Berkeley: Seen by the Unseen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reuben looks like a child prodigy with a great destiny who would ultimately be manipulated into changing sides, destroying everything he believed in and establishing a galactic empire.
So, basically, you're calling Reuben Darth Vader.

Finishing Chars tonight Buttercup^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: MarilynFae and Brea
More Anakin Skywalker. He does look pretty similar IMO what with the blond hair, the hood and the slightly darkened eyes. I thought the same thing when I watched that film too. What was it called, City of Bones or something?

What does IMO mean?

"in my opinion" imo. Lol never actually looked it up, so I might be using it wrong, imo.

• Useful
Reactions: Stargazer
Reuben looks like a child prodigy with a great destiny who would ultimately be manipulated into changing sides, destroying everything he believed in and establishing a galactic empire.
HA! Oh my god that's hilarious. As long as there's not little children on the dark side, and his little childrens aren't threatened, I don't think there's too much risk of him changing sides xD But maybe if there's cookies....

Yihre fine dear. That's actually kind of funny. Haha but unless you want to I don't mind if you keep it. Who knows maybe that's a good way to forms friendship. I'll PM you about relationships later :)
Okay, phew xD But yeah! It might make them very good friends ;)
He is accepted! I will put him in Tiger Hall, room 3! Thank YOu! He looks amazing! I have some great relationship propositions for him and my characters already in mind!
Awesome! That's great xD Cause I literally had no idea what I was going to do with his relationships!

HA! Oh my god that's hilarious. As long as there's not little children on the dark side [...] I don't think there's too much risk of him changing sides xD
1314445.png

@MarilynFae - Last question: Would you like to me to tag you each time I complete one character so you could read them one by one, or when I finish them all so you can read them all in one go?

@MarilynFae - Last question: Would you like to me to tag you each time I complete one character so you could read them one by one, or when I finish them all so you can read them all in one go?
Either one is fine. You can just tag me when they are all complete, though I saw that your first girl was up because I am editing the cast list! She looks nice! I will go ahead and give your her room so that you can add it if you'd like! She will be in Owl Hall, room four!

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea
Is the power of Persuasion/Charmspeak/Compulsion considered OP? Or is it acceptable in this roleplay? I'm making it so he's the type of character that would hate using it on people and there's ways to get around his charmspeak, but I'm not sure if it was shot down already?

Is the power of Persuasion/Charmspeak/Compulsion considered OP? Or is it acceptable in this roleplay? I'm making it so he's the type of character that would hate using it on people and there's ways to get around his charmspeak, but I'm not sure if it was shot down already?
It is a really iffy thing because it could be mistaken as being used when it's not. Say that you were just simply talking to a character and you were like, "Hand me that remote," and so they do because that is just something a friend would do, but others may think that you made them do it. Does that make sense? So I am fine with you using it as long as you only use it on characters during the class. If you are using outside of class, then make sure you PM the eprson you plan to use it on and make sure they are okay with it. And then you both should PM me or reply on here and tell me that it will happen and that it is okay. For everyone, not just you, I think it woud also help to ask permission even during class. I am thinkiing about making buddied in teh class so that when they practice they will practice only on that person and you can make sure it is okay. If that makes sense.

Anyway, yes, you can use that but make sure it is okay with whoever you use it on, every single time you do it. Also, I think that it would be a good idea to have some kind of thing that makes it obvious when he is going to use it. For example his eyes turn a different color than antural colors, like purple or something. Also, if you do do something like that, which you should, when you use your power in the roleplay be sure to say something like that. Such as, "His eyes turned a bright purple as he looked into his roommates eyes...." and then make them do whatever it is.

As long as you are super careful and obvious about when you do and do not use it, you should be fine.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Brea
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with that (and I'm usually the one most against controlling stuff :D) provided it's obvious when it's being used, and there are ways to resist it. Might be quite funny if it only worked on people with a physical attraction to the user so he has to act really seductive when he wants to use it XD

It is a really iffy thing because it could be mistaken as being used when it's not. Say that you were just simply talking to a character and you were like, "Hand me that remote," and so they do because that is just something a friend would do, but others may think that you made them do it. Does that make sense? So I am fine with you using it as long as you only use it on characters during the class. If you are using outside of class, then make sure you PM the eprson you plan to use it on and make sure they are okay with it. And then you both should PM me or reply on here and tell me that it will happen and that it is okay. For everyone, not just you, I think it woud also help to ask permission even during class. I am thinkiing about making buddied in teh class so that when they practice they will practice only on that person and you can make sure it is okay. If that makes sense.

Anyway, yes, you can use that but make sure it is okay with whoever you use it on, every single time you do it. Also, I think that it would be a good idea to have some kind of thing that makes it obvious when he is going to use it. For example his eyes turn a different color than antural colors, like purple or something. Also, if you do do something like that, which you should, when you use your power in the roleplay be sure to say something like that. Such as, "His eyes turned a bright purple as he looked into his roommates eyes...." and then make them do whatever it is.

As long as you are super careful and obvious about when you do and do not use it, you should be fine.
Yeah! Totally, I definitely planned on doing that, since it would totally be godmodding to go around controlling people xD

Though I had a slightly different idea for his powers? Like he can't control when it happens so he has to be extremely careful with his words - and has gotten good with it - and it adds to his broody attitude since he usually pauses to think over his words before speaking. If he would ever slip up, I would ask first and make sure it was obviou (by saying that he forgot or something like that), and if he were to slip up without my intention, the person could ignore it and/or just tell me. But if you're opposed to that it's fine! I can change it to what you proposed.​

Yeah! Totally, I definitely planned on doing that, since it would totally be godmodding to go around controlling people xD

Though I had a slightly different idea for his powers? Like he can't control when it happens so he has to be extremely careful with his words - and has gotten good with it - and it adds to his broody attitude since he usually pauses to think over his words before speaking. If he would ever slip up, I would ask first and make sure it was obviou (by saying that he forgot or something like that), and if he were to slip up without my intention, the person could ignore it and/or just tell me. But if you're opposed to that it's fine! I can change it to what you proposed.​
Just as long as it is obvious when he is and is not doing it, it should be fine! I look forward to seeing him!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person

[bg=#8c8484]
#00b89f
"Just because I talk a lot doesn't mean I actually know what I'm talking about."
[/bg]
tumblr_inline_ni8tz3HZ7P1rux6g0.gif
tumblr_inline_ni8twvy9vs1rux6g0.gif
tumblr_mv8l27ykBr1qd7fc3o2_250.gif
tumblr_inline_ni8tyrhh8O1rux6g0.gif
tumblr_mv8l27ykBr1qd7fc3o8_250.gif

tumblr_inline_ni8tyfJoFe1rux6g0.gif
tumblr_inline_ni8ty1mZng1rux6g0.gif
tumblr_n434xd0Iip1rp4duqo2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_inline_ni8twqmqu31rux6g0.gif
tumblr_inline_ni8twr7B4x1rux6g0.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
Name:
"Hello! Hello! It's great to meet you!"
. Jennifer Maria Hart .

