Begin Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon made it to the Ragnarok safely because he shot and tazed sixteen people on his way past while his mech diverted a good deal of attention from him. Once inside the cargo bay, the furyian said "alright, Victor, fall back. All parties are aboard their ships safe and sounds."
"Copy that, boss." The a.i. did as the mech backed up into the bay autocanons still blazing to ensure that nobody else could draw close to the ship. Once inside, the cargo bay door closed and Victor stopped shooting.
"Victor. Complete lockdown. Nobody gets in and I don't leave until this mess is over." Leon ordered
"As you command, sir." Victor replied as the airlocks we sealed and the cargo bay door locks engaged.

The gravcar hummed louder as Ajax accelerated the vehicle out of its parking spot and onto the roadway. Unfortuneately it didn't have sirens so he had to weave through traffic carefully. He narrowly missed hitting a passenger vehicle. "Still getting used to how this thing handles. It's a Lot different from the land racer I had back home." They were nearing the docks within a couple minutes and the fighting could already be heard. "I like the 42nd amendment to the galactic constitution because it gives people the ability to defend themselves, but this is ridiculous."
Karina scoffed in amusement. "Just land already. Better late than never." She turned her head away from Ajax, then situated herself for the landing, as well as the fighting. It was time to bring these bozos down.

Ajax landed the vehicle near a police line. What was left of it atleast. He donned his Laz rifle as he stepped out. "Watch the right, I'll get the left." He used the vehicles front as cover. He fired short bursts and took down a good deal of rioters. "Any ideas? They aren't letting up."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindred lies on his back, listening to the sounds of various projectiles bouncing off the thick shielding of his ship. He thinks over the past hour or so, how terrible it's all been. He'd gone from being an unemployed almost-thirty-year-old to an apocalypse refugee to war zone survivor and then back to unemployed over the course of a fraction of a day. Technically, he was still in a war zone, but the riot was bound to be disbanded by police soon and he could get back to the task at hand.
Rolling onto his side and getting to his feet, he properly checks the laser wound on his upper arm. Both his jacket and t-shirt had been burned through, and the skin underneath wasn't looking much better. Blood was trickling through and staining the cloth a bit, but it wasn't serious. He hoped there was a first-aid kit on board, because he sure as hell wasn't going outside anytime soon.
Boots clicking on the hard metal floor of the dark engineering bay, the dark silhouette of the industrial security suit stood ominously in the shadow. He stepped up the pace a little and took the stairs up at the far end of the bay to the cockpit and crew quarters.
The quarters were actually quite roomy; a TV, computer terminal, and couch sat in one area while the bar and sparsely stocked kitchenette stood in another. A few doors along the left wall led to three bedrooms, one of which was marked "CAPTAIN". "Here's hoping I don't need three people to get off the ground." He walks through the room to the door across marked "BRIDGE".
The bridge held one large, padded chair with two other chairs off to each side of the room. The auxiliary chairs were facing the walls and were attached to a rail in the floor, apparently stored so that one person could work all three jobs from one computer. He walks over to the chair and sits in it, taking his remove out and putting it into a depression on the dash. The console flickers to life, with the Malabar logo appearing in the windshield display. The engines whir to life and the lights come on all around the ship. "Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey." He pats the dash a couple times and a prompt comes up with a simple prompt: Please enter the ship name. "Monde", he types. "It's the price I paid for this ship. I hope it pays for itself in the long run."

"Victor, establish a line of communication to the ship next to ours. Let's see if he wants to join the team." Leon said from the captain's seat on the bridge of the Ragnarok.
"As you wish, sir." The A.I. said before he hailed the white ship next door. Leon was serious about recruiting the man. He was wanting to form a good crew and he could use all the help he could get with his line of work.
@Hibou48888

Last edited:
A hail notification popped up, obscuring the Welcome to your new Malabar Class B3 Frigate message that had popped up not but a few seconds prior. Kindred, puzzled, accepts the hail and enters the channel. Recognizing the face that had helped him a few minutes before, he says "Oh! Hey, guy. Thanks for that, back there. I wouldn't be here without ya. What do you need?"

