Beginning of the end-Zombie Apocalypse

Alison's eyes scan the dark forest, sending shivers down her spine. Although it'd might have been The fact it'd been awfully chilly since sundown. Their footsteps were silent as she huddled into her jacket, grip on her weapon still tight.
Behind the trees in the distance she could see a road and smiled to herself softly. Of course, it wouldn't be the most ideal place to be but the forest agitated her. At least here on the road it'll be easier to see where the infected were coming from and where they were going. In the trees, they can easily hide. If course the distant groaning isn't masked very well but it's still a lot more frightening in the woods.​
"Right..I say let's move down the road and we reach the city. Well what's left of it. Grab any supplies you can and we can share them..."
She nodded silently as she stuffed her hand into her pocket as she stepped onto the road.
The sound of their feet tapping on the pavement was the only sound present as they walked along the road.
She walked along side the abandoned and beaten up cars, glancing in the windows.
She made a disgusted face as she caught a glimpse of a corpse trapped inside the crashed car, buckled to its seat, groaning as it scratched the window. She frowned and gulped thickly, turning away as her pace quickened slightly.
On the horizon she could see the city and felt more frightened then she did when they exited the forest. The city had the most people and was no doubt infested.
But if she'd made it this far, she'll be able to make it through the city.
"We are nearly there.. Just try to be quiet. We don't want any company.. Except if it was Vin Diesel, perhaps then I'll re consider it."
She cracked a slight smile at the joke.
Of course, Desi was telling her all the things she already knew. "Be quiet." "We don't want company". But Desi seemed to enjoy being the leader. So Alison decided to let her lead. She was always one to follow anyway.
They walked along the roads infested with cars, most of the doors were wide open.
She smiled slightly as she ducked into a car to search for something useful. It was all mostly junk. Well, until she found a wallet in the glove compartment. And then she realized money meant nothing in this world and tossed the wallet in the back seat. And then everything in the car was junk again.
What a strange thought. In a world where money was so important to so many people, money was suddenly worthless junk.
But she was pleasantly surprised when she crawled out from the car and was greeted with Desi handing her water and tuna.
She took the rations and stuffed it into her backpack before continuing along searching through each open car.
That's when she heard the groaning.
Pulling out of the car she noticed a pack of walkers trudging through the streets. But they weren't heading for her and her companion. They were heading for something on the other side. Looking to the direction she noticed a man laying there.
"Merde..."
He didn't look infected, at least not yet, but who knew if he was already bitten. But she didn't really care about that, her caring nature was beginning to kick in, and she knew they had to help him.
Watching Desi charge in, clearly having the same idea on mind, she gripped the golf club tighter and ran to a zombie close by, quickly raising the weapon over her head and bringing it down, burying it deep into the creatures brain, it's blood splattering. Giving a triumphant smile she readied to do the same to another.
"Alison come and help this man, check if he is bitten. Hurry. We gotta move." Alison heard Desi yell, which caught her attention and stopped her for a second. She turned her head to look at the man behind them quickly before looking back at the infected in front of her and bashed its skull in, finishing what she started in the first place, before turning and quickly making her way to the fallen man.
Once she reached him she fell to his side, dropping her weapon.

"Ciao? Signore, [Hello? Mister,] Are you awake?" She asked as she examined his arms and other areas of bare skin to make sure he isn't bitten.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Jae slowly opened his eyes as he heard a female voice next to him, flood of relief washed over him. He groaned in pain as he lifted up his head, his vision was a blur and he was too much in pain to understand English properly. He could feel the lady touching his limbs and torso, he instantly knew that she was checking if Jae was bitten, which he luckily wasn't.

"Not bitten..." Jae quietly said with his thick Korean accent, making it hard to understand.

After saying that, Jae slowly tried to sit up but only fall back down in extreme pain. He could feel that his right side of his rib cage has a massive cut across it, he could feel something stuck in the cut, like a piece of metal or something.

