Before The End: An Avatar the Last Airbender Tale

Scratching her head uncomfortably, she mumbled something unladylike under her breath. So humour wasn't her strong suit, she knew that. But she bet that she could bend him under the table.

Little to no one knows how to chi-block and that was a nasty fighting technique that she rarely ever broke out. Yona had only used it against her a couple times as she had been teaching Rayne; it had been the scariest thing to have her bending taken away and being unable to move.

"They are over here just a ways. Not far!" She began walking out of the tent. Looking behind to see if Cole was following her, she continued. "Now listen, be on your best behavior. I dont want to have to put an ice knife to your neck again." Rayne now playfully winked at him and turned to continue walking.

"Oh I know~ Haha." Cole responded with a wink as well as he proceeded to follow him, laughing at her comment. Seemed like despite first impressions, they were getting along quite nicely. As he followed her, he couldn't stop thinking about the information he had to share with everyone. It was quite the burden on him, as well as the fact he has to hide his fire if he had a chance of beginning anew. "Hopefully I can get to know some of the people before tomorrow. We could use all the help we can get to repel the attack."

Nodding her head in agreement, her hair bounced with the motion. It was so hard to believe that mere hours ago, she had been complaining about being exhausted from practice, only to now about to fight the Fire Nation.
"It's a crazy world that we live in. It would be best if you can make some acquaintances to help get backing for your cause. What is your opinion about all that you've found out? Or do I have to wait until tomorrow like everyone else?"

"To be honest? I'm not sure. To think that after all I had done, people would still take me in despite my actions." Cole exclaimed as he stopped for a moment. "But, I'm glad. It takes a while to get used to new locations, hopefully things go well. Don't worry. I'll make sure that whatever I have to say is explained to everyone, in due time." He then turned his head towards Rayne and smiled. "You know, I'm glad I met you. Despite our first impressions, you really do have a heart... That isn't frozen over that is." He laughed a little bit before proceeding on to the barracks. "You say the Barracks is just up ahead? Or have I got more to go?"

She huffed and cross her arms while looking away from him. Her attitude was back in place and she was flustered from his quasi-compliment. Turning back to him, she cocked her head to the side and pointed just a little to her left.
"They are just up to the left. Truth be told, I'm getting tired and going to head in to do one more set for practice. Then I'm going to go to bed." She yawned and stretched, not realizing how tired she actually was. "And for the record, I'm still an Ice Queen. I just go easier on certain people." She winked and smiled at him, then turned on her heel and started back towards the Big Top tent.

"Right." Cole exclaimed as he proceeded to follow her instructions and carried on walking to the Barracks. "(I wonder what kind of people are in the barracks... Maybe if I'm lucky, I might be able to make a few friends there. If not, then I'll just defend myself. Only trouble is that I need to hide my fire bending. If I even sparked a flame from my fingertips, I'm in big trouble.)" He thought to himself as he walked. Eventually though he made it to the barracks and only thought to knock on the door. "Hello? Anyone in there? I'm the new entrant?"

Hearing a noise at the tent entrance, Jaxton looked up from his earthbended table, and raised a hand in greeting.
"Yo, you the new blood?" He took a bite of jerky that was in one hand. Speaking with a mouthful, "Yona shed you woub bee stayin' wiff ush."
Jaxton stood up to his full 6'7" frame and smiled. With his bite of jerky chewed, he thrust out his large hand to the new blood and waited for a hand shake.

"S-Sure..." Cole exclaimed as he proceeded to indeed shake the man's hand. "Name's Cole. It's uh... a pleasure to meet you. Yes, I will be staying here, at least for now. Could you show me around? I'm completely new here and haven't got a clue what's what." He asked, scratching the back of his head. Oh boy, this sounded like it was to be quite the day if every man in the Barracks tent acted like this. Seemed a bit too familiar but decided to play it off for now.

Jaxton threw his head back and laughed. He placed his hands on his now distended, full stomach. Jax tended to be a happy glutton after eating.
He walked a little closer to Cole, and then passed him. With his hand motioning in a follow manner, he intended for Cole to follow. Walking to the furthest extension of the tent, they passed several cots. One or two full with other men, the rest empty. Most likely they were the boy's beds who liked to stay up late as there were no parents to say that they couldn't.
"I'll show ya, and teach ya all you need to know. So, Cole, where ya from?"

