Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
  6. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Mecha, Furry, Anthro, Horror, Historical, everything really.
Hey all! Feel free to fill out the form below about your faves and hates! ;3

Best Anime #1:
Why:
Best Character in Show:
Why:
Worst Character in Show:
Why:
Love the Ending, yes or no?

Best Anime #2:
Why:
Best Character in Show:
Why:
Worst Character in Show:
Why:

Best Anime #3:
Why:
Best Character in Show:
Why:
Worst Character in Show:
Why:

Worst Anime #1:
Why:
Best Character in Show:
Why:
Worst Character in Show:
Why:

Worst Anime #2:
Why:
Best Character in Show:
Why:
Worst Character in Show:
Why:

Worst Anime #3:
Why:
Best Character in Show:
Why:
Worst Character in Show:
Why:

Best Anime #1: Hakuoki
Why: Hakuoki is probably what introduced me to historical fantasy anime, and also the reason I also watched shows like Nobunaga Concerto. It's an otome game adaptation, which unfortunately are usually really shit, but Hakuoki is actually one of the good ones because it doesn't focus much on the romance and instead on the conflict.
Best Character in Show: Okita Souji
Why: Excuse me, have you seen him he is a total ikemen. Also his backstory is touching and deeper than one would think. His whole story is touching and he broke my heart. @Hana cried with me.
Worst Character in Show: Nagumo Kaoru
Why: Fucking, stupidest, nonsensical villain I have ever seen in my goddamn life. He can go stuff a katana up his backside >:c
Love the Ending, yes or no? The ending was very vague and no, I didn't like it. But I liked the movie version's ending more.

Best Anime #2: Hataraku Maou-sama
Why: Amusing anime with lots of laughs. I like the idea of a demon lord suddenly working at MacDonalds :P. The first episode was very good because we got to see 'otherworldly' characters try to survive in the human world.
Best Character in Show: Maou Sadao
Why: He's Satan who works at MacDonalds. What's not to like? Also pretty badass. And love the interactions with the main female. c:
Worst Character in Show: Mitsuki Sarue
Why: Pervert, lost lamb of an angel. Nope. God would not want this.
Love the Ending, yes or no? It was okay. It has that 'to be continued' theme most anime have.

Best Anime #3: Magi: Kingdom of Magic / Labyrinth of Magic
Why: One of the animes that explain and use magic very well. Very unique Arabian theme, lots of nice mythology and worldbuilding and the characters and story are just beautiful ; _ ; Even the villains and the nasty bitches.
Best Character in Show: Morgiana
Why: Least annoying. Very serious, badass and kind of innocent and cute. Uguu.
Worst Character in Show: Cassim.
Why: He's just really annoying. A really weak villain to be honest. Too much angst for me.
Love the Ending, yes or no? Again, very 'to be continued' theme. Not that I mind.

Worst Anime #1: DIABOLIK WIFEBEATERS LOVERS
Why: Some super weird Japanese anime where you are constantly abused by creepy pervert vampires that want to make love to you on a church altar or some shit and super horny can't even stop themselves from sucking your blood. I haven't even finished this because it's just so hard to watch. Seriously is this what you want in a relationship. The fandom loves abusive relationships.
Best Character in Show: No one. If I had to choose it would be Subaru.
Why: Subaru is the most tolerable and moral one. But he still likes to break stuff.
Worst Character in Show: Ayato
Why: Don't even get me started on this motherfucker. This guy is honestly the most possessive idiot in the entire show who tries to be a bad boy and ends up looking like a massive douche. He's very pushy and super rapey and I don't care if he has a traumatizing backstory or something but that doesn't excuse you throwing the main girl into a pool because she was looking at the stars 'and not you'.
Love the Ending, yes or no? Didn't even see it, rofl.

Worst Anime #2: Makura no Danshi (Pillow Boys)
Why: It's... just body pillows animated form. Really.
Best Character in Show: Eiji Kijinami
Why: The only one I could tolerate. Kind of cute backstory going on.
Worst Character in Show: The Chigiri twins, Enokawa Haruto and Merry.
Why: The Chigiri twins are definitely possessed by some shit. They are so rapey they belong in Diabolik Wifebeaters. Haruto is a 'hot 5-year old', you can see what is wrong with that. And Merry is just... no.
Love the Ending, yes or no? There is no ending to my suffering.

Worst Anime #3: Uta no Prince-sama series.
Why: I don't even know why I was into this series but now I can't tolerate it anymore. The first season was decent (really good to my 12 year old self or something) but everything after just makes no sense. How do you even extend an otome game with legit no plot??
Best Character in Show: Syo
Why: Because Syo is a cute genki bishounen.
Worst Character in Show: Everyone else.
Why: Fuck this series.
Love the Ending, yes or no? The first season ending was okay, it's an anime about idols so of course it ends with a debut. But I haven't seen anything after that and I never will.

Reactions: Isho13 and Hana
I'm going to be forced to be brief here in an attempt to answer the questions without using spoilers.

Best Anime #1: Fate Zero
Why: It deliever's in every department. Animation, voicing acting (Sub), writing, character development, story. It's my default anime to suggest people when they ask to get introduced to it because it helps start them off with a bang.
Best Character in Show: Tricky, but I would have to say Kiritsugu.
Why: Out of every character in the show he's the one to use his brain the most and pulls off being someone the audience can emphasize with while still simultaneously doing pretty bad stuff but also not being a bad guy. Though Iskander (Rider) & Artoria (Saber) are both outright amazing as well. Well, most of the cast is but I can't make every other character 2nd place.
Worst Character in Show: Emiya. (Does that count? He technically appears in Fate Zero. If not then Kayneth Archiblad El-Melloi)
Why: Emiya more just makes a cameo in Zero, but in Fate Stay/Night he's the total opposite of Kiritsugu. Being very predictable, and always following the "I'm a hero!" ideal even if doing so is completely suicidal. Even that doesn't count though, then Kayneth (who is still a good character) because he's overly arrogant. He relies on the fact that he's a Mage to hand him victory on a silver platter, despite the fact there are other mages involved who are taking things very seriously.
Dramatic Face-Off's between the remaining Servants and Masters? Surprise ending (if you don't watch Stay/Night first) with proper Arc developments for most of the characters simultaneously? I don't think much better endings can be executed.

Best Anime #2: Clannad - After Story*
Why: The Feels!
Best Character in Show: Tomoyo if you're looking for a more serious character, Fuko if you want silly stuff (warning this link is a mini-spoiler). *IF* we're going all of Clannad, since After Story is technically an expansion/later season of the show. If we're kept to just Afterstory though, I had to default of Tomoya (No I didn't typo Tomoyo).
Why: Tomoyo because every scene has her doing something bad ass without making it look like it's trying too hard, while also being a very calm and collected character. Fuko because every scene is just filled with comedy gold. Tomoya because he's the one After Story follows almost exclusively, so there really isn't any other options.
Worst Character in Show: This may be Blasphemy to Clannad fans, but Nagisa.
Why: Her routine just get's rather repetitive after a point, likes Dango's, get's shy, follows lead. Like's Dango's, get's shy, follows lead. She doesn't really ever grow much other than once in the while speaking up to someone. She was a solid character, but unlike others I just didn't see much development or growth so while I was invested where others were going I kind of left her to the side cause I knew it was going to be the same thing.
The End-Ending was a bit of a "Happily ever after" cop-out (though to be fair, they build it up since Episode 1 of Clannad). But the majority of the Ending got across exactly what makes the Anime so well known, it takes all the time you spent being invested in the characters and then uses all of that investment to hit you with feels so hard that Veterans who claim not to cry in war have claimed to cry at this ending (Granted, claimed through YouTube comments).

*You NEED to see Clannad first for After Story to have much effect on you, and Clannad itself is what I'd rate a decent anime but nothing phenomenal.

Best Anime #3: Log Horizon
Why: A premise I outright love from being a Gamer, being trapped in an MMO and having to find a way out. But they execute on how such an MMO would work in such a scenario in a very creative manner, and know the perfect blend of serious moments and silly moments. As well as knowing when to still make the silly bits important and not have it be filler.
Best Character in Show: Shiroe.
Why: He's the brains of almost everything complicated in the show, may it be MMO battle tactics, how to do a proper Raid, how to manipulate the MMO's economic system for player growth, the diplomatic relations between players and NPC's etc.
Worst Character in Show: Nureha
Why: Admittedly we haven't seen much of her yet. But what was shown so far basically seems to make her some kind of furry who lacks self-respect and is utterly dependent on Shiroe (someone she hasn't really seen for years save for one case). Not really anything to get invested in yet.
The Ending of Season 2 was ok, but it wasn't the ending of the Anime as they're still making Season 3 to my knowledge.