Alison sighed a heavy sigh of relief as the Korean's eyes opened, pulling herself away when she heard him speak. From what she could tell, he said he wasn't bitten but between his accent and how quiet he was it was a little hard to understand.
She gently took a hold of his hand to comfort him, smiling softly.
"I'm glad you aren't bitten, now take it easy. You're really injured...we'll get you to proper shelter and treat you're wounds as best as we can...Just hang in there..."
She looked over at Desi, happy to see the corpses gone, but frowns when she sees how exhausted she seemed.
"He's not bitten, but badly in need of medical attention. We need to find safe shelter so I can check his wounds out and patch him up..."

• Love
Another blow of the wind in this deserted world. Everything seem the same.

Desk slowly turned at Alison, hearing her words about the new person injured, glad that he wasn't bitten. The question was where to move, as just at a few feet away Desi spotted a house with the windows painted in black.

A smile appear across her face, now stepping towards Alison and the boy before leaning down, took one of his arm and tried to pull him up.

" Alison please take the other arm and help out.. We are going over there to the left. We can't stay here outside.. "

However, with a slow motion they helped the boy to stand up, eyes like darts to look for any movements around them. Moving over the sidewalk now, Desi gripped his arm so she can hold him properly with all the strength she had left. They were getting closer to the black painted house.

" That's right. Just a few more steps and we are there. Come on, you can do it.."

All of them reach now the doorstep, when Desi let the boy lean over the wall and with the help of Alison. She made a -hush- signal for them to be quiet, while she look inside the house, not wanting to have any unpleasant surprises.

Desi took a deep breath, pushing the door open which made a cracking noise. Her katana held tight with both of her hands now, looking around the damaged house. Chairs broken, some blood over the kitchen counters as everything else was scattered around. Her footsteps move forward, makings small sounds with her boots over the Woden floor.

She stopped at the living room, as it was an open space along with the kitchen, where at the end of the hall there was the staircase. Desi's breaths become unsettled with each and very step. Her feet now taking her upstairs, all the time in alert mode.

After a short time she checked the entire house, luckily it was nobody there so they could stay there for a while.
Soon she came at the front door with a tiny smile across her face, now taking the boy's hand and helped him come inside fallowed by Allison.

Desi managed to lay down the boy on the sofa, sighing deeply before she begun to secure the house how she knew best.

" Oh, Alison.. I'll secure the front door and the back door, we need to keep it as an escape if something happens. Also, uhmm.. Look around for some cloths or towels, see if the water is working in the kitchen. We need to see his wound and treat it with whatever is here.."

As then, she moved around bringing two armchairs towards the main door, pushing them to keep the door locked somehow. Already was huffing from the effort, as tiredness soon will get to her.

Desi then simply sat on the floor, her back at the wall just near the sofa. Her sword next to her body, as she slapped herself over the face to keep awake. At least they found a sort of a shelter for the night. Somehow that thought made her feel slightly better.

Spencer smiles when he realized that the Russian twins were satisfied by his cooking based on their reaction alone. However, he was a bit appalled by the lack of dining manners of the american teenager. He had never witnessed such an unrefined manner of dining until today, as he had always observed proper table etiquette. Even though the Zombie Apocalypse was upon them, he didn't see any reason to cease necessary and acceptable conduct when eating meals. Even so, he was slightly relieved that the kid had also approved of his dish. The only one who seemed to not be interested in eating was the British male who had a blank expression and seemed to be catatonic.

As the Russians observed Jack, he was slightly amused by their reaction to his dining manners. So much that he couldn't resist joining in their conversation using their own language. Being the son of a wealthy family, he was required to know more than 1 language after all.

"Я рад, что вы бы хотели моего приготовления пищи. Я знаю, что вы говорить на своем родном языке для converse частных но, к сожалению, я также может говорить по-русски. (I'm glad that you like my cooking. I know you speak in your native tongue in order to converse privately but unfortunately, I can also speak Russian.)" He said before nibbling on a burger. "So where are you folks heading when you stumbled upon me? You're not thinking of going into the city, are you? Most survival experts would say that you should be heading to the countryside, where there are less people. There would be a lower chance of getting infected." Spencer added, now using English.

