Believe in Us

Serl got up, and after seeing what was happening he stepped in between both of them and stopped the situation from develop any further. " What about if you back down and you got to keep your teeth?" Said Serl not only analyzing his opponent, but also doing so with his whole environment, knowing where every chair, table and bottle where. And of course, ready to fulfill his threat if that was required.

the older man grinned his teeth and was ready to fight. this was getting scary and Alex normally was a happy not harmful person. she was nervous and scared and didn't realize it but wrapped her hands around serl's arm. the older man noticed the fact that serl was blind and laughed. "as if id hit a blind boy who couldn't passably fight me in that state ahhhahha sorry but no. know if you'd just leave me and the lady to a conversation that'd be better, know run long BOY!" he slew and spate. Alex wrapped tighter around serls are worried he'd bit off the other mans head. she believe if they fought that the man would be dead in seconds. something told her so. so slowly she pulled slightly and not talking her eyes off him she spoke his name. "serl?..."

Serl gently took Alex aside, not even looking at her. "I found no joy in this. Believe me." Said Serl like if he was looking the man straight into the soul. Being so close to him reduced all the magic movements he could do freely. But magic wasn't his only trick. At almost blinding speed, Serl put his right feet next to the old man left one, at the same time, Serl grabbed his enemy's left arm and hit his jawbone with his elbow. Years of strict practice and training made that hit as hard as if it was done with a mace, and so, he broke the old man's jaw. A last hit, again with the elbow, in his stomach, and gently releasing his arm, the old man fell to the floor, and as Serl said, with a few teeth less.

"May 'Siha' forgive me." Muttered Serl, with his hands together like if he was praying, mildly bowing in front of the fainted old man.

Alex stood there not realizing serl had moved from her hold or what happened till it was over and she screeched when she did realize. she didn't like to fight so she got mad right after and then scared. emotions flew through her. she made little whimpers as she had a flash back of her childhood. of the uncle that beat her and how her father had had to kill him to get him off.she feel to the floor in panic and stared at the beat up man.

Serl 'looked' around him, he noticed everyone looking at them, but everyone way to afraid to intervene. Then Serl offered his hand to Alex. "We should go, friend." Said him. She was noticeable affected by something that escaped from Serl's comprehension, but right now, right there wasn't the time to talk about it, most assured someone would alert the guards any minute now and trying to talk to those people... Let's just say the guards were quite stubborn and not given to talk too much.

at first Alex didn't hear him and then slowly it downed on her he was talk TO her. she shake. but placed her hand in his and slowly got up it was hard for her to think or walk. she managed to get up and follow him.

Serl noticed her sudden weakness and helped her walk out of that place and to a near park. Gently leaving her in a bench, he looked around and made sure nothing was following them, then he sat next to her in the bench, just under a tree which offered them a neat shadow and the fresh sound of the leaves dancing with each other at the rhythm of the wind. "Are you feeling better?" Asked Serl. "What happened, if I may ask."

she sat there and thought, still shaking and scared. "i..... don't really like fighting... " she winced at the next flash back that rushed at her "my uncle wasn't.....very nice and he...was a man of science...." she remember how he'd look at her when she was younger. like she was useful. and one day that's what he told her. the flash backs slowed and she told him her store. " he liked to watch how i acted and what id do to siren things. he'd pull candy out and watch the way i acted. he'd pull toys and stuff children would like out and watch what'd i do. ..." she paused. "then one day it turned into knifes and burning me to watch how id scream... one day my dad found out and got so mad....he killed him... "

"The ghosts of the past haunts you. Don't be fooled; people might say that they are stronger because they faced those ghosts, but that's just a way to hide the truth. And the truth is that is the one who learns how to live with those ghosts and to understand them the one who is really strong. Strong of soul and heart." Explained Serl. "And if some day you need help with that, I'll be more than glad to help you, my friend."

Alex stared for a moment. was he trying to help her out? she never understood half of whatever he said and this time she just had to tell him. "do you ever just say anything out right? you always have an odd way of saying things" she giggle "jezz i think i understand ... your saying your there for me if i need it right?" she smiled trying not to be ruled though she knows thats what it sounded like.

