Begin Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was her luck that a man seemed to spot her. She stood, waiting to ensure it was indeed her he had his eyes on. When he asked to talk away from the crowd, she let him lead her past the crowd, weaving their path through. Finally, they stopped near an empty hall lit with a blue light. It looked like the hall lead to nowhere, as the further in, the darker it became.

"How may I be of service?" Ana asked, her voice squeaking slightly as it raised. She unwittingly raised her hand to her waist-length red hair, brushing it with her fingers. It was her nervous tick. Talking to strangers was always terrifying for her. That's why her older brother had always taken care of her. A searing pang shot through her body at the thought of her family, causing her to physically flinch. Quickly attempting to cover it up, she pretended she had a sudden itch on her foot. Yes, her foot. It wasn't awkward at all when she chucked her shoe aside and began to vigorously scratch the phantom itch on the bottom of her foot.

Ana had plenty to learn still.

Kindred's walking slows down as he watches the enforcers break up the fight. He felt good knowing that the boys in blue, or in this case thick armored plates, were doing their duty. After seeing that the arrests had been mostly wrapped up, he stuffs his hands in his pockets and resumes walking down to the tram station.

Following the signs marked "To Docks", he arrived at the station, only to see that a crowd wielding picket signs had formed a blockade between the station floor and the tracks. Apparently they were protesting about a large number of things, but the word "wages" seemed to be a recurring theme. "Oh good." He says to himself. "Here's hoping they let me past."

The protesters were looking rather riled up, facing a similar group of security officers, both in size and temperament. The officers didn't appear to be making much headway at dispersing the crowd and seemed like they were simply trying to contain them. Suddenly, in one single instant, someone shouts "You're all cowards!" and throws a bottle. It crashes against one of the officer's heads while their wingman whips out their taser and fires into the crowd. A protester crumples to the ground, convulsing. Soon, more bottles were being thrown. Then signs, shoes, bricks. In a few moments the entire station had descended into chaos as the riot broke out.

"Oh, Christ!" Kindred turns tail and runs for cover as a chunk of marbled stone flies past his head. He jumps behind a nearby pillar, weapon drawn, hoping that nobody found him behind there.

Jace, in his search for work, had slowly meandered his way over to the docks, and had been observing a protest about wages or something or other, while talking to a few men about his skills as a hunter. He ended up very close to the crowd as he tried slipping through to get to his new starship. However, before he could break their ranks he heard a shatter, a buzz, more shattering and some thumps. Quickly, the whole area was engulfed in the chaos of the riot.

Narrowly avoiding being hit by tasers, bricks, batons, and fists from both sides of the flurry. Abandoning his sign, drew his twin machine pistols as a few protesters did the same, and the docks soon became a battleground. More police came rushing in, and more protesters joined from further into the docks. It was all but a war. Jace himself took cover behind a pillar, the adrenaline in his system working his body faster than he could track. he noticed another man there, as bullets of several kinds chipped away at the column they were currently using for shelter. "Helluva day, innit?" he asked the man.

"I got used to it a long time ago. I kinda feel naked without it." He tapped the side of his helmet. At the same time a call came through their comms. It was the police dispatcher. "Riot near the docks. All units respond." The dispatcher said in an urgent voice. "That's on the other side of the station." Ajax said. He turned to another officer. "Get these 3 to the station, we're heading for the docks." He turned back to Karina. "I have a gravcar parked not far from here. We should get there as quick as possible."

Kindred jumps a bit as the man slides to the pillar. After realizing that the pistols he held weren't pointed at himself, he said "Ch'yeah. One shitty event after the other." He keeps his revolver close to his chest, barrel pointed upwards. "Earlier today, I was on a bus to my cousin's house. Now I'm here, dodging bricks and bullets. It just keeps getting better..."

