Behind The Lies of The Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot dropped his smile as soon as Mr. Mado looked his way. Initially it was just to hide the gesture to protect the rock-thrower's identity, but once he saw the scientist's sadistic grin, his ears drooped. He was gonna get it for that stunt, he just knew it...Hopefully Mr. Mado wouldn't find out who threw the rocks.

He wouldn't have to wait long to find out what they had in store for him tonight: Vanessa was already closing up shop. Another scientist came up to him with a collar and leash in hand, but Spot wasn't having any of that. He ducked away from the man's hands, but followed him anyway, towards the hidden entrance to the underground facility. Once the scientist realized that Spot was going to cooperate collar or no collar, he backed off a little.

Once underground, Spot walked willingly into his holding cell. He knew that Mr. Mado was angry with the day's events, and the experiments would most likely be rougher than usual because of it. Hopefully Spot could grin and bear it, just one more time.

CalvinFletcher.jpg

Before he even took ten steps, he was already apprehended by...one of the scientists, he could presume. "Ah yes, I just arrived, if it wouldn't trouble you, I'd love to take-"

" Alright, time to close up.Lets move em' down to the facility grounds. Come on we don't have all night people!"

Again interrupted, this time by a loud voice, though it had a lot of oomph to it, so to speak. Sighing, he turned away, "Sorry, I guess I should assist the other scientists, I'll go and catch you later for a tour, thank you."

Taking a few steps, he then realized he had no idea what he was doing, promptly committing an about face as he turned to face the scientist, "...Er, well, I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing, should I be, uh, making sure the...performers get somewhere?" It was pretty sad, knowing that on the first day he had no idea what he was doing. Then again, he never really had an orientation.

Baaaaaadgf.jpg

Then again, he never really had an orientation. Even though Six signed them up three days ago, they only really came in this day, the talk of the facility grounds, needless to say, didn't comfort him.

"Soren?"

"Hm?"

"I do believe I should take over at this point. I'd rather not have Three patch you up like last time something akin to this happened.

"W-"

Quickly, his body had already morphed, but into the familiar shape of Six.

Anime_red_haired_girl_by_Paramore345.png

"Hey! Hold up, Two. What's going on? If anyone would know, it's you, right..?" Her face took on a reflective look; her mouth twisted into a slight frown at the left edge of her mouth, and she started pacing back and forth the small cage.

"Indeed. I had already researched this area...given how often it was on your mind. While I admire your bravery in coming here in the first place without knowing the circumstances, I do believe it was quite foolish to simply up and leave the orphanage for no reason. If you allow Nine to take over, she should-"

"No.......wait. Nine? You're joking, right? You've never recommended switching to Nine. Is it that bad?" The mention of Nine sent a shudder through her; Two never resorted to Nine, only once in their life had they ever switched to Nine, and she intended to keep it like that.

"Quite. Here, I'll initiate the process for you, given how you've been switching the whole time, you must be tired." Almost immediately, Six's eyes turned into a shade of blue; with her hoodie turning the same shade.

"STOP!" Instantly, all the changes reversed, and her right arm, which had started darkening to a darker color, changed back into the pale hue that composed Six's skin.

"I HAVE to do this, Two! You of all people! You know! So please, just let me do this! Don't make it so Nine, or any of the others interfere, please. I can take it. Just believe in me."

"Very well. However, keep in mind you've switched too much."

He was right, too. Six was barely standing at this point, and her breaths can short and sharp, as if she had finished running a mile. Her eyes were narrowed in an accusing stare at her legs which had betrayed her, and she collapsed onto the floor on her hands and knees.

"..Ooph...hey, Two, you mind....?"

"...Six, I'm afraid you shouldn't talk anymore, you may give up information about us. I'm sorry, but you're on your own for now. Everyone else is still recovering from....last week. Except for Nine, I'm the only one who's conscious, and only barely. I have to work on waking up Three. Don't do anything rash. Good luck, Six."

Smiling a bit, she raised her head, and pushed herself back into a standing position, but then, overestimating her weight, ended up falling into a sitting position against the bars of the cage. Using her hoodie, she wiped off a bit of sweat from her head; switching too much times took a huge toll on them. ....Wait, why shouldn't I talk anymore..?

Her vision was still blurry, but the distinct form of a person was nearing the cage. Oh. Frick.

Vanessa was checking things on a sheet of paper, held on a clipboard as usual.
She wasn't one to be kept waiting, but she watched patiently for once as test
subjects were moved around, cells were locked, security systems were checked,
etc, etc. One scientist in particular caught her eye, one that morphed in front of God
and everyone despite the high alert security system she had developed for this place.

" Excuse me, but might I ask what business you have here, are you authorized to be in this
area of the Facility? You don't look like you have the access codes to be down here.
Mind explaining?"

tokyo_teddy_bear_RESIZEDby_luluseason-d5i7c7v.png
"Kumari is bored..." Kumari exclaimed in her containment, as she spoke to her stuffed bear while squeezing the life out of it in her arms.

"Are you try'n to suffocate me you brat?" A male voice coming from the stuffed bear spoke with discontent to the young girl sitting on her knees.

"It's fine isn't it? You're dead anyways," She answered as she loosened her grip around the stuffed bear named Shi. A scoff could be heard from Shi as Kumari giggled from his annoyed response and let out an exasperated sigh afterwards. "Kumari still can't believe that they took away her materials," she said with a pout as she began to claw at her hands making them bleed. It was the very material that she used to make stuffed animals that were forcefully taken away from her since she was brought to the facility. She just couldn't go days without it.

"Whoa! Kid, calm down. What's a little break from making things gonna do?" Shi spoke, his voice slightly frantic from her sudden, irrational behavior.

"Absolutely nothing, which is exactly the problem! Kumari can't stand not doing anything. She has to do... Something!" She rambled as she threw her hands in the air and began to continue scratching her hands unconsciously. "Uh~ must... Do something," She began mumbling as she continued to claw at her raw skin with frustration.

animal-ears-boots-RESIZEDcleavage-original-red-hair-tiger-tsukioka-tsukiho-2.jpg

Taiga was in her tiger form as she paced in her containment serenely. She was perfectly comfortable in her tiger form and it made her feel more connected with the animal that she should have had the same fate as. It also, most definitely made her feel different than being the same being as the disgusting humans that started experiments in the first place. She held a strong sense of hate and resentment towards them. Especially more so towards the humans that came to the facility to enjoyed looking down on them as lowly beings.

She just couldn't stand it. Neither did she have a slight bit of understanding towards the human like gestures that she noticed Spot show. She was perfectly fine with not associating herself with humans and just couldn't comprehend what about humans that Spot liked so much. As far as she knew, humans were far from normal.

Taiga let out a huff from her nose as she lied down on the cold cement floor and glanced at Spot's cage with an aggravated expression. "Idiots," She spoke to no one in particular, though directing the term to the human species as she watched some scientists walk by with a blank look.

Status
Not open for further replies.