Worst Anime #1: Sword Art Online
Why: Imagine Log Horizon, rip of all the creativity and complexity of how such a world works, and replace it with poor fan-fiction quality writing. Which shows the most in the anime's romance, all the fan service scenes & shots in season 2, complete jumps in logic at certain key situations (one get's them out of the MMO, another involving finding a kids parents) and a main character who lack anything to actually show he's a good person so the writers make sure everyone keeps calling him good in an attempt to make the audience believe it.
Best Character in Show: Kayaba Akihiko
Why: As the main and elusive villain may have been blessed with limited Screen time. But he was the only character that I found could be taken seriously and actually seemed to be putting much thought behind his actions, even if he made some mistakes.
Worst Character in Show: Nobuyuki Sugou
Why: The Villain to fellow Kayaba, he was in blunt terms a murderous child molestor who had a huge power complex over control of an MMO, and had zero redeeming qualities.
Season 1 used a complete jump in logic to bring you the ending out of the blue without warning (unless if you're streaming and tracking the episode numbers) as well as a cop-out for the main characters to cover their idiotic reactions. Season 2 felt like how a poor fan-fiction and/or forum RP would end between two teenagers who just learned the concept of sex and using rapists as characters.

Worst Anime #2: Garzey's Wing
Why: Huh? What is this now? Anime Poor Writing and Rushed Plot? Dear God! I am running from Army of shit anime now! These people have no personality, it is suck! (Yes, the writing is like that. If not worse).
Best Character in Show: (Is it bad I can't even find a reference page to connect faces to names?). Basically the starting villain egyptian looking dude.
Why: For no reason than he get's off his horse by flipping it over. The animation for it is awful, silly, and hilarious. XD
Worst Character in Show: The Main Character
Why: Because all the characters are painful to listen to, but at least their lines are usually limited so you got variety. This guy is consistent.
Yes, when it ended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isho13
Best Anime #1: Fate/Zero
Why: Clever writing with even cleverer strategies, a rutheless death game where everyone is doing a damn good job at outsmarting each other, and Saber shows up a lot (and looking hella hot while rockin' the androgyny)
Best Character in Show: Kiritsugu Emiya
Why: He's Anime!Batman, that's why. You don't mess with the Goddamn Batman. A close second is Broskander, because he is a bro.
Worst Character in Show: Waver Velvet
Why: Because he's a pussy.
Love the Ending: No, because it felt rushed and contrived...however, it is a prequel, therefore it had to be contrived to lead into the (less awesome) main series, Fate/Stay Night. Alas, the ending is what made this Amazing Show go down a notch. However, I did cry when they recreated the Kiritsugu/Shirou scene on the patio; those of us who saw Stay Night first simply saw that scene from Shirou's point of view as a piece of backstory. Now we see it again from Kiritsugu's point of view, with full knowledge of the events of Stay Night and Zero and now knowing the full story. It was man-tears inducing.

Worst Anime #1: Sword Art Online Season 1, second half (the Alfheim Arc)
Why: Killed any tension because there is no death game. Killed any tension because, even though he is on a 6-day time limit, Kirito spends most of the arc dicking around instead of beelining it to save Asuna. Also, it sucked because Asuna wasn't doing anything. And Sinon wasn't introduced yet. And while I liked Suguha for generally being bad ass, I'm not as big a fan of the sis/cousin-cest.
Best Character in Show: Asuna.
Why: Though she does jack shit in Alfheim Arc, she is still the only good thing about Season 1. And thing Sinon came along and made her obsolete. Sinon = my new source of fapping.
Worst Character in Show: That dick trying to rape Asuna and was a girly looking faerie in the game. I forgot the fucker's name because that would require work.
Why: Because he's a fucking borderline rapist, a nutjob, and a pussy all wrapped into one. If he's both a nutjob and a pussy, guess he's got enough reproductive organs to be a hermaphrodite?
Love the Ending: Yes. Because this shitstorm of offensiveness and boring finally ended. Now make way for mai waifu, Sinon. And her ass that don't quit.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
@Sen
I do love how they did the anime adaption of Hakuouki! I've been playing the games for a while and was quite impressed! And yes, Okita... Is the best! Magi is super fun, too!

I'm sad to here Diabolik Lovers isn't as good as Hakuouki. D= Sad times! And wow... The Pillow Boys sounds... Absolutely... Riveting...

@Gwazi Magnum
Yessss, Fate/Zero is amazing all around! And I would consider Emmiya as an answer. XD But Kayneth was so... Argh, too! I loved the Fate/Zero ending. :3 I accidentally learned about Clannad AFter Story before knowing anything about the original. :X But I still wanna see/play both!