"I'm from uh... (Shit...)" Cole paused for a moment to remember, but in actuality, he was trying to think of a place that was in the Earth Kingdom. if he said anything about being captured or anything like that, it'd blow his cover. "I'm not really from a village or town. I have a house on the edge of a River. I preferred living alone until I needed to make a living another way. I had heard about this place and asked the owner if I could work here. (I hope that works...)" He stated. "So... Here I am."

"Hmm, hmm good man." Jax stroked his beard in thought. The gruff male was still full, and not much for moving anymore. He needed to rest his gut, and lie down. Jerky never agreed with him; didn't mean that he wouldn't eat it though. Jaxton was a glutton for punishment - especially for food.
"That's honorable to ask Yona for work. She's a good woman, once you get past her exterior of being a hard ass. I've been working for her for near ten years. So, what is Yona assigning you to?"

Sorry about my delay in posting - I thought I had

Reactions: Lady White
"She suggested either the Ticket Holder or to act as Security." Cole stated, taking a seat somewhere to rest his legs. He had been standing for a long time, and not had an opportunity to sit down and rest. "To be honest, I don't know what to expect. I have no idea what to expect." Scratching the back of his head as he spoke, he was clearly nervous about the job. "Hopefully it goes well, and I can make a living out of... whatever it is she wants me to do."

//It's cool ^_^

Jax looked the new recruit up, and down, eyeing his capabilities. He was pleased with the thought of having extra security around the camp. It was mostly women around in the troupe.
"All right," Jax stood up, and braced his fists on his hips. "It's settled. You'll run security with me and the other boys. You got any sort of bending, or fighting under your belt?"

• Ah Seen It
"(Oh crap. Uhh... Ah!) I can somewhat fight. My father taught me basic hand-to-hand combat to protect me if I were attacked by a wild animal or anyone that wanted to pick on me. I can handle myself pretty well I'd think." Cole responded. "So I'm going to be in security with you and everyone else? Sounds like fun. Let's hope things go well for me, this is my first job after all so I don't quite know what to expect." He then looked around the barracks for a moment before looking back at Jax. "So, where's my bunk--- I mean, bed? I assume I'll be staying in here with everyone else when off-duty?"

Reactions: Chaotic Moth
"The bunk is actually next to mine. My last bunk mate left to join another carnival." Jax shrugged. Walking over to a bed that was messily made with a hole-ridden blue blanket, there was a neatly made bed right next to it. Each bunk had the bare necessities. There was a spare blanket folded up at the bottom of the bed, a thin pillow, a nightstand, and a hook to hang your coat. "Nah, you'll be shadowing me for a while until you know our routine. Not much to it - an owl-monkey could do it." This caused him to set off in rambunctious laughter at his own joke. "Really, it isn't too bad. Well, let me leave you to it. I'm gonna go get some shut eye. I'm sure you should be able to find Rayne or Honnah if you have any more questions tonight." And with that, Jax launched onto his bed without even taking off his shoes. It would only be a matter of moments before the snores would be heard.

• Ah Seen It
"Thanks, Jax. I'll be sure to get some good rest for my first run." Cole exclaimed as he watched him get to sleep before he got himself setup. Taking his shoes off and laying in the bed, he indeed start to hear the snores and simply tried to ignore them. "(Hopefully I can get to know a few of these people and find out if they are any tough. If we're going to possibly defend against a potential Fire Nation attack, i'll need to figure out how these guys and girls fight and get the lay of the area.)"

Meanwhile . . . . .

"It's safe to say ma'am that Cole has betrayed us. He's not coming back and we found his Uniform laying on the ground near our target." "Hmph. So much for giving him a chance. Alright. Everyone get your rest and get ready. We'll launch our assault in the afternoon, and take control of this area." "Ma'am, we're here for you." A soldier muttered as she exited the tent to find a fair amount of Tundra Tanks as well as a few battalions of Fire Nation soldiers:

Tundra_tanks_during_Sozin's_Comet.png

"Perfect." She exclaimed with a smirk on her face. "I wasn't expecting the Reinforcements for a few days yet but it seems that my message got through~ Alright. Find yourselves a place to rest and setup. Once the Afternoon arises, we'll make our strike and capture this area for the greatness that is the Fire Nation!" "YEAH!" The men chanted as they made their respective tents and camped out.

"(Oh Cole~ Once you bare witness to our glorious attack, you'll regret crossing me... And I'll ensure that those you protect will suffer for your betrayal... Mark my words.)"​

Reactions: Chaotic Moth