Believe in Us

Serl smiled. "Okay, okay, friend. I just wanted to be sure of how committed you were to this task. I see you are really into it." Said him, kind of proud of his new friend. "And it's good to know that you are, and that your words spoke honesty. Now, we should plot a course for our journey. I don't think running around asking how to find a cure brings any result." said Serl jokingly. "So, how much of my conversation with the High Priestress did you overheard?" Asked him a little bit more serious.

Alex giggled at his joke. she liked him he made things less.... frightening. she smiled at him "only all of it" but then her smile faded she felt bad know that she thought about it "sorry i didnt mean to i just didnt have anyone to help and i heard about a hansom man that was to be around at the time and you seemed like the guy...." she stopped thinking about how she sounded.

Saerl smiled. "Well, thank you, I didn't knew I was so handsome." Said him jokingly. "Anyway, since you already oveheard our conversation I'm sure you are aware of what should we look for, right?" Asked him. "Now, the thing is that I don't really know where should we look for those things.... I don't even know what those things are in the first place." Said Serl.

she giggle and blushed some "ahahahha ya your not bad looking" she thought a moment. 'where would people hid a cure to any ailment, ....' she thought a moment "how about somewhere close? something we hadn't thought of? like a place that's famous or a well none place?" looking at serl she had another thought " OR COULD IT BE A PERSON?....AN ANIMAL? does it have to be an object?" she went quite and looked off thinking. before she could stop herself she wonder about life...if there was a cure for everything then... why had people hidden it? why had this person decided everyone's fate for himself?....was what they doing any better?

Serl thought about for a while. "I didn't thought about it that way... but yes, I guess the objects could be animals or persons... But if they were returned to their places of origin, and those 'objects' are ancient... Then wouldn't be dead if they were organic?" Asked Serl. "My guess is that the objecs are, with no doubt, objects. And not some simple objects since they wouldn't require of being hidden then." Said him, starting to wonder and guesing. "And the places where those items are... If I was the one who had to hide them... I definitely would put them in a dangerous and hard to find place. In fact, in the book the priestress gave to us, it explains the story of a traveler, right? It explains many places he had been in; The highest and coldest mountains. The largest desserts and the abyss of the great constructions that lay built in there. The oceans, white sands and transparent seas." Said him. "What I ask to myself, why does it say where he was? I think those sentences tell us the places where he found the objects."

Alex got quite and took a minute to look around again. after a moment she spoke. "really? hmm true that might be the clues we need how about we look at it together?" she smiled and crossed her hands on her lap as her thoughts went nuts in her mind. 'what kinda of book was it? could it hold more then just the secrets to a cure to everything? what would it be written in? what langue? could we also read it?' she snapped out of it a second later. "and then after that if that's are theory. wheres the book."

Serl nodded and put the ancient book on the table. "By the tone the Priestress used I think is written in latin. But I'm not sure of it." Said him with a smile. "But what I can say by the touch of it; It was written really, really long ago." Said him.

The book was just a journal written by the ancient ones, explaining in a really vague way how they meet with the nameless traveler, how he proved to be in posession of three unidentified items of great power, and how he died a couple of days later, not knowing of the real power of the items he had. It explained how the ancient ones studied those misterious items and realized what they did. Knowing that such power was not meant to fall in mortal hands they returned those items to their places of origin, the places the traveler had told many stories about, but none of them where really specified. The ancient ones had been really thorough not leaving too many clues for other people to find easily.

"that's true" she went quite not really looking at serl but past him. "hmmmm well then lets take a look at the book and fine out." but then she stopped and looked at him. like she had woken up. "but before we do any of that id like to get to know you better." her nose twitched as though there was a secret behind all this " would you mind telling me a bit about yourself and then we can get to know each other. sorry i just need to know i can trust you." she close her eyes smiling.

