Beginning of the end-Zombie Apocalypse

Elliot and Elia both had eaten with the other girl. The reason Elia ate was because her brother sat her down and made her eat something. The Russian girl didn't like eating all that much because she was afraid of getting fat. Of course, Elliot would have none of it. Now, he looked back to the blonde woman who had whispered to him. He shrugged once to Desi as Elia sat idly.

"It is their loss.." He said then looked over to his sister, who was looking at him.

Then both twins looked to Desi. "Desi?" Elia began. "Are you alright now? You did not seem so good earlier..." The Russian girl said to the blonde woman. She was openly concerned about Desi's well being, unlike her brother who would never be so open like her.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Nora let out a giggle, hearing what Jack had said, before letting him go. It was true that she had stalled him for quite some time now and the thought of the others thinking they were doing naughty things was too embarrassing even for a loose cannon like her. Still, she was on top of the world at that exact moment since Jack had practically said to her that he likes girls like her. It meant she had a chance with him which was good enough for her. All she wanted was someone she could be with for the rest of her life.... And not just someone. She wanted someone she could depend on and at the same time could depend on her. She wanted someone to lean on lest her sanity finally breaks. All those days of isolation only worsened the Darkness inside her. A Darkness which is both a blessing and a curse. Every McNight had it, including Spencer and of course... her elder brother. The mere though of him was enough for her moment of bliss to transform into a painful reminiscence of the past. She loved her brother and Spencer dearly... but even when she was still by his side, he felt his darkness bending his mind and making him a psychopath in a gentleman's attire. He was the indirect cause of Monika's death... all because Simon wanted to retrieve her from Spencer. Then again, if it weren't for her, Spencer would have had the opportunity to rescue Monika before the damned undead got to her. Spencer's sufferings were all because of her and yet he hadn't once blamed her for it. That's why she cannot place any more burdens upon him or otherwise he might finally break. As much as she wanted to, she had to stop relying on him and find someone else to lean on. And now she was grateful that she might just have found that person.

"Alright, Darling~! Let's go downstairs and have dinner." She announced enthusiastically before latching onto Jack's arm again.

jack threw the gray tank top on and was suddenly grabbed and brought downstairs to the dinner table...that was full of food. all kinds... his jaw could've dropped to the floor if it could. he then looked back to Nora "damn...you made all of that" his eye twitched " no way in hell would I have he patients for that" he said before grabbing a plate and steak. He had a knife and a fork, he cut a piece of the steak and place it in his mouth, before chewing slowly. "not bad... "he muttered. this time jack was using table manners, unlike last time. He wiped his lips with a paper towel and then place it gently down next to the plate before cutting another piece.​

Nora giggled after she saw the satisfaction on Jack's face as he ate the food she prepared. She also began eating as well but half of the time, she was staring at him eat. She thought it was cute when he just pigged out at first when he started eating then became civilized afterwards which was quite considerate of him. Although, she liked the former better as it expressed an innocence like that of a child which has yet to be tarnished by this world. She hoped that he would not cage that side of him too often.

"Yeah, I made all of this. Is my cooking delicious? Am I housewife material already, darling?~" She asked playfully before winking at him.

Jack just took another bite of the steak, "I feel like your hinting to something, but I'm too hungry to realize it at this moment" he countered taking another bite and closing his eyes to savor the flavor. for some reason, his mind was now else where. no not on some magical steak journey, but he began to think of how he would keep himself safe out there in the world that was now hell. Arsenal is what came to mind, weapons and clothing. did he have enough in his arsenal to defend himself? no he didn't he needed to train, keep his reflexes at his peek, he needed to be better. and he needed more weapons... Still he didn't know why steak made him think about this, but he was glad it made him realize this. because if it weren't for spencer or anyone else, he wouldn't be breathing right now would he.

