Best Disney Songs

C

Cpt Toellner

Original poster
The other thread about childhood movies put me into a Disney song marathon on Youtube.

So I wonder, what are your favorites? And why? I can think of so many good ones already, I want to see what you guys think.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I have far too many favorites, since I have very many memorized. My boyfriend gets the pleasure of hearing my Disney mmedleys every once in a while. I'm quite good at it now. Name a movie, and I can sing you about 3 songs from it (sometimes more, sometimes less). It's terrible. I love it.

If I had to narrow it down to songs that give me chills:
Savages - Pocahontas (Specifically the second Part)

The final song in The Lion King

I could listen to those two songs for a lifetime. I'm getting chills now just thinking about them, lol. I think it's because of the intense emotion around them all. With Pocahontas it's anger and hate. And then with Lion King, it's rebirth and freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Pretty much the only Disney song I still care about. Because gosh damn, makes me wanna be a man. So nice for running with.

Mine would be:

I'll Make a man out of you
Poor Unfortunate souls
The Homeward Bound Soundtrack

Pretty much every emotion ever packed into a cartoon song.

• Love
Now I'm on a Disney music binge. Thank you, Toellner.

Let's see... Gotta put in a perennial favorite of mine. Still gets stuck in my head to this day... and I'm one of those odd people who actually liked this movie's soundtrack:

Also really love Hellfire from Hunchback in terms of a villain song. Incorporating songs from the Catholic mass into that song just made the guilt that much better, heh:

I would argue for For the First Time in Forever (Reprise) from Frozen, but that's only because I love counterpoint duets and Disney's sort of lacking in that department.

Let's see... Gotta put in a perennial favorite of mine. Still gets stuck in my head to this day... and I'm one of those odd people who actually liked this movie's soundtrack:

Also really love Hellfire from Hunchback in terms of a villain song. Incorporating songs from the Catholic mass into that song just made the guilt that much better, heh:

I would argue for For the First Time in Forever (Reprise) from Frozen, but that's only because I love counterpoint duets and Disney's sort of lacking in that department.
Those two were almost on my list. But I didn't even list my dream wedding song on my list, so... xD

Agreed on Hellfire.

Perhaps one of the best villains in Disney history. Mainly because he's not acting for power, or glory, nor is he even particularly reveling in his own evil. He's acting purely, absolutely, on insane obsession. Pure, facile evil. He's so twisted he doesn't even realize just how evil he is in what it is he desires, he blames his sexually craven urges upon Satan ("He made the Devil so much stronger than a man"), even on Esmeralda herself. He looks down on the common man as a "common, vulgar, weak, licentious crowd" and is ironically projecting himself onto them. He wears the veil of a sophisticated, intelligent priest, but at the end he's just a morally impaired madman who wants to murder-rape a Gypsie, and is willing to burn down all of Paris if it means he would get his hands on her.

And the killer part is he would, too. Without a hint of regret, hesitation, or care. Most Disney villains at least hold a shred of humanity in them, like Scar promising food to the Hyenas, or Gaston being goddamn hilarious, but Frollo? Nope. Pure evil. One of the few examples of it too.

I like a lot of the villain songs.

Be Prepared from The Lion King
Gaston from Beauty and the Beast
Poor Unfortunate Souls from The Little Mermaid
Mother Knows Best from Tangled
Savages from Pocahontas

Reactions: Brovo
... *drags out my list of Disney movies and starts flipping through them*

My Lullaby - Lion King 2
Be Prepared - Lion King
Hellfire - Hunchback of Notredame
Poor Unfortunate Souls - The Little Mermaid
Mother Knows Best - Tangled
Won't Say I'm in Love - Hercules
You'll Be In my Heart - Tarzan
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride - Lilo and Stitch
Savages - Pocahontas

Just the ones that really stuck out to me and I adored. <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorick
Gaston is a close second, but Be Our Guest takes the cake for me.

Shout out for no one mentioning Frozen yet. I'm glad we've all Let It Go.

I always loved that song. 9

love both of these:

And this:

What? Disney owns Marvel. Therefore, this is a Disney song from a Disney (owned) movie.

Yes.

I went there.

You will now give me likes.

• Love
Reactions: daird