"Wow, you are straight and to the point," Ana replied to the man offering her a fencing job, a bit shocked at how open he seemed. Then she realized that he would, indeed, kill her if she said no. Thinking about her current situation, she decided to say the heck with doing the 'right' thing. The right thing had her family killed. The right thing had her alone in this universe. She had nothing else to lose.

"All right. I'm in. Just," Ana paused a moment, "no killing anyone. Actually, I don't know if you do, but if you do, no killing anyone around me. I don't want to know." Her eyes darting around, unable to stay on the floor or the man. Though he looked like a hardened soul, his eyes didn't reflect it.

"But I get to keep my ship!" She blurted as an afterthought. Finally, she made eye contact and grinned.

"I was wondering if you wanted to team up. The operator of my mech was my a.i., Victor." Leon said, quickly getting to the point. "We could make a good team, plus there is the pay from the bounties that get collected on. On top of that, I have my detective license. You don't have to get rid of your ship or anything for that matter. So, what do you say?" if the guy turned him down, Leon would continue looking for people to join up. He didn't know what certifications the person he was talking to had, but he knew that he needed an engineer. Once the money started rolling in, he would go and try out for his driver's license so he could operate his mech where he wanted, but he did have a way around that law because of Victor. Last time he checked, the law said nothing about a mech controlled by an A.I.
@Hibou48888

Last edited:
While tending to the wounds of others, the number of victims increased more than he could treat. Retreating protesters ran by the scene in fear of whoever were shooting at them. This made his job difficult as they were pushing him from side to side to escape. Hien was wondering where the local paramedics were at, as he seemed to be the only one tending to them.

What the hell? Where's the paramedics?! Hien thought to himself in frustration.

The injured protester he was treating now had several gunshot wounds on her. The bullet separated within her once it penetrated her body, creating several lacerations from the segmentation. With careful attention, Hien removed the pieces with his forceps. He then retrieved the med-foam from the cache and sprayed it in the needed areas. He was almost out of it.

"Does anyone know when the goddamn paramedics get here?!" Hien yelled out in frustration.

Kindred considers the offer for a couple seconds. "Bounty- Bounty hunting, eh? Well, I dunno. I've never really... Y'know, killed somebody before. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of underground work and all, but I'd need a real good reason to fuck somebody up and all. Though, bounties implies that they've done something really, really wrong, right? And I do need the money..." He spins around in his pilot's chair a couple times, hand on chin before turning back to the monitor. "Ah, sure. How else is that mech in the back gonna see use? Oh, speaking of which, I've got a mech. Industrial grade security style, built by Matterhorn. Two belt-fed machine guns and fists of literal steel. There's also a land racer in the back with a mounted machine gun, the ship itself is outfitted with a few guns and I've got a laser rifle and revolver in the armory. Eh, qualifications wise, I've got an engineering degree from a college that's probably a bunch of pebbles and dust by now, a driver's license, I'm alright with guns and got some experience evading pursuers." He hits a couple buttons on the dash that shows a couple pictures of his degree and license picture (complete with a glassed over look and drooped eyelids). "But first, I kinda wanna make a pit stop before I get started. Over at the Federation embassy. My sister worked- works there and I need to pay a long overdue visit."

A wall of shield holding riot officers pushes itself forward, opening up a little around Hien and moving forward. A few grenadiers line up behind the sheildmen, wielding grenade launchers and wearing sleek black armor. One of them comments, "You've got some real balls doing this out here. Keep your head down, eh?" towards Hien before moving on and firing a couple canisters into the crowd. A few tinks and clinks come from his armor as bullets bounce off it with little consequence to the officer, and he doesn't appear to react, full helmet facing forward.

The crowd seems to recover from the mech distraction and resumes the general chaos, however much of the fire and projectiles are directed towards the wall of shields. Many of the attacks harmlessly bounce off of the armor, but a few of the officers crumple to the ground with little more than a grunt. The rioting crowd continues it's retaliation against the increasing number of officers, but it's obvious that they seem to be backing up. It was likely this riot would end soon, unless something drastic were to happen.

Ajax landed the vehicle near a police line. What was left of it atleast. He donned his Laz rifle as he stepped out. "Watch the right, I'll get the left." He used the vehicles front as cover. He fired short bursts and took down a good deal of rioters. "Any ideas? They aren't letting up."

