Berkeley: Seen by the Unseen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so in!! I'd like to reserve two girls with face claims Amandla Stenberg and Willow Smith.
cooltext155922246272364_zpslnzcoux5.png

Amandla-Stenberg.jpg

Name: Zaida Bianca Cooper
Nickname: none
Sexuality: Bisexual
Birthday: June 21st
Class:
Advanced Special Ability
Bubble Manipulation
The power to generate bubbles, encapsulate oneself in bubbles and manipulate their density. However she can only generate the bubbles from a source (so soap and water has t be present) and when she encapsulate's herself the oxygen in the bubble is severely limited so she or anyone else can't stay in it for more than 30 minutes.
Stenberg.jpg

Distinguishing Features:
She has a dark brown birthmarks on her heel, no tattoos, simple ear piercings and always wears black eyeliner.
Personality:
Zaida is an observant little weirdo. She likes to hang back and take in the situation, but when she thinks she gets the concept of it she likes to lean in and start poking around. She can be very inquisitive in a frighteningly irritating sort of way. She's the type of person to wander if poking a bear with just a regular stick is enough or would it be more interesting to use a cattle prod. She tends to jump into things without thinking, but will do her best to get out of said situations although she doesn't always succeed. Overall she's a good person and a loyal friend, she's just a bit too curious sometimes.

Dorm Room: Dolphin Hall - Room 1
[spoili]
fun-teen-room.jpg
[/spoili]
Activities:
Art Club Member
Abstract Ideas
Splatter Art
Alternative Unorthodox Solutions
Chemistry
Electropop
Cartoons
Assemble it Yourself Restaurants
Frozen Yogurt
Scrapbooking
Dislikes:
Lulls
When Sand Gets Stuck in Your Stuff After a Visit to the Beach
Violin Music that isn't Remixed
When People Touch Her Hair or Ask To
When People Try to get Her to Change her Make Up Style
Kangaroos (They Just Scare Her)
Horror Movies
Strengths:
Abstract Way of Thinking, Quick Thinker, Open Minded
Weaknesses:
Sometimes Too Kind and Trusting, Ice/Cold Manipulators, Doesn't Know Much Self Defense
Habits:
She always paints her nails a different color.
She sticks her tongue out when she's thinking.
She shrieks when she sees something cute.
5637932c1c00006f00571291.jpeg
Relationships:
Love Interests
(Crush/boyfriend/girlfriend/FBW)
Friends
(Who do you hang out with and enjoy being around?)
Neutral
(You neither care nor hate them.)
Enemies
(You absolutely cannot stand them.)
Family
Billy Cooper (Adoptive Father/Alive)
Stanley Cooper (Adoptive Father/Alive)
Vicki (Birth Mother/Unknown Whereabouts and Status)

cooltext155922351729296_zpsrcuwbk0i.png

cooltext155922050404612_zpshwqcfxzv.png

Willow-Smith-x-CR-Fashion-Book-March-2015.jpg

Name: Yasmine Moira Beckett
Nickname: Mini (by her parents)
Sexuality: Pansexual
Birthday: February 29
Class:
Advanced Special Ability
Solar Manipulation
The power to be empowered by the sun and use solar based attacks such as hand blasts and eye beams. The two downsides are that continuous exposure to her while she's using her powers has a 60% chance of causing skin cancer. Oh and she can only use her powers during the day and when the sun is present. So if it's a cloudy day, don't expect much fire power from her. (Get it? Fire power?)
willow-05.jpg
Distinguishing Features:
She has a tattoo of a dream catcher on her right shoulder and she always has gel nails. She also has a lot of beaded, turquoise and feathered jewelry (respectively.) She has multiple ear piercings, a birthmark on her left thigh and a tendency to dress extravagantly.

Personality:
Before her best friend Wanda got sick, Yasmine was your typical indie hippie kid who rejected mainstream religions and worshiped Gods no one had ever heard of since like...Ever. She was a pretensions asshole who only walks a different path because she liked the attention it got her as 'the unique one'. When she got her powers her ego became ever more inflated. She flaunted her new found abilities and spouted crap about how the 'Gods' had blessed her with these powers because of her healthy ancient god revering lifestyle. But when Wanda got sick, Yasmine's whole world shattered. She was horrified and disgusted at herself and the once 'pretentious Yasmine' became the 'silent and self loathing Yasmine'. She stopped laughing and bragging and putting herself up on a pedestal and just curled into herself. She couldn't stand to hang around Wanda anymore, knowing that she was the one who cut her lifeline short. Now all Yasmine can manage to do is deliver a few curt 'words' and bite out multiple insults to get people to leave her alone. The only thing about her that hasn't changed was her fashion, but only because Wanda implored her not to stop dressing so 'fabulously'.

