Believe in Us

Serl sighed, realizing that girls was becoming quite a focus for issues... Issues with men the most... She must be really pretty, thought Serl. He gave a couple of steps forwards, and without too much effort, he made the ground beneath their feet tremble, making the old man and Alex fall to the floor. Before none of them could react, roots appeared from beneath the earth and tied the old man to the ground. Calmly, Serl walked next to them and helped Alex get up. "You are quite a trouble maker, friend."

she laughed awkwardly. "ya... this has never happened before... maybe because my father keep me inside.." the older man was trying to get free yelling "hey let me outta here dammit i was just having some fun! jezzz blind guy cant take a joke or something god! hey!!! hellooooooooo!!! over here? I WAS TRYING TO HELP DAMN YOU!!!! " Alex got to her feet and looked down. "sorry...." and she stood there. then realizing what the man had said her head fly up and she said "huh?"

Serl looked at the man. "Help? And how are your acts supposed to help us, old man?" Asked him in a really peaceful tone. "And measure your words or I may let you there, tied to the ground and leave."

the man stopped stared at serl and opened his mouth " your looking for stuff right? something old or a object?" he asked and then looked at the bag he was carrying and went to reach for it realizing he couldn't "ummmm guys help me out here?..."

Serl got to the bag and grabbed it. "And who told you we were looking for something?" Asked him tightening the grip on him. "Or if it was an object in the first place?" Because as far as they know it could be anything, but most assured it wasn't what that man had in his bag. Witch would be the chances of that weak old man having one of the best hidden and best protected items in this world? "You know what I think, stranger? I think you are just trying to get away unpunished."

alex walked over to serl and tapped his arm an turned around and looked at her and she held her hand out for the bag, he handed her the bag and watched her go through it. the man laughted " know what would i do that when i have that" and he pointed at the small shell in alexs hand that was glowing.

As soon as Serl noticed the mild power emanating from the shell he grabbed it and kind of looked at it. That little object wasn't as powerful as the ones in the book described, but it was indeed magic. But not good, not good at all. The power Serl could feel was corrupt and evil. "Look away, Alex." Said Serl as he got close to the old man and punched him in the face, so hard that a few teeth came out of his mouth. Having him still tied, Serl pushed his face against the ground and showed him the object. "Where. Did. You. Get. This." Nothing made Serl more angry than magic used for evil purposes.

Alex screamed "STOP IT SERL!!!!" and she jumped in front of him and tried pushing him back at the same time telling him he could have just hit him for no reason. the man spat some blood and looked at Serl shocked. "woooow nice punch.... but that's not mine nor am i using it for evil. i know of you because i was snapping through the church and over heard you guys and followed you thus far...." he moved his mouth around some and winced. "fuck i thing you broke something... anyways i followed you and i think shes cute. that object there is something i stole from my old man. he wont miss it it killed what he loved most. " and he looked away sad then quickly regained his composure. "please let me go I'm sorry I've been rude and mean and..." he looked at ales sadly. " and I've never seen anything like you before ..... I;m sorry i took your first kiss and I'm sorry I've caused you so much trouble but i wanna come and help." he was looking at Serl know with a pleading face.

"Evil? Who said anything about evil?" Asked Serl as he grabbed the small piece of magic and closed his hands around it. Then he muttered some words in a long lost language and the small shell stopped glowing. "I tried to be good and I've been fooled again, and again. But here I am again, being kind once more. And you took profit of that... Or at least thought you could." Then Serl looked at Alex and sighed. "But it seems that some of us still refuse to realize how you really are." Said him as the roots disappeared under the ground, setting the man free. "You know, when I accepted you to come with me, I did it because I thought you would be actually useful. But I'm starting to have doubts about it..." Said Serl looking at Alex.

she looked sad. she felt she had to say sorry but when she tried to open her mouth nothing come out. she closed her mouth again and let go of Serl looking down at the ground. "...." she turned and walked over to the man and helped him up. he said thank you and bowed in respect. " i really am not such a bad guy. I'm also very surely and most sincerely sorry. i could understand if you didn't want me to follow you anymore and will leave without a second thought if you wanted me to.. but i think i could be of some help to you.. not just protection .. though i don't think I'm useful there know... but in helping you find what your looking for.. i can see the object... the "special" things you guys are looking for..." he was looking much more manly and less of a threat then ever. though Alex after helping him up walked over and sat in some hay. from there she asked " whats your name " in a low tone and quite like. the man replied " jack....knight....smith.."

"I'm blind, not dumb, Jack." Said Serl. "If you desire it that much, you can come with us. But realize that you didn't started too well, so you better improve from now on, and don't try anything stupid. Next time I swear I will let you tied to the ground." said Serl being aggressively nice. But what can someone expect? He was half monk, and so, he was good. But nothing ever told him he had to be always nice. "I hope your skills prove to be of use now, Alex." Said him.

she was confused "huh? what do you mean?" she looked up at him but then back down quickly feeling as though she was a child that had been bad. was Serl mad at her? she couldn't tell. the look on his face was mad but not, so she just keep looking down. jack held back on the talking only nodding when talked to or answered when needed.

