Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
So, American Thanksgiving is next week, and chunky people everywhere are going to be sitting around stuffing their faces while having awkward family fights, or the i'm so ronery blues!

Ignoring all the chaos and the drama, and the bitter souls of dead natives that helped make this holiday possible, there's still a good message buried in there somewhere! Having gratitude and appreciation for the good things in your life.

So Iwaku, What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for my parents. They're alive, they're sane, we actually get along!

I'm thankful for my friends. While many live too far away for me to just swing on by for a spot of tea, each and every one of them are precious and I'm amazed they call me friend!

I'm thankful for my job. Well, okay there's lot of things that I'm not pleased with, but most people are cool, I get paid a better wage then most HS grads & I get to be around food!

I'm thankful for my education. I might be taking the long route, but I'm learning what I need to not only to hopefully be a successful healer, but to heal myself. It gives me a future both physically but financially!

There are many more things I'm thankful for, but this is a nice start.

I'm thankful to be alive.. Having a roof over my head and that I have two parents who raised me right.. I am also thankful for the friends I do have in my life. They are great.

• I'm thankful for being born in this country. I know everyone has their gripes about America and that's fine. But growing up and hearing my family's war stories and how much they've suffered, I'm so glad to have all of the rights that I currently have.
  • I'm thankful for my family. I may not love every single one of them, but for those for that do, I'm very grateful. I know they love me back and when the worst of times hit them I'll support them.
  • I'm thankful for my friends, even my online ones. They make me smile and laugh and make me enjoy life to the fullest.
  • I'm especially thankful for my boyfriend James for loving me, all of me.

I am thankful for finally being Cancer Free. I am thankful for my wonderful husband, whom I have known since the age of 6, who has been through it all with me. Through both times I was ill. I am thankful for best friends, for Family and for having a roof over my head and food in my belly. I am thankful to be alive.

I'm thankful for people, their kindness and their generosity.

I'm thankful for every friend who stood by me throughout the year, and I'm thankful for the marvels of modern medicine. I'm thankful for all the people who practically donated their time and services to help me in my time of need.

I'm thankful for you all.

I'm thankful I'm going home in a month. Oh so thankful.

I'm thankful for a wonderful crew of folk that have helped me make my current job so much smoother.

I'm thankful to have a life that never fails to bring me wonder and joy.

I'm thankful to have people to share that wonder and joy with.

I'm thankful for quotes that make you think.

I'm thankful for Key Lime Pie.

I'm thankful for guitar strings.

I'm thankful for the book Canticle for Leibowitz. It's -Great-.

I'm thankful that I managed to fanangle a decent enough microphone to record a terrible.... terrible thing for the Iwaku christmas Radio show. It's so great. It makes me cackle just thinking about it.

I'm thankful for the side of my brain that makes all my dreams.

I'm thankful to not be in Afghanistan.

I'm thankful to almost be done with my contract in the military.

I'm thankful for my health.

I'm thankful for my friends.

I'm thankful for this site and all the people that make it great.

Most of all, I'm thankful for my Mom. For a more wonderful lady I have not met.

EDIT: OH YEAH! I'M ALSO THANKFUL THAT I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE CRAZY PEOPLE THAT BELIEVES HIGHLANDER 2 IS CANON!!!!

...... Totes glad I can metaphorically swing my proverbial dick around here as much as I can and ain't nothin' doin'.

Grateful for everything, man. Even the bad things, cause without them the good would be worthless.

Off the top of my head: my job. I was unemployed for like ever, scrapping by doing whatever I could do to come up with rent each month, odd jobs, bullshit WAY the fuck out of town work, going to the church 2 days a week for free groceries so I could eat more than ramen for dinner. Then all of the sudden I was a regular person again. Damn it feels good. That rough patch really helped me get over my hatred of work in general. I am thankful each day I can get up and have the opportunity to work now.

I am thankful for my lot in life, for I have finally found a place to which I belong.

I am thankful for Iwaku, because it introduced me to a lot of cool people.

I am thankful for my family for having raised me.

I am thankful for my new friends for putting up with me.

And I am thankful for my imagination and the worlds it creates.

I'm really greatful for the vision I DO have…. I catch myself getting frustrated because my eyes are still too weak to do a lot. However, they are strong enough to play music, video games, role play…. So many other things that just breed excitement for me.

I am most thankful for the people in my life. I could be a blind, deaf, mute, limbless cripple being fed through a needle in my collapsing veins and I could still carve a sliver of happiness if I could still communicate and interact with the members here that have truly touched my life. Even the snarky ex-admin who gave me something to aspire towards and who in my darkest moments showed that you can attain your dreams if you stop fighting the world and start using what you have to work towards a goal.