Both twins were surprised to hear that the blonde haired man could speak their language. Did it bother them? Of course not. Will they stop speaking in Russian? Nope. The elder brother smirked at Spencer while Elia smiled in approval. "Выступая и понимания, бонус для вас. Тем не менее, мы не остановить. (Speaking and understanding Russian is a bonus for you. However, we will not stop.)" The elder twin responded to him, now both he and his sister are finished with their meals. Both of them knew that they would have to eat more than that. More than enough to last them for days. However, the two of them didn't want to eat so much to where they were vomiting; that would be a waste of food.

An amused expression was evident on Spencer's face once Elliot told him that they wouldn't stop speaking Russian regardless him knowing what they're talking about now. It would take a way a sense of privacy but Spencer knew when no to pry in. Still, he was prompted to reply with something that was a cross between a warning and a bluff. Things were about to get a whole lot interesting from now on compared to when he preferred solitude over the company of others.

Здорово. Несмотря на то, что не намерена остановить меня от подслушивания. (That's cool. Thought that is not going to stop me from eavesdropping." Spencer jested after finishing his burger and starting the main course.

Both Elia and Elliot rose an eyebrow at the man's words, but were not upset by it. Things were now going to be interesting between the four of them. With Jack especially because they assumed he didn't know how to speak Russian. He'd probably want to know what in the world what they were talking about. "Не хотел бы мы вас остановить. (Not like we're asking you to stop.)" Elliot responded to the blonde haired man while Elia looked around the table. She soon spotted a large kitchen knife, much like the one they had at home. Elia lightly tapped her brother's shoulder, deciding to use English so Jack could understand.

"Just like knife for game." She informed him, earning a nod.

"Definition of trust game." Elliot responded to her, recalling when the two of them would play The Knife Game but allowed the other to use the knife.

Jack ate until he was full. It only took two and a half burgers to fill him up. While finished up, he listened to there conversation. Of course it was a foreign language, none of which he could understand. But he knew it was all Russian as the accents gave it away. But then spencer gave them the question he felt to talk for. "I'm thinking of staying in the city. I can easily make it through on the rooftops, plus I can lose any chaser in this terrain. Not to mention the amount of supplies I can find." Jack explained, knowing someone was going to contradict his statement. Then his eyes fell upon the twins, raising an eyebrow at the thought of the knife game. Stupid Internet sensation. But to turn it into a trust situation seemed interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alison kept her hand in his as they walked him to the nearby house, hoping he didn't mind. Then again he didn't really seem to be paying attention. He actually seemed completely out of it.
One hand held the golf club as they helped him to the doorstep and leaned him against the wall as Desi went inside to check the place out.
"Hang in there..." She mumbled, looking out to the streets to make sure everything was still clear.
She looked back at the door once Desi came back out and followed her inside, checking the streets one last time before closing the door and helping him onto the couch. She knelt down next to him as she took off her backpack and shuffled through it.
She didn't have much first aid supplies from her house but before she left, she ran around her home frantically gathering things she'd need. That included bandaids, alcohol(first aid kind, if course), painkillers and various other medicines.
But clearly, bandaids aren't going to be very affective in this situation.
" Oh, Alison.. I'll secure the front door and the back door, we need to keep it as an escape if something happens. Also, uhmm.. Look around for some cloths or towels, see if the water is working in the kitchen. We need to see his wound and treat it with whatever is here.."
She heard Desi say. Nodding, she pulled out the alcohol and painkillers and closed her bag, standing up.
"Good idea..."
She headed for the kitchen first, walking over to the faucet. It worked, but hardly.
She quickly shut it off, not wanting to waste it. She then moved to the bathroom, a likely place to find towels and more first aid.
Searching she looked in the cabinet and found an old towel. It was small, but still a lucky find. She flung the towel over her shoulder and stood up, going to the other cabinet. Not much was in there, which was understandable. Who knows who else had been through here, including the original owners.
She didn't give it much look but most of it looked useless. She could always give it another look later.
Heading back into the living room she knelt down next to the couch and motioned for Desi to come
over.
"It's dark and we have shealter now, after we treat his wounds you should get some rest. You're clearly tired."

