Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MagusOfTheScales

Original poster
cities-of-the-future-modern.jpg

At some point in a planet's lifetime it will eventually die. It's stars will go dim or explode, the grass will curl up; brown and decayed, and all life will begin to perish. Many races across the galaxy choose to leave their planets at this time, some will surrender themselves to fate and let ruin swallow their world. Bellanovans chose a different approach, and fought to protect themselves from creeping decay. Scientist toiled to work around their dimming sun, creating devices to make light, technology to artificially replace the air, and whatever challenge that came their way was met. Bellanova continued to thrive long after their star barely shined. Their technology was so advanced the residents lived right along with sentient androids, lived artificially long life times, and caused them to become one of the many planets known for absolutely stellar gadgetry to advance life elsewhere.

Sci-Fi-Daryl-Mandryk-Anomaly-Robots-992x515.jpg

Death does not like to be escaped, however, and practitioners of magic began to notice the powers of darkness edging at their world. The forbidden art of necromancy rose among the ranks of the immoral warlocks, adapting itself to the rich technology of the world and creating monstrosities of death and machinery. Known as Virals, cyborgs of almost eldritch affinity were created from this evil, and wrought destruction upon Bellanova. These necromancers and their abominations waged war on the planet, seeking to claim it for the death that was evaded. Devouring machine and flesh alike, they added to their ranks, infecting the world with a sickness that would surely destroy it.

24f233fd75c5ae14da7468c960e7fb98-d7fwm5y.png

Desperate to keep their world alive, leading scientists combined their focus with the remaining good in the magical community to create marvels of cyber technology. In contrast to the eldritch sickness creeping upon the world, the sleek and shining exoskeletons of the Vaccine came upon the world. Casting light and judgement on the Virals, Vaccines brought a defense system against the abominations. Spearheaded by the world's government, they brought order back to the planet… or so they thought.

Extra Info:
This RP is going to focus on the fight between the Virals and the Vaccine. Players will be able to join one of the two sides, to either stand on the side of perceived fate or to strive to survive and let life flourish for as long as it can. Being set in a science-fiction universe yet with elements of a fantasy setting, this roleplay allows for most anything to happen. Players can take on the roles of the humans native to Bellanova, the machines and androids being used to wage war, or a member of an alien race; seeking only to aid in the fight.

All players will find themselves on either side of a battlegrounds in the war, a city under the name of Pleroma, the capitol of the world. Half the city has been plunged into darkness by the Virals, the other half being held stalwart by the vaccine. Trapped from all sides by the Vaccine, the Viral begin the build up to a hail-mary in order to cause mass chaos and overtake Bellanova's greatest stronghold.
Those on the side of the Viral will start by finding their place in the attack coming in 3 months, while those on the side of the Vaccine will be running around the A.V.C.C. (Anti Viral Command Center) strengthening their defense and preparing for any surprises

I'll be looking to have at least 5 other people show interest, and an even spread among the two faction, before I begin. I'll allow for suggestions in world building, and try and make it a team effort after I lay down the framework if you choose to take interest. I'm also expecting people who are adept with their writing and can offer the work and drive needed to keep this thing alive.

I applaud your creativity, it seems like you definitely put the time and effort to craft a well thought out story and universe. I'll definitely put down some tentative interest.

I applaud your creativity, it seems like you definitely put the time and effort to craft a well thought out story and universe. I'll definitely put down some tentative interest.
Thanks! I've been working on this in my brain for months. I just wrote down something to garner interestm loads more info to come :3

Looks like I might have to give more information...

I think what you gave it fine, just give it a few more days. Sometimes it takes time for an RP to gain interest.

Scifi can have a hard time taking off. This certainly looks interesting, though. Very interesting setting, probably some transhuman or posthuman technology levels, potential for all manner of fun going nuts with tech and so-on. And I can probably scratch whatever itch is associated with playing cute robot girls. Yes, I am that sort of scum.

• Love
Reactions: MagusOfTheScales
Scifi can have a hard time taking off. This certainly looks interesting, though. Very interesting setting, probably some transhuman or posthuman technology levels, potential for all manner of fun going nuts with tech and so-on. And I can probably scratch whatever itch is associated with playing cute robot girls. Yes, I am that sort of scum.

Roughly 2/3 of the population has some sort of circuitry in their bodies, half that number are pure robotics.

Excellent. I'm reminded a bit of things like Eclipse Phase, or pretty much anything Tsutomu Nihei's done (notably Blame!).

I'm not sure what else to ramble about, but it's definitely a neat idea. I'd probably go on the side of Vaccine, though I'm also assuming it's not quite good/evil as far as a dichotomy goes. So, I'd have to see, there's probably plenty of fun to be had either way.

Adding one to the list of interested people. I really want to play a character who would matter in the grand scheme of things.

Also, like R-9, I am a sucker for cute mecha girls.

• Love
Reactions: MagusOfTheScales
May I suggest for you to put an Ad to gather interest for the RP, @SweetPrince ?

ooooh =3 i like this idea, and id be willing to participate, and check out the ooc

Interested! However, I will say that I will be rather occupied until April 7th. After that, I will be around much more often!

I'm hoping to start work on the OOC over the weekend guys.

Hello! I'm interested too -- are you still accepting sign-ups?

We're still waiting on the sign-ups and OOC proper, so you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.