Leon, a soldier by birth on the now desolate planet of Furya, and the oldest of three was now alone away from the place he called home for so many years. His two sisters, who were twins, were dead. His parents had left them a while back and Leon figured they were dead too, not that the Alpha Furyian cared. To him, they died the moment they abandoned him and his sisters. He had arrived half dead with a missing arm and a missing leg, which were quickly replaced with artificial limbs, and the bill we deducted from his inheritance. He then went and got his detective and bounty hunting licences, picked up his gear and went shopping for a ship, a mech, a backup sidearm, and a few other things that could come in handy, including the blink implant. He found a carrier that was for sale and put the name Ragnarok down for the ship and registered it under his name. He also found a reaper mech that he bought and asked for it to get a new paint job while he put the name Grim Reaper down for the mech and registered it under his name just like he did for his ship. He even went out and got himself some armor and a few cells for the people he had to haul in from several different places. Did the last surviving Furyian want payback? You can bet your ass he did, but he was going to wait and strike when the time was right. In the mean time, he was content to go on a few manhunts. To say Leon was still getting used to his new mechanical limbs was an understatememt. His prosthetic were integrated so well that if he wasn't careful he would break something without meaning to. He was on his way to check out his ship and mech when all hell broke loose. He had some tazer rounds loaded in both of his revolvers and pulled them out when a bullet flew past his head and started shooting before he ducked into cover behind a pillar to reload only to look across the way to see two others who had their guns out but looked like they had been caught up in the chaos that had erupted by the docks "hey, y'all ready to break through this mess and get the hell out of dodge?" He called to the pair as he attempted to quickly load the two guns so he was ready to force his way through. It was just his luck he didn't just wear the armor he just bought. Would've made getting to his ship that much easier.

Last edited:
"I got used to it a long time ago. I kinda feel naked without it." He tapped the side of his helmet. At the same time a call came through their comms. It was the police dispatcher. "Riot near the docks. All units respond." The dispatcher said in an urgent voice. "That's on the other side of the station." Ajax said. He turned to another officer. "Get these 3 to the station, we're heading for the docks." He turned back to Karina. "I have a gravcar parked not far from here. We should get there as quick as possible."
Karina laughed at his statement, but immediately grew quiet at the message being sent through the comm. God damn- this day just doesn't get any better... Karina thought sourly on the inside. Just when she thought she'd be getting another break by standing around and keeping tabs on everyone. She gave him a big grin, a hint of smirk hidden within. She was definitely ready to take down more thugs. "Lead the way."

He nodded and ran half a block. He rouned a corner onto a street and his gravcar right there floating quietly. He unlocked it and got in. "Get in." he said as the passenger side door opened. The vehicle hummed smoothly when he hit the ignition button.

Walking over to his locker Zayne changes into his biosuit, and walks over to the automated station meant to help him armor-up quickly. Heavy hull armor equipped Zayne forgoes his gatling rifle in hopes of not causing to much panic in public. Sliding his blades into their place on his legs he walks to the cargo bay and opens the bay door. Pausing at the riot happening a few feet in front of him he sighs "so much for not causing a panic" hopping out of his ship and closeing the door behind him, Zayne begins pushing his way through the riot. The glass bottles and small arms fire barely even scratching his extremely thick armor.

He nodded and ran half a block. He rouned a corner onto a street and his gravcar right there floating quietly. He unlocked it and got in. "Get in." he said as the passenger side door opened. The vehicle hummed smoothly when he hit the ignition button.
Karina did as commanded, sliding in with a little difficulty, considering the weight of her armor. She fit herself comfortably in the seat, the passenger door closing. "Well, time to get back to work," she stated with sarcastic amusement. Yeah, the job was tough and exhausting, but it was a challenge and she was up for whatever the enforcers would be entailing on her case.

The gravcar hummed louder as Ajax accelerated the vehicle out of its parking spot and onto the roadway. Unfortuneately it didn't have sirens so he had to weave through traffic carefully. He narrowly missed hitting a passenger vehicle. "Still getting used to how this thing handles. It's a Lot different from the land racer I had back home." They were nearing the docks within a couple minutes and the fighting could already be heard. "I like the 42nd amendment to the galactic constitution because it gives people the ability to defend themselves, but this is ridiculous."

