriate frown as he hopped into his car to drive towards the church, his stomach churning.

Once arriving, he reluctantly wandered into the church, checking what he now saw as daily damages. Sighing in disappointment at the mess, he inhaled hard and stormed into the church.

The state outside the church may have been incredibly messy, but inside, at least in comparison to yesterday, the mess had been vastly improved. The blood had been cleaned up, the pews straightened and polished and, even though the Bibles remained strewn about and pages laying about, there had been an attempt to at least push them all into one corner. Given neither demon could touch them, it had required a great deal of effort to pile them neatly together by using brooms.

The contrast between the two demons was to be expected. While Makai was lounged on a pew, with his feet rested up on another and tired, bored yawns escaping him every few seconds, Azaiah was leaning on the broom he found after finishing up with his dusting, having spent a good hour doing so. His sleeves were rolled up his his elbows, and his face flushed with a light red, both indicative of just how hard he had worked. While he wanted to say he had done it purely out of goodwill, there was a selfish motivation behind it all: he wanted to get back into Ivan's good books, and potentially be his friend again, especially if there was a chance to repeat the kiss from yesterday.

"Yo, Ivan! You came back-- are those for us?" Azaiah asked hungrily once spotting the sandwiches, resting back and unsubtly nudging Makai to get him to sit up. "I'm pretty hungry, Ivan, and those sandwiches smell great..."​

"... yeah, sure," he replied reluctantly, before offering the one half to Azaiah, and the other to Makai. He was silenced by the surprisingly clean church, and genuinely appreciated the pile of bibles in the corner. It was an attempt, at least.

"Thank you, really. You... you didn't have to clean this place up. I could do it myself, but that was like, three days of work. Why, though...?"

"Because he wants to have sex with you, it's pretty simple. Glad you came back, by the way. I was starting to miss you," drawled Makai as he made a grab for the sandwich with a murmur of 'thanks'. He was far too tired at the moment to even think about lying or charmingly teasing him, meaning that he did genuinely want to see Ivan, and that Azaiah did want to sleep with him-- though both those things had been made apparent at the diner the previous day anyway, so they were hardly revelations. "Why are you here, anyway? Am I that irresistible~?"

"He's... tired, ignore him. I wanted to show you I'm a good guy, alright? I'm not cruel or mean. I like you, you're pretty neat, and least I could do for deceiving you was clean this place up a little," explained the other demon as he cautiously took a seat beside Makai. "...You can't be too scared of me if you came back, which is a good sign, really... Oh! How's your sister? Did... you tell her?"

"Oh yeah, is she alright?" Makai asked with a sudden flash of sincerity, wiping his mouth and fixing his eyes onto Ivan. "...She didn't come with you? Guess she wants a divorce now, huh?"​

"She wants the watch back," Ivan replied almost instantly. He may not have had a good start to the day with his sister, but he was at least going to do what she wanted. "She's pissed. Very pissed. She... S-She actually believed me, which I wasn't expecting, though it's certainly nice. She also has no intentions of having children with you- which I'm glad, because I can only imagine what monsters they'd be. Is that the only reason you were with my sister? For fun and kids?"

"You know, you're very rude for a priest. I was with Laura because she was carefree and fun, and I needed that. Kids... I'm not too fussed on. Do I look like a man who wants a bunch of kids? It was an idea, to get my father off my back, but it's not too important. I'm immortal, Ivan. I can wait a few centuries if need be. Right now? I'm happy messing around up here with you adorable little humans- and watch? What watch?" The man continued, pushing Azaiah's legs off his lap to head across to Ivan, holding his hands up to at least show he wasn't intending to hurt him. In his hand was the watch Laura wanted back, though, in what was the first concrete piece of evidence that he wasn't human, it was set alight and held in his palm as it burnt into ashes. "I really don't know what watch you mean, Ivan. I haven't got a watch~

"You're such a smug asshole, aren't you? How hard is it to give her back a watch? You're so petty," sighed Azaiah, despite looking mostly at Ivan. "Hey, don't... freak out, come sit down! You can share the sandwich with me, if you want? Makai's being... Makai, it's best not to humour him..."​

"W-Why did you do that?!" He snapped, his eyes wide in a mix of horror and pure anger. With his fists clenched, he peered around before grabbing the bowl of holy water set outside of the main entrance hall of the church, more than ready to pour it on Makai, his face flushed. "Why must you be such a jerk?! D-Do you get your rocks off being mean to me and my family? And my friends? I already asked what you want me to do to get you out of here. I-I'm already going to be kicked out from the church because of you, the least you could do is leave me and my sister alone."