• Love
Desi moved her body at a slow motion towards the sofa, now helping Alison and the new boy. He seemed to have a pretty ugly and deep wound. She didn't knew much about these stuff anyways, but hoped Alison knew what she was doing.

" Yeah, yeah. I will keep a watch for a little while, then you can do the same as I rest my eyes. If anything happens don't hesitate to wake me up..
God knows, if something happens I don't know how much you can handle by yourself with that weapon of yours plus him as well."

Now Desi helped to clean the wound at first, looking a bit frustrated not knowing exactly how they will move in the morning. He most certainly couldn't run if they were to encounter some walkers.

They needed for sure a car to go outside the city and leave it there, after they would walk to a different place. Not that she knew where exactly they could go. A deep sigh escaped her lips, as her eyes pick up to look at the dark windows.

" We need to make a plan.. Merde! Merde!{Shit! shit!} I hate when I am stuck.. Alison if you have any ideas let me know, okay?"

A smile formed at her lips, taking her katana Desi now moved from the sofa and just sat down at the armchair, trying to sink into it's material. Her katana held tight with a strong grip just at her lap.

" Alison.. I'll close my eyes for a few minutes. If anything happens just shake me or something. Not to much sound alright?"

And with that, her eyelashes slowly closing in as her head fell to the left side of the chair, drifting of in a nice and small sleep.
Only if when she'd wake up, everything turned out to be a nightmare and in fact there we're no Zombies.

Shitty life. Something so real..

Alison smiled to herself as Desi's eyes drifted. She was happy she was getting a much deserved sleep because it was pretty obvious how worn out she was.
"Goodnight." She mumbled, smiling to herself. She quickly finished patching the man up and stuffed everything back into her bag.
Now she just had to hope that nothing bad happened while these two slept. Who knows how hard it would be to get their new friend out of here, especially at last minute. He'd definately need help.
Speaking of their new friend...she turned to look back at him, hoping he'd still be okay. Of course, the alcohol will fend off infection, and the makeshift baggages will help it as well. And the medicine will be very useful once he woke up. But his wound will take weeks to finally heal and until then, he'll be at quite a disadvantage.
She smiled softly examined the sleeping man's face. He was out like a light, taken over by a peaceful slumber.
"You're lucky we found you when we did...those walkers were after you, buddy..." She mumbled to him. "it's a miracle you know? That we found you."
Honestly, she just wanted him to wake up, but at the same time she knew sleep was best for him right now. She quickly checked his pulse to make sure he was still alright and then turned back around, leaning against the couch.
Her stomach grumbled slightly, causing her to curse slightly. She should've given Desi something to eat before she went to sheep, and she wasn't going to eat without making sure everyone else had something first.
Sighing she opened her bag and pulled out one of her books. It was the only one of her collection she had saved before she left, solely to keep herself entertained when she had nothing else to do. Solely for a moment like this.​

• Love
Desi drifted in a deep sleep, even though her body got settled in the armchair, it was rather comfortable. It kind of reminded her of her old home of the good times and when none of this nonsense actually occurred.

As if this indeed turn out to be just a nightmare, none of it being real her body shifted on the other side as her breath blew warm air onto her forearm.

She lost the track of time, remaining asleep for at least five hours, her body now feeling rather numb as it had been in the same position for so long. Desi slightly moved her hand just to sense her katana's grip and slowly, fluttering her eyelashes around the room.

Her vision was a bit blurred due the tiredness but managed to wake up by rubbing quickly her eyes. Desi looked upon Alison and the asian boy with a faint smile.

