• Thread starter Fel of the Eternal Forest
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fel of the Eternal Forest

Original poster
NO, NOT THAT KIND.

I'm talking like after you get into your bedclothes (or nude, whatever) what are your sleep habits? Do you listen to music at bedtime, or do you prefer silence/white noise? How heavy is your blanket! And the most important question: HOW MANY PILLOWS DO YOU HAVE?

Personally, after I strip to my civvies, I put on some metal and pile under my three friggin comforters and pile my head atop two of my three pillows. My auxiliary pillow is for snuggles because I'm insecure still used to sleeping next to someone.

I'm usually in PJs like... a couple of hours before actually sleeping? I tend to stay browsing on my laptop until the Mister decides to sleep. We usually watch something in bed (Gravity Falls atm) and then he nods off. As for me o.o' I usually pop on my cellphone, check Iwaku a last time, make sure my alarm's on... turn on Pokemon Go for a bit. It usually takes me fifteen mins to half an hour of doing absolute nothing before I actually nod off, unless I'm dead tired.

My blankie is sofffft *_* and I only use two pillows. Although >.> [spoili]My mister's the best pillow :heart: I sleep best with my head on his tum.[/spoili]

Even comfy clothes are restrictive when trying to sleep >:[

I actually have two comforters: one for the warm months and one for the cold ones! The thick and fluffy one for winter is my favorite, though. It's so cozy.

When I'm rich, I will buy the fluffiest of soft pillows. But for now, I have two. One that I put under my head and one that goes under the arm and to rest my chin on.

I'm probably the only person who sleeps in their regular clothes. Besides waiting for my meds to finally seize their control over my mind. And I don't have any last minute spurs of inspiration. I pretty much make the bed. Get the blankets on top of each other in the right. Then make a blanket fort. I like my room pitch black. I like sleeping on the couch or the bed as if I'm in some tent or teepee. Also its much warmer in the tent. And much darker.

Making sweet love to my Waifu pillow...
I mean wait, whut?

I have four different pillows for my bed, one for the head, one for my feet, one for each side. I by no means require these four to sleep, but they sure help.
Sleep in my underwear, because who likes pants?
And my blanket has no actual blanket, it's just the sheet. My computer generates so much heat in my room that using an actual blanket makes me feel like I'm Jewish.

Well thank you for the intimate details, everyone. That was not scary, at all. It's not like I'm mentally scarred for life, now. Nope, not one bit--don't you worry.

. . . you crazy rabbits!

Okay, currently down to three pillows - all for the top portion of bed. If someone is bunking down for the night, I'll find a 4th pillow for them instead of sharing. That's how mean I am.

I can't fall asleep to music or right after music, any type of music is too stimulating or distracting for that.

My props are cell phone, a zillion books, and my mind. The cell phone thing is a new prop, didn't use to run a check before sleep, but now I do. Plus, I've developed bizarre sleep hours, so having the phone at my fingertips is handy.

I can put myself to sleep at any time by creating a movie in my head. It's so much fun, I kinda hate to fall asleep, but I do. It's a mental narcotic.

I like a dark room for sleeping.

It's cold as some certain circle of hell right now, so I have an electric blanket, two pseudo comforters and another blanket. (There is no direct heat to the bedroom, the ceiling is fairly high, the apt. is poorly insulated, and there is a huge floor to ceiling window. Mysteriously, a damp icy witchwind dances throughout, eluding being impacted by the pitiful portable heater.

Having been woken up too many times in the middle of the night by weird shite, I just feel more comfortable (unless it's unbearably warm) wearing a tank top and thin black pants, like a travel knit or yoga pants.

Finally, I really would sleep better if I could lock my bedroom door at night but there are boring reasons why that would be a problem. For one thing, the aliens wouldn't like it, you know?

I sleep in a shirt and underwear so basically I just take my pants off and hop into bed and go to sleep.
1 pillow.
Amount of blankets etc. depends on season.
No music or anything.
Room must be dark and quiet.
I am a simple man.

