Beginning of the end-Zombie Apocalypse

Forever the silent type, Alex would always watch conflicts from a distance. Yet this would not be one of those times. The kid was barely in his teens and was clearly in way over his head. He'd pulled the pistol out in an attempt to defuse the situation, but in his naivety had not realised just how much the situation could escalate. Especially in these unforgiving times when humanity was pushed to its limits.
Looking at the teen, he could see the innocence in his eyes. His heart was clearly in the right place and obviously wasn't a bad kid. He was significantly older than his daughter had been, yet he was still a child. Alex had a feeling the man infront of him was only doing this to scare the child as a lesson for holding a gun to his head in his own home. Either that, or he was a cold hearted psycho with no empathy for human life and would actually kill him.
Yet as he went to speak, the Russian's exchanged words with the blonde man. Elia went for her usual maternal, caring side. Whereas Elliot went for the polar opposite. It must have been rather amusing for the gunman to see twins acting so differently.

Alex stepped forward then, talking in a calm, neutral tone.

"The kid meant no harm. He was just trying to be a hero. Look at him, he's terrified" Alex gestured at the young teen, who was writhing on the floor in pain. "I'd say he's learned his lesson. Wouldn't you?"

Spencer let out a tired sigh after hearing what the other group had to say. The russians' response was quite amusing but it was the Brit's reply that sealed the deal. He finally calmed down and lowered his weapons.

"Yep, yep. Mr. Russian has a point. I've ripped throats out before. Let me tell you one thing that has enabled me to survive up to this point alone. It's not about the weapon. You just have to choose your battles. Never fight in a conflict you know you can't win. Sure I aimed these babies at this group but they were trespassing on private property. If they give me a reasonable response, I'd let them be. Heck I don't plan on killing them on the first place! But you just had to act like a hero. Boy this ain't fantasy land. Being a hero gets you killed. If I wasn't as merciful, I would have set the output of the shockwave at maximum level, and your guts would have been blown all over the place. With the output you received, you should be fine in 2-3 days." Spencer explained.

"Now can someone help me barricade the front entrance? I like my safe house to be actually "safe" and zomzoms free." He told them nonchalantly.

Both Elia and Elliot blinked once at the man's last words. "Zomzoms" was something the female twin would say. Was this the same man who was about to kill the teenager without a second thought or did he have some sort of disorder the twins didn't know about? To hear something like that from the blonde man was odd in the eyes of the male Russian, but rather normal for the female Russian. To her, it was just another word out of her childish vocabulary. The jet black haired girl helped Jack to his feet and allowed him to use her as support.

"Will boy be able to stand on his own?" She asked him, concern lacing her tone of voice.

Elliot looked over to the blonde and nodded. "I will help you. What do you go by?" He asked, now knowing one person on his list not to fuck with. With what the man said earlier, Elliot was beginning to think Spencer had some mental issues.

Spencer nodded appreciatively at the male russian. At least some people are being helpful. "Well I got some loose boards down at the basement. We should board up the entrance first using those. Then we'll just place some furniture against it. It's not going to be as sturdy as the door you guys kicked open but it's better than nothing. I'll get the boards, some nails and hammers. I think it's better for you to stay on guard at the front entrance. We don't want any biters or scratchers to sneak up on us. " Spencer replied before he started towards the basement.

The basement in itself looked like a cross between a garage and a mini laboratory since he was using this as a maintennance bay for his vehicle and his weapons. He grabbed a couple of board from a metal workbench, a small bucket of nails and his toolbox. He returned shortly afterwards and handed Elliot one of the hammers.

"My name's Spencer by the way, Spencer McKnight. Mind telling me yours? And your sister must be so innocent to think that. Times like these, people are desperate enough to kill each other for supplies. Me? I haven't stooped down to that level and I never will. I was a prepper so I was prepared for shit like this from the beginning. I've got a lot more safe houses scattered around the United States. If this one runs out of supplies or gets compromised, I'd simply move to the next one. I wouldn't mind sharing my blessings with you guys. But know this... What I hate the most are people who betray my trust. You stab me in the back and I'll blow your head off." Spencer told Elliot as he began boarding up the front entrance.

