Behind The Lies of The Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added another power to Misery, is that fine?

Name: Sadie Polansky
Image: http://s608.photobucket.com/user/MichelleTisHere/media/anime/Picture4.png.html
Personality: She's normally a sweetheart, honest! She just loves her work and is nice to the subjects during the day time. At night, she's a hard worker and doesn't let her feelings get in the way of it. Though perhaps she can be a bit…manipulative, using her sweetness to get people to do things for her. She knows her place, though, and listens to her peers.
Brief background: Sadie is a biochemist, wanting to learn how things tick as carefully as she could. She graduated like any other student and was looking for a job when she found out about the carnival.
Reason for working here: She wanted to study how the creatures at the carnival ticked.
Do you enjoy your work?: Unfortunately yes, yes she does.
Name: Allen Delacroix
Image: http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/477/342073-anime_boy_white_hair_photo_31590.jpg
Personality: Allen's normally a fun loving person, one that wants to work hard while making everyone smile around him. In his work place, however, he becomes cold and serious to all but the experiments, as he feels that they deserve something better than cages to rot in. He still retains his kindness in this way, but working at the carnival is slowly destroying his heart…
Brief background: Allen was pointed out as an outcast among the other children for having white hair, so he was a pretty lonely child other unless he was with family. He loves them to death and will do anything for them. His parents, both doctors, often took their children to work with them, so he's been around medical equipment ever since he was very young. He's also a bit of a genius at it, earning his college degree before he was 24.
Reason for working here: Sadie found him and, knowing of his talents and line of work, lured him to the carnival where he was given two choices: Either work with them or be a freak and be experimented on. Who could resist an albino for an attraction? Plus, she wanted to see if he was any different from the rest of them if he said no. He said yes to working with them so he could see his family again after the hours…
Do you enjoy your work?: No…
Name: Misery Jones
Deformity or inhuman power: She's psychic, using her ability to read fortunes by looking into the future. She's also telekinetic, able to move things with her mind. Too bad she can't read any minds, but oh well. Also, she just recently discovered this, but apparently she can make things heat up with her eyes if she looks at them hard enough, probably something to do with her massive brain working to hard. So essentially, she can set things on fire by staring at them.
Species: Human
Image: http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm97/Sadistic-Memories/RPC Girls/Black_Haired_Anime_Girl.jpg
How long have you been here?: Just recently, like a few months maybe? She lost count after a while.
How did you get here?: Misery needed the money, so she decided to set herself up as a freak for the circus. Boy she didn't know what she was in for…
Hope these are okay!
Eeeh, Not sure your quite grasping my point. I would appreciate it very much if all the psychic things were done away with, and I can let the fire ability slide but that makes me think of superman so I have a hard time living with it, but I will cut you some slack. So, no pyschic, fire is fine.

Changed it so she's a fire bender, is that better now?

Name: Min Chang

Image:
CalvinFletcher.jpg

Personality: Indecisive, never makes up his mind about anything; easily manipulated; patient.

Brief background: Obeyed his parents to the letter, following all of their instructions, all of their plans for his future, though he always dreamed of setting up his own life for himself. Eventually, after graduating college his parents retired, and with the bills as expensive as they were (and with his parent's poor planning), Min couldn't support them all with his unpaid internship. After joining the circus, he tried to find if there were ways to make sure such...freaks weren't mistreated and displayed as side shows to the rest of the world; though by nature he tended to follow along with whatever the scientists said.

Reason for working here: Desperate for money, tries to see if there's a better way for freaks to live with normal human society.

Do you enjoy your work?: No, but hides his disgust in a guise of oblivious stupidity.

Name: Soren Gerhard

Deformity or inhuman power: Unnatural Physical Dissociative Identity Disorder; When another personality takes over, his physical features change along with it, changing his entire body, sometimes even his gender. For some odd reason, even his clothes morph to meet the change, as if each resides in their own world; each time he changes, his apparel cleans itself automatically, making it so Soren never had to change clothes. Only one other is currently known by the scientists. Calls them the Persona Non Grata.

Six-
Anime_red_haired_girl_by_Paramore345.png

"This should be good...."
File: Seems to be at odds with Soren, whom she refers to as Base. When admitting herself, "Six" expressed happiness at joining the show, claiming that it would be a fun experience. Odd air of suspicion, as noted by an intern at the time.

Species: Human Mutant

Image:
Baaaaaadgf.jpg

How long have you been here?: Just admitted three days ago.

