Bed time rituals!

• Thread starter Fel of the Eternal Forest
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe. You guys are funny!

I sleep with one blanket, a heavy duvet, and a t-shirt quilt (which is stupidly thick and heavy and I LOVE it).

I also currently have 3 pillows but I also sleep with an extra blanket behind those pillows. Because I am a fiend.

I also have to go to sleep while watching Bob's Burgers... (I've seen every episode at least 20 times that it soothes my soul..}

I get in my jimjams, I brush my teeth, I whine to my fiance that I'm tired and we should sleep, he whines that he's not tired and wants to play more video games, I bug him until he gets off, and then we go to bed. We have a single comforter and I have a super fuzzy blanket that I LOVE and I snuggle that a lot. We cuddle until I bitch about being too warm. We both have a memory foam neck pillow, I sometimes have a body pillow that I cuddle with. He likes to read before bed, but I'm good with whatever. In a perfect world, I'd have a fan running, but he doesn't like fans, so I don't.

After that, it's a guessing game as to whether or not I sleep peacefully. He flops around and twitches in his sleep and it wakes me up. He will also steal the whole bed. He sleeps like a damn rock and pushing him off of me won't wake him. We're getting a Queen mattress when we have a bigger room.

I can't sleep when it's too warm, so I usually throw open the window for a few minutes before getting ready to bed so that it's nice 'n cool in my room. I'll usually throw on a comfy shirt and pair of boxers, turn out the lights, turn up the classical music, and browse the web/watch streams until I'm good 'n tired and drift off to sleep. I keep reading that you should only use the bed for sleep and sex, but I can't relax unless somebody is shooting somebody else in the face in Overwatch and/or Doom.

Also one pillow and one blanket.

I wonder how many of these tricks only work because of the placebo effect.

I used to have some trouble sleeping in the past, so I'd put on some chill music like piano instrumentals with rain ambience in the background. These days though I can fall asleep easily without music. I go to bed in my regular clothes, just shorts and a shirt maybe. I always, always sleep with a comforter because it's soft and I like that heavy feeling; it makes me feel protected. Can't sleep without a pillow. I have three pillows: one to rest my head on, one to cover my head with, while the other lies abandoned at my side, lmao.

Sleep is nice and everything, but I tend to put it off as much as possible because dreams and when I wake up, I just feel like shit. :/ Could just be the temperature in my room or my bed, though.

I generally do no sleep in pants, because I get tangled in them. Also, I make the bed before going to bed, it may not be perfect, but I straighten out all the blankets and stuff. I have 7 pillows, though I do not use them all when I sleep, I go back and forth between my two favorites until I get comfortable. My room has to be dark, and no music or anything playing. Also, I share a bed with my doggo, so there is generally some arguing involved about where he wants to sleep and where I say he can sleep.

What I wear to sleep depends on the season. Most of the year long sleeved shirt, long pants. Sometimes with socks, because wintertoes. Only in Summer do I really wear short sleeves and shorts. I get cold easily, especially so asleep. After getting into my PJ's I play around a little on my phone in silence, chat a little until my eyes grow weary, or I read a book, depends on what I feel like doing. I need my room to be dark and silent to be able to fall asleep.

My bed depends on the season. In the colder seasons I have a double layered duvet, sometimes an extra blanket to wrap around and keep me warm. In the warm months (summer) only one duvet. I always have two pillows, but really only use one. The other one I hug sometimes when it is especially cold in my room, since I can't fall asleep with a heater turned on. one of the reasons I want a giant teddybear plush

Other than that I like to wrap myself up in my duvet. Roll up until only my face is exposed. =w=

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
What blanket I sleep with really depends on the time of year. Since it's currently the middle of Winter I sleep with a pretty heavy blanket to help keep me warm, sometimes it isn't enough, other times its too much; it really just depends.

During the Summer I usually just sleep with a paper thin sheet or nothing at all, anything more than and I'll wake up in the middle of the night soaked in sweat. Even then I have to open a window, turn on a bunch of fans, and sleep with my head pressed up against an ice pack. God, I fucking hate the California weather during Summertime, I swear it gets worse every year. It can get downright unbearable at times.

As for the number of pillows I sleep with, that hasn't changed for several years now. I sleep with two pillows for my head and I always, always, sleep with at least one body pillow to wrap my arms and legs around; I literally can't do without. It's a little embarrassing for me to admit this, but I'm practically guaranteed to get nightmares if I sleep without a body pillow. I don't know why, it's just always been that way. As a kid, I used to have nightmares all the time, like every other night, it was awful; then I started sleeping with a body pillow, and the nightmares just stopped suddenly. Now I rarely ever experience nightmares, and if I do it's almost always because I slept without a body pillow.

I have to listen to something, unless I am pass out tired. My anxiety is unforgiving at night. Usually I listen to a Binding of Isaac gameplay video by Northernlion (so specific, but he uploads them daily, and it's just been my routine for ages that when I hear his voice I get sleepy), but sometimes if I'm particularly anxious I will watch an ASMR video (right now I'm particularly fond of Ephemeral Rift) or a documentary I've seen 100 times.

I sleep with a wee lil nightlight from Ikea. This lil guy:
spoka-led-night-light-white__0097670_PE238442_S4.JPG

Because the light is soothing. Again, anxiety.

Before crawling into bed, I wash my face, put my hair up, take my pills, and apply lotion. I have three pillows, even if I only really use one. Blankets depend on the time of year; right now I have two that I use every night (sheet and summer quilt) and two others that I have in case I get really cold. But I sweat like a pig at night so I rarely need them. 8| Sometimes I'll cuddle with a stuffed sheep I have because I'm a) actually a child and b) super anxious at night time, like, I'm not sure if you gathered that

One more thing, I can't stand socks on my feet when I sleep. It feels very weird and off-putting. I don't know why. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.