Jack laughed as he caught the Beretta, "that's what I thought," he sat back down on the couch. "So you only know it's straight to the North but have no idea how far or to get there by road where we could make better time?" Jack said still chuckling. "Seeings as it's already getting dark what do you say we postpone this trip til morning so we don't get stuck in the woods without shelter? And yes, I do have a small pack here and a larger one on my bike out back along with a machete." Jack looked up at the girl hoping she'd realize that going tonight wouldn't be the best idea and would choose to stay instead of venturing on her own.

Alison gripped her golf club and threw it over her shoulder, eyes moving upward to look at the clear sky.
Desi was right. They had to get going, and she knew it. Finally, she'd been leaving this awful forest. She'd never have to see another depressing campsite again.
Of course, she new absolutely nothing about this area of New York so she just hoped her new companion knew more about the forest then she did.
She nodded slightly as she averted her eyes back to her.
"No, you're right. It's better to get out of these woods and try and find shelter..." She spoke softly.
Alison looked up uncertainly at the dancing leaves. She watched as the wind ripped them from their homes on the branches and twirled onto the ground for just a short moment before turning her head towards the direction they were planning to go.
The silence was uncanny, it made her stomach drop. But it wasn't completely bad. The only noise she was worried about were gunshots or distant groaning. And she heard neither of those things. But it was best to leave before she did.
"I'm Allison, by the way." She said bluntly before turning and looking back at her, nodding her head to signal the other to follow before she began moving, her pace slightly quicker then a normal walk.
The only noise seemed to be the quiet rustles of dying leaves under their feet, but kept her ears open for anything else.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Jack couldn't speak much as they talked about his fate basically. What would he say that would help his case, they saw him as a kid who apparently needed to learn a lesson. At least the Brit said something that looked to affect the stranger. While the female Russian twin came down to his aid, she seemed to be the more friendlier than her brother, who just gave jack the straight truth of what could happen. But what surprised him is how the stranger gave in to what the group had to say in jacks defense. A wave of relief washed over him as he saw the gun get lowered. Then the sister helped him stand, giving him the support of her shoulder, it sort've made him feel lower. To now rely on the help of others. He didn't like that feeling.

"I can stand, don't worry. But thank you" he said sincerely. His legs worked fine, everything functioned properly. Though he felt extremely dizzy and off setting. He just used one hand on the wall to keep his balance. He then let go of her shoulder and stood still, he wasn't sure what to do so he stood in the hallway watching the two fix up the door. He took his free hand and put his gun on safety and slipped it into the back of his pants, just so the handle was sticking out.

Elliot did as told and waited for the other man to return with the tools. He stole a glance to his little sister, who was helping the man stand. The elder brother held absolutely no compassion for the teenager, all the while the younger sister wanted to aid him as much as possible. Elia stood back a bit after the teenager stood back up on his own. She gave him a single, small nod.

"If you need help, come to me.. What is your name?" The jet black haired girl asked the teenager, wanting to know what to call him at least.

The male Russian took the hammer and a nail, beginning to hammer the nails through the board. "Elliot Alistratov and my sister is Elia. Second names not important." Elliot introduced himself after the man said his words. Jesus H. Christ, it was as though the man was possessed by the Devil for his last two sentences. "Sister and I are not traitors, do not worry. I trust you will not be traitor, you may expect the same from us." He assured the other man.

• Love
Reactions: Accelerator
Once the two were finished boarding the front entrance, they proceeded to movinh furniture against it. The couch was the most suitable thing to barricade the door. After they finished their work, Spencer voiced out his concern regarding Elia

"I'm a bit worried about your sister. The world has been one fucked up place to begin with. Now that this shit happened, it's gotten more fucked up. At first, it was only "them" you should worry about. But now that times are getting desperate, one must also be wary of the living. There may be safety in numbers but you do not know who will stab you in the back when you least expect it. You should protect that innocence of hers. I'm afraid it may be the only thing keeping her together." He told Elliot before standing up and calling the attention of everyone.

"I bet you guys hadn't had a decent meal in ages. Tell me what you'd like for dinner and I'll try whipping it up for you." Spencer offered with a kind smile on his face.