Serl laughed. He couldn't avoid it. "Friend, you are still young, and with time, I hope you will understand what I'm saying. But for now, yes. I mean I'm here to help you. But remember; One can only receive help if one is really willing to let the others help." Said him. "But hey, that may just be another of my odd ways of saying things." Said him jokingly. The he got up and smiled. "Com eon, the sun of the noon is great to travel on this time of the year." Explained him offering her his hand. "Ready to begin our quest?"

she looked up with a new and hard look on things he was right and he seemed like the type to understand a lot and seemed very wise so she let him in easy and with a strong heart, she nodded and placed her hand in his "yes lets begin" and she got up. with a new and clear look on things, she would begin this quest with open arms and a good clear out look on things.

Serl smiled and began to walk next to her. It was quite easy to get out of the city, fortunately or unfortunately, the plague had all the guards really busy and Both Alex and Serl could made it outside without having to answer too many questions. Once outside, the world seemed not to care about the plague; little birds sang beautiful songs under the light of the day, the plants grow strong and happy and the trees on the woods offered shadow to those who ventured to travel those days. "So, how do you feel about sleeping on the open?" Asked Serl, knowing that many would be the times they would have to do so.

"hmm? you mean sleep outside?" Alex looked up. "i don't think its the best but as long as we have a good view of the sky i should be fine" she smiled at him. she like the outdoors. she wouldn't mind sleeping outside for a little. " so how long do you think till dark?" she looked up at the sky longing.

"Five hours. Maybe six." Said him, returning her the smile. And it was as he said, about five hours later the sun was about to set, and their tired feet most assured were about to give up. "Mmmm.... You smell that?" Asked Serl, and a few meters later a inn could be seen drawn in the distance, just next to the road. "Looks like we are lucky. No outside sleeping today." Said Serl.

Once they got to the inn, there was a woman and other three guys next to the entrance of the inn. The guys seemed to be about to fight against the single woman, but to be fair, the woman was encouraging them to do so. "What? Are you going to attack or what? Come on! Are you afraid of a single girl?" Was what she was saying. The balance of the fight don't looked right. But neither the behavior of the girl. Serl gave a step to stop the inevitable fight, but then remembered he wasn't alone in this journey, so he stopped and looked at Alex.

Alex step in front and keep walking trowed the girl pushing the man aside. "what do you think your doing here" she said grading the girl by the collar and having the girl look her in the eyes. 'jezz all little girls are the same at this age... to willing to fight.. not knowing what comes next'. the girl still in her grip and staring mad back at Alex not intimidated by the anger in the girls eyes Alex stayed cool and calm faced. and asked again only with more force and slower word for word. "what. do. you. think. your. doing?."

"Uuuu... Girls fight!" Said one of the men. "Yeah! Come on! Strip her out of her clothes!" Yelled the other one. The girl got rid of Alex grip rather clumsy and pushed her back. With strength, but maybe not with enough strength to actually beat those three guys. "I do what I want! And who do you think you are? Leave me alone!" Said the girl. Serl looked closely, by the looks of it, that could get out of hand easily, but for everything was cool enough to let Alex do and then see how she developed in a situation like that one. And she was doing pretty well.

Alex stubble back slightly and got mad at the man behind her. 'there not helping, lets get rid of them" and so she turns and kicked, not the man, not the girl but the air closest to one of them. she thought he might be the leader. 'ahah made ya stop laughing! know what!? huh!?' "if you have anything left to say let my foot answer the question. also i think this is a good time for you to run or get outta here before this girl kicks your ass" and she nodded her head to the door. two ran, though the one she aimed for stayed. he didn't look happy and he had a mad look on his face. then suddenly he graded her foot and she found spun around and full on the lips kissing him. to shocked to move eyes wide she stood there motionless and kissing on the lips! some man she didn't know.

Serl looked how the whole situation developed, but he stood amazed by how the things turned to end. "Girl, looks like you got and admirer, Alex." Said him jokingly as he got close to the guy. "Come on, man. Leave with your friends now that you still got a chande to leave unharmed... And with a gorgeous girl's kiss." Said Serl as he took that guy off Alex.

Alex fall to the ground"...... th.." she sat there shocked still as she slowly looked up at the man "...that......wha?.." then she placed her hands at her lips more shock went through her and then angry for her first kiss was stolen. she looked up at serl with furry in her eyes "............SERL KILL HIM!"