"You told me you were good reading people? Knowing how they felt?" Said Serl looking at Alex. "You better be good at it because you are going to take care of him, not me." Said him pointing at Jack. But before Jack could reply with all that 'I'm not a kid' or 'I know how to take care of myself' things, Serl interrupted. "Consider yourself lucky; you wanted to be around her, right? Well, now you are going to have her around you all day. But that doesn't mean you can stop being nice with her. Understood?" Said him. That could be far from a real punishment, but it will do the job. And it would be fun too, thought Serl with a smile. "Now let's go, let's try to find some place to rest for the night. Its getting cold out here."

Alex was shocked. she didn't think he was mad but didn't expect this.she was a good judge of character. she had a good feeling about jack but at the same time was worried on how Serl and jack would do together. she wonder how he'd do if jack kissed her again and if Serl liked her.or if jack was telling the truth about liking her. it made her blush to even think of it and the kiss again. so she smiled then giggled blushing still. "OK lets go!" and she took jack and Serls hands pulling them along.

Serl raised a eyebrow and let Alex drag him. That girl was indeed crazy, thought him smiling. They walked for quite a while, seeing how the sun finally disappeared behind the horizon and the stars began to appear. "Ehmm... Friend? Where are you leading us?" Asked Serl.

Alex stopped and turned around 'huh? i.... I'm not sure.. i thought you'd stop me when you knew" " oh come on!" jack yelled " we've been walking for hours!!! your cute and all but damn! how stupid can you get!" raven sighed know he was right and she felt bad for not stopping and asking first but still. "im sorry" she said sadly

Serl sighed. "This way we are going nowhere fast. Tomorrow I will lead and you both will follow, because I'm starting to get annoyed by all this time wasting." Said him. "Let's sleep just right here." Ordered him, but they where just in the middle of a plain field. Serl made a move with the arms, and moving his right foot forward, two blocks of stone appeared from inside the ground and formed a small tent. Then he crawled into the stone tent and sat inside. "Have a good night." And with those words he closed himself onto the tent by adding a couple more of stone blocks on the entrances. He wasn't angry, but neither was pleased on how the things had started, and so, he wanted to be alone now to meditate and rest.

Alex frowned "that's so mean" she pouted look at the tent made of stone then plopped down on the ground where she stood. "so ... know what want to cuddle?" jack asked with a grin crouching down next to her still smiling. Alex blush and shivered from the cold and the feeling she got when he smile. "whaa? th....that... eh?!" she blushed as he moved closer. she blush brighter. he suddenly moved away fast. finding some dead grass and laying in a bed like way. moving fast he made a bed and blanket like things. "what are you doing?" Alex asked confused watching him walk over to her holding out his hand. "being nice take my hand" "no?" jack moved fast picking Alex up. "WHAA!" he put her over his shoulder and walked over to the grass bed and blankets. placing her down nicely and covering her with a blanket. then went and laid in his own. "thank you...." she whispered and shivered. he turned to her."is that not enough?" "huh?" she asked. "that" he pointed to the hand made blanket "is it not enough?" he had a serious face and looked concerned. she smiled "yes I'm fine" though she couldn't hid the shivers.

the next thing that came next she didn't expect. Alex had turned the other way so as to not look at him in the eye and lie. it was bad enough lying. but a moment after she heard him move and come closer making her freeze. he rapped his arms around her and molded his body to hers trying his hardest not to get slap for was he was doing. "wha? what a.. re you doing?" Alex asked turning her head to look at his blushing. he looked stern in what he choose to do here. "I'm warming you up?" he said with a grin. "know go to sleep" and he moved to kiss her forehead and snuggled into her back to go to sleep. she blushed and turned around excepting the fact. and dosing off herself into the daze dark warm feeling she got for Jake behind her.

The next morning finally came, and as the first birds began to sing, Serl woke up, and making the stone tend disappear under the ground he stretched. The sun was barely peeking over the mountains when Serl was up and ready to go. Something that couldn't be said about Alex and that guy who had joined them the other day. Someone who Serl still didn't trusted too much. "Come on, couple. Get up, is time to move." Said him trying to wake them up.

Alex wince in the morning light and tried to get up but found it hard to move in the arms of sleeping jack. when she looked up at him he smile eyes still closed and said "its not plight to stare at people sleeping" Alex blushed frowning. "i have to get up we have to leave know come on" she waited for a response she wanted but didn't get. "no i want to sleep a little longer~" Jake wined. Alex was getting annoyed and decided to try and get up despite then man. this ended with Alex underneath Jake and them both staring at each other. "oh shit sorry Jake hurried to get up off of Alex and Alex curled into a ball but then slowly got up. "mhm" she muttered. "no really though I'm not good with mornings and i tend to not behave... I'm really sorry we can go know" and he graded him things got dress and was ready. with Alex and serl waiting for him. "alright ready" and they headed out.