Nickname:
"Oh, you can just call me Jenna. Everyone does!"
. Jenna, Jenny, Jen, J-Hart .

"I'm a girl! Are you implying I look otherwise?"
. Female .

Sexuality:
"No offense to my fellow female, but they just aren't my type."
. Heterosexual .

. 17 .

Birthday:
"I also celebrate un-brithdays."
. May 13th .

Class:
"I love, love, love having class for only five hours a day!"
. Advanced Special Ability .

Ability/Power:
"It's cool, I guess. Really helps with cheerleading."
Muscle Mimicry
The ability to mimic muscle movements perfectly, just by watching them be preformed once. Jenna will be able to copy any movement she watches, whether it's a fancy kick she saw in a karate movie or someone cutting an apple to look like a flower. Once she learns a movement she never forgets how to preform it, and can recall how to do a movement almost instantly and without little thought. Memorizing how to preform an action happens automatically.
Limitations
She is only able to copy actual muscle movements. If she is not flexible enough to carry out the movement the same way the person she watched was she will only be able to preform the ability to the best of the ability. This ability also does not make her stronger, so if she watched someone dead lift five hundred pounds she would not be able to do so herself- only copy their technique. She also cannot copy the ability of other people, only the movements they go through. So, if she watched someone fly, she would only be able to copy the movements they went through to take off, not actually fly.
Weaknesses
Because Jennifer automatically, and often times unconsciously, she is constantly learning pieces of her long term memory. The old must be forgotten for her to remember new things she is learning. However, she only forgets specific memories, not actual information. So, for example, she does not remember anything she did in elementary school, but she does know the names of the friends she had, and how to sing her ABC's. She does not remember most of the birthdays she had, but she can tell you whether or not she had a clown. Currently, she can only remember things that have happened to her in the past year. She often keeps a journal with her, where she writes down things she never wants to forget.

Distinguishing Features:
"I don't really think I have any?"
. Eyes- Blue-Grey

Hair- Medium (Armpit Length), Blonde, usually curled.
Height- 5'6
Weight- 124lbs
Build- Adverage
Birthmark- On her shoulder: It's brown, and shaped like an upside down cat.
Tattoos- [spoili]
f3e87ae60f19170a4b315b7dbd96cee7.jpg
[/spoili]
Piercings- Ears (once), Bellybutton .

Personality:
"I try to be a very likable person."
Jennifer is very much a people pleaser. She always puts other peoples needs before her own, which often gets her into a lot of trouble. However, she continues to do it because she just wants to make people happy. Also because she fears rejection, especially that of her peers. She is often described as selfless, kind and helpful. Jenna has always had a hard time hurting peoples feelings, and will tell a lie to avoid doing so. Jenna is extremely talkative, and once you get her going it's nearly impossible to make her shut up. She's very determined, and is always setting goals for herself. She is easily manipulated, and often becomes dependent on her friends. She doesn't outwardly show it, but Jenna is very insecure with who she is, and is often trying to reshape herself into someone she thinks everyone will like. At times she can be a bit naive, but that's just because she wants to believe that there is good in everyone.

History:
"According to my journal, I'm adopted."
[spoili]
It was decided before Jenna was even born that she would be given up for a closed adoption. In fact, a family was already said to adopt her by her due date, and she was instantly handed over to them. It wasn't until Jenna was seven that she discovered this. Her and her brother were playing doctor, and so she was using her medical papers from the attic. Upon reading them and asking her parents, Jenna was devastated to hear that her birth mother never wanted anything to do with her, before they even got the chance to meet. This is what perhaps brought Jenna's fear of rejection to the surface, because from then on out she did everything she could to make people like her.

When she turned eight, Jenna joined cheer leading. Although she had started later than most girls, she drove herself to be the best she could possibly be, and very quickly became the top of her team. This was perhaps one of the first signs of her developing ability, but no one really caught on at this point. She's been cheer leading ever since, both competitively and for her high school. Despite knowing she was adopted, Jennifer has always had a great deal for her family, and is very close with all of them, especially her brother.

During Jennifer's freshman year of high school she and her older best friend went to the outdoor mall in their town. While walking back to the car they were approached by a group of four males. They instantly got handsy, and tried to make the girls get into their own vehicle. Jenna reacted quickly, copying a fighting routine she had recently seen in a karate film. After beating up the boys and realizing what she had done she was very surprised- because she had never taken any martial arts classes in her life. Her friend was also surprised, and the two girls went home to do research on whether it was normal for people to know how to fight.

They came across a TV show called Hero's, in which on of the characters had an ability called 'Muscle Mimicry.' The girls accepted that Jennifer must be superhuman- and swore a blood oath to never tell anyone about it. It became their own little secret, and they bonded over it pretty quickly. It wasn't long after that Jennifer realized she was loosing her memory, and so her friend came up with the idea to start keeping a journal of the things she never wanted to forget. She thought it was a good idea, and also started taking pictures constantly. Things were seemingly going fine, until the night Jennifer was visited from the future. That night she ran away to the Berkley, leaving only a goodbye note for her friend taped under her desk, where she knew only her friend would find it. [/spoili]

Dorm Room:
"Can you tell my favorite color is blue?"
. Owl Hall, Room 4 [spoili]
c7f3990fa329e7bda1aaf6a705821349.jpg
[/spoili] .

Activities:
"I just love being involved!"
. Cheerleading (Co-Captain); Student Council (Vice President); Music Club (Member-Sings) .

