Before The Dawn [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@-@ now i remember why i refer to Biography's as my nemesis. For some reason they are really difficult to make for me but alas i shall struggle on after i have made my dinner cause my stomach is currently louder then my brain <-<

Okay i need help i have tried a number of things but this damn Tab just don't want to join the rest. anyone know a good fix?

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Double post i don't like but since it's OOC oh well >.<

Biography is done sorry if it's not a super detailed one but for some reason i have a hard time making it like a post or things like that.
I have an example in my Resume if you check the page instead of the snippet below my name ^^;

• BIRTHNAME:
    Faen. He doesn't have a second name.

OTHER NAMES:
    Ser Faen of Amor, Lord of the Whisperwood, First of Pirates, The Saint of Swords, Woundweaver, Scion of the Old Gods, Wyrm-Bane, Blademaster. Really, he's got a lot of titles, most of which are entirely made up.

RACE:
    Full human.

BIRTHPLACE:
    He's not entirely sure where he was born. It doesn't much matter to him either, though he has noticed that just about every story he hears has his birthplace in a different loaction.

RELIGION:
    Faen isn't usually a religious man, though in times of trouble he'll send up a prayer to any God that might be listening and willing to intervene on his behalf. He calls it covering all the bases.

• HEIGHT:
    6'1”

WEIGHT:
    180pounds

APPEARANCE:
    N7NWMBy.jpg

• PERSONALITY:
    Faen is a true hero born. Selfless, courageous, pure in spirit and noble in deed. . .

Ha-ha, only joking, he's actually a bit of a shit. Not a massive shit though, not so much of a shit that anyone would ever think of him as an out and out villain, just enough of a shit that if everyone ever found out it would pretty quickly put paid to all those stories of him being a hero.

Instead of being selfless, courageous, pure and noble, Faen constantly struggles with his baser instincts. When confronted by a powerful enemy his first instinct is to run in the opposite direction, when he sees an unattended coin purse he feels the temptation to slide it into his pocket. However he also has the willpower to deny himself these instincts, though on many an occasion they get the better of him. In short he is a fallible human being, hardly the upstanding paragon the stories describe.

While he would like to share more traits with his heroic counterpart he's self-aware enough to know that he really doesn't have it in him. Conversely though, he feels a responsibility to at least try and emulate the man that people expect him to be. He likes to describe himself as a victim of his own success, in that while he originally tried to play a hero to live a life of luxury, now he has to live an incredibly difficult life due to people expecting him to be a hero.
    This knowledge occasionally depresses him, though he's found that copious amounts of alcohol to be a terrific salve for any feelings of melancholy. He is quick to assure others that he doesn't have a problem though, just enjoys a drink.

Over the years he's developed a dry, dark, sardonic wit, far sharper than the blade he wears sheathed at his waist. In fact Faen uses humor as a buffer and shield against many of the horrible things he has seen, done, and had done to him.

He would describe himself as a realist, or a pragmatist. In fact many of the ridiculous situations he finds himself in are down to people placing to much stock in fantasy's and fairy tales, so he can be quite scathing towards those who live with their heads in the clouds.

SKILLS, STRENGTHS & TALENTS:
    What can Faen do well? The honest truth is just about anything he puts his mind too, which surely sounds right impressive until one remembers just how uniquely lazy he is. If Faen can get away with doing nothing, then you can bet your last copper piece that he's going to do nothing. But excuse me, you asked about the man's strengths.

For a start he's handsome. It might not sound like much, but it's proven itself to be a major boon to the him. See if a man looks like a hero, then people are more likely to believe that his is, in fact, a hero. Just looking the part has gotten him out of more than one scrape.

He's also a capable liar. Not the best in the world, but a certainly a far cry from the worst. In fact Faen's got a tongue so silver it's a wonder he hasn't pawned it for beer tokens yet. Part of this is due to all the practice he gets, the other part is how honest he is with himself. After all, you can't deceive somebody else if you're putting all your energy into deceiving yourself, and he never wastes time doing that.

While he isn't the swordsman-God that the storytellers would have you believe, he is quite competent with a blade. Quick, sure and strong, with quite a lot of experience to boot. However he doesn't possess the killer instinct that marks the champion swordsmen from those who are merely talented.

