Behind the Wallpaper

I felt sick to my stomach as I hurried back to the car. I wanted to get out of here as fast as I could, but....The car wouldn't start. I felt a rising sense of terror as I sat in the car, staring ahead. We were stuck here, but....

"Who?" I asked, feeling a rising sense of anger. "Who would do this to the car? I know someone had to mess it up on purpose. This was a brand new car."

Suddenly I started to feel like someone was watching us again. The sun had already set, casting out some last dying rays across the darkening sky before disappearing behind the mountain range. I whipped my head around to look into the forest and suddenly stopped.

Something was there. I blinked, and he....no, it disappeared. This place was getting to me.

Kaage had never seen anything that... that disgusting in his life, and he felt sick to his stomach just imagining it. He had never thought he'd come face-to-face with something like that as he had only seen it is games or in the movies. But seeing it in real life is extremely different than seeing it animated... Far worse...​
When the car didn't stop, he swore his heart stopped beating. It felt as if the world had just turned upside down. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding once Paige spoke. "I wouldn't do that." He answered her, nerves starting to get to him. Kaage felt like they were constantly being watched by someone, or something. It was like they were waiting for the group to venture off somewhere...​
"I'll take a look at the engine." Kaage said as he got out of the back seat and moved to the front of the car, opening up the hood. What he saw made his jaw drop. There was nothing there. No engine. No nothing. "Guys, there's nothing here." He finally spoke up after a minute of silence, his voice full of nervousness. This was not good. Something wanted them to stay here... Something Kaage didn't want to face.​