I need to see Log Horizon! :3

@Razilin
Lol! Waver is a... Total coward, but I do like how he admits it. XD Poor Rider... I also wish SAO had done more with its material. And character death is very important! That's why Fate makes you feel... So much... <3

Greatest anime of all time.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo and Windsong
Best: Cowboy Bebop. Call it a bit of nostalgia at being blown away by it because it came out when I was nearing ten, but shit, I re-watched it with my wife (her first time seeing it) and still couldn't get over how giddy I felt at remembering some of the scenes. Also, run-on sentences apparently.

Worst: Aw fuck I gotta pick and potentially upset some fandom nerd? Nuts.

I can't pick. They were so bad to drop them at the first episode and then never remember.

@Razilin

We both picked the same best and worst animes. AND agreed on Fates best character, and SAO's worst character. XD
Though in regards to Waver, he is a wimp I'll agree. But at least they made that something from him to grow around. :P

@YuriLucien

Do you actually know the After Story ending, or just know about it generally?
And Emiya (technically should be calling him Shiro, since Emiya can also be Kiritsugu XD) I find the main source of dissapoint is knowing just who raised him, and what we're lacking as a result. ;A;
Like, I get the whole Kiritsugu regret's his choices and Shiro is trying to be what his father couldn't... But you can still do that while using your head. >.<

Reactions: Razilin
Best Anime: Noein
Why: ogodwheredoistart. It's a series that brings so much together and most of it you will just miss because you're too absorbed in he characters and aesthetic. It's impossible to describe this properly without being spoilerific, but it deals with elements like courage and acceptance in ways that feel genuinely real. On top of also having a ton of fantastic action. It knows when to be quiet, it knows when to throw off the breaks. It's just, great.
Best Character in Show: Isami.
Why: He's kind of a class clown and amusing as that may be, there's so much going on underneath that. There's the way he makes do with certain problems in a way that demands so much respect for the younger character he is. Again I hate to limit it to this because spoilers will absolutely ruin this show, but he showcases some rarely highlighted strengths of character, which are only amplified when you consider his weaknesses.
Worst Character in Show: Yū in the first few episodes.
Why: Because he initially surrenders himself to his emotions and environment and as crucial to his character and development that may be, it can be quite frustrating to watch. Prepare for a fit of GODDAMMIT SHINJI moments.
Love the Ending, yes or no? I liked the ending.

Honourable mentions go to, Baccano!, Birdy the Might: Decode and Space Dandy. I'd write them in full but I have work to do.

Also here's some +1s

Best Anime #1: Fate/Zero
Best Anime #1: Fate Zero
+1. Great show, lots of tension, but really great pacing, characters and short breaks to carry it all. Also if animation could make you high this show would be fucking heroine.

Best: Cowboy Bebop.
Greatest anime of all time.
+1. Nothing I can say hasn't already been said about this. It's smooth, it's badass, it's comical and entertaining and houses a dark story without cutting itself on it's own edge. Also that soundtrack.

Also I don't watch bad shows much I kinda drop them when they start to bore me.

I'm not doing worst anime because I don't watch far in anime I don't like so its not a fair judgement on my part.

Best Anime #1: The Slayers
Why: I wasn't completely sold on it until second season, but the characters really grew on me over time. The plots are fun, as are the characters.
Best Character in Show: Xellos
Why: I have the tendency to like side characters more than main characters so he was an instant love. I also like it when characters are not black and white morally. He works for another entity not shown in the show and does things in the best interest of this mysterious master. Sometimes this goes against the rest of the party and sometimes he is completely on their side. The beauty of it is you never know.
Worst Character in Show: Uh, the random henchmen?
Why: I'm pretty happy with most of the important characters in the series in one way or another. Like the first major villain, Rezzo, does some despicable things, but when he pops up again later its all sorts of fun nostlgic feelings.
Yeah, I wish there was more but at the same time I don't know what they haven't already done. One episode was literally a soap opera.

Best Anime #2: Natsume Yuujinchou
Why: Its a very chill feeling anime. I have some anxiety problems so anime that have soft line and generally chill atmosphere are refreshing and safe feeling. This is one of those anime.
Best Character in Show: Natsume.
Why: Again its rare for me to like a main character, but he feels more like a real person than a lot of other main characters.
Worst Character in Show: Some demons.
Why: The cruel ones can be a pain in the butt.
Yeah.