"I'm a chick, therefore I'm allowed to like chick-flicks."
. Animals, Romance Movies, Snow, Hot Coco, Shopping, Cuddling, Big Projects and Helping Others. .

Dislikes:
"Rats are just so... gross."
. Failing, Letting People Down, Lying, Seafood, Rodents, Swimming, and Hairless Cats. .

Strengths:
"Just my ability, I think."
. Jenna is very flexible, and has great eyesight. She's stronger than she looks, and light on her feet. She can also run fast and for a long period of time. Jennifer has always had a way with animals, especially dogs. She can mimic other peoples voices, and is able to think critically. Jenna also has an amazing singing voice, and can play the guitar.

Weaknesses:
"I guess sometimes I try too hard."
. Although Jenna can fit into small places, she prefers not to. She's short and small, which makes her easy to over look. Jennifer also has a horrible sense of smell. Jennifer has never really been able to take criticism from others, and she's a horrible liar. She's bad with mathematics and science, and has a terrible memory. Finally, Jennifer is horrible at all sports, except for Cheerleading and Gymnastics.

Habits:
"I don't think I have any?"
. Sometimes hums when she study's .
. Her facial expressions show what she is thinking- if she's thinking of something funny she'll smile to herself, if she's thinking about something that made her angry she'll scowl .
. Taps her fingers on the table when she's bored .
. Does mini-dances when something she likes happens .

. Has a bad habit of listening in on other people's conversations .

Relationships:
"I really try to be everyone's friend."
[spoili]
Love Interests:
. n .

Friends
. n .

Enemies:

. n .

Neutral/Other:

. n .

Family:
. Mother-Elizabeth-Police Officer [spoili]
tumblr_m7hdambH3w1rbi7ojo1_500.gif
[/spoili]
Father-Jacob-History Teacher [spoili]
tumblr_ncznpgmy9b1tm7fgeo2_500.gif
[/spoili]
Older Brother- Jason-21-bartender [spoili]
tumblr_mu5jboQXWz1s1fda0o1_500-1.gif
[/spoili]

[/spoili]

Other:
"I think we've covered everything."
. Allergic to Bees and peanuts .

. She really misses her family and feels bad for leaving them behind .
. Left her phone so she wouldn't be tracked that way, got a new one in Berkley .
. Drives a yellow 2000 Volkswagen Beetle with tinted windows .
[/bg]
[bg=#8c8484]"I'm kind of a TV Junkie."
[/bg]

[bg=#918d8d]
#b80000
"Oh, this is not going to end well."
[/bg]
tumblr_inline_n3ypd2TTSm1s2djns.gif
tumblr_inline_n3ylkn5BxR1s2djns.gif
tumblr_inline_n3yqpgxLzk1s2djns.gif
tumblr_inline_n3yqrpLPXW1s2djns.gif
tumblr_inline_n3ylwuGJAU1s2djns.gif

tumblr_inline_n3yi6hWII41s2djns.gif
tumblr_inline_n3yhsei4pK1s2djns.gif
tumblr_inline_n3yi229DDf1s2djns.gif
tumblr_inline_n3yhzs4dLj1s2djns.gif
tumblr_inline_n3yhvzUzpR1s2djns.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
Name:
"Yes, there is a R and the end, and yes, it's Kyler not Tyler."
. Kyler Maxon Stokes .

Nickname:
"Very few people call me Kye."
. Kye, Stokes .

. Male .

Sexuality:
"Gotta love the ladies."
. Heterosexual .

. 19 .

Birthday:
"My mom always said I'm her April Fool."
. April 25th .

Class:
"Guess my power is cool enough for me to qualify."

Ability/Power:
"It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself."
Matter Absorbtion
The ability to turn users skin into a different form of matter. This means that whatever Kyler touches, he can choose to turn his skin into the same material. Theoretically, if he so felt the need, he could press his palms to the carpet and his skin would turn into the same material. However, because there would be very little need for this, he usually uses his ability on metals or other rougher things, such as rocks, to make him more durable. His joints remain flexible, and so he is still able to move around and whatnot.
Limitations
Kyler is only able to change his skin, not his inner body parts. Which means that he can still get hurt. For example, internal bleeding is still very much a possibility, even when his skin is metal. Also, if he were to be set on fire, depending on the material his skin is currently made of, the flesh beneath his skin can get burned- which obviously causes complications. Another limitation is that Kyler must touch the material with the inside of his hands in order to change his skin to said material. And, the material must be solid- so, he can't change his skin to a liquid or a gas. Also, Kyler can only take on one matter at a time.
Weaknesses
As stated in the limitations, there are still ways to hurt Kyler when he is using his ability. Also, depending on what his skin had been turned into, he may be slowed down by the weight. Lastly, Kyler can only use his ability for one hour at a time, and then his skin will turn back to actual skin and he must refuel. The timer starts as soon as he changes his skin into a different form f matter, and he also can not change back until normal until the sixty minutes are up. Which can be very annoying. Kyler is currently attempting to learn how to change back at will, but has so far been unsuccessful.

Distinguishing Features:
"They say green eyes are the rarest."
. Eyes- Light Green.

Hair- Medium brown, short, thick.
Height- 6'2
Weight- 158 lbs
Build- Ottermode
Birthmark- Kyler has a light brown birthmark on the back of his right arm, shaped like a paint splatter.
Tattoos- [spoili]
tattoo-on-hands.jpg
[/spoili]
Scars- Kyler has a scar on both sides of his right ankle, from when he broke it .

Personality:
"Not gonna lie... I'm pretty cool."
Kyler presents himself as a courageous young man with integrity and an endless supply of confidence. He's very outspoken and opinionated, though he does not discriminate against others for their own opinions. Truth be told, he is known for being a major flirt, and some would even go so far is to call him a womanizer. But, Kyler does care deeply for those he actually gets in a relationship with. It doesn't seem like it to outsiders, but Kyler is actually very picky and selective with who he gets close with. It's sort of like a defense mechanism, because he will only allow people he deems worthy to see certain sides of him. Kyler tends to be very cocky and can even be an asshole, if pushed just right. But, those he is close to know that if there was human version of a teddy bear, it would be him. He's actually very thoughtful, protective, and sweet. He likes to make others smile, especially when they're down. Because Kyler doesn't care what others think of him, he will sometimes embarrass himself on purpose just to bring a smile to someones lips. He has great sportsmanship, though he is also very competitive. Still, once he's lost he'll accept it and move on. Kyler will always take responsibility for his actions, and expects others to do the same. Finally, Kyler tends to be very trusting of other people, which results in him being extremely gullible.