How did you get here?: Persona Six waltzed in, admitting herself before changing back into a pissed off Soren, before he pondered what would happen if he refused when Six already signed them in, and so accepted, albeit grudgingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
[dash]
Name: Tanner Voigt

Deformity or inhuman power: Ability to create illusions - Simply by thinking, Tanner is able to cause all sorts of illusions to swirl through the air. Most of the time, these illusions are grey in color, and appear wispy and cloud-like. These illusions are almost always seen swirling around Tanner's head, as he creates them subconsciously, and has to put more thought into NOT creating them than he does into creating them.
With enough skill and concentration (something Tanner is admittedly lacking in, for the moment) as well as a great deal of pain, Tanner can cause these illusions to condense - become more realistic, and even colorful. If one were skilled enough in this, they could even make these illusions so realistic you wouldn't be able to discern them from the actual thing - unless the creator's concentration wavered (in which case the illusions would tremble, or even flicker). As of now, it is considered impossible to make these illusions so realistic that you can physically touch them.

Image: (As I believe this is meant to be a picture of a girl, let me clarify - Tanner is a boy. He's a boy with a childish face and a mass of long wavy hair that he at times pulls up on top of his head to keep out of his eyes. I don't care if this is a drawing of a girl, as it looks exactly like him >:I)
bAfqrj4Qk_o.jpg

How long have you been here?: "For... for about five years... I think."

How did you get here?: "A nice person told me to come with them. I didn't want to be rude, and I know it's wrong not to listen to your elders, so I did."

Tanner was playing with his power on the sidewalk in front of his house one day. He wasn't supposed to use it in public (or really allowed outside of the house at all), but his younger sister had had a bad day at school, and he was attempting to calm her tears until their parents got home by swirling images of bunnies and ice cream cones around her head. He was noticed by a tester passing by in their car. The tester stopped, and exited the vehicle. Seeming to sense Tanner's vulnerability and troubled upbringing they simply held their hand out and instructed that the boy come with them. Tanner reluctantly complied.

[/dash]
[dash]
Name: Coralie (Is called Cora by most)

Deformity or inhuman power: Coralie's 'deformity', as she so hates it being referred to, is that she is quite literally as small as a mouse - standing in at only around 5-6 inches tall.

Species: Unknown (I'm too lazy to look through folklore to find something she should be. She's pretty much a borrower. Not sure if you ever read the book or saw the old movie, but if you have you know what I'm talking about.)

Image: Besides her incredibly short stature, Coralie looks quite normal. Her skin is naturally tan and covered in freckles, with gives her the permanent look of having been left out in the sun for too long. She has long brown hair, which she most often wears pulled up into two braids, or ponytails, near the bottom of her head. Her eyes are a dark greyish-green in color.
This is pretty much what she looks like, minus the skin color being wrong (as previously mentioned, she's much tanner, and has numerous freckles)
QPksxHxygoc.jpg

How long have you been here?: "Too long. About a day or two."

How did you get here?: "I was dodging feet when I had the misfortune of being spotted by a nasty little beast of a boy. The foul thing grabbed me up with his grubby little fingers, and brought me to his equally foul parents. Just my luck, this oh so pleasant little carnival of freaks happened to be in town, and the family of pigs decided to try and make a bit of profit off of me by selling something they didn't have the right to sell - my freedom."

[/dash]

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Min Chang

Image:
CalvinFletcher.jpg

Personality: Indecisive, never makes up his mind about anything; easily manipulated; patient.

Brief background: Obeyed his parents to the letter, following all of their instructions, all of their plans for his future, though he always dreamed of setting up his own life for himself. Eventually, after graduating college his parents retired, and with the bills as expensive as they were (and with his parent's poor planning), Min couldn't support them all with his unpaid internship. After joining the circus, he tried to find if there were ways to make sure such...freaks weren't mistreated and displayed as side shows to the rest of the world; though by nature he tended to follow along with whatever the scientists said.

Reason for working here: Desperate for money, tries to see if there's a better way for freaks to live with normal human society.

Do you enjoy your work?: No, but hides his disgust in a guise of oblivious stupidity.

Name: Soren Gerhard

Deformity or inhuman power: Unnatural Physical Dissociative Identity Disorder; When another personality takes over, his physical features change along with it, changing his entire body, sometimes even his gender. For some odd reason, even his clothes morph to meet the change, as if each resides in their own world; each time he changes, his apparel cleans itself automatically, making it so Soren never had to change clothes. Only one other is currently known by the scientists. Calls them the Persona Non Grata.

Six-
Anime_red_haired_girl_by_Paramore345.png

"This should be good...."
File: Seems to be at odds with Soren, whom she refers to as Base. When admitting herself, "Six" expressed happiness at joining the show, claiming that it would be a fun experience. Odd air of suspicion, as noted by an intern at the time.

Image:
Baaaaaadgf.jpg

How long have you been here?: Just admitted three days ago.

How did you get here?: Persona Six waltzed in, admitting herself before changing back into a pissed off Soren, before he pondered what would happen if he refused when Six already signed them in, and so accepted, albeit grudgingly.
accepted. Nice work.