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolf was on his way to the first data farm when a shot came at his gravcar. "The hell?!" more started coming and Rolf had to ask Marcella to take control of the vehicle. "Stay on route to the data farm. I'll take care of these assholes." "Aye, sir." The AI took control of the vehicle as Rolf pulled out a large sniper rifle aiming down out of the gravcar's back window. The random shots started flying out his gravcar scaring them away, just then the gravcar sped off and Rolf climbed to the front into the driver seat resting his head. Again shots were fired, but this time it was slugs. "Marcella what the hell is-" A news broadcast of the riots popped up. "A random riot broke out earlier. Details are unbeknownst to me." Rolf sticks his hand out the window, the rioters shoot it up, but his hand doesn't bleed or flinch. He grabs his revolver and fires one in the head wathcing him through the slits as he falls. "Morons." The gravcar sped off once again out of the way of the docks. "Marcella I'm taking a nap, wake me should something come up." Rolf got up and walked to the back laying down on one of the long seats.

Kindred tries to begin a sentence, but then ducks as a man in a gravcar whizzes past, blasting one of the rioter's heads off as they pelt the vehicle. A few of them jump to the sides, backing up around the column to get some space. A few of them cry out, having been wounded in some way or another. "Fffffuck! Okay-" He turns to face the stranger that had taken cover next to him. "-You haven't shot me yet, so I'm gonna trust you. I need to get out of this place. I've got, ah, a thing. I gotta find somebody- somebodies- people- fuck- and I can't do that if I'm dead, see? Now my ship is over there." He points to a large white and orange frigate clamped into a dock about forty yards away. "I gotta get over there, into the thing, and then out of this place. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to stay and fight the good fight and all, but there's peoples to be found." He spins the chamber of the revolver a couple times before continuing. "So I kinda need your help getting there. You seem to know your way in this kinda chaos, and I'd probably get shot trying to go alone. Can you?"

"You got it. I'm trying to reach my ship as well. I have a mech and some armor there that would've came in handy along with some gear. I don't really want to try my newly purchased blink implant just yet. Saving that for when I'm on a job." Leon said as he pointed to a blood red carrier docked not too far from the other man's ship. "My ship, the Ragnarok, also has my hover bike. Hell, the only things i have on me are my guns and my comm unit... wait a second. That's it! I am calling for some heavy reinforcements." He then activated his comm unit and said "time to rise and shine, Victor. I need you to hop into the grim reaper and make a safe path to the docks for me and two others."
"On it, boss." The a.i. replied before the hatch opened and a black reaper walked out. And shot over the heads of the crowd, causing some to duck for cover and others to turn their attention to the colossal war machine. "Move now before they recover and start shooting at us again!" Leon called to the pair as he broke into a dead Sprint fire his ship, shooting rioters left and right as he raced past.

Last edited:
Kindred mouths the word "wow" while watching the mech step out. He then shakes his head a little to bring his focus back, nods towards the stranger, and then bolts towards his own ship. He doesn't fire at anyone as he runs, mainly just waiving his gun around in a mildly intimidating manner. As he runs, one of the rioters shouts something in a foreign language and fires at Kindred. His left arm is grazed by the laser blast, his skin sizzling and clothing singed. "Gah-h!" He breaks stride for a second, gripping his arm, before continuing the sprint at a slower pace. C'mon, Kindred. For your sister. It's not much farther. You can do this.

Aramis Myrddin, darkred
Watching the girl in front of him with a look of mild befuddlement, he couldn't help but feel that perhaps he'd gotten lucky after all. He glanced back to the work line for a moment before turning his attention back to the girl. She was strange, but strange was more than likely a good thing. It meant that she was more likely to assist him. "Alright, here's the deal. I need someone to assist me with some less than... ideal circumstances. I'm getting into business, and while it's always in demand, the law doesn't always quite agree with it." He explained quietly, keeping an eye on her body language. Depending on how she moved would tell him how much he could trust her.

As it was, she seemed to be taking it fairly well, although she was still incredibly awkward. "Essentially, I need a fence for some of these things that the local government wouldn't like to see out on the streets. If you can locate the right markets without getting caught, I think the both of us could make a great deal of money together." He told her. She didn't need to know about the cut he was passing off to the family. That was his own issue to deal with.