History:
"As you can see, I've always been good at sports."
[spoili]
Kyler was born in the middle of the night to a very loving family. He was a very happy baby, and very much a momma's boy. However, he and his father did share a special bond over sports. He'd been watching football games since before he could even talk, and as soon as he turned four he joined football. Of course at that age it wasn't very competitive, but he loved it anyways. From this he branched off to several other sports, very quickly becoming the athlete he is today. Also when he was four, his little sister, Jessamine, was born. Kyler had always viewed his female peers as an equal, but there was something so fragile about his baby sister that he knew he'd protect her his whole life.

Jessamine also took a liking to sports, and even if she wasn't allowed to play on the same teams as her big brother, they did play together at home. It wasn't until Jess got into middle school, during Kylers freshman year in highschool, that she started acting like a girl. She became more interested in her nails and hair... and so Kyler adjusted. He learned how to curl her hair for her, and sometimes would let her paint his nails. No one other than his immediate family knew this, of course, and the two siblings had a mutual agreement that they'd never tell anyone. And so, their strong bond held.

It was during this same year that Kyler discovered his ability. He was at the batting cages getting ready for baseball season, when he got frustrated with himself. He gripped the bat tightly... and his skin started to take on the same metallic material as his bat. Freaked out he dropped the bat and ran off to hide away from everyone's view. He his in the boys bathroom, in a stall, until his skin changed back to normal. From that moment Kyler vowed to never breath a word about the experience to anyone, and for the first time ever he skipped out on a sport season so that he could learn to control his ability better.

Soon, Kyler continued to play sports, now for his high school. He made Varisty in every sport during his freshman year... which resulted in several hazings. He's done things he's not proud of, and was humiliated more times than the young jock could count. Luckily his family never found out, and once freshman year was over it was his turn to do the hazing. But, he never participated. In fact, he despised many of his teammates for how they treated the young new-bee's on Varsity, and sometimes warned others about planned hazings so they could avoid them.

It was decided halfway through his sophomore year that Kyler could need a tutor for math classes, as well as English. Apparently, he excelled in sports so much because he was unsatisfactory when it came to academics. But, he tried not to let it get to him, and again the family decided to keep this among themselves.

When Kyler was visited by the future he was very torn- he didn't want to leave his family. He loved them so much. But, he knew he had to get to Berklet... his ability was starting to worry him no, with all the things going on with the government. So, he had one last morning with his family, and then instead of going to school, he followed the path to Berkley. He plans on returning to his family once he know's it's safer. [/spoili]

Dorm Room:
"It's pretty neat, I think."
. [spoili]
f02f56bee4f906ea3cdc40c9d0073dcc.jpg
[/spoili] .

Activities:
"What can I say? I love sports."
. Football (Runningback, #14) ; Basketball (Small Forward, #14) ; Track & Field (Hurdling, Shot Put, Relay Races) .

. Spicy Food, Cuddling, Milkshakes, Roller Coasters, Granola Bars, Cotton Candy, Horror Movies, Bananas, Sports, Christmas Lights, Energy Drinks, and Soup .

Dislikes:
"Seriously, who LIKES school?"
. Homework, School, Archery, Wrestling, Sunburns, Traffic, Mysteries, Early Mornings, Smoking, and Poptars .

Strengths:
"I like to think I have many."
. Thanks to a lifetime of playing sports, Kyler can throw with great accuracy. He's also very strong, has great stamina and can run pretty fast. He has a great deal of discipline and is tough. He's energetic and outgoing, which leads to him being good with confrontation. Aside from having a natural knack for any kind of sport, Kyler can also cook very well. In fact, during holidays he usually kicks the whole family out of the kitchen, aside from his younger sister, because he is the only one in his family with any cooking ability. Because he is very confident, Kyler is also good at public speaking, and since he was young he's been good at climbing (tree's, counters, you name it). If you were to ask Kyler what his best talent is, however, he would tell you, "Flirting, of course!" .

Weaknesses:
"We can't be completely mighty, now can we?"
. Kyler tends to be, well, arrogant. He's also overprotective of his friends and over-competitive. He lacks creativity, and because he sees the good in everyone he is also very gullible. Also, when provoked, Kyler can be very violent. Although Kyler can cook, he cannot bake. It's actually very unfortunate. He also struggles in school, because his spelling skills are low and numbers just confuse him. He also has trouble fixing anything that's electronic, and cannot sing for the life of him. Lastly, Kyler has no artistic ability and cannot act. Like, at all .

Habits:
"People say I wink too often."
. Looks at the ground and smiles when he feels flattered .
. Clenches his jaw when he's angry .

. Takes his shoes off separately, so they never seem to be together .
. Dances while he cooks .
. Runs fingers through his hair when he is nervous and caught off guard .

Relationships:
"I find making friends easier than making enemies."
[spoili]
Love Interests:
. n .

Friends
. n .

Enemies:

. n .

Neutral/Other:

. n .

Family:
Mother - Cathy - Secretary [spoili]
giphy.gif
[/spoili]
Father- Karter - Accountant [spoili]
HD0SU.gif
[/spoili]
Younger Sister (by 4 years) - Jessamine [spoili]
tumblr_mzyqk3YX1l1rvua2oo1_500.gif
[/spoili]
[/spoili]

Other:
"I've pretty much already told you everything."
. Stole his family portrait before he left, it hangs above his bed .
. Sometimes wishes he didn't have an ability .
. Allergic to bleach .

[/bg]
[bg=#918d8d]"Dude, I love Mexican."
[/bg]

[bg=#8c8484]
#0080f0
"You think you don't deserve something, so you ruin it."
[/bg]
tumblr_inline_mmnqcc8Rdi1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mmnpozcFsV1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mmnpnrfgID1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mmnpp9elxG1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mmnpsnXo1S1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_mo4lprScgA1rfz7obo6_250.gif
tumblr_inline_mmnp596sgz1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mmnqn3HBG81qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mmnqna3cOa1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_mo4lprScgA1rfz7obo2_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
Name:
"Yes, I know Ryan is usually a boy's name."
. Ryan Taylor Rincon .