He spent his formative years in a travelling troupe, and spent his time picking up all the skills on display. He can act, dance, play the lute, tumble, play confidence tricks, perform sleight of hand (a skill he has utilized in feigning a talent for real magic), juggle and throw knifes. In fact about the only trouper skill he didn't take up was singing, mostly because of his atrocious singing voice.

Shortly before starting on the path of a hero proper he was a sneak thief in the city of Amor. With his deft hands, light steps, and quick wits it was almost like he was custom crafted by the Gods to be the perfect thief. Edge Flyntoch called him the greatest footpad under his employ, and even had Faen pegged as a promising up-and-coming criminal talent.

WEAKNESSES & DRAWBACKS:
    Faen is a victim of his reputation. Everyone, from the mightiest king to the lowliest serf, always expects him to some figure of awe, and he has found that when he doesn't match their expectations he is usually met with scorn, anger and outright hostility. He has found that it's easier just to act in the way people expect him to, which is not only incredibly bothersome, but actually quite a strain, and not to mention dangerous. The Faen of legend may be able to, on his own, vanquish a party of Nosferyte bandits without breaking a sweat, but to the Faen of the real world that might as well be a death sentence.

Secondly Faen is a jack of all trades, master of none. He can fight, but not as well as master-warrior. He can sneak, but not as well as a master-assassin. You get the picture.

And I feel it may be worth mentioning that I suspect he may be a borderline alcoholic. He insists he doesn't have a problem, but I feel he doth protest too much.

He can't sing. I implore you to trust me on this, as I shudder to think about you wishing to test this claim by asking him to perform a melody, and subsequently being subjected to his shrieking caterwaulling. It truly is a fate worse than death.

He also has many, many, many enemies. After all, one doesn't become as famed a hero as Faen without facing many a perilous villain in the process. However the problem with villains is that they are quite adept at holding grudges, and Faen has accrued quite a few. From the villagers of Valeview to the criminals of Amor, the pirates of Rat's Nest to the scavenger lords of Old Tumeken, it is quite easy to find someone who holds something against Faen (if only something as simple as not settling his bar tab before he skipped town).

• ATTIRE:
    Faen dresses in old, but well made clothing. His rust shirt and grey trews are crafted of the highest quality cottons, while his boots, chaps and jerkin is all soft and oiled dark leathers. His leather-and-chain cuirass is cunningly crafted, and while quite battleworn is still more than fit for purpose. Vambraces cover his wrists, and fingerless gloves adorn his hands. While all of these items are obviously old, his tattered black cloak in particular is ancient, perhaps as old as he is himself.

WEAPONS:
    A thrice-enchanted basket hilted arming sword and matched dagger. As any tavern drunk will tell you all swords wielded by great heroes must have suitably impressive names, and Faen's are no different. The stories have the sword as 'The Last Resort', and the dagger 'The Last Word'. Faen, however, doesn't hold much stock by naming one's weapons. He merely calls them bloody sharp.

He also wears a baldric of throwing knives which he can throw with unnerving skill. . . Though he has found that throwing knives aren't as effective as they could be when fighting a man wearing full armour.

TOOLS:
    Faen has picked up an assortment of different tools and sundries over the years. To begin with he carries a skinning knife, which helps signify him as a rugged outdoors man to the casual observer (Though he can use it, he really prefers not to. Call him squeamish, but he thinks the act of skinning animals should be left to men with sturdier stomachs.) He also keeps a slim eating knife that sits in a special pouch attached to his swords scabbard. Both of these blades have been utilized as last ditch weapons in the past, to deadly effect.

He keeps a lock pick set hidden within the buckle of his belt, with several more single picks sewn into the lining of his tunic, and two cunningly crafted into his gauntlets. Really, he ascribes to the notion that one can't have enough lock picks.

A pouch containing needles and lengths of catgut is fixed to the back of his belt, very handy for someone like Faen who often finds himself on the wrong side of angry men wielding swords. To compound on these medical supplies he usually carries a selection of herbs to make poultices and potions, though his skill in herbology is strictly mediocre. In fact his favorite wound remedy is to imbibe plenty of strong spirits and pray it gets better on it's own, and to that end he keeps a flask filled with the good stuff on him at all times. . . . Though he really does insist that he doesn't have a problem.

Other than that he possess the usual camping accouterments that a man who travels as much as he must have. Just the usual items, camping roll, blanket, tinderbox, cookpot and tripod etc. He keeps them all in a leather knapsack that he wears upon his back.