Hien stood there, his backpack of whatever belongings he could bring and a portable medical cache in his hand. He took a look around the spaceport he landed not that long ago. He was obviously lost. Then again, someone who had to immediately evacuate from their planet then immediately sent to an asteroid, would be lost. He was given what he needed to restart his medical career, but he would have to start from the bottom again. This was okay. Hien had plenty of prior experience.

The only issue was, he needed a place to work at first.

Seriously, what am I to do now? I don't know a damn thing about this rock.

Hien sighed as he walked down the spaceport. Luckily, he was given a home and had enough credits to buy what he needed to feel somewhat comfortable. He had purchased a bar, music files, and a collective of holodisks filled with medical subjects and techniques.

I'll just review techniques again. That's what I'll do. All I need is a drink, music, and updated techniques on microsurgery.

Hien nodded. He felt calm, knowing what he will do to settle in. With a smile on his face, he increased his pace through the large crowds of people, either resuming their lives, or starting.

Suddenly stopping in the middle of the busy crowd, Hien took a deep sigh and looked up to the sky. He closed his eyes and began to drop his smile.
He had no clue where his ship was stationed at.

Kindred, nearing where his ship was parked, uses his shot arm to pull out a small remote with a few buttons on it. It was shaped like an oval and shared a similar color scheme with his ship. Pressing the middle button, the cargo bay doors on the top of the ship slowly began to whir open. I hope to God these things work. Kindred thinks to himself, taking three large jumping strides before leaping into the air with his jet-boots activated. The smoke billows out of the heel mounted rockets and he shoots into the air.
Okay, okay, too high! He lets out a yelp, nearly slamming into the roof, and does a half-backflip now facing towards the ground. Jet trails wobbling, he manages to direct himself towards the nearly open cargo bay doors as some more lasers fly past him. Another flip to slow his descent, this one timed a bit late as he flies through the roof and into the cargo bay, tumbling to a stop within the craft. "Ow..." He mumbles to himself, rolling onto his back and watching the bay doors slowly slide shut.

Jumping in place slightly to get himself amped up, Jac prepared himself for what he assumed would be either really painful or really weird. "Screw charging, time to test this bad boy out!" he figures, and sends signals through his nervous system, concentrating very hard on the space next to his ship, just on the other side of the violent throng only 20 feet away. He felt an odd tingling sensation starting from his upper back, where the implant was, that spread to the rest of him and watched as he was engulfed in a bizzare, crackling blue light. Everything went dark for a second, and when he opened his eyes, he was exactly where he wanted to be, perfectly intact. Nodding approvingly as he opened the door to his new ship, climbing safely inside. It was cozy inside the small lander, with room for two other crew members and a small weapons repair bay at the back, with all the usual things a ship needs in between- a galley, a weapons rack, entertainment systems, the works. This would be his new home. Now he just had to find someone to join him in it, or someone to join with. He wouldn't mind selling it, after he freelanced for a while, to work with other people. It could be useful to work with a medic, or engineer or something. For now, though, he would make sure no one tried to board his ship in the riot. Which was harder than it sounds, as people were already banging at his bay doors.

Hien leveled his eyes and took a look at an area nearby. Loud shouts and roars were heard nearby. Hien ran towards the area and see a crowd of people, rioting around. He cautiously walked them to avoid getting into any physical harm. He hid behind a nearby pillar and peeked around to observe the scene closely.

What's going on over here...

Hien decided that he was going to leave the area before he got involved until the sounds of screaming caught his attention. He took a look once more to see people lying on the floor in pain. Without a second thought, Hien ran toward the victims to aide them.

"Move aside, I'm a doctor!" Hien shouted to the people crowding around the people on the floor.

Even with resistance from the crowd, he pushed through and ran in. Hien ran towards the closest person with gunshots in him and observed his wounds.

Bullets exited cleanly through his body. Blood loss... Not too dangerous yet. Hien quickly ran to the woman nearby and observed the bullet wounds around her body and noticed that they were in dangerous areas. He took note of her priority and quickly ran toward the final person, taking note of his wounds. He was triaging them. Hien nodded and dropped his backpack, brought his medical cache and opened it near the woman who needed higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.