Central Mountain Time (USA) Sat/Sun/Mon: Open anytime
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Anything
Tell me something you'll never forget about a role play you've experience, can be on Iwaku on another site, D&D, whatever.

I want to know what has been one of the best top five or more times you had a scene where you just had a blast or maybe a let down, or maybe just something funny you went through and maybe will never forget? Feel free to post your examples, or discuss why they were such a big deal to you. I want to know what kind of fun role plays have been done! show me your best and worst times in role play!!

I think the biggest blast I've ever had in over a decade of forum RPing was here on Iwaku years ago. I'm usually really bad with huge group RPs, but the best experience I had was in one. It was a time travel arc that had part of the cast thrown back in time to an alternate prohibition era US. Combining anime hijinks with that era was super cool, and I've kind of lowkey been trying to recreate that experience since.

Worst RP moments probably aren't as memorable... Probably the times I made a character that I couldn't get into the mindset of and had to drop the RP because of it.

• Love
Reactions: XIII
Worst RP I ever had (or at lest the worst I remember) was this fellow on F-List (no surprise on that^^)
They was bend on this idea of godmodding/marysue me or the the scene...

it was ment (as agreeded on before the RP) this PoW kind of scenario where their char ends up captured and taken to my char's people... well... not happening. Every post was how awesome the other char was and how s much more skilled in EVERYTHING. I tried my very best to go along with some fighting before the capture (even so we had agreed on not to drag that out so much)... but in the end my only option would have been to godmod/rairoad the scene with a shit-pst like "/me disarms him and takes capture" and with that lowering myself to his level of play...

boring story short: I told them that I don't enjoy the play and that it wasn't what we had agreed on and we can either start new or just drop it.. they got salty and butthurt, threw a few insults and ended up on my block/ignore list :3

addendum:

Of course there where countless moments where I ... *cough* ... politely declined the offer to play :3

Last edited:
Best thing ever: my character Francis Leopold Von Karma. A half orc inquisitor in Pathfinder who followed a goddess of beauty. Raised by an elf he though was the most beautiful woman he became determined to tell people he was human. A near master of disguise with an "odd" fear of swimming he always filed his tusks and teeth to look normal and wears makeup. He insists he's just a really tall human at 7 foot tall. Everyone lived his character concept. He's my precious boy.

One of the worst rps I ever had was this person asking about all my triggers so they knew what to avoid, saying 'Ok, got it', then proceeding to write a post where they godmodded my character into being hit by every single trigger I mentioned. I blocked them instantly but even trying to read that post at first made me so ill. Trolls like that are why I get nervous interacting with new people 😔

One of the worst rps I ever had was this person asking about all my triggers so they knew what to avoid, saying 'Ok, got it', then proceeding to write a post where they godmodded my character into being hit by every single trigger I mentioned.

Sounds like the usual encounter on F-List :P

As a non English native speaker and writer who started roleplaying in English rather young (13/14 y/o) (idk even if there are any rp sites in my native language even, lol) my worst experience was this one roleplayer who started to tear into me about my spelling and grammar. It was terrible, I will give them that, but they could have been a lot nicer about it in general. Ended up quitting for a while and switched over to email rp until I had the confidence again to go back to forums. 😂

My best RP experience actually came from the time I took that break and went private in emails. I grew a lot as a writer and as a roleplayer, but also as a person. My partners were patient and often didn't have English as their first language either, but we learnt and after a good while and through their encouragement I actually felt confident enough to return to the forums.

My absolute BEST and FAVORITE experience I can't tell you in detail because it's spoilers for me and Oz's webnovel. 😂 All I can say is that he actually managed to surprise me with such a OMG TWIST that I screamed. It was well worth the years it took to get to that point in the story! In fact that whole thing is one of my top favorite rps of all time and combines all of my fav things about roleplaying.

My "worst" experience with RPing has always just been people who either didn't read what my wants/requests are in my resume OR just completely ignored them in favor of just doing whatever they wanted to do and attempting to trick me into it. >:/ "We should double characters so we can both play the girl" people usually end up only playing their girl and I end up not getting to play what I wanted to play. D: Or if I do a redstar roleplay, some people just wanna go straight to the smut writing and only the smut writing. And without actual plot/character development, smut is pointless for me!

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: PaulaVonMalotki
The RP that sucked pretty bad was short. I was kind of intrigued by the plot given to me, and was searching for a smut driven RP at the time, but it ended very badly. It was an anthro furry RP, where my partner practically made a self-insert. They kept making characters for me, and at times controlling my characters. They also tried to get me to view 18+ content, which made me uncomfortable. Then when I went inactive to participate in school, they sent me a private message getting all angry on how I wasn’t replying. Few hours later I reported them, ignored them, and then found out a week later they were banned. (This was all on Iwaku.) Huge relief once I found that out.

I don’t really have a best experience through RP, most of the others have been really good to me! I’m enjoying them currently, and there are too many moments to choose from! <3

Setting aside some group RP horror stories, some of my best and worst RP moments were on RPN way back when I first started RPing.

My favourite was probably getting to play a cool demigod child of Ares in a PJO RP where everybody got to be super OP, which can honestly be really fun sometimes! She cursed Hades so that the dead would harass him once a year.

My biggest "oh no" was I wrote a character experiencing sudden pain bc somehow the bad guys managed to mentally link with her. But I used "poison" as a metaphor for how it felt, and everyone started responding as if she'd actually been poisoned. I was too embarrassed to correct them. XD