PERSONAL ITEMS:
    A small silver, circular pendant on a chain. It features an embossed fox curled around itself. He told me that the reason he hasn't sold it yet is that it's so small and tarnished that it wouldn't even get him the money for a half pint of Dwarf-piss ale, though I suspect that the truth is that it actually holds some sentimental value for him.

•  

• So, you want to hear the story of Faen No-Father, Hero of Tyrannia. Not surprising, many people come to my hearth to hear it. So, where would you like me to begin, in the twisting alleyways of Amor? Upon the waves, scuppering the pirate ships of Rats Nest? Maybe when he found himself locked in combat with Valderez, Butcher-King of the Hidden People, that's a particular favourite of mine.
    Wait, what on earth do you mean that “you want to hear the truth,” I just offered you the truth, you insolent child! I offered you the only truth that people in this harsh world care about, I offered you the comforting truth! The truth that people choose for themselves. What? You want the real truth? Bah, you don't know what you want then.
    I have grown old in this land, and if there's one truth I have learnt then it is that people do not want the real truth in their stories. Life is real and terrible enough without having to add ill-tasting truths that make our stories feel foul and miserable.
    But I can see by your face that you will not be dissuaded from your path, and I have grown cruel in my old age. I will give you the 'truth' about Faen, aye, the whole truth, warts in all, and his lustre will fade from your eyes, and his legends will turn to ash in your memories, and you will realize that the world isn't quite as sweet a place as you hoped. Just don't complain to me when you realize this wasn't what you wanted after all.

Born somewhere, to some people. He doesn't know who, and claims not to care overmuch either way. Was left with a temple to Carminda. The priests there sold him to a travelling troupe when he was three.
    He was quickly taught skills that would benefit the troupe, and when he showed a quick and grasping mind he was taught even more. By the time he was sixteen he was considered one of the most talented troupers, and suspected he would spend the rest of his life travelling the known world, performing for audiences.
    When he was seventeen the troupe travelled to Valeview, where he first met the 'Lady' Irina Meallach, daughter of the towns mayor. Faen and Irina began an affair, and when the mayor found out he demanded the young mans head. The troupers were ready to defend Faen, even know they were outmanned. Instead Faen sent them on their way, not prepared to see his friends suffer for his misdemeanors. As soon as the troupe was out of sight Faen ran, hoping the mayor would think he was still with the troupe, and that he'd be able to escape in the confusion. He was caught though, and sentence to hang. The night before his sentanc the Lady Irina helped him escape, and he 'accidentally' knocked out four men on his way out (Irina did most of the work) As soon as they were in the clear Irina revealed to Faen that she was sick of village life, and had used the former trouper as a gateway towards a more adventurous life, and that now she had so succiently cut the ties to her former life there was nothing tying her to him any longer. She left him to pursue her own interests.
    With nothing left for him and no desire to return to a troupers life he wandered Amorynthia, passing through Silvermoor where he inardarventally put an end to a rogue mages plans to destroy the town in a flood. He still isn't quite sure what he actually done to save the place, only that the mages plans involved magical lay-lines and chalk markings that were supposed to summon destructive energies, and that when Faen accidentally poured wine over the chalk markings it disrupted the mages spells, and he instantly died of dehydration.
    He eventually arrived in Amor. He was quickly folded into a life of crime, coming to work for Edge Flyntoch, crime lord of Amor. He found he had a knack for stealing things, though when Edge commanded him to assassinate a rival he refused (Not that Faen has any real moral objections against killing people. He will if he has to, he just prefers not to, not least because if you try to kill someone then they have a nasty habit of trying to kill you back) Unfortunately Edge isn't the kind of man to be denied, and so he sent a seperate group of assassins to kill his rival, and when they were finished them they were to deal with Faen. Catching wind of the plot Faen knew he had to do something. Instead of running or fighting he decided to hide, and figured that the safest place to hide would be within Edge's mansion. After all, it was the last place he would look. To his surprise he found that Lady Irina was acting as Edge's live in mistress. After hearing about Faen's predicament she decided to take pity on him. To do this she tried to smuggle him out, but they were caught by Edge's guards. Edge threw a banquet for all his top liutenants and had the two brought before him to gloat before they were killed. Showing an un-characteristc amount of derring-do, Faen stabbed the crime boss with a soup spoon, and in the resulting fracas killed or injured many more criminals escaped with the Irina. The resulting power vaccum, and the struggle for someone to take Edge's place in Amor hierachy can still be felt to this day.
    Together Faen and Irina travelled to Rat's Nest to become pirates, both figuring that was the next logical step. There Irina began to set the basis for the tale of Faen as we know it, describing a man that the pirates could respect. In Valeview he became a man who raided the village for every coin it had. In Silvermoon he killed a powerful wizard for spilling his wine. In Amor he challenged the Lord of Crime for dominion over the city. This new Faen became a hero to the pirates, and all the man himself had to do was play a part. He later asked Irina why she made him the hero of the tale, and not herself, and she revealed it was because she didn't think the pirates would respect a woman as much.
    Over the winter the two lived amongst the pirates, and Faen was celebrated as the greatest raider to ever sail the waves (he's never actually been on a boat proper, other than on the trip to Rat's Nest) One night Irina disappeared, leaving a note telling Faen that her wanderlust had began to play up again. A short while later a ship arrived carrying a cargo of slaves. While he tried to ignore the plight of the slaves and continue living a life of debauchery and mild alcoholism, Faen just didn't have it in him. He secretly set out to free the slaves, and made provisions for them to escape on a row boat. Unfortunately one of the captives was a fire-mage, who as soon as he was free began to attack the pirates. In the chaos several ships where destroyed and Faen was forced to flee once more, leading as many of the slaves to saftey as he could.
    [lots of other adventures which I will flesh out. He slowly becomes known as, deservedly or not, one of the greatest heroes to ever walk the face of Tyrannia, and quite possibly the most famous man alive.]
    It came as no surprise to anyone that when King Valdez put out a call for the bravest of adventurers to travel with his expedition that Faen was explicity requested. Faen certainly wasn't surprised anyway, as he had long grown used to having to do other mens dirty work for them. With a heavy heart he sets forth, wondering just how much longer he can continue to get away with playing the hero.

Still very rough, and needing a lot of work, but that's all I got in me right now. We'll get there though.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: GreatWest
@Silvir
Miss Forge looks good! One minor amendment I will note is that, being a Dwarf, her father could not have enchanted her necklace, as Dwarves are not capable of performing magic. That won't stop me accepting the character though. Just make sure to edit this minor detail, and it would also be good if you could amend the formatting of the sheet, too. Look for errors using the BB Code Editor as I've explained in previous posts; deleting excess code at points where the formatting 'splits' usually fixes the problem.

Adrianna is accepted, welcome aboard!

@Navi Jay
Feyre is coming along nicely! I still think the backstory is lacking, however, but it's nothing to worry about. I know you can do it! I think there's just a misunderstanding in what I need from you; it doesn't have to be long or wordy. Just look at Blacksam's sheet, his backstory is rather succinct and in its current form skips large portions of his life. But what it does show me is major events that have caused the character to become who he is, to act how he does.

I know that insisting on a solid backstory must sounds petty of me, so allow me to explain why I consider it to be the single most important element of a character sheet: I want real characters, which is incredibly difficult in a fantasy setting. The way I ensure this is by insisting that I only accept characters whom I believe. Perhaps it is because I'm a filmmaker in real-life, and I tire of seeing non-believable characters on the big screen; but the motives are ultimately irrelevant.

So far, I've seen your characters life from before she was conceived(!) up to age 6, but I still don't know a great deal about her. What I'm saying is, if we had a full account of Feyre's life, I think most of the backstory you've written currently could be omitted and it wouldn't make much difference. I need to know her roots, and the most important, character-defining moments of her life. It doesn't need to be long; it just needs to get the job done. Because as much as I want you in the roleplay, I can't accept Feyre until I know in my heart that I 'believe' her!

Hope this makes sense. The IC isn't going live until the weekend, so you still have time to nail the backstory. I have every faith you'll manage!

@Blacksam
Faen is accepted! I can't wait to watch this famed and well-respected hero unravel before our party's eyes, and to watch as he inevitably tries to find some sort of redemption. It might have taken you absolutely forever to get out of your system, but I can tell that you've put a lot of thought into it. Welcome aboard!

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Raja updated Before The Dawn with a new update entry:

Applications closed; IC imminent

Before The Dawn is closed to new applications

The roleplay is now closed to new applications.

Anyone who has previously expressed interest in the roleplay will have until the weekend to submit an application, if they still wish. (Certain individuals may have a slightly later deadline due to earlier negotiations with myself.)

Unfortunately, if you have not made your interest in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Love
Reactions: Stuffies12
*peeks*

*whispers*

This is open now right? It looks interesting.

*stares*

*Hides*

tumblr_inline_moipuwUT4H1qz4rgp.gif

I just read this, I retract my previous comment. :0
My apologies, Vio. You missed the cut-off point by mere moments.

Unfortunately, there is still so much outstanding interest in the RP to be addressed, that I really must be strict in enforcing this. I can't keep allowing more people to apply as the cast is already becoming quite... Busy!

Rest assured that your interest is greatly appreciated, though. Should a space open up in future, I will contact you immediately and reserve you a space, if you so wish.

My humblest apologies!

@Blacksam god damnit, I love Faem. I'll make sure to make his life an absolute hell in the roleplay *evil laughter*
Just joking, I'll make it slightly hellish.

Reactions: Raja
O_O i have no idea what im looking at i see no excess code in the BB stuff. D=

My apologies, Vio. You missed the cut-off point by mere moments.

Unfortunately, there is still so much outstanding interest in the RP to be addressed, that I really must be strict in enforcing this. I can't keep allowing more people to apply as the cast is already becoming quite... Busy!

Rest assured that your interest is greatly appreciated, though. Should a space open up in future, I will contact you immediately and reserve you a space, if you so wish.

My humblest apologies!
I realize this, and I regret not expressing interest yesterday when I happened across the rp via your banner. I wouldn't necessarily agree that the cast is "busy", but I don't know if the cast tab is updated or not. All a matter of perspective I suppose, but yes, if there is an opening I would love to get a reserved spot. I have plenty of characters that I can conform to this kind of rp, so I look forward to any chances I may have here. Thanks for agreeing to keep me in mind. ^^

@Silvir

I took a look at the code for you. The problem was that your [/FONT][/LEFT] tags had been moved up before the History tab, and you somehow had accumulated a whole bunch of extra tags at the very end of the sheet. As I said, Iwaku is very temperamental! I've attached a code below that should work for you; simply edit it into your original post.

Code:
[LEFT][FONT=georgia][TABS]
[tab=BIOGRAPHY]
[SHADOW][I]BIRTHNAME[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4]Adrianna Forge [/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]OTHER NAMES[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4]Adri[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]AGE[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4]23[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]GENDER[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4][FONT=georgia]Female[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]RACE[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4]Dwarf[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]BIRTHPLACE:[/I][/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4]Amorynthia - Dray[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]RELIGION:[/I][/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4]The old gods[/SIZE]

[/tab]

[tab=PHYSICALITY]
[SHADOW][I]HEIGHT:[/I][/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4]4.7[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]WEIGHT[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4]115[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]APPEARANCE[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=4][IMG]http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111124042847/medievaluniverses/images/9/91/Female_Dwarf.jpg[/IMG] [/SIZE]
[/tab]
[tab=ATTRIBUTES]
[SHADOW][I]PERSONALITY[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=3]Adri's personality is rough and honest. With a certain lack of manners she tends to speak before she thinks. And while many will consider this woman rude and offensive
There is a good side to this. With life experience this dwarf values honesty highly and once you have gained her trust she is fiercely loyal to her friends. 
However do not take this simple and rough surface for the whole character, behind this is intellect that has simply remained unpolished [/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]SKILLS, STRENGTHS & TALENTS[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=3]Adrianna is pretty much an unpolished intellectual. Good at grasping information from around her and putting it to use her brawling style of combat becomes something more complex than just brute forcing her opponents as one would probably expect at first.
Skilled at dealing with several opponents or even go one on one vs more skilled ones to draw out a fight. She is a good vanguard to keep along in any party thanks to her ability to support a group both in battle and outside it. 
Thanks to a sharp memory she carries pieces of knowledge in many things without excelling in any except perhaps craftsmanship and repairs.[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]WEAKNESSES & DRAWBACKS[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=3] With lack of length like a human and having a temperament Adrianna is held back from reaching true potential. This is evident even to her self and creates frustration whilst also making it a touchy subject.
Further hitting her self confidence is the fear or destroying brittle things. With hands used to rough materials she is not good with treating wounds, cooking or gently handling people or objects. As such stress can make her over react emotionally to different situations.  [/SIZE]

