Before "Bastion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Draugvan

Original poster

Overhead
I am interested in telling the story-before-the-story of Supergiant Games' "Bastion." Set prior to the events of the game, and written as though told by Rucks himself. This might be one of the stories he tells around the campfire during the nights in the bastion. Applicants should be a fan of the game and have completed the game. Knowledge of the world lore is preferred.

Looking for one partner. However there is the potential to write two independent stories; i.e. looking for up to three partners if enough people are interested.

Premise
The story would gravitate around the Mancers and their development of the technology to destroy the Ura - what lead to the very same Calamity that leaves Caelondia in ruins with land falling away at the citizens' feet.

The story would be told in two concurrent parts; one part monitoring Kid and his love as he works as a Builder; the other between Venn as a Mancer, and Zulf as the Ura ambassador as they work to undermine the Mancers' research. The story ends when the weapon fires and Kid is left asleep in the wake of the Calamity.

Expectations
Writing style - Advanced, flexibly passive and aggressive.
Post Length - 1-4 short paragraphs, for sure no novels.
Post frequency - No less frequent than once per week, no more frequent than once per day.
Content - Third-person writing style. Not averse to sex, though story comes first. Level of detail to be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Story Length - Short, with a defined endpoint or goal in mind.
Typos - Lenient. We all make mistakes. I personally make a half-dozen edits after each post to tweak things.
Font - Arial, justified, default colour - for the love of god.

Personal preference - Please only 18+ members apply.

Want an easy litmus test? I'm probably interested in writing with you if you pronounce acronyms in full. RP->roleplay, BTW->by the way, ETC->et cetera.

This a bumping prompt. The Venn/Zulf story arch is great for drama- or intriuge-minded writers, while the Kid story arch would do well in the hands of a fluff writer.​

I am still looking for someone to take me up on this plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.