Becoming Prey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rah successfully made it out of the room just as he planned. However, for some reason, the girls were fast in pursuit. He didn't know why they were after him but it would only be a matter of time before they caught up to him. The teen had to think of something quick to slow his relentless stalkers down before it was too late.

Seconds later, Rah fell to his knees once again. "Dammit!! Not now!!" The teen said in an urgent tone as he was forced to catch his breath as a result of his injuries. Rah turned around to see his pursuers fast approaching. Looks like my fun is finally over. I guess it's time for plan B now. ...what's plan B going to be though? Ahaa!! Why didn't I think of that sooner? He muttered under his breath with a small grin on his face.

"It sounds like he's stopped," Ellie said as they approached his heavy breathing. She heard his comment about collapsing, but decided not to point out that he was on bed rest.
Molly rolled ahead and stopped next to Rah, "Hey, are you okay? You got, kind of ripped up."
He just tried to throw something at the nurse and she's worried if he's okay. Ellie sighed as she got close enough to speak quietly, "I can't exactly leave you alone after being attacked by a Lycan. Where do you think you're going anyway, it's dead."

Rah's grin faded as the girl in the wheelchair spoke. He wasn't exactly sure if she was joking or actually concerned for his well being based on how sincere her voice was. Either way, it was best to respond in the same manner that the girl was in order to keep up the conversation. Every second was required if he was to regain his strength back.

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired that's all. And as for the rooftop incident, you should forget what you saw and go on about your life. Otherwise, you'll end up laying dead somewhere in a ditch." Rah warned as the other girl caught up to them. Unlike the other girl though, the white haired girl spoke as if she was well informed. This could've been as a result of some wolf folklore obsession until she spoke the next set of words with certainty. "I see but I figured that already since you two are still here. And, I don't care if you follow me...so long as you don't get in my way." Rah responded, sounding a bit irritated at the possible identity of the girl as he spoke. There was only two real things that the white haired girl could be and both were not favorable to him.

Ellie ignored the tone of his voice, "I won't get in your way, but I can't leave you alone yet. In a couple of days I'll either put a bullet in your head or leave."
"Isn't there some other way?" Molly was worried about them, she really didn't like the idea of her school mates trying to kill each other. In fact the thought of it terrified her.
"None that are practical," Ellie replied coldly.

"You may try but I doubt you'd like the end result. And like I said, I couldn't care less if you follow me. I just don't want you or anyone else hampering it until I achieve my goal. " Rah noted as he started to stand back on his feet. Once he managed to stand fully, the teen turned to the girl in the wheelchair.

"I wouldn't advise tagging along with us. However, if you do then, you're going to need a weapon to protect yourself." Rah sighed as he continued. "And I guess I can give you one of mine once I find my crossbow. Once you get one, you'll still need to stay close though because they only increase your survival rate, not grant you full immunity. Got it?"

Molly slowly nodded and tried to hide behind Ellie.
Ellie couldn't help but laugh a little at the boy's confidence and how his attitude affected Molly, there was something endearing about being viewed as a protector. "I'd ask that you refrain from frightening my," she had to pause for a moment to come up with the right word, "friend."
Molly perked up a little at the word, Her friend? She thinks of me as a friend?
"Molly would you mind returning the boy's weapon," Ellie was back to her usual cold, calm self.
Molly pulled the crossbow out of her bag and handed it to Rah. "Don't worry about me, Rah," She couldn't look at him because she felt somewhat intimidated by how he was acting, "I have Ellie."
Ellie felt herself blush at the statement, "We all have class." Molly started to lead her away before Ellie stopped, "If you're looking for a vampire I had a run-in with her before. She's probably long gone by now."

Rah chuckled at the blind girl's request. "Or else what? You'll try to kill me? Plus, I can't help it if someone is frightened of the average me. Hehe, and I wouldn't expect a girl like you to become defensive over a person attempting to aid in your friend's survival." The teen noted before Molly handed him his crossbow.

"Ahh, I noticed and thanks for taking my weapon before anyone else could get hold of it. I would've had to go through so much mess to get it back had you not grabbed hold of it." Rah noted thankfully as he turned his attention over to Ellie. "Not me, I'm a runaway patient remember? And I'm not surprised. But I'd assume you dealt one hell of a punch if you're still alive...which brings the question. Who do you wor-see ya!!" The teen began running in the opposite direction of the girls as the nurse could be seen coming from around the corner.

