Behind the number

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Angelblueeyes

Original poster
[inspired by the Dengeki Daisy manga]

The car accident was all over the news when it happened. The family of four had been drove off the road on a sharp turn by a couple of teens joy riding. The teens had been fine but the family, however, were not. The mother and father died instantly but the son and daughter made it to the hospital. Kat, the daughter, was let out after a few days with minor injuries but the son, Robert, wasn't so lucky and he only lasted a few weeks but it was in those weeks that Robert gave Kat the Phone.

Robert had explained to 18 year old kat that there was a number on the phone with no name. This was a number connected to someone that she could talk to, that would be there for if she needed someone and if she ever needed help. Kat had been sceptical at first but how was she to turn away her big brothers last gift?

Now it was a year later and kat was 19. The teen was living in a small apartment, thanks to her parents life insurance and the inheritance, and talking to no name was a part of her daily routine but then, so was the snide comments at college.

Kat sided as she brushed her brown curls before grabbing her bag and heading out of the door 'Good morning! How are you doing today? I'm doing good, life's really easy these day' she sent the normal text to no name with a smile and sighed, she never told no name about her hardships because she didn't want to worry him.

There was a buzzing in the pocket of his trousers and the young man took the phone that was tucked away inside, out. He opened the text from the girl and a small smile pulled the corners of his lips up as he walked. 'That's good to hear. I'm happy for you. My day has started out well and that usually means good things.' He responded and sent the message back. He ran a hand through thick dark hair that was usually quite messy and today was no exception due to a slight breeze that was blowing. He gazed at the phone with almost shockingly blue eyes before placing it back into his pocket, continuing on with his walk towards his first class of the day.

The mans name was Daniel, he was only a few years older than the person he was communicating with. He looked about 21 or 22. He kept the phone close at all times in case she needed him.

As usual the reply was fast and it made Kat smile 'thats good to hear! I'm glad it started out well,I hope it says like that ' she sent back just before heading to her first class. The girl knew that she had only been texting and she didn't really know no name but it felt like they had known each other for much longer than just a year

Daniel smiled when he saw the reply. He hoped that her day stayed good as well. 'Thank you. I hope yours goes well as always. Text me if you ever need to talk.' He walked into his first class of the day and shoved the phone back into his trouser pocket.

Kat smiled was she walked in and sat down at her normal by the window. Her first class of the day was always boring. Not that you can expect much else from an English lesson about Shakespeare

Status
Not open for further replies.