Between Loyalty and Love

The wolf smiled and ruffled the little boy's hair. "Of course I can make it today. I'll even bring a friend or two," he said cheerfully.

"Okay!" HE said with a giggle. "I'll go let papa know!" He turned and scampered off, tail wagging happily and a few passerby waved or bowed respectfully at Kegan with a smile.

"See you later," he chuckled, watching him run off. He smiled and waved happily to the passers by and closed the door. He smiled, seeing Maidah and Terra already up. "Good morning," he was in a cheerful mood today.

Maidah perked. "Good morning Kegan." The red head said with a smile. "Did you sleep good?"

"I did, thank you. Did you, you're ..wet," he noticed, walking up to him and looking at him curiously.

Terra blinked. "Oh, that reminds me! Be right back," she said, dashing upstairs to get the wet sheets to put them outside to dry.

Maidah blushed lightly. "I get wet when I have bad dreams..." He mumbled and stared down at his feet.

"Had a bad dream, huh?" He sat down next to him. "Are you alright," the wolf asked, looking at him with caring curiosity.

He nodded slowly. "I have bad dreams a lot, I'm used to it." He murmured, ears twitching at the sounds of movement and shouting of the market outside their home.

He hugged him in a one-arm hug. "You're safe," he told him softly. "Terra and I will be here as long as you want us."

Terra came back in from hanging the sheets. "Sure will," she confirmed, hugging the tiger as well.

Maidah smiled brightly, tail wrapping around Kegan's leg in a caring way of showing affection and purred happily.

Kegan blushed, but smiled. "Would you like to go with me to help a friend after lunch," he asked the tiger.

Terra slipped her arms from around Maidah and went back to finish breakfast.

Maidah perked and nodded. "I like your friends Kegan." He said with a smile, striped tail slowly uncurling in a caressing manner.

Kegan blushed a little more. "They're great. You'll like them," he smiled at him.

"Can I go outside?" Maidah asked as his tail finished uncurling, purring softly still.

[OOC: Sorry, in class taking notes ^^']

"Sure you can," he smiled. He thanked Terra as she sat a plate in front of him. "Do you want to go out by yourself or wait for one of us? Up to you," he said with a cheerful smile.

"I'll go now. I'll be back in a little while." He said with a smile and moved to the front door, tugging up the pants a little to keep them from falling down.

"Just ask anyone for Kegen's house if you get lost," Terra called after him. Kegen would have answered, but his mouth was full of food.

"Okay!" Maidah called, sniffing at the air as he walked about in the sunshine, ears swiveling this way and that in cub-like curiosity. He'd never been in a city quite like this one. It was so full of life and sound... He stared around, a bounce in his step and an innocent, playful air all about him, his short stature making him seem more like a cub then the young adult he was.

Terra at her breakfast, glancing over at Kegan every now and again. Downing his milk, he wiped his muzzle. "Why do you keep looking at me?"

"Oh, nothing," she said, sipping her tea. "Maidah seems to like you," she said softly.

"I saved him from his asshole of a slave," he pointed out.

Maidah sniffed and the froze, eyelids drooping slightly at the intoxicating smell he caught on the breeze and scampered towards it, ears pricked and tail flicking slightly as he wandered through the city full of breeds he'd never seen, a little confused as to the lack of feline population, although his old kingdom had only a few as well. That smell dragged him from his thoughts as he continued along, finding the end of the scent trail which stopped at a patch of odd looking plants, he crouched down and sniffed, purring loudly and stretching out on it, rolling in it and giggling. He really enjoyed this smell....