Dorm Room: Bird Hall - Room 2
[spoili]
large.jpg
[/spoili]
Activities:
Drama Club Member - Costume Designer/Maker
Incense
Persian Cats
Lap Dogs
Victorian Dress
Nail Salons
Bath and Body Works
Dislikes:
Hospitals
Meninists
Recycled Bottled Water
Big Dogs
Fast Food
Strengths:
Heat and Fire make her stronger
Double Jointed and Very Flexible
Strategic
Weaknesses:
Her powers have a 60% chance of causing cancer
Insubordinate and sometimes unwilling to work as a team
Powers only work when the sun is present
Habits:
She sucks her teeth when she's irritated.
She taps her nails when she's tired of waiting.
WillowSmith.jpg
Relationships:
Love Interests
TBA
Friends
Wanda Louis (BFF/Alive but Terminally Ill)
Neutral
(You neither care nor hate them.)
Enemies
(You absolutely cannot stand them.)
Family
Xavier Beckett (Father/Alive)
Ana Beckett (Mother/Alive)
Fitz Beckett (Brother/Alive)

Other:
She is a Selective Mute, so she signs or writes things down on a notepad/dry erase board.
cooltext155922156967720_zps4ebcubtn.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MarilynFae
Of course! Reserved!
I edited the post, added a guy and asked if it was okay to use the powers of blood-bending and electrokinesis. Also face claimed Zac Efron and Lori Harvey.

I am going to be pretty busy today and tomorrow (and I also have to finish... or start chars in Penpal and Once Upon, two other rps.) so would it be alright if you can reserve a Two Guys and Two Girls for me until Sunday... should have them up on Sunday or Saturday.

1. Telekinesis (Guy)-Faceclaim: Joshua Williams
Obey%2001.jpg

2. Pyrokinesis (Guy)-Faceclaim: Chris Brew
tumblr_nkx16dLM9h1qi0b8uo1_500.jpg

3. Empathy (Girl)-Faceclaim: Kathrine McNamara
katherine-mcnamara-hair-9-500x750.jpg

4. Ecokinesis (Girl)-Faceclaim: Amanda Seyfried
amanda-seyfried-photoshoot-for-the-way-we-get-by-2015-_1.jpg

Last edited:
I edited the post, added a guy and asked if it was okay to use the powers of blood-bending and electrokinesis. Also face claimed Zac Efron and Lori Harvey.

That sounds fine. Just male sure that when you make your characters you explain exactly what it is because some might not understand it.

I am going to be pretty busy today and tomorrow (and I also have to finish... or start chars in Penpal and Once Upon, two other rps.) so would it be alright if you can reserve a Two Guys and Two Girls for me until Sunday... should have them up on Sunday or Saturday.

1. Telekinesis (Guy)-Faceclaim: Joshua Williams
Obey%2001.jpg

2. Pyrokinesis (Guy)-Faceclaim: Chris Brew
tumblr_nkx16dLM9h1qi0b8uo1_500.jpg

3. Telepathy (Girl)-Faceclaim: Kathrine McNamara
katherine-mcnamara-hair-9-500x750.jpg

4. Ecokinesis (Girl)-Faceclaim: Amanda Seyfried
amanda-seyfried-photoshoot-for-the-way-we-get-by-2015-_1.jpg

I'll reserve them for you!

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
I might actually be able to put up W.I.P.s just in case so people can see that I reserved those powers and stuff^^ depending on how long it takes for me to finish others chars lol. This is going to be fun.

Whatever you prefer is fine. If you put up WIP characters, just make sure to alert me when they are finished so that I can accept them! And I hope so! If you know anyone else that will be interested, please let them know! ^^

@King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Just sayin, but is it actually necessary to reserve characters for this? With no character limit it seems a bit pointless... though using them to organise more easily is good.

