bernie bernie bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is the man

Fascist is a more apt term. Populism is defined in being for the majority, while fascism is a strictly authoritarian approach, the ring wing aspect of it all props white males within the upper class demographic and seeks to fracture people by race, class, gender and religion. I would not place it as populist. His fiscal proposals, as they're not very cut and clear, could be seen potentially populist maybe in some aspects.

populism (the political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite)

(From: WordNet Search - 3.1)

He's a populist because he uses demagoguery to garner interest and support. He appeals to peoples fears and frustrations, railing against "the establishment", always citing the unfairness of the media, and even promising things like government run single payer healthcare to "make sure everyone is taken care of". He's appealing to the populous by painting these groups and institutions as an outside negative entity that needs combating.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Windsong and Brovo
populism (the political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite)

(From: WordNet Search - 3.1)

He's a populist because he uses demagoguery to garner interest and support. He appeals to peoples fears and frustrations, railing against "the establishment", always citing the unfairness of the media, and even promising things like government run single payer healthcare to "make sure everyone is taken care of". He's appealing to the populous by painting these groups and institutions as an outside negative entity that needs combating.
I'm pretty sure the populist/fascist comment was made in reference to Trump, not Bernie.

I just donated my entire life savings and several pints of my finest blood, along with my kidney, to the Sanders campaign. Match me!

Status
Not open for further replies.