" It seems all of this makes us forget the common sense after all.
I can see humans but no sign of humanity after all... Why do I even fight in this deserted world?
I feel like I am loosing my sanity here.."

Desi stretched her body along the armchair, breathing heavily still as if she had a panic attack. Her left hand held a tight grip at her katana , standing up and wondering what she could do for the moment.
Alison was still reason the book beside the asian boy.

" Hey Alison.. You should get some rest. Now it's the chance before we go out there again.
I need to eat something first . Uhhhh my stomach is killing me.! Merde!! Oh Dieu!"{ oh shit! My God!}

Desi mumbling some swears under her breath, moving her steps towards the kitchen's counters and scavenging around to see if she might find something worthy to eat.
After a few minutes, Desi found some Oreo Biscuits, which fortunately weren't past the due date. Looking around some more. Down in a different cupboard she did find some some crisps and a smile appeared at her face.

It was like hitting the jackpot after this time.

" hey.. We can share these! I can't remember last time I had some Pringles and Oreo biscuits in the same time !!"

Desi let a smile to form at her lips, lowering her body at the nearest wall, closer to Alison and passing her some Pringles first.
Her heart was at ease in that moment as she enjoyed the moment.

A slight happiness filled her mind and would in just few minutes. It was a delight.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the first sign of a voice, Alison looked up and gave a faint smile as she noticed her friend awake. She decided to ignore her words, they were quite depressing.
"Ah, you're awake. About time."
It seemed like her caring nature had faded over the past few hours. Her tone was blunt and plain, her face was blank.
Glancing back up at her she spoke again.
"I'm not quite tired yet. I'll be fine until our next stop."
She folded the corner if the page and closed the book, looking over at her.
"Sorry, I meant to get you some food before you slept."
She said as she watched her move to the kitchen.
She smiled only slightly as she came back with the snacks and handed her a few chips.
"Grazie..." She mumbled as she took a bite from a Pringle. It was great to have food on her stomach once again. Even if it was only a bite.
She turned to get bag and shuffled through it for a moment before pulling out a water bottle and handing it to Desi.
"Drink sparingly."

Reactions: 2 people
Jae slowly woke himself up as he heard two female voices nearby. As he slowly opened eyes he found himself on an old couch, with his wound wrapped by some bandages. He slowly sat himself up, trying not to cause himself pain but fail to do so. He rubbed his forehead as felt his head throbbing in pain.

Alison felt movement on the couch behind her and turned slightly. Upon seeing the Asian boy awake she smiled softly.
"Oh, you're finally awake... You'd been out quite a while."
She reached over to grab her bag and began shuffling through the items, looking for her medicine.​

Desi smiled at the little girl's kindness, taking the water she quickly opened it and let the water to fill her mouth and soon the stomach. Indeed it had a very effect, considering the last time she had clean water was by far a lost memory.

Her eyes turned quick as the asian boy woke up and tried to sit up, obviously the pain rather visible at his expression.

" Maybe it is not a good idea to stand up just yet.. Also, before you fall asleep again can you at least tell us your name?
You know.. Just in case something happens."

Desi spoke to the boy, standing up herself so she would stop at the edge of the sofa and touched briefly his shoulder in a friendly manner. He had some good futures, couldn't quite understand if he was a Korean or Japan, that thought crossing her mind Desi shook her head so she won't embarrass herself over such trivial manner.

" You still need to rest.. We will think of a plan today and decide where we can go next. So for now you take all rest needed.

Alison any ideas? I know there might be a farm somewhere if we go the opposite side of the town, it should be safer since it's not to much population in those areas..
I sincerely don't think it's for the best to stick in the city. Just to gather some supplies and maybe find a way to move quickly.. Without to much hassle."

Desi brushed her hair with her fingers, letting out a deep sigh when her gaze stopped by he window. A small shadow passing by, as in the instant her hand grabbed her katana and tiptoes towards the door. The beating of her heart could be felt at her throat. As if it stopped there forming a nod.