"...Right. Okay, I get that I pissed you off, but come on, you're not going to throw that water on me, so just... let's calm down and stop being irrational, shall we? It'd be the equivalent of me throwing acid in your face, just to put it in perspective, and I don't think you'd want to injure me that badly," he began slowly, a flash of genuine fear crossing his face at the sight of the holy water, holding his hands back up in surrender. "I'm sticking around because I like you, and I know you like me, so why would I just walk away, Ivan? We haven't kissed yet. It's my objective to get a kiss from you, and try and get you to realise that, hey, you have these thoughts, so you ought to act on them--"

"Makai! S-Shut up, would you? Look, we've... been idiots, we'll just leave now." Azaiah urged nervously, hurrying to his friend's side and trying to get him to shut up before he got injured, which seemed likely the more Makai obliviously chattered on.​

With shaky hands, he was near close to tossing the water on the other's face, though dropped the bowl in his own disgust. His whole point of living was to respect others, and forgive them for their sins. To be so angry towards two men, even if they were demons, was disgusting. So, in response, he rubbed his eyes wearily and pressed his palms together, briefly praying. Once finished, he looked away the two shamefully.

"I'm... sorry. Really. I shouldn't be acting like this... " he murmured.

"No, you shouldn't-- is it wrong of me to find it attractive? Listen, let's forget all the bad blood between us, can we? We keep going back and for with all this bickering, but let's be honest, we have a spark, don't we?" He purred under his breath, physically shoving away Azaiah and blocking him from view. He did cast his close friend as a threat, and while he had enjoyed seeing Ivan lose his dedication by kissing him, that didn't mean Makai completely liked it. He would much have preferred being the one kissed.

"How about you just quit being so boring and just... I don't know, live life a little bit?" He suggested, pressing his face in close with a growing smirk. "...Or do you want to kiss Azaiah again? Jeez, he's not that handsome. He has a good smile and a decent body, big deal."​

"I'm not going to do anything with my sister's husband. Even when she divorces you, I still won't kiss you." He replied easily, his anger changing to genuine confusion on just why the other was so persistent. "I already kissed Azaiah, why are you so insistent that I kiss you? Azaiah is a good person, you're a scumbag. Just... drop it, will you?" He grumbled,

"...Fine. Let's see how long you can last without me, because I think you'll be running back here in a week to see me, to be honest. Not that I'll be here. I'll just disappear, then," challenged Makai with a suddenly stern glare, his lips twisting into that angry scowl. He wasn't used to rejection, after all, and while he wanted to pursue the other even more, the constant rejection was starting to grate on him. "Come on, Azaiah. We're not really wanted, are we? I'll... take you somewhere new, hm? Want to go to Italy?"

"I mean... we really should get you home, Makai..." Azaiah nervously smiled, even if the talk of going somewhere private with Makai was his dream come true. He would have been just as happy to stay in Georgia, even if that meant sleeping in the uncomfortable church, but Ivan really wasn't happy about that, so what other choice did they have but to leave? "You, uh... sure you don't wanna come with us, Ivan? It's a longshot, but... it'd be great to hang out with you somewhere new! I... really like you and Makai, it'd be cool to hang out altogether, right?"​

"... You can't just disappear, Makai. You need to, at the very least, apologize to my sister and get a proper divorce." He replied, his reaction to the snarl being a simple frown. "You can be rude to me all you want, but I want you to at least leave Laura on a well established ground. And... Azaiah, do you really need to leave with him?" He asked quietly, a genuine sense of abandonment at the whole situation. He may have only known Azaiah for a few days, but the loneliness that came with being a priest helped him cling to the emotional connection.

