1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern/realistic. Low fantasy. Low Scifi. Supernatural. Future Dystopia (not post-apoc).
Working Title...
Begalf

In the city of Begalf, there are Tweakers and there are Mechaniks. Tweakers are those who aim to change their body, modify it in any number of ways with the aid of technology known as Mechanix, advancing the transhuman movement. Mechaniks are the men and women who supply the tech and/or install it.
Tweaking your body in this way isn't illegal, but it is highly regulated and expensive. Because of this, the illegal counterparts market exists and flourishes.

A place encompassed with pollution dirty enough to block out the sky in a dense fog, Begalf is a dense city with an even denser population. Skyscrapers seem to extend up into oblivion.

The world runs on credits, a currency that is only digital and preloaded into plastic cards or microchips embedded into personal items. Many years ago, all the once-mythical creatures of adventures past came together in a melting pot and egged on the digital revolution. Humans exist, but so do elves, dragons, and whatever else you can imagine. Words such as mythological, medieval, and royal have all but been forgotten.

Tʜɪs ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ.

Characters

Lori-nobg.png
Lᴏʀɪ Lᴇɴᴛɪʟ
A human slowly turning into a dragon who steals money and mechanix in order to cover up his dragon parts. Also sort of a crazy dumbshit. More Info.

[Your character(s) here]

Original Idea
My character, Lori, is stealing money in order to buy parts from your character, who he has a somewhat longstanding relationship with [as a customer of your mechanix business]. YC keeps upping the cost of [Part of the day] and it's driving Lori mad. YC offers Lori a deal. If Lori will help YC steal [Thing YC really wants] YC will give Lori [metal appendage of the day].

This is the original idea, but feel free to just jump in and throw something crazy out there too, I guess.

Other info
- Mechanix is just another word for automail.

- I post anywhere from once a day to once a week. I average once every 2-3 days. I'd hope you would have a similar schedule.

- I prefer to plot over skype if you have it. My name is q.bornes (display name Vars). Please tell me you're from Iwaku in your contact request or I won't add you. (Alternatively, just PM me your skype info and I'll add you instead).
This is not a requirement.

- No sex in this rp. Also no romance preferred.

- Your character can be any fantasy race (including plain old human) or sex.

- On the off-chance more than one person replies here at approximately the same time, we can make it a small group rp.

Last edited:
JerkCorner.png

"Lori Lentil. is that the name you go by these days?"

The man referenced could hardly be called such. Once human, he was now a varied assortment of red scaley dragon parts and mechanix. Red-tinted goggles covered his eyes, and his white "hair" was comprised of all feathers, a yellow scarf wrapped around his head in a pitiful attempt to hide it. Protruding out from his skull were two red horns, marking him as a dragonkin even though he had not been born such. His right arm was human and his left was automail. Both arms had been handcuffed together behind him, the back of a chair separating his arms from his his torso, which was clad in a bright red and gold vest that did fuckall of keeping him hidden from situations such as this.

Nevertheless, here he was, the scarf around his neck left dangling on the floor from its length, hopelessly entangled between his arms, making the situation that much more uncomfortable.

The man at the other side of the table Lori was forced to sit at was half mechanix himself. But unlike Lori, that man's mechanix were completely legal. Lori's were street-bought, one of the reasons he was here today.

"Funny," the other man, dressed in a black suit stated, "I would've thought you would be the talkative type."

It was then that Lori's huge, human mouth spread into a grin. His teeth were littered with plaque and stains, his breath stinking as he exhaled once. Then twice, a snort coming from him.
And he laughed.

"Why talk to you? You know me for all of five minutes!"

Lori threw himself backward, landing on his arms. Still laughing, of course. Lori wasn't immune to pain, but with his skin thicker than a normal human's, and half of his upper body being conveniently metal, it wasn't as if he had much pain to worry about.

Once he was on the ground, he kicked his right, and entirely dragon, foot up and into the table, shoving it into the other man. While the agent was pre-occupied with that, Lori's automail left hand began to heat up to a temperature hot enough to melt the handcuffs. In the process, he burned his human hand and melted part of his scarf, but hey, Lori was ready to take some losses.

After his arms were freed, he jumped up and roundhouse kicked the cop again with his dragon leg once more before running out of the room.
Lori wasn't in this to kill people, no. Just steal shit and run. The more he ran, the more fun the game became. It wasn't as if Lori kept a low profile. But then again, in a city of 300 million people, nobody really expected to be able to find anyone else very often.

Which was part of the reason, after Lori had punched out a window on the 50th floor, he turned around and stuck out his tongue before leaving.

"So long, suckers! Neh!"

And off he jumped, scarf flailing behind him.

Lori wasn't exactly the most mentally stable person on the planet.

Surrounded by fog, he began coughing. He hadn't expected to be blindsided by toxic air. Despite how confident he was in himself, he'd never jumped out of a building before. A brief moment of panic flushed to the forefront of his mind before he started digging in his satchel for some sort of.. Something.. so he could stop his fall. Perhaps he hadn't thought this completely through.
No.
No he didn't, and now he was quickly falling to his death. Fuck.

Down below, he could see a fire escape. Screw it, he thought to himself, and reached out for it, grabbing the railing with his automail arm and hoping it'd break his fall. The stairwell instead unbuckled from the wall it had been attached to and ripped from the side of the building, but not before the joints in the mechanical arm pulled too taught and popped.

By this time, his fall was significantly slowing, and his chances of surviving were exponentially rising. However, he was quickly realizing he wasn't going to come out of this one unscathed.
His automail fingers still being able to grip, he threw himself at more and more iron pieces in hopes that one of them would prevent his body from splooging all over the pavement found at ground level.

The long story short is, it never did, and he wound up on his back with a totally gimp mechanix arm and a brutal headache with a very, very gnarled iron fire escape beside him.

BUT AT LEAST HE LOST THE COPS.
Lori considered it a win!

"Ow."

After giving himself about five minutes to recover, he let out a swift exhalation and pushed any of the debris on top of him away from himself with his human hand. The police were going to exit the bottom of the building at any minute, and he needed to be out of here before then.

With a groan, he pushed himself up. Once he was standing, he bent back over to pick up the few credits that had evicted themselves from his satchel in order to occupy the ground. Placing them back where they belonged, in the several seconds that passed, he realized how truly annoying it was to only have the ability to use one arm. His left and mechanical one was limp at his side and would no longer respond. Not even the fingers.

He snorted and quickly ran off into the distance, covering the urban sprawl. The unevenness in his footing was just as annoying as his dead arm. Over the past several weeks, his right leg had been morphing from human to that of a dragon. The other day, he finally had become unable to wear a shoe. He'd been stealing credits in order to pay off his Mechanik for a new leg. His mechanik, however, happened to be somewhat of an asshole about the price of said limb.

But that was neither here nor there. Now he couldn't even get the leg. He had to repair the arm, first. So it should've come as no surprise that his next stop was the mechanik's door, banging on it with his human fist.

"Yo! Let me in before I kick it in for you!" Lori taunted.

He liked to joke. Of course who knew if anyone other then himself found his humor funny. But on top of that, he was a bit anxious. He didn't want to be on the streets right now. That anxiety inadvertently showed itself through his nonhuman, red and white fluffy ears. A bit like a rabbit's, they twitched and tilted toward every suspicious sound.

Lori hated them, but he couldn't deny they were superior to his previous human set. Even despite the red scales on his face leading up to them.

If this isn't picked up by 7 July 2017, consider the RP closed. If you're interested in joining AFTER 7 July, PM me first to make sure I can still dedicate time to it.

Last edited: