Before The Dawn [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aleksandar
Sayazar is accepted! That backstory gave me everything I needed to know about him; well done. I will request, however, that for future posts you familiarise yourself more with the spellings of people and places in Tyrrania; it's not too important in a backstory, but it's nice to keep things cohesive in-character. I'll be accepting the character regardless, but I'd also like you to specify where his magical speciality lies: his 'attributes' state it to be fire, but his backstory points more to wind and the weather. To conjure storms with the ferocity and precision described in his backstory, I'm inclined to go with the latter. It also makes more sense that his usage of fire magic would be limited, considering the natural Nosferyte aversion to warmth and light (though I appreciate that he has built some sort of immunity to the latter).

Nevertheless, welcome aboard!

(I'm heading to bed right now, but I'll fix your code for you and send it via PM at my next available opportunity.)
I thought I've stated, that I wasn't done with the story, I just had lectures in the morning and didn't want to stay up too late. I have a a few more paragraphs that deal with his usage of Fire magic extensively, as well as how he got his other two titles and, finally, how he heard and came to take part in king Valdez's quest. Hopefully it will all add up in the end.

I was spelling by memory, so I promise to look the names up in the Overview when I make my IC posts. Thanks for having me :)

BTW, I do agree, that complete mastery of fire magic would be too much, combined with his excessive power over wind and weather, so I don't mind tuning down the last one a noch.

Last edited:
I thought I've stated, that I wasn't done with the story, I just had lectures in the morning and didn't want to stay up too late. I have a a few more paragraphs that deal with his usage of Fire magic extensively, as well as how he got his other two titles and, finally, how he heard and came to take part in king Valdez's quest. Hopefully it will all add up in the end.

I was spelling by memory, so I promise to look the names up in the Overview when I make my IC posts. Thanks for having me :)

BTW, I do agree, that complete mastery of fire magic would be too much, combined with his excessive power over wind and weather, so I don't mind tuning down the last one a noch.
My mistake, Aleks! I assumed that your To be continued message referred to Sayazar's exploits in-character.

@Raja I have finished my character's history, feel free to look at it, I've marked where it takes off with red.

Last edited:
Maaaaannnn, I came here to see if this was still open and you have 9 peeps, too much too muccchhhhhh.

Wish ya'll good luck though ,3,

I honestly can't wait for the IC thread to open tonight, I spent so much time reading the other characters' stories that I feel immersed already :D

Reactions: Stuffies12
You're telling me! I've been waiting all week for this!

Come on @Raja, please make the IC faster and make us all happy!

I'm currently hurtling through the British countryside at high speeds, I'm afraid you will all have to wait! Haha, but really it's good to see so much excitement. I'll do my best not to make it all for naught.

@Aleksandar
There are some lore-related issues with the updated backstory, unfortunately. I'll send these in a PM ASAP, but Sayazar is still accepted and you'll still be able to post when the IC launches. I just think it's important that these elements are corrected.

I'm going to assume this scrawny looking young man is me? xD

Reactions: Raja
Phahaha, I love Damien's reacting - he's like "Oh no King... well that's fine, I guess" :( and then, as Ava begins yelling around he's like "So that's how a real adventurer is supposed to react... oh... I see..." ----

I really can't wait how everyone will react to him! He's practically a kid compared to all these people.

Yeah, I was so surprised that in such a "hero" roleplay we have so many inexperienced characters - two out of 9 is really a lot in my view. It brings a really nice diversity, though, as well as a proof of rather mature players :D

Even Ser Faen can at least hold himself in a fight. Damian is kinda like Donnel from Fire Emblem. Grassroots kid with lots of potential but will most likely be weighing down the team more than helping it at the start. And also extremely naive as your character conveniently pointed out.

Brilliant posts, Stuffies and Aleks! I'm so thrilled that the gears are beginning to turn.

Regarding 'inexperienced' characters: remember Valdez was looking for adventurers, not warriors. Damian is the son of two of Amorynthia's greatest adventurers and thus has perhaps the best recommendation to his name than any of the cast, if not Ser Faen. Other characters that might lack experience on the road bring traits to the party that the King thought to be useful: be they smiths or potion-brewers, everyone has been selected for a reason.

I'm sure Damian will find his niche soon :)

Also, I noticed that there's no IC thread link at the sidebar. Might want to put that in.

• Thank You
Reactions: Raja
Raja updated Before The Dawn with a new update entry:

The IC is live!

The IC is now live and you should start posting your character introduction. The thread can be accessed via this link, or more conveniently by clicking the "In Character" button on the right-hand side of the Overview tab.

I would also like to remind players whom have been granted an extension that this grace period expires at the end of the weekend; by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Blacksam
Status
Not open for further replies.