once he finished he got up, took his plate to the sink and grabbed his hoodie. "if yall need me, ill be outside" he said sincerely before walking out the door. he walked out to the yard and turned around to look at the building.... large in size, tall as well. He nodded his head and began doing simple stretches, he knew he was at a disadvantage thanks to spencer's gun. once done with the stretches, he took another look at the building, and knelt down before charging for the window, he jumped. landing right above it, and used the other window to grip onto. right arm held onto it, and pulled him up. he almost mad it to the roof at the third floor, as soon as he gripped onto the roof a sharp pain shot down his chest making him let go and fall back "shit shit shit shit SHIT" he said falling back, as he fell he grabbed onto the roof for the front door porch, allowing him to swing onto the porch, going into a roll and back onto his feet putting a hand down to stop him from rolling to far. "t-that was too close...." he said out of breath.

Desi had finished eating the homemade food, setting the empty plates into the sink and took another plate for the pancakes. With her hand, Desi had taken a fork and put some pancakes onto the plate before leaning on the counter with her back. She had remained silent for a while, just listening and watching everyone else at the table, as she are her sweet pancakes.

For a moment everything seemed normal once again, before her fork had fallen down to the ground and made a loud sound. Desi looked at it emotionless, setting aside the plate and kneeled to take the form, rising her body back up. Then her emerald eyes turned at Ellia.

" I am perfectly fine. I will be good, no worries... I want to ask you guys something. How we will sleep ?
And who will take the first round as a watcher before we switch ?"

Desi said for everyone present in the kitchen, with a deep sigh escaping her lips and put aside the last plate and fork in the sink. Then, her eyes had turned to the window outside seeing in distance a man crawling by a car.

" The night is falling upon us rather quickly.. I can see already a undead at 300 yards from the house. I guess at night time, they will begin to roam around as perhaps.. They don't have anymore flesh.. Disgusting beings!"

Desi said banging her right fist on the kitchen counter, with a frown at her face while her heart begun to pound stronger at her chest.

What will happen to all of them in he future ? Will they be indeed.. Able to survive this fucked up world ?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Both Elliot and Elia didn't think about the sleeping arrangements, but they figured that they would end up sharing a bed together or something. They had been sharing a sleep area since the beginning of their survival. Elliot had become his sister's own private pillow, and it was rather embarrassing for a man such as himself. Russian men should not be someone's "teddy weddy". He and his sister took the plates to the sink, Elia washing the dirty dishes while her brother dries then puts them away.

"Sleep arrangements will have to be made when all friends are present. We must come to agreement." Elia said, nearly dropping a plate when her friend slammed her fist on the kitchen counter. "Please do not hurt yourself, bestest friend. The night watch arrangements will have to take place as well. Perhaps you would take the night watch with Elliot?" She asked then looked at her older brother, who really didn't care what was going on or what the girls were talking about. His main objective at the moment was drying then stacking.

After finishing his maintenance on his weapon, Spencer emerged from the basement with a bored look on his face. He had nothing to do but eat dinner and retire for the night. Heading towards the kitchen, he ignored the majority of the people present, especially the russian twins. He wasn't in the mood to interact with them. Grabbing the serving of food that Nora put away for him, he used the microwave to reheat his food, pressing the buttons to indicate 1 minute and 30 seconds of reheating. After waiting for the microwave's familiar *ding* sound that indicates the completion of the reheating procedure, he transferred the contents to another plate, grabbed a spoon and fork, then went to the living room to eat and get some alone time.

However, his alone time quickly came to an end when Nora followed him to the living room. Fortunately, she at least allowed him to have a few quick spoonfuls of her cooking before saying anything.

"So, what are you planning to do now, Spence. You've gathered quite a number of capable people in your team." Nora asked curiously.

After finishing the last spoonful of his food, Spencer placed the empty plate on the table and settled himself on the couch.

"It is ominous to discuss things like that at this ungodly hour. Night is the time of the dead." He simply replied nonchalantly.

'Muu! I didn't know you're quite superstitious for a man of science, Spencer. C'mon, tell your cute cousin already." Nora pleaded.