-after school-
Ellie started to leave on her own when Molly quickly rolled up to her.
"Wait," Molly was panting.
I didn't realize I was that far ahead of her, Ellie stopped walking, "What do you want."
"I was wondering if I could spend the night at your place or if you could come to mine, I, uh" Molly paused for a moment, she always seemed to have trouble organizing her thoughts before starting to speak, "I'm kind of scared, I mean I just fo-"
Ellie covered her mouth, I shouldn't have been able to find it that easily, "It'd be a better idea for me to go to your place."
Molly smiled and did a celebratory spin, "Yes, thank you thank you thank you."

As the girls talked to each other from afar, Rah secretly watched. He knew that the only chance he had of finding the blood sucker was through them, since one of the two had already encountered it before. "Rah!!!" A girl yelled from a distance as she approached the teen's position. His attention partially turned to the random girl with a confused look on his face.

She was wearing his school's uniform but he had never seen her face before. So just who was this person who was calling him? Maybe the girl stalked him from one of his classes or something. Either way, she was ruining his stealth operation and needed to mind her own business for the time being. "I'm sorry but I'm rather busy at the moment, thank you." Rah said in a distracted tone as the girl pulled him by his shirt with a darkened facial expression. However, the teen was still keeping his eyes focused on the two girls which caused her to lean closer to his ear. "So, is this how you want to die?" The girl asked in a serious tone, causing the boy to face the mystery girl.

"Come again?" Rah questioned as the girl spoke once more. "I said is this how you want to die?"

Last edited:
"Yeah yeah," Ellie replied with a sigh, "I've just got to check on something first."
Molly couldn't stop smiling at the idea that she had a new friend, "Alright, what's that."
"So," Ellie said, just loud enough for Rah and the mystery girl to hear her, "are the two of you going to keep following me around in the shadows or are you going to be a bit more polite about it?"

Rah tilted his head to look at Ellie. "Yeah, about that...I was only following you with the belief that you would eventually lead me to someone." He tried to keep it as discreet while he spoke. "Still, weren't you the one that said, "You couldn't leave me alone.", so wouldn't the fact that I'm stalking YOU be a good thing?" The girl released her grip over the teen before walking towards the two girls unexpectedly.

"I apologize but I had no intentions of giving off the feeling that I was stalking you by any means. I only came to scold my friend here for continously procrastinating with his objective so sorry for the inconvenience." The girl bowed as Rah proceeded to walk away. She immediately turned to the boy while still in her bowing position. "Just where do you think you're going? I'm not through talking to you yet!!" His eyes nonchalantly glanced at the mystery girl before he continued on his way. "Who are you? My nanny? Get off back woman and don't bother following me."

Ellie sighed, "Yes, but it doesn't mean I don't find it rude."
"Wait," Molly turned to face the two just as the unidentified girl started to come up to them. She was about to ask about being followed, and the fact that Ellie didn't say anything, when she was struck with the beauty of the girl she hadn't seen before. Molly had to shake herself out of staring at the unidentified girl to ask, "Are you talking about him killing a vampire?"
"Obviously," Ellie answered before the other two could react, "what other goal could she possibly be referring to?"
Molly laughed nervously, "I'm not sure," she seemed to be adapting pretty quickly to her new reality, "but you two could come stay over too if you think we're, umm..."
"Bait," Ellie said, "they think we're good bait."
Molly nodded in agreement, "Yeah, tha- wait WHAT?"

The girl bit her lip nervously as Molly asked her question and her teeth sunk into her lip even more once Ellie responded nonchalantly. "Well...yes surprisingly. And I'd love to hear more so count me in. My name's Celeste by the way, and I'm not sure what gave you that impression but I don't have plans to use you two as bait. What would make you that anyway?" The girl asked curiously. Even though the two had knowledge of something that they shouldn't have, she felt a bit relieved. She wasn't very fond of deceiving others.

Rah suddenly appeared back in front of the three girls with an intrigued facial expression. "Gee thanks!! I'm already excited to use you two as bait already!!!" He said excitingly. The way the boy spoke made it seem as if he was right there listening from the very beginning. Celeste soon stared at him with a confused look. "Bait for what?" The male teen responded without wait. "For the vampire I'm supposed to kill of course!!" She immediately yanked him by his shirt with anger coursing through her eyes. "I'm not sure if you realized by now or not but we hunt them down in secret for a reason!! And they shouldn't have to risk their humanity just because you suck at doing your job!!!"