Best Anime #3: Sengoku Basara
Why: In contrast to the above, its highly energetic and cracky, but not in an overbearing way. It makes an overzealous universe and rolls with it. Just watching the opening theme gets me revved to watch more.
Best Character in Show: Masamune Date.
Why: He's got all the energy that is prevalent this show and he also has a lot of neat little day to day moments where he needs to act like a lord in more low key ways. He also has some very definite weaknesses that are given attention. I like characters with flaws~
Worst Character in Show: Hideaki.
Why: He just kind of whiny and feels so thrown in there. I mean I feel bad for him and all, but he doesn't do anything. Ever. Well, he did make a hot pot once but ehhhh.
I'm on the last season so I'm unsure.

Best Anime #1:

maxresdefault.jpg

Why:

for_the_lulz2.JPG

Best Character in Show:

tumblr_m6nwk3ZpLQ1ruc976o1_1280.jpg

Why:

for_the_lulz2.JPG

Worst Character in Show:

tumblr_m6nwk3ZpLQ1ruc976o1_1280.jpg

Why:

for_the_lulz2.JPG

yes.jpg

Why?

hqdefault.jpg

Best Anime

3ded47e35be0b32f4ea2b2b1baf1e038.jpg

Why:

Multidemographic appeal, strong characters, different kind of shounen hero than normally seen (older, veteran hero who doesn't want to fight and is relatively quiet compared to young, hotblooded newbie who shouts a lot). Also, swords. Lots of swords.

its weakness? Filler arcs. Lots and lots of filler arcs....

Best Character in Show:

hqdefault.jpg

Why:

Holy shit, this guy (Saito Hajime). Military veteran, top-tier swordsman, always intimidating and controlled, and so damn stubbornly set in his ways (even down to using the same attack every time) that most enemies just double over and die because his awesome just don't quit. He is also the only opponent the main character (Kenshin) never definitely defeated in a fight.

Worst Character in Show:

25625.jpg

Why:

I don't even know this guy's name or remember anything about his motivation. He was some European knight and his posse was exploring Japan for some artifact or some shit? It involved Feng Shui? I don't know. It was a filler arc near the end of the series' life-span. This guy was duller than a pack of used-up nails. And seriously, this guy was supposed to be an arc villain? He's on a goddamn horse and his weapon of choice is a lance. And we're supposed to believe Himura Kenshin - who can move at the speed of light - can't fucking own this guy? I seem to remember Kenshin being forced to use his ultimate attack on this poozer.

Um, why?

Just use your Do Ryu Sen skill to send rocks at him and knock him off the horse! Kenshin literally has at least 3 sword techniques that have ranged capabilities (Do Ryu Sen, Hi Ryu Sen, and Ryu Mei Sen). Why use the ultimate attack on this worthless waste of air time?

No. It was some crappy filler shit. They should've done the Revenge Arc instead, yo.

Best Anime #1: Akatsuki no Yona
Why: Tough question. I love fantasy anime and this had a very good plot, good music, lovely artwork in my opinion, and very likable characters. Plus it had its comedic moments. Plus, it follows the manga to a Tee. I was really impressed by that.
Best Character in Show: Yona.
Why: I know loads of people who disagree with me, saying she's whiny, weak, etc. Hey! She's allowed to be, at least at the start. She's a princess used to luxuries, and suddenly her world is completely pulled out from under her feet. But... she doesn't give up. She strives to become stronger. She cares about others, not just herself.
Worst Character in Show: Honestly... I can't think of one. Unless it the baddy near the end of the series.
Why: Because he's a douchebag. Heck, I can't even remember his name. He's a bad guy, and not even a good looking one XD so there.
Love the Ending, yes or no?: Yes! But it's a definite to be continued.

Best Anime #2: Twelve Kingdoms
Why: Once again, it was fantasy, about a random sort of girl getting kicked into an adventure she wasn't at all ready for XD
Best Character in Show: Youko, in my opinion. And once again, most people might disagree with me.
Why: I like her because even though she is weak and useless and whiny at the start, she has a reason to be all that. And she doesn't remain that way. She goes through a lot of suffering, trust issues, finally rising up and being awesome :3
Worst Character in Show: Two filler chars that weren't in the Light Novels.
Why: They were pretty useless in my opinion, adding drama where none was needed since the actual plot was drama filled enough.
Love the Ending, yes or no? Yes! But I need moar. And I doubt I will get more ;w;

• Love
Reactions: Hana

Best, of course.
Is this one of those "Fuck it, let's make it funny" Dubs?
Or is it serious? Cause if the former I got another.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Is this one of those "Fuck it, let's make it funny" Dubs?
Or is it serious? Cause if the former I got another.

My friend linked me to those dubs :P Hilarious. I think I'll watch 'em again.

Status
Not open for further replies.