"You don't want me to leave? Really? I... I don't have to go with him, I can totally stay here," babbled Azaiah excitedly, his eyes suddenly lighting up in excitement at the suggestion that Ivan, despite all he had learnt, still wanted him around. He wasn't used to being wanted by anyone. Makai wanted him to travel with, that was true, but he also knew what Makai was like. He would inevitably end whatever commitment he promised and flirt with the cutest human he came across, while Azaiah was expected to sit on the sidelines. At least Ivan respected him enough to listen to him chat, however mundane the topic. "You know, I'll even lend a hand here, in church. I can't hand out Bibles and stuff, but I can still sit in on sermons and held people and... do my bit--"

"He's coming with me, you aren't taking my best friend from me. I... I will personally drag you down to Hell if you annoy me one more time, Ivan. Azaiah's my friend, so fuck off and find your own." Makai suddenly hissed, his fists clenched jealously at his sides, though his face did embody pure anger. It was one thing watching them kiss, but the idea of Azaiah being allowed to stay while he was being asked to leave was about as much as he could take. "...Let's go home, huh Azaiah? We'll bring Ivan with us. He seems to think I'm a pushover, that he can order me around-- let's take you on a nice vacation, Ivan~! I mean, it'll probably kill you, but hey, you're going to end up in Hell either way."​

"I don't understand what you mean," the priest admitted, while his hand immediately reached for the cross around his neck. "I don't know how you intend to do that, b-but my Lord is forgiving, a-and I'm sure he'd forgive me for what I've done. I've thought long and hard about how I've sinned, a-and... I don't believe you. I don't think I'm going to Hell, Makai. I can't. I have to protect my town and my family, and I can't have you getting in the way."

"What's not to understand? Honestly, are you stupid or just acting it to appear cute? Either way, it's fucking me off. I want to stay, Ivan. I want to eventually get through that thick skull of yours that you ought to just kiss me and get all this sexual tension out the way, do what you desire and all. If you're going to ignore me and choose Azaiah, I'll just drag you to Hell and watch you lose your mind. It's just as fun as having sex with you would be-"

"He's bluffing, relax. He can't take humans home, even he knows that. Neat try, dummy-- now, Ivan, can I come stay at your place? I'd love a nice bath after working hard through the night," babbled Azaiah casually, tugging on his light jacket and shoving the broom towards Makai with a rare show of confidence. "...Just don't touch me with that cross, is all I ask. Don't really want a cross-sized burn on me."​

Ivan had read the Bible back to back a solid five times, so he was well aware of it's depiction of Hell. It was one of the things that genuinely scared him, the thought of the loud screams and eternal pain causing him to visibly shudder. It wasn't until Azaiah spoke up that he lifted his head, his eyes locking on said man with a thankful smile.

"If you talk to my sister, I'll kiss you. I think that's a fair trade off,huh?" He offered slowly, though had no intentions for aanything BUT the kiss.

"Why do I need to talk to Laura? Do you want me upsetting her, because that's what will end up happening, you know. I'll say something she won't like, she'll burst into tears and you'll blame me, even though you're the one setting this up. But hey, it gets me a kiss, so course I'll see her," said Makai happily, his brief show of anger fading instantly at the apparent promise of a kiss. His arm may have subtly slid back around Azaiah, but he only really wanted to kiss Ivan at the moment. One kiss, he hoped, would lead to a few more and eventually culminate in the priest sleeping with him. Was it a long-shot? Sure, but he tended to get what he wanted, and currently, he wanted Ivan to realise that they had a spark, however masked it was by fear and hatred.

Wrapping his arms around himself, he shot another wary glance towards Azaiah, before beckoning them into his car. He wanted to get the whole thing over with, after all, and he was definitely not going to kiss the man before Makai did what he wanted him to. In all honesty, he held no trust towards the man in that sense.

"Come on, let's make this quick. You two need to talk and figure your problems out, it ain't my problem," he murmured with his southern drawl.