Serl chuckled. "Well, I have the feeling I should ask you that, since you are the one who want's to follow me. But is all right I don't mind telling about myself." Said him still smiling. "I'm a monk, I come from distant mountains, from a place where not even the clouds dare to reach. I was born blind, and even if my stars told me to be a priest for my people, I decided to use my powers to learn both healing magic and earth magic. Thanks to that I'm now able to 'see' as long as one part of my body is on solid ground." Explained him. "You were courious about how I was able to see, right? There you have your answer." Said him with a warm smile.

she blinked amazed "wow really? that's soo ...." her face went from shock to excited in seconds and she moved closer across the table. "cool so can you like see me?" she jumped around like a child and giggled loving the fact that she had a new friend. she wondered were they'd go and how they get there, who would they met? would they get hurt ? was this dangerous? but even as she thought she looked as though she had not but one care in the world

Serl laughed. "No, I can't see as you understand the sight, but I know who you are by how you walk, talk or breathe. I'm unable to know if you are blond, redheaded or brunette. If you have your nails pained or what color your dress is. All of that are clues for me. But in the other side, I know that there is a drunk men in the counter, I know that the bartender is eager to go home and that two men just left the tavern." Said him not even looking to those places. Then he smiled. "So, where should we go next then?"

"hmmmm im not sure lets see" she looks at the book. flipping though the page, looking though . though she didn't get far. pointing to the page she asked "whats this say" looking up at you her eyes glow with curiously and wonder. though she seemed like the kinda girl that would kill anyone she was quite nice and harmless. the men in the bar looked discreetly at her so they wouldn't be caught.

Serl chuckled and faced her. "Really, you plan me to read something." Asked him with a smile. "I may be able to perceive the world around me, but I'm still blind. Remember?" Said him jokingly. "You say me what does it say and I may be able to translate it." Said him.

She made an oh face and readied ...tried to read the words back to him. She stammered and didn't do great but made it through. She hoped he could understand cause she couldn't.

He nodded, unable to hold a couple of smiles due to her proninciation. "The traveler showed us the solution of the puzzle that the mistic items were for us. And was then when we all realized that power were never meant to be in human hands." Said him, translating the best he could her words. "Well, at least that's how I think it goes." Said him with a smile. "Mmmmm... That wasn't of much use, right?"

she frowned sadly and shook her head "no and it didn't say much to begin with.....do you think this could be useless?" she felt an odd feeling wash over her. kinda like a strong power that was telling he none of this could ever be fake or a dream. of any sort.

"Well, nothing is ever entirely useless... But I'm afraid right now we won't get anything else from this book. But, hey, what we got is already quite a bit, right?" Said him with a positive smile. "Now we just need to figure out where the traveler came from or where did he went." Said him. Serl leaned on the chair and took a deep breath, allowing himself to start all over again in his thoughts. "Who came from the highest and coldest mountains...." Muttered him. "That's definitely a place... But where?"

Alex bit her lip thinking. she wont's sure how this was going going to go... what if they didn't find anything after all this? were would they be then?...where would the world be?..where would the world be// "hmmm well maybe its a riddle?" she had thought about it and it seemed possible. that this whole thing could be a messed up game that a man of great knowing made so no one would ever find it. the cure...she was having her dough's.

Serl nodded. "Yes, a riddle indeed..." Muttered him. "I have an idea. Since we are unable to even understand half of the book, why don't we go to the magicians guild? Is quite far from here, but at least, I know where it is." Said him jokingly. "The elder mages in there should be able to help us... What do you think?" Asked him a little bit more brisk now that they seemed to have a place to start.

she smiled and nodded "yea you led the way" she slowly got up and pushed her chair in bumping someone though not meaning to. "hey watch were you going you idiot! don't you know people need to walk here!" a older man blow as he turned to look at her and when he did he stopped and looked. Alex was quick to reply knowing how men are in these kinds of places. "oh! so sorry sir ill remember that next time. Im so very sorry she almost said it to fast and took a deep breath after forgetting to breath. " oh, no, no, no, its so very fine young lady" the man said leaning down toward her. Alex looked up at him. gray hair messily upon him head and a rugged beard. he was taller by a foot or two and muscle. shed be in a doesy in a moment. she watched him move closer. " oh?" she could smell his breath know. "why dont you pay me back with a little kiss hmm?" she didn't know what to do but stand there in shock.