Last edited:
Jae was on the verge of collapsing as he was struggling to run away from the zombies, even though he was well away from them but he wasn't going to risk it since he wasn't fit and well enough to fight. Before all this happened, he was driving with a couple of friends until they tried to swerve around a zombie thinking it was human but only to flip the car over a couple of times. Jae was the only one who survived with a massive cut of the right side of his rib cage and other cuts. The rest died immediately, soon turning into zombies. Once he finally got out of the car, he saw numerous amounts of zombies heading his way, making run faster than he ever could. Only making his injuries and his well being worse than before.

Jae's legs suddenly gave up on him and fell on the cold, rough ground. He winced from the pain from his rib cage from every breath he took, it was extremely painful. He was hungry, thirsty and couldn't fix his own wound, he didn't have any food, water or medical supplies. Jae could feel himself passing out.

Jack nodded his head in response to the twin. "My name is Jack Wyoming...and...thanks again" he spoke, trying not to seem weak. He didn't want to rely on others, it never proved to be best choice, as the outcomes were always bad. Plus, just like spencer said (hearing his name by ease dropping) this world is cruel, and acting like a hero will get you killed. So dealing with the harsh reality, will help him with future obstacles. He knows how cruel everything can be, he's seen it first hand, something that'll haunt him till the day he dies.

Jacks head then perked up. The sound of food reminded him how hungry he really was. Then his stomach growled exposing how hungry he was 'damn it...'

Elia gave a small, single nod of the head. "I am Elia Alistratov and brother is Elliot.. No reason to thank me." She responded to him. The best way to keep the group together was if they all got along, so why not get to know them and make a few friends? If she had to be the tie that held the group together, then so be it. So long as they're not fighting to kill each other. Elliot, on the other hand, refused to become too close to any of them. For all he knew, their end was coming and he wasn't going to put himself through that emotional distress. He knew he would have to tell Elia that getting too close to the members of the group would prove devastating when their time came for death, be it old age or premature.

Spencer was right and the elder twin had already been doing so. Elliot has been protecting the innocence Elia has held ever since their parents had died. The last thing he and his parents would have wanted was for the sweet younger twin to become some psychopathic monster. Sure she knew of the infected and that she had to kill them to survive, but she doesn't believe that they should be cautious of other people. The girl was still unaware that any day now they could accept someone to their group who would rape and kill her with no remorse. Elliot knew perfectly well the intentions a man could hold when deprived of a pretty girl for so long, he's had to kill men who were determined to have their way with Elia. But as far as Elia knew, Elliot just scared them off, and he intended to keep it that way.

At the sound of food, Elliot's and Elia's stomachs grumbled. Elia looked over to Spencer, saying the words both she and her brother were thinking. "Brother and I only know food that need delicate spices and too much time. Other men should make choice." She told Spencer with her own kind smile, receiving a nod in agreement from her brother.

Jack shrugged, wincing slightly as his body was now sore "burgers?" He said, just loud enough to be heard. The only reason he asked, was because it was something his dad knew how to make, and he knew how to make it well. Adding onions, cheese melted in the meat. Gave it all the flavor it needed, though it was rare when there was time to make it, after all the hours worked, his father didn't have time for such petty things. But then this happened, and well, looks like dad doesn't got any any time.

Every step taken felt like hours. The earth under her shoes crackling like a wild animal. Every breath has become heavier by second. Only if this nightmare would end already. To bad it was Real.

Desi's eyes gaze upon the surroundings, carefully walking at a quicker peace with Alison. The trees in the forest looking rather scarier as they moved forward.

It was startling quickly how the bright light of the sky over the open path was all nearly extinguished.
Desi and Alison became hyper sensitive to sounds. Sounds different from than cherry chirping of the now receded meadow.

Desi's legs helped her to move faster now, her right hand always kept at her katana. As they both moved along, after a while finally arrived outside the scary forest at a main road. A few cars at a distance occupied the what it was before, a highway.

" Right.. I say let's move down the road and we reach the city. Well what's left of it. Grab any supplies you can and we can share them.. "

Desi nodded her head at Alison, stepping with caution when passing along the damaged cars, going down the road. For some reason, Fear was growing inside of her causing her heart to beat at a faster speed. They had to be cautious. No matter what.