Nickname:
"Only my mom can call me Ry-Ry."
. Ry-Ry .

"I mean, I know i can act like a boy, but do you really need to ask?"
. Female .

Sexuality:
"Usually I'm only into guys."
. Bi-Curious, leans more towards males .

"You should never ask a lady about her age... Or, so I hear."
. 18 .

Birthday:
"This seems irrelevant, unless you're planning on buying me a gift?"
. January 9th .

Class:
"My class is cool, I guess."

Ability/Power:
"I can go where I want, without actually leaving my room."
Visual Projection
The ability to make other people see anything the user wishes. Ryan is able to create allusions of dinosaurs, or visually change the room to look like a rain forest. However, she must be able to imagine the thing she is projecting, and cannot move while using her ability. When she uses her ability her eyes go completely white.
Limitations
Ryan can only use her ability on people within a ten foot radius of her in any direction. Anyone within her field is affected, and immediately paralyzed. Within the illusion they can still move around, but in reality they are frozen in place. She can keep the illusion going for as long as three hours, but the longer she holds it the worse her headache afterwards will be. Whatever happens within the illusion is not real- so, if someone were to get hurt within the illusion they would be completely fine once it was over.
Weaknesses
Anyone who could breach Ryan's field, (for example, a telekinetic) will still be able to cause hard to Ryan and/or the people under her influence. Also, she will be completely unaware of what is going on around her.

Distinguishing Features:
"Brown hair, brown eyes. I'd say I'm pretty boring looking."
. Eyes- Chocolate Brown

Hair- Bust-Length, Usually Straight, Brown.
Height- 5'6''
Weight- 134 lbs
Build- Petite
Piercings- Ears, once.
Scars- She's often covered in little scratches, she doesn't even know which ones are scars anymore.

Personality:
"Nothing like my twin sister, I can tell you that much."
Ryan is your average tomboy. Despite growing up with very strict parents, Ryan is almost always dirty. She's one of those females who would much rather be one of the guys than a girly girl. She's very carefree, but when something is bothering her Ryan tends to be very outspoken about it. She's usually very calm and relaxed, and just likes to kick back. However, this makes her a gigantic slacker, and she can be very unreliable. Ryan is lazy and she knows it, but she is still active when she needs to be. Because her mother insists on it she takes Gymnastics and Ballet, but she secretly hates both of those activities. Ryan is very secretive, because she is often sneaking around her parents, and slightly rebellious. Still, she is not impulsive. She thinks everything she does through, looking for any holes in any plans she comes up with. Ryan always comes prepared and she likes to be in control of things. Ryan can hold her own, and refuses to play the damsel in distress. She trusts easily, and so can be easily manipulated.

History:
"I don't see how this is any of your business."
[spoili]
Ryan was born twelve minutes after her twin sister, Bonnie. The two were identical in every way, but their personalities could not be farther apart. Bonnie was all about nail polish and new clothes, while Ryan liked to sit outside and make mud pies after it rained. Their mother, who was not a fan of dirt as it was, tried to encourage Ryan to be more like her sister. She often took the two shopping and entered them in a few beauty pageants, but it seemed like the more their mother tried the more Ryan resented. Still, her mother was persistent, and Ryan learned to just roll with it. She joined both gymnastics and ballet with her sister when they were six, and although she hated it she continued to participate to keep her mother off her back. She was good at both anyways.

From their first day of school it also became obvious that Ryan and her sister fit in with different crowds. Bonnie became one of those girls who are most likely to win prom queen, while Ryan joined up with the slackers of the school. Ryan's never smoked, and she doesn't like the taste of alcohol, but most of her friends were alcoholics and stoners. The main reason she liked them so much was that even though she didn't take part in the drinking and drugs they never shunned her, they only accepted her. Which was more than Ryan could say about her parents.

One time at a boring party Ryan imaged she was at an amusement park, and accidentally projected the image to herself and the three people sitting beside her. It was extremely freaky and almost instantly the illusion vanished, her stoned friends assuming it was part of their trip. But Ryan knew better, and so when she went home that night she tried to do it again. At first her ability was very freaky, but once she realized what it was she started to create illusions for herself more and more. She only did in secret, and because she knew what the government did to people like her she never told anyone- not even her family.

Thanks to her group of friends Ryan discovered something she enjoyed doing: Skateboarding. She saved up her money and bought herself a board. This is when Ryan's double life basically began. She dressed the way her family expected, used he manners and presented herself well around the house, but when Ryan got away from the family she was able to cut-loose and be herself. At first being two different people was thought for her, but she quickly learned how to juggle both identities.

When she was visited by the future she knew that she would leave for Berkley. She wanted to know more about her ability and be around people more like her. She never felt like she fit in with her family anyways. Regardless, she did leave them a goodbye note when she left- making sure to hide it so she would get a head start before they were alarmed and called the police.[/spoili]

Dorm Room:
"I could paint the walls, but even hanging those pictures was too much work."
. [spoili]
57581420ab23abcb927e32aeaaa7f65c.jpg
[/spoili] .

Activities:
"Don't be so surprised I'm involved in these activities."
. Volleyball (Member) ; Swimming (Member) ; Dance (Member) .

. Trampolines, Popcorn, Soda, Cats, Piggy-Back rides, Perfume, and TV Shows. .

Dislikes:
"Rain... it's just a mess."
. Homework, Alcohol, Medicine, Sunburns, Applesauce, and Ballet. .

Strengths:
"Does being upfront count?"
. Ryan has never had any trouble with confrontation. Thanks to years of gymnastics and ballet she is very flexible and a lot stronger than she looks. She's tough and clever, and a great actress. Ryan thinks quickly when put under pressure. Since she has been doing it since she was young Ryan is good at gymnastics and ballet. She is also a gifted skateboarder, and knows how to be resourceful. It's also a little known fact that Ryan can play the piano .

