Between Loyalty and Love

Kegan squeezed Maidah's hand gently. "This is Maidah. He is the missing Water Spirit. The King of the East had been keeping him in slavery. He wants to help me with your field, if that's alright," he smiled at the farmer.

"Oh that's perfectly fine with me! I'm surprised it's a feline, their breed are a fussy lot about their water." He joked as he lead them around to his three acres of fields.

"I'm a tiger... we like water." Maidah mumbled, blushing a little and shying away for a moment before his curiosity begged him to look around, ears swilveling this way and that to catch the sounds, mouth opening slightly to scent the air.

Kegan chuckled and looked back at Maidah, offering him a friendly gesture that he should follow him. The Fire Spirit followed the farmer to his fields. "Maidah, would you like to sprinkle some water on the edges of the field, so the fire is least likely to spread," he asked the tiger, looking back at him.

Maidah nodded and glanced at the edge in front of him, furrowing his brow in concentration and tongue pushing out from between his lips as he concentrated on the feeling of the water in the air, taking a deep breath and pulling up the water buried deep under ground to cause the top layer to become more muddy, looking a bit weary from doing just that but smiled when he saw it worked. "I-I did it!" He cheered, tail flicking as a purr rumbled in his throat.

Kegan smiled proudly at him. "You did a wonderful job. Thank you," he told the tiger and turned his gaze to the field. Stepping onto it, he let the flames inside him show around his body. Almost immediately, did the crops begin to catch, and the Fire wolf ran through the field to burn the old stalks. The air was soon filled with black smoke, and Kegan emerged from the smoke and flames unharmed with a smile. "We'll stay to make sure it doesn't spread."

Maidah beamed, smiling and purring as he watched the crops burn, focussing on making sure the water wasn't evaporated to allow the fire to spread after a few moments of relaxing, ears drooping as he pushed at his connecition with the water, finding it very tiresome, as he'd never worked with water on such a large scale.