Desi's grip on the sword tighten, scanning the area, looking from time to time around the abandoned cars. A rot smell filled the air, making almost your stomach to twirl badly.

However, moving along Desi now saw at a not to far away distance, buildings and some houses. More cars in the road. It was a part of a city. Deep down she already knew, that maybe this was a mistake after all. But they had no choice rather than go finding a shelter and secure a place for the upcoming night.

" We are nearly there.. Just try to be quiet. We don't want any company.. Except if it was Vin Diesel, perhaps then I'll re consider it."

Desi saying with a faint smile, trying to joke around a bit. The street there was full with abandoned cars in the middle of the road, the doors open when the people rush to leave but didn't stood a chance. Now the population is probably half turned into The Infected.

She stopped at a car, carefully giving it a look by taking a few cans of what they seem, tuna and three small bottles of water. Desi passed them to Alison, before moving along more deeper into the infected city.

As then she sudden stop her footsteps, giving a sign to Alison with her hand to do the same. A sound came from the distance.
A Walker already? A deep gulp of her own saliva filled her dry throat, as she moved forward and hold the katana in front of her ready for anything.

The groaning sound became more preeminent with every step taken, the loud beating of her heart almost echoing in her head. More groaning kept her alert, when at just a few feet a few walkers were coming straight to her direction.
But it was because on the ground at a car distance away, it was a man on the ground bleeding somehow in pain.

Desi wasn't quite sure if that man was bitten or just injuried. Her body moved before she could give a second thought, stepping faster to the man as the walkers closed in at their direction.

In defence mode, Desi swing her Katana at a fast motion to the right, putting all her strength she has left to cut the Undead's head. The other one came to close and almost got her hand, Desi kicked him in the chest with the back of the sword really had as then she stabbed the Woman through her skull. The body fell to the ground.

" Face de pute! Ferme ta Bouche!!"{ Face of a slut! Shut your mouth}.
Alison come and help this man, check if he is bitten. Hurry. We gotta move."

Desi saying for Alison, lunching to the other zombie. Which limbs sticking out in a disgusting way, groaning in hunger towards her; another quick swing of the sharp katana, cut the Undead's arms and then kick it in the chest, in a rotator motion before the sword went straight through the eye. More blood splatter over Desi's hand and face, with the zombie now dead.

Desi tried to catch her breath, looking in the distance for any more corpses, or any other sounds. Her body was beyond tired, lowering her katana, Desi kept breathing heavy. Pain came across her leg, numbness capturing it but she decided to ignore it. There was no time for this.

After hearing the requests or rather lack of requests of his new found allies, Spencer turned towards the fellow Englishman to inquire about his thoughts for supper. However, the expression of distrought that emanated from him was enough to convince Spencer to give the Brit some space. He was unsure about this gentleman. He had tried to reason for the life of Jack but Spencer sensed that this fellow no longer cared about his. He had encountered people like these before. Those whose minds and souls have been shattered beyond repair. Based on his experience, if this fellow doesn't pull himself together, it was only a matter of time before he thinks about ending it all at once. If Spencer had been a completely empathetic and compassionate person, he would have tried to pull this man out of the darkness he has created within him and convince him that life is worth living. But only a fool would do that nowadays. If the brit chooses to go on his seperate way or end it once and for all, then what right does he have to deny him of that decision.

With a tired sigh, Spencer began preparing dinner. He fired up the grill and started grilling some burgers while he cooked some pieces of ham, heated the buns, and placed the rice on the rice cooker. He still had fresh ingredients since his electric supply was still running. The solar panels installed on the rooftop provide electricity that powers the household appliances, especially the refrigerator.

Once he was done cooking, he began placing the plates and silverware. He grabbed a large bowl and a can of mixed fruits then he poured the contents and poured some condensed milk and all-purpose cream on it afterwards. After mixing it, he served the fruit salad at the table.

"Well everyone, Bon apetit!" Spencer said as he presented the banquet. The burgers acted as the appetizer. Cheese was melted into the meat before caramelized onions were placed. The main course was the seasoned ham sprinkled with honey. There wa also rice. The dessert was the fruit salad although Spencer was a bit unsatisfied about it since he didn't get to refrigerate it before serving.

