3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
The best kind of busy is when you have a lot of making art to do, amirite?

/continues happily storyboarding

Man, when I'm writing I never feel busy. I couldn't imagine doing creative stuff for a living; I'd hate for it to ever feel like a job.

Man, when I'm writing I never feel busy. I couldn't imagine doing creative stuff for a living; I'd hate for it to ever feel like a job.

That's precisely why it's ideal to have a career doing something you love, though. If you enjoy doing something, then it wouldn't feel like a chore. :P

Well, in theory. If you're being paid to do something, you no longer have the leisure of just not doing it when you're not totally feeling it. I mean, I love programming, and I have a job doing it, but that's because I don't mind doing it every day. Writing is different; I only write when I'm motivated or have an idea, and I can go for long stretches without doing any writing or roleplaying at all. I'd hate being forced to do it more often because people expect results by a certain time, or because I need to pick up the pace to get paid enough to get by.

Well, in theory. If you're being paid to do something, you no longer have the leisure of just not doing it when you're not totally feeling it. I mean, I love programming, and I have a job doing it, but that's because I don't mind doing it every day. Writing is different; I only write when I'm motivated or have an idea, and I can go for long stretches without doing any writing or roleplaying at all. I'd hate being forced to do it more often because people expect results by a certain time, or because I need to pick up the pace to get paid enough to get by.

Mmm, I get what you're saying now. Yeah, that's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.