Belgrave Royal Military Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
047.jpg

@Artorias @Esper @Warm Regret
While thinking about squads, how do you guys feel about forming one? I think Soza can profit really well off of Eloise' ability to keep an enemy busy with his Slash of Darkness and his roots ability is great support. Ashelia seems like she's really good at the frontlines and threatening/pressuring opponents, and Sonny as a healer would be great at making her last longer and better do that job. Together they can form a great disruption-unit with Sonny there to keep them alive doing it. I haven't given thought to the additional two slots yet (though I am thinking of making a water-based tank to help out on the frontlines) but I wanted to know; what do you guys think?

While thinking about squads, how do you guys feel about forming one? I think Soza can profit really well off of Eloise' ability to keep an enemy busy with his Slash of Darkness and his roots ability is great support. Ashelia seems like she's really good at the frontlines and threatening/pressuring opponents, and Sonny as a healer would be great at making her last longer and better do that job. Together they can form a great disruption-unit with Sonny there to keep them alive doing it. I haven't given thought to the additional two slots yet (though I am thinking of making a water-based tank to help out on the frontlines) but I wanted to know; what do you guys think?

That sounds good to me! You can count on Sonny for support! It'll be fun to see what kind of elemental combinations we come up with as well. ^_^

Have a feeling this RP is going to get very cliquish very quickly.

I hope not for general play. Squads are to make it easier for adventure segments, not to separate people into groups for regular muh high school life.

Btw if you've been approved, you can go ahead and jump in and start playing. The first week is kind of orientation, so squads aren't even formed yet.

I hope not for general play. Squads are to make it easier for adventure segments, not to separate people into groups for regular muh high school life.

Btw if you've been approved, you can go ahead and jump in and start playing. The first week is kind of orientation, so squads aren't even formed yet.

I hope not either. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone's characters, that would be the most fun! *mischievous laugh* :P

Wait when did the IC thread happen?

If you don't want cliques, an easy way to prevent that is to initiate interaction with a lot of different people. There's no rule that says you can't interact with characters outside of your squad. Hell, maybe characters in different squads will actually turn out to be best friends or develop a romance. I also imagine that for some missions, two or more squads will work together. Possibly rearranging their team compositions to best suit the mission's needs.

Also. A great way to make links with multiple different people I've found, besides interacting in the IC, is also to work out possible pre-RP relations. Like for example, characters from noble families might have met during tea parties before. One character might have employed a certain assassin family in the past, or perhaps vice versa had someone close to them targeted. Etcetera. TBH, I was going to propose this for my character(s) once squads were established. If anyone has any ideas on that, feel free to shoot me a PM, BTW.

I think I might be cause for the root of this feeling, correct me if I'm wrong, but rest assured I have no intention of enacting Mean Girls in this RP despite it's quasi-high school setting ;)

Wait when did the IC thread happen?
Pretty much simultaneously with the creation of the OOC and sign up threads. It can be found here but it doesn't have a set-up yet.

I think honestly, squads should be decided in the RP by some kind of arbitrary system (actually RP-ing the selection would be slow and would stagnate). Also, well balanced teams seem like they'd leave very little room for character development. It'd be more fun to have teams that were great in a couple of aspects but severely lacking in others.

Multiple-squad missions are definitely possible. If you've got an idea for one, don't be afraid to propose it.

And the IC thread has been there for days, check my first post in this thread.

(actually RP-ing the selection would be slow and would stagnate
I agree. Which is why I'm being pro-active with it OOC :P I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas everyone comes up with for squad compositions. Who do you think Kuroka and Hikari would pair up well with?

That sounds good to me! You can count on Sonny for support! It'll be fun to see what kind of elemental combinations we come up with as well. ^_^
Sorry, totally missed this one because I'm blind. But great to see you're on board with the idea! Now to wait to see how the others feel about it.

Sounds good. I'm in. <3

@Kestrel Sure, I don't mind the squad idea.

Kuroka is probably going to be a bit difficult to match, but her skill set means she's not going to be getting in the way of friends at least. Later on she's going to gain the ability to teleport others, which could be useful.
Hikari, once her skills are modified to Shindo's demands, will probably work best with attackers that can use speed to avoid being targeted, and support with a good supply of healing abilities. I suspect she might take a bit of damage.

Great! That means @Shindo can put us on the list. Meanwhile, are there any characters that catch your fancy and could make a good addition? Or are there any roles you'd like to see filled/added to the squad?
Sorry, could you list all the names of who you wanted in that squad just so I don't make any mistakes?

And if you mean what I need for my squad, I've got all but the 2 knight positions filled. I still need the prince for story purposes, but as for the other, I might not take the character I had designed. I'd probably give free reign on his character as long as he was defensive and earth-based.

Sorry, could you list all the names of who you wanted in that squad just so I don't make any mistakes?

Soza Sunada
Eloise Blancbaston
Sonny Everclear
Ashelia Blackhammer

As for the remaining two slots, the other part of my post asks these characters their players who else they'd like to see on the squad.

In regards to naming the Dawn Goddess, would it break anyone's immersion if I called her Altana? Or if nobody gets the reference, I guess it's not an issue. Either way, I just really like the name.

When she's in a foul mood, does she become Saltana?

This helps alleviate my worry since I was thinking the squads would be doing everything together.

Still need a squad for Chelsea. If there's something I need or change to make her more appealing for a squad, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.