"Don't be shy! There's plenty for everyone. Eat to you hearts' content." Spencer said in a reassuring voice.

Elliot and Elia had seated themselves at the table as the blonde man cooked their meal. They were both watching as the other man cooked, exchanging glances at each other every now and then while he did so. The apocalypse had began before the two of them could indulge themselves in real American food. Seeing the meaty goodness and sniffing the enticing aroma made their stomachs likes dogs barking at the end of their chains. They really wanted their food.

Both eyes looked at each other once again, then back to the amazing food. "Что это такое потрясающее блюдо? (What is this amazing meal?)" Elia asked her elder brother, who shrugged his shoulders.

"Я не знаю но ... Он пахнет хорошим ... Хорошо выглядит ..." He poked the burger once. "- Это не нападение на меня ... Он должен быть хорошим. (I don't know but... It smells good... Looks good... Isn't attacking me... It must be good.)" He concluded to his sister, picking up the fork. The reasons for this was so he didn't risk getting blood on it and because he had never picked up his food before. His sister had done the same, the two of them cutting off a piece of the food before taking the first bite. The shuddering of their bodies indicated that they really enjoyed the food.

Kat hesitated and sighed. "Yeah. Sometimes roads don't go straight north. Especially because you have to go through the forest. That means dirt pathways its easier to get lost on and such..." She shrugged, looking over her shoulder. "I gotta grab a can opener. I'll be back." Kat made her way to the closet and crawled to the back, taking her key off to unlock it. The light of dusk just barely shown the stairs and she carefully made her way down, softly running the bottoms of her shoes on the wood down to the cellar. Once she got to the bottom she ran her fingers along walls and grooves until she found her desk. Her hand bumped into something cold and metal. "Ah-hah!" Her hand clamped down on it.

"Ouch!" Instead of getting the can opener her hand fell down on the sharp edges of a clean tuna can. "Fuck." She could feel the wetness of blood running down her left hand and used her right to continue searching. She didn't know how zombies worked, but now she certainly hoped it wasn't by sense of smell. It wasn't long until she found the can opener sitting next to the open can and trudged her way back up the stairs, bean bag in toe. She would sleep on it together, as her bedroom was too unsafe to go into at this point. One wall a car had crashed into and completely broke from the side. As she crawled out the door and locked it behind her, she glanced down at her hand. It didn't look like a bad wound, but you never knew.

Jack wondered where Kat disappeared to but waited patiently on the couch. When she got back he had to stifle a chuckle because somehow in the five minutes she was gone she had managed to cut herself. Her hand was pouring blood and didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon.

"I have a small med kit in the saddle bags on my bike if you'd like me to take a look at it. I'm no doctor but I have basic field dressing training." said Jack standing up to get a closer look. He noticed her bean bag chair and felt relieved that she was okay with staying for the night. He couldn't fathom the idea of leaving the safety of the house not to mention the comfortable couch he just vacated.

Jack watched cautiously as they ate. For some reason he just felt a little uneasy, specially after watching movies and reading articles on how others get mauled or raped from certain instances. Like how the meat might be from a murdered body. But it appeared to not be poisoned, and he didn't see any bodies laying around...or creepy sheds. So he wobbled his way to a chair before grabbing a plate and a burger and sat down. The smell of the food made it practically irresistible. So he grabbed it and took the first bite, the flavor sizzled in his mouth as he ate the burger. A flash of all the memories with his dad, hit him with such force, it was hard to hide his almost oncoming tears. Luckily he did, but he didn't stop eating the burger, almost like a starving animal. Nothing stopped him from eating it, so he then grabbed another. Right after he inhaled the first one.

Both Elliot and Elia stared at Jack as he practically inhaled his burger (about to be "burgers"). Both Russians had learned all their lives that they must eat with mannerisms no matter where they were. Seeing the teenager slam his burger down like that reminded them when they had entered a unrecognized 'fast food' restaurant that served pizza by the plate. They had witnessed an American woman eat a lot like Jack was doing. The two twins couldn't believe their eyes to see someone eat their meal like a rabid animal, and they still weren't used to it. Both twins shared a glance before they both thought of the same thing.

"Американцев ... (Americans...)" They concluded to each other before continuing to eat their meal properly.

• Love