Last edited:
"Celeste, was it? I already had a run-in with your organization's target." Ellie was calm as always despite the very obvious argument, going on near her and discussion of an event that would have been traumatic for anyone else, "Molly here became involved because of my actions so I'll take responsibility for her life and humanity." She noticed the sound of others approaching, "However, don't you think we should have this discussion somewhere more private?"
Molly tugged on Ellie's arm, "We can go to my house, my parents are out of town right now so it'd be private."

"First of all, I don't suck at doing my job. I'm pretty efficient at doing it to be honest. Secondly, I'm not sure who you report to or where you come from but I take down targets the way I choose to take down my targets. And I'll have you know that they brought this unto themselves so stopping pulling my shirt before you stretch it!!" Rah noted in a irritated tone as he forcefully removed the girl's hand from his shirt.

"You basta-" Just as Celeste was about to respond angrily, Ellie spoke, which caused her to suddenly calm down. "I sort of figured that part out already after finding out what you were being used as bait for. But, it's not about who became involved whichever way or who's responsible for involving who. It's more so about being used as bait in order to kill something that should've been killed already. I respect whatever choices you two made in getting here but putting you both in any unnecessary danger wasn't on my to-do list when I came here." She noted softly as Rah began to laugh in response.

"The funny thing you don't get is, that vamps probably going to come for her whether Ellie's used as bait or not. At least my way, we don't have t-yeah, going to the beach next summer sounds cool." Rah's voice changed to mimic a generic skater's voice as some people could be heard approaching from a short distance away. Celeste proceeded to sigh before giving Ellie a nod right afterwards.

Ellie sighed when she heard Rah's awkward change in tone, "that was by far the most conspicuous subject change I've ever heard."
"She can't, um, see you," Molly said nervously when she noticed Celeste gesture to Ellie.
Ellie turned away from the school, "We should get moving."

-----

Molly had started to make them dinner, crispy Rice vermicelli with seafood in coconut sauce and hot and sour soup, while the hunters talked to each other.
"Seems rather odd to me," Ellie paused to drink some water, "vampires and lycan rarely share the same hunting ground. Wouldn't one usually drive the other out?"

- Molly's Family Home -

"Usually but I 'd assume that they weren't aware of each other's presence. Both beasts prey on the living which always result in conflict between the two. However, they have some reports that disprove that but those are classified intel unfortunately." Celeste said gloomy like, provoking Rah to respond in an annoyed tone. "No offense, but there was no need to tell us that if you're just going to leave us wanting more. Also, how do you know so much from a supposedly classified report? Do you have special clearance to that type of information or were you merely lying about the whole thing?" The teenage boy asked.

The girl sighed in response. "Oh? Well sorry but I'll remind myself not to inform you EVER again, even if it could help in the slightest. And don't worry about my clearance because you'll never get it from me." She turned to Ellie right after. "But you're right, it is odd for them to be hunting in the same area."

Last edited:
He really is unobservant isn't he, Ellie didn't say it out loud, but she already knew that Celeste held a much higher rank than Rah, "So it's strange, but not unheard of, my question is what's keeping them from fighting here?"
Molly was listening to them discuss what exactly was going on and didn't feel like she had anything to add until this point, "I'm not sure, but could it be a truce of some kind due to a large population of both in the area?"
"I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility," Ellie replied, as she tried to think of other possibilities, "Thank you, Molly."
Molly blushed a little, "Anyway, um, dinner's ready, and I made strawberry cheesecake yesterday. Would somebody mind helping me bring the food to the table?"

"That could very well explain it because lycans have a good sense of smell, so I doubt that they didn't realize that a vampire was among them in the school. But if that's the case, then what're they plotting?" Celeste questioned with an extremely focused look. "Anyway, um, dinner's ready, and I made strawberry cheesecake yesterday. Would somebody mind helping me bring the food to the table?" Rah turned to Molly before turning back to the others for a quick second. Tch, one's blind and the other is stuck in her own little world. It's like I was setup to bring the food to the table from the very beginning. Come to think of it, who the hell are these people anyway? I thought I was the only one stationed out here in order to protect the school. The boy mumbled as he stood up to assist Molly with bringing the food to the table.

Molly led Rah back into the kitchen, "So..." She quickly realized that she had started to talk without knowing what she was going to say. She quickly covered for that by saying, "The soup and main dish are on the counter, could you move them to the cart while I get the plates?"

Ellie spoke a bit more freely now that the other two were out of earshot if she was quiet enough, "My organization has a theory that the concentration of lycans and vampires would be close to the original specimen of each." She could hear Molly directing Rah and new they had a bit more time, "It would make sense for them to be here with everything else we know."

Status
Not open for further replies.