@FELZILLA Civvies. You military?

I have three pillows, but use only two for my head. I have three blankets, two for my body, one for my feet, but sometimes three for my body. I put on some soft music. Sometimes, I'll read for 30 minutes and drink some herbal tea, other times I'll just lay down and close my eyes, waiting to fall asleep.

It has to be dark, cold, and loud, or I can't sleep. I like to make up stories in my head before falling asleep that usually involving flying.

Also, many pillows. Doesn't matter where they are so long as they're on my bed.

I used to need a television going in order to fall asleep. Really annoyed my husband when we'd share a bed, since he's a light sleeper. Pretty sure it was a way to cope with whatever anxiety I was experiencing at the time.

After having kiddo, though, I prefer complete darkness and silence. That's how it has been for the last three years now.

As for pillows? Zero. Husband uses a billion, daughter uses one. But, I just don't like them. I especially don't like fluffy ones, it's like they wanna suffocate you or give you cricks in the neck. DX

I wear a big shirt and sweatpants to bed all the time. Even in the summer. It is the most comfiest thing ever. During the summer, I just use a top sheet and a thin blanket. Through the winter, I use a sheet and 3 blankets. One is a microfiber, one is a thin blanket, and the third is a fluffy comforter thing. I only have 2 pillows. The pillow I use is really thick, i don't know what it's cold, but I love it.The other pillow is a body pillow. I need a new one since my current one is insanely flat. There is a nightlight on in my room because.. dark >.> Fans are a must as well. Generally a ceiling fan, if there's one in my room, and a fan on my nightstand. I also turn on some music and turn it so low I can't hear it, but it is comforting to know it's playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
God damn...I'mma feel so stupid, but I have 4 comforters on my bed, 2 blankets and a heating blanket.. ;; And my two pillows, one for my back, the other for my head. (Fucking scoliosis that wasn't found until I was well into my teens)

I sleep with my undergarments at least on because I have jerk roommates and I won't elaborate further on that.

And I make sure my kitty is in my room before a close the door, then I check Iwaku desperately for a couple hours, then I lie down, then play mahjong for a while, then I get a notification from Iwaku, and then I'm too lazy to go to my PC to respond so I count the lines of the other person's post and try to match. Then I pass out. :3 At 11 o'clock because this cycle starts at 6 bc I'm tired as hell always. And then I proceed to wake up randomly in the middle of the night for absolutely no reason. :3

Sorry for my complaining. :3

my bed-time ritual is quite a thorough thing.

Firstly, I get a bucket of goat's blood and paint a pentagram on my floor. I place an assortment of Blood Red Candles upon each point of the pentagram, with the top point also having a Goat's head there. I then dress myself in a black cloak/shroud depends on how authentic I wanna be. Now, depending on the night, I will either sacrifice a virgin(non-full moon nights) or a first born baby(Full-Moon Nights).

Sometimes I need to plan ahead and stock up on Goat's bloods and virgins.

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
I sacrifice two hens, one goat and several sheep. Maybe a infant or two.

What? Wrong kind of ritual?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
PJ'S, teeth brushed, visit to the toilet (always before bed. No food or water within an hour), get in, shuffle about.. sleep.

I used to listen to music but broke the habit before I got to college thinking it wouldn't be a roommate okay thing. Turns out my third roommate snores louder than a freight train so me and roommate two ended up listening to music to sleep. Eventually I just moved into my boyfriends room, so now sleep consists of telling him to brush his nasty cavity teeth and rinse, and trying to find a comfortable position in our tiny twin bed.

When I was in middle school though I had a phase where before bed I would check my closet, under my bed and behind my desk every night.. took awhile to kick that.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lavender Lights
@Darog
@Hellis

Geez guys. It's nice that you share how you play with your pets and all. HOWEVER...

You didn't answer the crucial pillow question. Doh.

::knocks your heads together:: Minus 10 for reading comprehension.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
You're all terrible monsters for not answering the most important question on the list, 10 points from whatever Hogwarts house is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.