Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I doing this right?

Bert_and_Ernie.JPG

....Wait

You said Bernie?

Oh! I thought you said Bert n' Ernie​

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump's a harmless baby compared to bernie. Watch him get crushed.
Both of them are populists, just of two different varieties.
I can't imagine Sanders' popularity going beyond college kids and hipsters.
Trump scares me because his pseudo-fascism might evolve into something much, much worse.

Reactions: Jade
Both of them are populists, just of two different varieties.
I can't imagine Sanders' popularity going beyond college kids and hipsters.
Trump scares me because his pseudo-fascism might evolve into something much, much worse.
Although polls show bernie crushing him by over 20% if they both get the nomination in the general election.

Also I keep hearing trump being a populist candidate, what populist policies does trump exactly have?

You really underestimate the power of a genius manipulator at work.
He's not a genius manipulator. He's very good at branding no doubt but his form of debating would only ever work in a republican primary. But considering he'd have more money if he did nothing with his inheritance beyond letting it build interest, with multiple failed businesses, it shows he's really not that good of a businessman either, he actually relies on promoting and franchising his name to other businesses. Also, now that the establishment are actually starting to give him anything but soft balls, he's beginning to lose ground fast to cruz.

Although polls show bernie crushing him by over 20% if they both get the nomination in the general election.

Also I keep hearing trump being a populist candidate, what populist policies does trump exactly have?
Polls are never accurate. Just ask president Dukakis.
Trump is a fiscal protectionist, anti-immigration, Islamophobic, and pro-torture.
No self-respecting politician in America would have these stances unless they were a right-wing populist or a downright fascist.

Beyond Bernie - where he's often done better than polling - the polls have shown a consistency in results so far. Donald doesn't have much support outside the republican primary base, and I'm looking at that changing only if Hillary is propped up in regards to independents and swing voters. With Bernie the independents are heavily in his favor. So that polling isn't likely to change.

Fascist is a more apt term. Populism is defined in being for the majority, while fascism is a strictly authoritarian approach, the ring wing aspect of it all props white males within the upper class demographic and seeks to fracture people by race, class, gender and religion. I would not place it as populist. His fiscal proposals, as they're not very cut and clear, could be seen potentially populist maybe in some aspects.

Another aspect of Trump is that almost every prediction about him has turned out wrong.
"Oh no! Trump said something controversial! Surely this will end his campaign!" Nope.
"Oh no! Trump supports policies that make no sense! Surely this will end his campaign!" Nope.
"Oh no! Trump flip-flopped on an important topic! Surely this will end his campaign!" Nope.
"Oh no! Trump's poll numbers have reached their maximum capacity! Surely this will end his campaign!" Nope.

I respect Bernie, but in a general election I fear that independents will see him as a far-left extremist.

Another aspect of Trump is that almost every prediction about him has turned out wrong.
"Oh no! Trump said something controversial! Surely this will end his campaign!" Nope.
"Oh no! Trump supports policies that make no sense! Surely this will end his campaign!" Nope.
"Oh no! Trump flip-flopped on an important topic! Surely this will end his campaign!" Nope.
"Oh no! Trump's poll numbers have reached their maximum capacity! Surely this will end his campaign!" Nope.

I respect Bernie, but in a general election I fear that independents will see him as a far-left extremist.
I've not seen any poll indicating any of this. Where I see this is again from establishment rhetoric that aren't quite in touch with the public's appeal to trump. Actual polls though have remained consistent on trump after the initial surprise of him being a popular candidate in the first place.

And again, the very much real polling shows bernie having far more polarity in terms of independents. Nothing once has indicated trump to be better at bernie at independents despite all the studies on those exact topics, all of them show bernie consistently being the top candidate of both primaries in regards to independents. . Bernie's campaign is similar to Obama's, he's widening the base on the democratic level - young voters, minorities, independents, rural voters, and left feild progressives are voting for him, and he's got a solid run on the northern states to the point of gaining momentum. Nothing has slowed him down since the votes in the southern bloc, and every state from now on is either northern states or progressive states.

When it comes to the general election, he'll have more trouble with the media than he will with his proponent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump isn't going to win. His own party is trying to find a way to avoid him even getting the nomination. I wish they'd offer up a candidate that wasn't bat shit crazy. Trump's an ass, but he'll never have Congressional support even if he wins. Cruz is a fucking monster, and he'd have a lot more supporters than Trump ever would.

Trump isn't going to win. His own party is trying to find a way to avoid him even getting the nomination. I wish they'd offer up a candidate that wasn't bat shit crazy. Trump's an ass, but he'll never have Congressional support even if he wins. Cruz is a fucking monster, and he'd have a lot more supporters than Trump ever would.
The GOP hates Cruz and Trump with a burning passion. Once the convention arrives both of them will be shot down and either Kasich or Romney will reign supreme once more. Maybe Paul Ryan, but he's needed in Congress more than anywhere else.

Paul Ryan
Or as I like to refer to him, the devil incarnate. I hate that guy, but if it comes down to any of them, I'd deal with him. Trump is a fucking joke. Cruz...well, he's worst than Satan himself.

Or as I like to refer to him, the devil incarnate. I hate that guy, but if it comes down to any of them, I'd deal with him. Trump is a fucking joke. Cruz...well, he's worst than Satan himself.
Eh, I think Kasich is someone that all of us would rather deal with.

Eh, I think Kasich is someone that all of us would rather deal with.
Except anyone who belongs to a Union from what I've heard. I don't really know. I haven't paid him too much attention. I'm too busy looking for a candidate that isn't completely insane and won't destroy the country in the next four years. =/

The GOP hates Cruz and Trump with a burning passion. Once the convention arrives both of them will be shot down and either Kasich or Romney will reign supreme once more. Maybe Paul Ryan, but he's needed in Congress more than anywhere else.
Oh hell yeah paul ryan is looking for a political move right now.

Look at his "totally-not-a-presidential-advert"

Seeing as how Trump and Bernie have been brought up here, thoughts on this?

12987129_1719833654931199_9053747442105304895_n.jpg

On a side note:
13055583_1719833108264587_6878504788595035770_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.