[/tab]
[tab=BELONGINGS]
[SHADOW][I]ATTIRE[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=3]When relaxed she dresses lightly disliking the constriction of most clothing and also she is not very sensitive to cold even for a dwarf. 
But in battle she wears a patch work of thick cloth and pieces of metal as a good armour will cost you a hefty sum and this gal spends her money on other things[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]WEAPONS[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=3]Focusing on brawling like battles Adri carries more counters then weapons. In the shape of parry knifes, things to throw and enchanted anti magic items to counter mages. But when venturing out she enjoys an armguard shield and a sword[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]TOOLS[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=3]Repairing skills are welcomed everywhere and also helps save money as much as it can earn them and so a small wrapping of tools for repairs and maintenance is ever present.[/SIZE]

[SHADOW][I]PERSONAL ITEMS[/I]:[/SHADOW]
[SIZE=3]Carrying a beautiful necklace from her father enchanted to glow in the dark when a certain phrase is said. Beyond that Adri carries little else of personal value[/SIZE]
[/tab]
[tab=HISTORY]
Not everyone has an eventful past. Adrianna certainly didn't it was a rather dull common story of a young girl growing up in a family of Masons and Smiths dominated by men, the sole daughter of the family quickly developed a strong individual personality hanging with her brothers and the other kids on the streets of the shipyard town. Of course since humans dominated the place there was cultural change in the younger dwarf generations growing up there and they held a greater interest in what humans considered fashionable and cool.

For Adrianna who turned out to grow taller then most dwarfs it was of course a bit more complicated as she also like some few other dwarfs discovered her first interest in the other gender to also belong to the other race.

And as most first loves that blooms it is clumsy and filled with misunderstandings brewing a dramatic event to soon after shatter the young inexperienced views of children in love.
A painful yet necessary experience that helps them grow up. For Adri it quickly dimmed the flame of love and interest for it in her heart and she focused more on learning her family trade even though it greatly bored her. "And as clichéd stories would have it" to quote the girl her self. Adrianna was of course similar to her father in personality and thus rarely got along with the old man.

Tired of loud debates with her parents on future choices. And the boring town that felt like it was slowly drowning her in it's simple flourish, Adri the now teenage girl did an impulsive move, dropped a letter on the kitchen table, took her things and left. Of course deciding to do this on impulse over night created a whole set of issues for the girl as she trotted out of town.
Like it being rain season, her choice of package being anything but fitting for an aimless journey.
And as tough and cocky she might be Adri was still a child.

But here started her true journey. at it's beginnings quite pathetic, poor and sleeping under bushes. But slowly, escaping bandits, helping travellers and working for a meagre meal the girl grew in body and mind. Until she found her self with an odd group of nomadic people that taught her the ropes of the wild.
From there on she felt the taste of adventure and knowledge allowing her mind to roam free. She tried her ways in hunting, both bounties and animals and learned a thing or two before moving on to exploring the wilds and ruins often acting escort and guide for the academical people or the rich aristocrats playing their own little adventure.

It was fun, it was free but it was not without cost as life is never to easy.
Love once again founds it's way into Adriannas life, this time as an eccentric and well of young man who drew her in with his strange thinking and humour. It made her happy and relaxed her guard which is when he showed who he really was and dumped her with little but clothes on her body alongside the road unable to get back at him.
The only stroke of luck was how close it was to her home town.

Where this proud girl rejoined with her family, broken by previous events it was a good remedy to return home and be welcomed. And in the years gone past she had never thought she would have loved home sweet home as much as she did in this moment.
The smell of the shipyards, mothers cooking and the sound of her fathers tools in the background. Safe and comfortable in well known places that moved in their own little world.

But alas once the cub has tasted the feeling of adventure it does not easily forget it. And with a town like Dray news moved as fast as the merchants could move their wares. And Adrianna felt the tug of the world each tale and gossip. Hearing the Kings call the Dwarf girl couldn't help but want to try her own luck in things. Knowing what she did this she felt was something she had to take part of.
[/tab]
[/TABS][/FONT][/LEFT]

• Love
Reactions: Silvir
@Raja

I take it you're gonna sort my atrocious coding next? I mean, someone has to do it for me, since I'm so damnable old! (apparently)

@Blacksam god damnit, I love Faem. I'll make sure to make his life an absolute hell in the roleplay *evil laughter*
Just joking, I'll make it slightly hellish.
Cheers for that, glad to see he's going down well.