"Jae... my name is Jae," he said, remembering his English. He was a little confused on what happened, he couldn't exactly remembered how he got here but he was grateful that he did. He listened to the lady asking for him name before and lied back down, wincing at the pain of his wound. He didn't that his wound was that bad and painful. As he was fully back down on the couch he noticed that the French girl was quiet pretty but he shook that thought away from him since now is not the time to have those thoughts.

Reactions: PureKor
"Obviously we can't stay in the city but...I don't know if the farm is honestly the best option. It's less populated, which is why it's more likely others would be there before us. It could be dangerous, especially with an injured."
She said quietly as she pulled out the pain killers once she finally found them in her bag.
"What's wrong?" She asked Desi as she stood up and opened the pill bottle. She poured two pills into her palm and closed the bottle before dropping it back into her bag.
"Sorry, I know you just laid down but can you sit back up real quick. You'll want to take these, and we can't have you choking."
She grabbed the water bottle and waited patiently for him to respond.
"I'm Alison, by the way. That's Desi. It's nice to meet you, although a shame we had to meet because of such an unfortunate event."
She was quiet for a moment before speaking again. "You probably have a lot of questions , we'd love to answer them when you're ready to ask...just take it easy."

Reactions: PureKor
Spencer easily noticed the look of interest that the twins expressed upon observing his kitchen knife. There was nothing special about it except that it was one of those Miracle Knives that were being sold on tv before this shitstorm happened. He had countless sets of those knives stocked away across his other safe houses so he didn't mind losing one.

"Well, by all means, you can keep that knife though that won't do you much good when it comes to combat purposes compared to a Survival Knife. I have a lot in stock of those with varrying sizes and shapes. I'll make sure to give you a couple." He told them nonchalantly.

Spencer's eyebrows furrowed upon listening to Jack's plan. True that the boy may be skilled but it would only be a matter of time before those same skills would fail him. He eyed him uncomfortably before he began his lecture.

"In this world, there were 3 types of survivors. There are the dumb survivors who prefer sticking inside the city. They were the Scavengers. They think that they have a high chance of survival because everything can be plucked out from abandoned establishments for free. Scavengers tend to rip each other to shreds once scarcity sets in. It is in this state of desparation that they can be considered as dangerous. Still, these people would gamble living amongst majority of the undeadfor the sake of living easy.

Then there were the Logicals. They chose the safety of rural areas where there is less population, which is the logical choice since there is a lower chance of getting infected. However, based on my observations, the logicals way of survival is flawed because of some reasons: 1.) They may not be careful enough to easily let outsiders into their group. Outsiders that could stab them in the back at any given moment. 2.) Then there is the scarcity of supplies. If one were to settle on a farm property and try to grow some crops and raise livestock, they could sustain themselves for quite some time. However, if a natural disaster were to occur, such as El Nino and La Nina phenomenon, famine and death of livestock, the little supplies that the group has stored could be a spark for the logicals to turn on each other.

Then there are the preppers. The ones who have time to prepare for the apocalypse. These can range from expert survivalists to the common trained civilian. They managed to stock up on supplies and found a way to ensure a self-sustaining way of life. They know which places to go and which to avoid. They also know when to take risks and when to think logically.

With this in mind, belonging to the prepper classification doesn't ensure that you'll be guaranteed survival from a nightmare like this nor does belonging to the Scavenger or Logical classification label you instantly as a casualty. In the end, it was all about statistics and the only way to survive is having the drive and the conviction to do so. " He said in a grim tone. This was coming from somebody who has seen it all and lived to tell about it.

"As I said, you all are welcome to join me in my misadventures. But I will not force you. The choice is up to you alone but if we are to include statistics into the equation, you chaps have a wee bit higher chance of surviving the zomvie apocalypse if you stick with me. " He said matter-of-factly.

Last edited:
  • Love