[dash]
Name: Tanner Voigt

Deformity or inhuman power: Ability to create illusions - Simply by thinking, Tanner is able to cause all sorts of illusions to swirl through the air. Most of the time, these illusions are grey in color, and appear wispy and cloud-like. These illusions are almost always seen swirling around Tanner's head, as he creates them subconsciously, and has to put more thought into NOT creating them than he does into creating them.
With enough skill and concentration (something Tanner is admittedly lacking in, for the moment) as well as a great deal of pain, Tanner can cause these illusions to condense - become more realistic, and even colorful. If one were skilled enough in this, they could even make these illusions so realistic you wouldn't be able to discern them from the actual thing - unless the creator's concentration wavered (in which case the illusions would tremble, or even flicker). As of now, it is considered impossible to make these illusions so realistic that you can physically touch them.

Image: (As I believe this is meant to be a picture of a girl, let me clarify - Tanner is a boy. He's a boy with a childish face and a mass of long wavy hair that he at times pulls up on top of his head to keep out of his eyes. I don't care if this is a drawing of a girl, as it looks exactly like him >:I)
bAfqrj4Qk_o.jpg

How long have you been here?: "For... for about five years... I think."

How did you get here?: "A nice person told me to come with them. I didn't want to be rude, and I know it's wrong not to listen to your elders, so I did."

Tanner was playing with his power on the sidewalk in front of his house one day. He wasn't supposed to use it in public (or really allowed outside of the house at all), but his younger sister had had a bad day at school, and he was attempting to calm her tears until their parents got home by swirling images of bunnies and ice cream cones around her head. He was noticed by a tester passing by in their car. The tester stopped, and exited the vehicle. Seeming to sense Tanner's vulnerability and troubled upbringing they simply held their hand out and instructed that the boy come with them. Tanner reluctantly complied.

[/dash]
[dash]
Name: Coralie (Is called Cora by most)

Deformity or inhuman power: Coralie's 'deformity', as she so hates it being referred to, is that she is quite literally as small as a mouse - standing in at only around 5-6 inches tall.

Species: Unknown (I'm too lazy to look through folklore to find something she should be. She's pretty much a borrower. Not sure if you ever read the book or saw the old movie, but if you have you know what I'm talking about.)

Image: Besides her incredibly short stature, Coralie looks quite normal. Her skin is naturally tan and covered in freckles, with gives her the permanent look of having been left out in the sun for too long. She has long brown hair, which she most often wears pulled up into two braids, or ponytails, near the bottom of her head. Her eyes are a dark greyish-green in color.
This is pretty much what she looks like, minus the skin color being wrong (as previously mentioned, she's much tanner, and has numerous freckles)
QPksxHxygoc.jpg

How long have you been here?: "Too long. About a day or two."

How did you get here?: "I was dodging feet when I had the misfortune of being spotted by a nasty little beast of a boy. The foul thing grabbed me up with his grubby little fingers, and brought me to his equally foul parents. Just my luck, this oh so pleasant little carnival of freaks happened to be in town, and the family of pigs decided to try and make a bit of profit off of me by selling something they didn't have the right to sell - my freedom."

[/dash]
Very creative with the miniature girl, like that a lot. Accepted.

• Thank You
Very creative with the miniature girl, like that a lot. Accepted.
Alright, good! Thank you!
I was kind of worried it wouldn't be acceptable, and was freaking out a little over the idea because I like the character.

But uh, I was thinking of having her be kept in a birdcage, or something like that, in addition - as she would be able to just slip through the bars of a normal cell.
Let me know your thoughts on that, and if you think I should do something different.

Alright, good! Thank you!
I was kind of worried it wouldn't be acceptable, and was freaking out a little over the idea because I like the character.

But uh, I was thinking of having her be kept in a birdcage, or something like that, in addition - as she would be able to just slip through the bars of a normal cell.
Let me know your thoughts on that, and if you think I should do something different.
I think that would work pretty well, no need to change it at all. Post whenever you feel ready.

• Thank You
Out of curiosity, would it be possible for a scientist to become a part of the show and experiments? Kinda like a "You know too much" thing if they try to leave, lik they somehow deform them through the experiments and they get put on display. Sorry, just curious.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible for a scientist to become a part of the show and experiments? Kinda like a "You know too much" thing if they try to leave, lik they somehow deform them through the experiments and they get put on display. Sorry, just curious.
Possibly. Might take awhile to incorporate it into the story-line, but I will keep the thought in mind.

Would the unfortunate test subject be open for any of the rpers? (Referring to the one Vanessa put a chain around and prepared room 13 for) Or was that Sylia, if I may inquire?

It is open to the RP'rs, trying to decide which. If you want to take the role let me know.

@Moogle-Girl

Hey question, does Spot sleep on his back like a human or does he lie down like a dog? Sorry for the random question, this just occured to me while in the car. :'D

He lies down like a dog, just because that's what's most comfortable to him. He can't fight his body structure no matter how hard he tries. >w>

Ah. Aww, Spot, tries so hard to be human. :'D

Makes me feel bad for Spot... Shame on me.

He's like a reverse furry! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.