Weaknesses:
"My Asthma, I'd say is the biggest weakness."
. Because she suffers from Asthma, Ryan's stamina isn't very good. She gets worn out easily, which is actually very embarrassing for her. Because she is so small she is easily pushed around, and it doesn't help that she has a 'go-with-the-flow' attitude. She's never one to take leadership, and has trouble adapting. Ryan can do many things, but singing is not one of them. Nor can she bake or sew. She cannot tell when she is being lied to, which can make her easily manipulated. Also, Ryan isn't artistic... even her stick figures are crap .

Habits:
"I've noticed that I play with my hair often."
. Plays with her hair when she isn't really paying attention .
. Sighs... a lot .
. Pinches the bridge of her nose when she is annoyed or irritated .
. Chews on her pencils .
. Snuggles a long pillow while she sleeps .
. Has good posture, thanks to growing up with a mother who expected it .

Relationships:
"Meh, not everyone is going to like you."
[spoili]
Love Interests:
. n .

Friends
. n .

Enemies:

. n .

Neutral/Other:

. n .

Family:
Mother- Sandra Rincon- Psychiatrist [spoili]
tumblr_mebsmsI7F51reqekdo1_500.gif
[/spoili]
Father- Terence Rincon- High School Biology Teacher [spoili]
tumblr_lpftl5HqMP1qg8k7v.gif
[/spoili]
Twin Sister- Bonnie Rincon [spoili]
tumblr_ml8b5eSVxY1qh2toro1_500.gif
[/spoili]
[/spoili]

Other:
"You want to know more?!"
. Has Asthma, usually carries an inhaler with her .
. Always carries ibuprofen with her, for the head aches .
. Hair is naturally straight .

[/bg]
[bg=#8c8484]"I'd be happy to show you what a real cry for help sounds like."
[/bg]

[bg=#8c8484]
#ed4b15
"I don't want to be Robin all the time."
[/bg]
tumblr_mxhxmpLUNx1sy9jofo8_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mxhxmpLUNx1sy9jofo9_250.gif
tumblr_mxhxmpLUNx1sy9jofo5_250.gif
tumblr_mqcupdspbj1qhm3wgo2_250.gif
tumblr_mx8w8m2Bqp1sy9jofo3_250.gif

tumblr_mx8w8m2Bqp1sy9jofo1_250.gif
tumblr_mx8w8m2Bqp1sy9jofo4_250.gif
tumblr_mx8w8m2Bqp1sy9jofo6_250.gif
tumblr_mxhxmpLUNx1sy9jofo7_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mqcupdspbj1qhm3wgo9_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
Name:
"I realize that it's spelled kind of weird."
. Braeden Anthony Roden .

Nickname:
"Feel free to call me whatever!"
. Bray, B .

. Male .

Sexuality:
"Oh, trust me, I like girls."
. Heterosexual .

. 17 .

Birthday:
"I wasn't due until September, so my mom almost called me August. But, she changed it to Braeden last minute."
. August 26th .

Class:
"Honestly I'm surprised my ability qualifies for this class."

Ability/Power:
"Invisibility with a fancier name."
Proprioceptive Inhibit
The ability to take advantage of the natural human blind spot. There is a naturally occurring 'blind spot' in the human eye that results from the optic nerve passing through the retina. Usually, this gap in vision is extremely small, and is automatically filled in by your brain using information from the area around it. Braeden is able to expand this blind spot to his size, making him invisible to most mammals.
Limitations
Braeden is only able to his himself from people's vision. Also, he can only make himself invisible- he cannot mask the noise he makes or any smells he is putting off.
Weaknesses
If one was really willing to, they could use any type of camera to see him. However, he'd only be able to be seen through the camera- so security camera's would pick up on him and other people would have to look through the camera to continue seeing him. Also, because he is invisible, no one can be careful not to hit him.. as in, if he were to cross the street his chances of being hit by a car drastically increases. Also, he still gives off body head, so someone using an infrared light would be able to spot him.

Distinguishing Features:
"I'm pretty tall, so that's a plus."
. Eyes- Chocolate Brown

Hair- Short on the sides, longer on the top. Brown.
Height- 5'11
Weight- 147lbs
Build- Skinny
Other- He has a few moles here and there. .

Personality:
"Life is too short to be serious all the time."
Anyone who's ever gone to school with Braeden would agree that he is the class clown of all class clowns. He's always cracking jokes and making inappropriate faces. Being funny is something Braeden is very proud of, as he believes a good sense of humor is the best quality a person can have. He tends to be over-talkitive, often getting himself and others in trouble. Braeden is by nature a very social and kind person, always more than happy to lend a helping hand. He's very much a jokester, and has what is called a contagious laugh. Despite his happy-go-lucky attitude, Braeden is actually a very hard working and surprisingly intelligent young man. Sure, he's not the smartest, but he's also not the dumbest either. Braeden suffers from ADHD, and can almost never sit still. He's also very organized, often color coding his homework and alphabetizing his movie selection. Braeden is non-judgemental and is always looking for a good time. Finally, he is extremely sarcastic, and the more he likes you the more sarcasm you will receive from him.

History:
"Meh, nothing too exiting there."
[spoili]
Breaden grew up in a four person family, with a twin sister. From a young age the differences between him and his sister were obvious: She went out to play sports while he stayed in to play video-games. She allowed her room to be a mess while he put his toys away the moment he was finished playing with them. She liked to hang out strictly with other little boys, while Braeden got along with everyone. There is one thing, however, that he and his twin sister had in common: They both had a romantic interest in girls.

Breaden knew his sister was a lesbian shortly after they both turned fourteen, even though she tried to hide it. She even tried to surround herself with even more male friends, but that did nothing to stop her interest. Braeden decided to keep his mouth shut, because she would tell him when she was ready. In the meantime, Braeden started getting in trouble at school for 'disrupting class' and 'talking during tests.' It wasn't that he was trying to be a bad kid, he just couldn't help himself.

One night while he was being punished for getting in trouble his mother came in while he was crying. he was laying on his bed, but she couldn't see him, she could only hear him. This is how Braeden's ability was discovered, and his mother instantly told him he must be more careful and never tell anything. She couldn't bare the thought of her little boy being taken away by the government and killed because he had such a harmless ability as invisibility. And so he promised to never tell anyone, and tried to suppress his ability.