Karina shook her head as she equipped herself with her own gun. "Just go with it. Plans aren't of any use when these thugs are already beyond crazy." She fired a few shots before taking cover. "I would know..."

"Alright," Leon said "Just to let you know, I'll be the one on the front line. Not you, unless you want to pilot my reaper. If I remember, the mech you mentioned is lightly armored and just as lightly armed. I wouldn't want my new partner getting killed. Not while he has someone waiting for him. And yeah, that's usually the case. The people I will be hunting down are people who have managed to commit a crime and either evade or kill the cops that were chasing them. Either that or they broke out of a prison of one security level or another."
@Hibou48888

Last edited:
Kindred presses various buttons on the console to start up the engine. The ship shudders as it's brought to life, internal lights flickering on and the low hum of the engine becoming audible. "Well, I'm glad we had this conversation. I shouldn't be long, with the jump drive on this thing I should be back in a couple hours. I'll keep your ship ID in my database so we can talk later." He hits another button, and the ship shudders again as the hover engine is activated. The docking clamps engage, bringing the ship down to the floor a few feet as the enormous dock doors slide open. "I'd recommend you get out of here, too. I wouldn't want to hang out near a riot." With that said, the communication channel automatically closes for undocking procedures as the clamps run along rails in the floor at surprisingly fast speeds, throwing the enormous frigate through the oxygen shield and out into space.
The Monde fires its engines retrograde to the station, slowing to a reasonable pace. With a few more buttons pressed, a second hum emanates from deep within the ship as the jump drive starts charging.

Aramis Myrddin, darkred
The man relaxed slightly as soon as she agreed. He didn't particularly care for killing people. He smiled slightly at her most recent outburst. "Of course, of course, your ship is yours. I wouldn't dare to dream of separating you from it." He paused, looking over her smiling face again before nodding. She was cute. She displayed characteristics that forced him to question her mental integrity, but judging from everything, he expected that it could very easily be a facade. Still, despite her more obvious traits, something about her intrigued him. He couldn't tell if it was the way she moved, spoke, or what, but something about her wasn't normal. Whatever it was, he decided he liked it. "Right, well, I suppose I should introduce myself then, shouldn't I?"

He extended his hand out towards her. "My name is Aramis, Aramis Myrddin. Most people call me Requiem though. Don't ask, it's a long story." He told her. "And, as it seems we'll be working together, this is my contact information." He continued, passing along a small data clip. It was a little primitive compared to direct data transfer, but it was considerably more difficult to track. He looked around briefly before turning to face her. "I don't suppose you'd like to meet me on my ship to work out the details would you? The rest of our conversation would be best held in private."

"You would know?" He replied with a smirk. "What did you do before coming here?" As he said that he dodged a bullet and dropped his laz rifle. He drew his hydra shotgun and sprayed the rioters growing ever closer.

Leon nodded before the comm link terminated and said "Victor, show me what's going on outside."
"Sir, yes sir." The a.i. said before the image came up on the main screen, showing a line of drones laying into the rioters. "Interesting." Leon said "Victor patch me through to the two officers by the car." He then commanded
"One step ahead of you." The a.i. said before the link was engaged
"This is detective Leon Corvinus. What kept you guys and how many people are out there on our side? I had to order my a.i. to provide cover fire for me and two civilians to reach our respective ships. Give me a SitRep." The bounty hunter said.
@Orbital
@PinkArrow

Last edited:
Accepting the man - Requiem's - hand, Ana firmly shook it. Then he handed her the data clip. Essentially, they were similar to the old devices called USB drives or sticks. It was definitely a better way to provide contact information. More secure for those who had secrets to keep. Ana had her own stack of them on her ship; which she was glad would still be in her possession. The man seemed undeterred by her quirky demeanor, which was unusual. However, she now had a job. To all other eyes, it would look as if Alaina Lockbey were hired aboard any other ship. Perhaps she would make more money this way. However it turned out, Ana hoped to make a name for herself. At least she would be starting from scratch.

Requiem suggested continuing their conversation on his ship, snapping her out of her thought trails. Nodding, she muttered a 'sure' before she followed him. They left the dark hallway, headed toward the ship bay. Her hand unwittingly twirling her long, flowing, auburn hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.