@Raja

I take it you're gonna sort my atrocious coding next? I mean, someone has to do it for me, since I'm so damnable old! (apparently)

Cheers for that, glad to see he's going down well.
Hint taken... I'll PM you the amended code.

Huzzah! My formatting works! Raja, you just made yourself a friend for life.

• BIRTHNAME:
    Sayazar Sagareth Sainguinar

OTHER NAMES:

• The Light of Dawn, The red-eyed Wanderer, The Flameseeker

RACE:
    Pure blood Nosferyte

BIRTHPLACE:
    Vastoria, Steinplatz

RELIGION:
    He believes in the old gods, for as much as to acknowledge them as real beings that exist in the world. That being said, he doesn't believe in them in the religious sense of the world as in praying or offering any kind of tribute or servitude to them, including any form of thankfulness for having created the world. He disbelieves in the new gods, thinking of them more of philosophical myths of our time, rather than active beings.

Last edited:
@Aleksandar
Sayazar is accepted! That backstory gave me everything I needed to know about him; well done. I will request, however, that for future posts you familiarise yourself more with the spellings of people and places in Tyrrania; it's not too important in a backstory, but it's nice to keep things cohesive in-character. I'll be accepting the character regardless, but I'd also like you to specify where his magical speciality lies: his 'attributes' state it to be fire, but his backstory points more to wind and the weather. To conjure storms with the ferocity and precision described in his backstory, I'm inclined to go with the latter. It also makes more sense that his usage of fire magic would be limited, considering the natural Nosferyte aversion to warmth and light (though I appreciate that he has built some sort of immunity to the latter).

Nevertheless, welcome aboard!

(I'm heading to bed right now, but I'll fix your code for you and send it via PM at my next available opportunity.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Silvir
Miss Forge looks good! One minor amendment I will note is that, being a Dwarf, her father could not have enchanted her necklace, as Dwarves are not capable of performing magic. That won't stop me accepting the character though. Just make sure to edit this minor detail, and it would also be good if you could amend the formatting of the sheet, too. Look for errors using the BB Code Editor as I've explained in previous posts; deleting excess code at points where the formatting 'splits' usually fixes the problem.

Adrianna is accepted, welcome aboard!

@Navi Jay
Feyre is coming along nicely! I still think the backstory is lacking, however, but it's nothing to worry about. I know you can do it! I think there's just a misunderstanding in what I need from you; it doesn't have to be long or wordy. Just look at Blacksam's sheet, his backstory is rather succinct and in its current form skips large portions of his life. But what it does show me is major events that have caused the character to become who he is, to act how he does.

I know that insisting on a solid backstory must sounds petty of me, so allow me to explain why I consider it to be the single most important element of a character sheet: I want real characters, which is incredibly difficult in a fantasy setting. The way I ensure this is by insisting that I only accept characters whom I believe. Perhaps it is because I'm a filmmaker in real-life, and I tire of seeing non-believable characters on the big screen; but the motives are ultimately irrelevant.

So far, I've seen your characters life from before she was conceived(!) up to age 6, but I still don't know a great deal about her. What I'm saying is, if we had a full account of Feyre's life, I think most of the backstory you've written currently could be omitted and it wouldn't make much difference. I need to know her roots, and the most important, character-defining moments of her life. It doesn't need to be long; it just needs to get the job done. Because as much as I want you in the roleplay, I can't accept Feyre until I know in my heart that I 'believe' her!

Hope this makes sense. The IC isn't going live until the weekend, so you still have time to nail the backstory. I have every faith you'll manage!

@Blacksam
Faen is accepted! I can't wait to watch this famed and well-respected hero unravel before our party's eyes, and to watch as he inevitably tries to find some sort of redemption. It might have taken you absolutely forever to get out of your system, but I can tell that you've put a lot of thought into it. Welcome aboard!
I know she's been a little lenghty but after age six everything will move much more quickly i'll go onto her accident then the betrayal part.

Status
Not open for further replies.