By the time he got to high school Braeden had discovered what he could do to keep himself busy: Carry around silly putty to play with instead of tapping his pencil, chew gum to keep his mouth busy, pretend to blow his nose when he couldn't stand sitting in his seat any longer. He got in a lot less trouble thanks to these tricks, and during his sophomore year he joined yearbook. That was also the year his sister came out of the closet, and from the very beginning he expressed his support for her. Because of this, despite their many differences, he and his sister now have a very strong bond.

Sadly, they didn't get to keep their bond for very long. On the night Braeden was visited b the future he went to wake his mom, and they went down to the living room to talk. He told her he was supposed to go somewhere, and she supported him fully- she felt more safe with her son going to a place where he would be accepted rather than just waiting for the day for someone to find out what he was. And so she helped him pack his backs and sent him on his way, telling his family he was accepted to a boarding school and left.[/spoili]

Dorm Room:
"It's simple, but I like it."
. [spoili]
5cc765cc16118c812e5060a344620ad4.jpg
[/spoili] .

Activities:
"I'm glad I can still be a part of newspaper here."
. Newspaper (Photographer) .

"Heh, I'm kind of a superhero myself, huh?"
. Videogames, Superheros, Dancing (even if he isn't any good at it), camping, stary nights, puns, wolves, Star Wars, kids, tea and supernatural movies .

Dislikes:
"Uncooked fish? No thanks."
. Rainy days, Thunder storms, Jocks, coffee, chick-flicks, shopping, sushi, silence and chocolate .

Strengths:
"I think being outgoing is a strength, isn't it?"
. Braeden is great with confrontation because he does not take everything directly to the heart. He is very determined and can mutli-task to get things done on time. He's very light on his feet, fast, and one of the most outgoing people you will ever meet. He appears to be fearless and is always brainstorming new fun things to do. Braeden has a knack for Magic tricks and Origami. He can also juggle and burp the alphabet. Lastly, he has a strong voice which is good for public speaking .

Weaknesses:
"I try not to broadcast my weaknesses."
. Because he is so friendly, Braeden tends to be over-talkative. He is also very forgetful, which leads to him procrastinating nearly everything. He is physically weak and has very poor balance. Also, Braeden can be very gullible. For the life of him, Braeden cannot sit still. It's a serious problem. He also does not have the hand-eye-coordination for any kind of sport. Braeden cannot cook anything beyond the complexity of mac and cheese, and he also had no musical talent. Lastly, Braeden cannot dance, but that doesn't mean he won't .

Habits:
"I've got a few, I guess."
. Randomly pokes people's noses and says, "Boop." .
. Will stop to pet any dog or cat .
. Rubs the back of his neck when he is nervous .
. Bites his lip when he gets angry, to keep from saying something mean .
. Usually shakes his leg when he sits .
. Taps his fingers often .

Relationships:
"Aren't friends an amazing thing?"
[spoili]
Love Interests:
. n .

Friends:
. n .

Enemies:

. n .

Neutral/Other:

. n .

Family:
Mother - Giovanna - Phone Operator [spoili]
large.gif
[/spoili]
Father- Reese - Fed Ex truck driver [spoili]
fdc1e4285aebb2339a6436652b40252a.jpg
[/spoili]
Twin Sister - Talia - Waitress at Applebees[spoili]
tumblr_inline_nbkctqy0Tg1r9pone.gif
[/spoili]
[/spoili]

Other:
"My mom won't tell us, but I'm pretty sure I'm the older twin."
. Drives a blue jeep .
. Country Music is his guilty pleasure .
. Has an iron man nightlight, which he stole from his sister before he left for Berkley .
. Keeps in touch with his family through email and text message .

[/bg]
[bg=#8c8484]"See, anytime a guy thinks he hasn't done anything wrong, he's definitely done something wrong."
[/bg]

@MarilynFae - Finished with all of my characters! Let me know what you think ♥ Oh, and I also changed a few of their activities! Hope you don't mind.

tumblr_nogegq0ZLh1uvvaeko1_540.gif

Name:
Samuel Gibson Fletcher

Nickname:
Sam (Commonly); Sammy; Sammy-Boy; Fletch

Sexuality:
Bisexual - Leans Towards Males

Birthday:
April 25th

Class:
12, Advanced Special Ability

Ability/Power:
Persuasion

Advantages - As long as he's looking someone in the eye, he can tell someone to do anything and they'd be compelled to do it.

Disadvantages - He has to be looking them in the eye, and they have to be able to hear him for it to fully work. If they have their eyes closed, he might be able to tempt them, but he can't full out 'control' them unless he's looking them in the eyes. If they can't hear him though, he's abilities do no work. The same would go if he were rendered without speech. It's also not mind control. He can't just fully control you, and he can't literally 'get in' your head. There is a chance you'd be able to fight it - but it's slim. It also doesn't matter if he meant it or not. If he says something to someone, and it even resembles a command, they'll do it. The person also has to understand what he's saying. He can't command a child to do something with large words, or tell a Russian person to do something while speaking English. At the moment, he can only control up to two people - which is still pretty taxing the longer he does it - and the more he uses his powers on someone, the more they build up an immunity, and the more force is needed until eventually he can't control that person at all.

(Like we talked about, it'll be obvious when he does use it - which will be rarely since he hates it, which will be explained lower down - and I'll make sure to ask first c;)

Appearance:
tumblr_inline_nt18bhTcqW1se33py_500.gif

Sam stands at 5''10', with messy blonde hair and deep, dark brown eyes.

Distinguishing Features:
None, other than a small scar on his right ear from a fist fight with a cat.

Personality:
¤ » Protective | Observant | Serious | Large-Hearted | 'Motherly' | Rational | Worry-Wart | Forgiving | Quiet | Amiable | Reliable | Tense | Careful « ¤​

Sam is a serious person, who isn't prone to crack jokes or sarcasm. He does know how to laugh, though it may not seem like it sometimes, since some jokes pass right over his head. He's an amazing friend, who's reliable and observant, forgiving - to a point, and protective. Once you become his friend, you 'fall under his wing' as his close family describes. He's a bit of a safety freak and a worry-wart, which extends to those that he cares about, making him 'motherly'. Being a very rational person, he usually thinks with his head, not his heart, and rarely makes an impulsive decision. Ever since his powers started up, he's had to be extremely careful with his words, forced to double-check what he's going to say, then triple-check, so that he doesn't hurt anyone. He normally stays quiet anyway, which is much easier. He's amiable, making friends easily. He's got a darkness though, one that he keeps hidden, and he hopes that if he denies it long enough, it'll go away. It doesn't come out often, and usually when it does, it comes out when he's alone. But overall, he's got a large heart who cares deeply about people - more so than himself sometimes. He'll do anything for the people he loves.