Also, @King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming If you end up using Telepathy, could you limit it to only working on background characters, like I have done with my mind control? Telepathy ruins most RPs if it's usable on player characters or important NPCs.

Just sayin, but is it actually necessary to reserve characters for this? With no character limit it seems a bit pointless... though using them to organise more easily is good.

Also, @King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming If you end up using Telepathy, could you limit it to only working on background characters, like I have done with my mind control? Telepathy ruins most RPs if it's usable on player characters or important NPCs.
Its just to let the GM know what gender you want, so if they wish to keep the genders close together or equal they have a rough idea of how many girls and guys there are.

Reactions: Brea and MarilynFae

Oh yeah no problem, she is more going to use the Empathy part, reading emotions and messing with people's emotions and stuff. And making Illusions and things like that. Only way she'll use her powers on another player if she has too, she won't do it just to do it, as long as no one fucks with her, than they should not worry.

Honestly, I don't really like empathy either. I've had bad experiences in the past with it for two reasons:

1. I don't play characters who have very much emotion. They're too hard to write about and they're too easily influenced by 'the flow'. Having emotions forced on the characters is really difficult to write about and really offputting.
2. My characters often hide their emotions. Having someone who can read the emotions (and often, the motives), really screws up my subplots.

I know I shouldn't, and it's bad to do so, but if someone mind controls / empathises the character through magic rather than actual displayed emotion or psychological manipulation, I just carry on as if that action never happened.

Well like I said as long as a character doesn't mess with her, than they shouldn't have to worry about it. I like Telepathy which is why I have it as a power, so that's that. If you wanna ignore her using Empathy than go ahead, but she most likely won't use it on player characters unless she has too, which I already said.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea and Karakui

I am having people reserve them not so that I save their spot, but so that I could just keep track of all the characters and keep it organized. In all of my role-plays I like to keep a list in the cast list so that I know about how many males and females we have and to try to keep them even, or as close as possible. I always put a link to each of the characters so that is someone were to make a relationship proposition for their characters it is easy to get to and very organized. I also use it so that I know, along with other, how many characters total we have and about when we have enough to start the actual role-play.

I completely understand why we wouldn't have one; I'm just a little OCD when it comes to my group role-plays and hope to keep it organized!

Oh yeah no problem, she is more going to use the Empathy part, reading emotions and messing with people's emotions and stuff. And making Illusions and things like that. Only way she'll use her powers on another player if she has too, she won't do it just to do it, as long as no one fucks with her, than they should not worry.

Also, thank you for clearing that up. I'm not worrying about the powers until they have put them in the character sheet for everyone to see. If I or another player see something wrong with it, like the possibility of them using it against out charcaters, then I will talk to them about it.

I usually go back over that before I accept their CS so that they know no one should use their powers on another important player, as stated in the rules. Thank you for your concern and clearing up! @King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming @Karakui

Might just go for Strictly Empathy for my first girl @MarilynFae since I used that power a lot in rps and I like it. Just so you know, changing power reserve for redhead girl to Empathy^^

Lol did you just miss mine or are you putting them in when I've done a decent amount of work on them? They're all females btw... dont actually have names for 2 of em yet tho :D

Okay! I'll try to get a cs up today, but I might not be able to since I'm gonna try and get one up for Penpals first (sorry! xD).

Lol did you just miss mine or are you putting them in when I've done a decent amount of work on them? They're all females btw... dont actually have names for 2 of em yet tho :D

Sorry I was putting yours in and my laptop died. I had to run to town, but I'm putting them in in just a moment. Because I didn't know the genders to any except one, I didn't put them in. Thank you for the update and I'll put it in momentarily!

Okay! I'll try to get a cs up today, but I might not be able to since I'm gonna try and get one up for Penpals first (sorry! xD).

No worries! I understand! Thank you for the update! ^^

Might just go for Strictly Empathy for my first girl @MarilynFae since I used that power a lot in rps and I like it. Just so you know, changing power reserve for redhead girl to Empathy^^

Thank you for the update. I am not putting any of the powers/abilities until the charcater sheets are up and I will create a separate tab thing in the cast list. I'm actually to do that right now! Thank you for letting me know!

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
Status
Not open for further replies.