"It would be better to have this discussion tomorrow morning. Everyone is tired and I'm sure the last thing they want to talk about is anything related to those monsters. Besides, if I were to give a lecture about Zomzoms, then I would prefer if everyone is present and alert."

"You're really not gonna talk, huh? Oh Well!" She sighed an idea struck her. "Say, what do you think about Elia?" She asked enthusiastically, making Spencer choke on the tea he was sipping.

"What about her? She's an extremely cheerful and compassionate person, almost rivaling your hyperactivity. I'm honestly surprised that someone like her had made it this far in the apocalypse. People like her... the goody-two shoes. They're the ones who usually die first. Still, her survival could be attributed to her brother. Among the two, I can say that he is the more logical thinker. Although they are different for twins, they compliment each other and fill in each one's weaknesses and short-comings. Kinda makes me want to have a little sister too... But I'm glad I do not have one. Such deep attachments.... when severed... can be fatal in this world we live in now." Spencer explained.

"Eh? Hmph. You're no fun!" She retorted.

"Huh? What did you expect me to say?"

" `Nora.. the truth is... I like... no I love her! In fact, I think about her day and night. She completes me and I cannot live without her!` or something romantic like that!!!" She exclaimed, earning her a karate chop to the head courtesy of Spencer's right hand.

"You and your delusions, Nora." He chastised her before leaning against the sofa. Before he knew it, he had already fallen asleep while sitting and Nora had taken advantage of the situation by turning his lap into a pillow.

TIME SKIP TO NEXT MORNING AFTER THIS POST!

• Love
Reactions: Jessica
Jack rubbed his shoulder, still sore, but it was tolerable. From the kneeling position he was in, he got up, and heard the groan a distance behind him. He spun around expecting to see a horde...but saw one zombie, limping his way to jack slowly. Jack pulled out the pistol and walked closer and closer to the creature, but he stumbled as his foot caught a 2 by 4. He stopped, looked at the plank of wood and the zomzom. He put the pistol in the back of his pants and picked up the wood and looked at the male monstrosity with a raised eyebrow. He then took the plank, and cracked it against its skull, instantly dropping. Jacks face turned violent as he then repeatedly smashed the head of the monster. Blood gushed everywhere.

After some time, he dropped the plank and looked up at the sky...it was dark and dim... Water began to hit his face. And the lightning shot across the sky. A truly scary sight for the setting of this new life. With that jack decided to make his way to the house.

The door opened, Nora and spencer were asleep, jack snuck upstairs and took the guest room, he jumped on the left side of the queen size mattress. Didn't even bother to touch the blankets, and drifted off... His last thoughts were about his losts, which made him desecrate the zombie to death earlier...it was their faults....all of them........

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PureKor
Everything seemed to get back to a normality level as soon as Desi had fallen asleep. Even if that moment of pure peace didn't last long, still it made her feel better somehow.

However, After just a few short hours of sleep on the sofa downstairs, just because she had been to concerned of the well being of the others, Desi had decided to stay downstairs. Just jn case.
It was still nighttime outside, as she slowly moved from the sofa, wincing at a sore left arm holding the katana. Desi, moved closer to the window and listened to the silence. It was an odd silence, leaving her feeling with a deep knot taking form inside her stomach. Something strange about all this.

" I wonder why is it so quiet.. I don't remember to be so quiet even at night time. Are the Z's already tired of roaming the cities? I think is something bad about to happen.."

Desi whispered to herself, gripping tighter her sword and with the other hand, rubbed her tired eyes just before making a quick stretching movement. Then, her body moved toward the kitchen, in the search of some water.

As just seconds later, a sound caught her attention coming from the back door. Her senses were telling her, they might be like footsteps. Then again.. Maybe she was going insane already.

Therefore, Desi took a gulp from the tiny bottle of water, before moving slowly and cautious toward the door, squeezing her sword. Anything or anyone, would not scare her on that moment.

Fuck it..