History:
Samuel was born to a loving family of five, as the youngest child. All his life he had older brothers and sisters to look at for him, as well as at the same time be the ones to torment him. He had a a fairly uneventful childhood. Had a girl friend for a couple of years, but when she cheated on him for the captain of the football team, he turned to his best friend. Who then turned out to be gay. Who also had a crush on him. Which was when Sam realized he was bi. They started going out and they were really in love and they were happy. Sure they had some shaking times - such as when Sam had to convince his parents that it was not a phase he was going through and that he wasn't gay. While his parents were supportive, his boyfriend's were not, and there were times when he had to crash at Sam's house. Everything was perfect in Sam's life, he even had perfect grades! Until that night, the night his powers manifested. At first he didn't realize it - it wasn't that noticeable. Sam was never a very sarcastic person, so he didn't go around saying things he didn't mean. But there was one night he got in a fight with James, his boyfriend, and he did say something he didn't mean. And James was found dead the next morning. He drowned himself in the river. Apparently the government had been keeping tabs on him, and by that point, they contacted him. Sam, who was distraught,couldn't say no when they asked to do tests 'for the good of science' but when he was tipped off in an email, about what the government really wanted to use his powers for, and what was really going on, he left and joined Berkeley. After doing some digging around on his own of course. It's easy to get answers when you can just... tell them to tell the truth. After that though, he's only used his powers when he had to.

Dorm Room:
Moose Hall, Room Two
[spoili]
modern-bedroom-from-ikea-designed-for-a-teenage-boy.jpg
[/spoili]

Activities:
Member of the Student Council
Member of the Music Club - Has a knack for the piano

Likes/Dislikes:
People
Friends
♥ Dark Chocolate
♥ Hugs
♥ Rational Thinking
♥ Cozy Things
♥ Holidays
♥ Crowds to Blend into
♥ Plans
♥ Journals
♥ Action Movies
♥ Thunderstorms
♥ Cuddles
♥ Staying Home
♥ Safety

❌ His Ability
❌ Hurting People
❌ Unfairness
❌ Fighting
❌ Impulsiveness
❌ Seeing Others in Danger
❌ Bananas
❌ Super Sunny Days
❌ Shopping
❌ Hating Others
❌ Broken Bones
❌ Movies with no Plot
❌ Glue
❌ Cameras
❌ Getting Wet

Strengths/Weaknesses:
+ Words: He has to be extremely careful with them, and he often uses articulate ways to express himself.
+ Thinking Before Doing: He's not one to be reckless, and is good at being rational about doing things, rather than impulsive.
+ Slow to Anger: He's got a super long fuse and an ocean of patience. But know that if you do happen to piss him off, you'll be in for a world of hell.
+ Dependable: If he makes a promise, he'll keep it. If you need a shoulder to lean on, he'll be your rock. He's always there for the people he cares about, and if he's not, you've caught him in a very rare mood. He's like an inflatable best friend, who will always listen, always stand by your side, and be there to slap you upside the head when you're being an idiot.
+ Comforting: He's careful with his words, and he's always been good at choosing the right words for comforting others. He also likes hugs, so that's a plus.
− His Power: He has a burning hate for it, and has no intention to use it, or learn more about it. He only came to Berkeley so he'd be out of the hands of the government, who'd want to use him for his persuasive words.
− Dark Side: Whether it came with his powers or not, he's got a little nagging voice in the back of his head, always urging him to use his powers. It's addicting, that exhilaration of knowing he can get someone to do anything he wanted. The nagging voice always has a good reason for using his power, a good excuse, and he fears he'll cave one day, the the urge.
− Overprotective: He can be a bit overprotective when it comes to the people he cares about, sometimes to the point of being possessive.
− Sports: Sam has horrible aim and hand-eye coordination. Endurance and strength are totally out for him as well.
− Shy: He has a slight nervousness towards interacting with other people, and tends to hang back from conversations.

Habits:
Squeals like a girl when he gets rained on, or otherwise wet with clothing on.
Stares at people creepily when he's thinking about them.
Hangs out with people, but during conversations, sometimes will just stand there, listening, while glancing back and forth between the people talking.
Bites his lip when he's trying not to smile, and when he's excited.

Relationships:
Love Interests
TBD
Friends
TBD
Neutral
TBD
Enemies
TBD
Family
Briana Fletcher - Mother - 57
Donald Fletcher - Father - 60
Gianna Fletcher - Oldest Sister - 29
Konrad Fletcher - Oldest Brother - 25
Danielle Fletcher - Older Sister - 21
Henry Fletcher - Older Brother - 19
Dylan Fletcher - Older Brother - 18

Other:
~ He's learning Latin so that when he's angry he can just curse in a mostly dead language so that no one can really understand him.

tumblr_ncosdrwvNk1saw8cmo1_500.gif

<3​

Last edited by a moderator:
@MarilynFae - Finished with all of my characters! Let me know what you think ♥ Oh, and I also changed a few of their activities! Hope you don't mind.
All of the abilities look great! I love your characters! They're always so fun to get to know and read about! The only thing I see is that the future would have visited them when they were babies and gave them their powers. They did not visit them again afterwards. They find Berkeley because the government starts to see these abilities as a threat and aim to capture the teenagers. So they all see some kind of trail that leads them to Berkeley, whether it be a small animals that they follow, a bright light they try to reach, or just a color of fog that they follow. Anything really, but the future only visits them as babies. Other than that, they look great! I am working on the dorms and updating them so I want to see which spots are open before I give you one and it be taken. Haha. So I will give the other three dorms in just a moment! ^^

I have a few rp's I have to reply to and then I will get Annabeth up! Then I will probably PM most of you about relationship propositions

Reactions: Brea and MarilynFae
Status
Not open for further replies.