Becoming British

I don't understand what you're trying to get at. I'm just saying because Florida has really hot days and really cold days (in my opinion) it's bipolar. I apologize if my joke doesn't seem to go well with you since you seem to be more serious about that particular disorder.
I was responding to your response to Mike's comparison to South Texas weather, which changes multiple times, assuming you were addressing that when you asked 'how is that like bipolar'. I'm rarely serious but dryness doesn't go over well when you're just reading text from someone you're unfamiliar with.

Original: 'eaven and 'ell ya clock, if ya 're garn ter move ter the chuffin' United Kingdom, you'll 'ave ter get used ter aw these ovver accents. Also daan't try ter eat the Nellie Dean. That's frowned upon. Ghastly, or sum Barry White loike that.
Translation: Heaven and Hell o'clock, if you're going to move to the United Kingdom, you'll have to get used to all these accents. Also, don't try to eat at the Nellie Dean (location: pub). That's frowned upon. Ghastly, or some Barry White like that*.
Proper & Prim: Why my word good sir! If thou planest to supercede thy current place of residence to move to our fair land, thou wilst have to get accustomed to a vast array of colourfully barbaric commoners butchering the language of the Commonwealth! Oh, and I might add, dare not to dine at such swill as the Nellie Dean.
*: Cultural reference? Couldn't find anything related to Barry White in a brief Google Search aside from an American song writer. Could just be made up crap by a tryhard, you never know.
Prim & Proper*

Also modern Prim & Proper don't use Thou and Thy :p

So it's concluded then! Colder climates are usually colder than warm climates, and warmer climates are usually warmer than cold climates. And those adept to either climate have differing tolerances to heat relative to the climate they're used to.

Now take my fucking hand in marriage.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
What-ho, you Cross-Atlantic ruffians. It is I, that dapper British gentleman-bear-possibly-pig-if-you-ask-my-ex.

I for one, think that accepting the correct spelling for words is just bully! That being the British way, and bully being a reference to outdated British slang for something that is excitably good.

Just remember: The language is called English, after all. Colour me old fashioned, but I can't help but feel that as a traveller of modern literature, you would be left positively grey in the face if you didn't accept our way of writing as nothing more than simply the right way.

*Sips tea and waves a Union Jack or something.*

Tally-ho!

What-ho, you Cross-Atlantic ruffians. It is I, that dapper British gentleman-bear-possibly-pig-if-you-ask-my-ex.

I for one, think that accepting the correct spelling for words is just bully! That being the British way, and bully being a reference to outdated British slang for something that is excitably good.

Just remember: The language is called English, after all. Colour me old fashioned, but I can't help but feel that as a traveller of modern literature, you would be left positively grey in the face if you didn't accept our way of writing as nothing more than simply the right way.

*Sips tea and waves a Union Jack or something.*

Tally-ho!
A true Englishman would wave a flag bearing the Cross of St. George.

You, sir, are an imposter.

Perhaps I am simply too lazy to procure the correct, non-seafaring flag.

Perhaps I am just so damn pro-unionist.

Or, perhaps I knew that a certain somebody would pick up on the obvious. After all, the post is laden with silly little whatnots.

CxbGhaz.gif

Reactions: idlehands and Brovo
British people fighting about their Britishness. Isn't that basically two ninnies having a slapping competition? Is this the part where as a Canadian I ask my drunken dad to stop hitting himself? The empire is over dad! Stop it!:rotfl:

Little do they (former colonials) know that re-conditioning them to speak properly is just the first step toward our grand ruse to bring them all back under the warm, gentle and giving bosom of Her Majesty's United Kingdom.

All top secret stuff lads. Loose lips and what not.

*facepalm* You're not supposed to tell everyone the plan.

Damn...this is why they took me off the on-going secret mission to train the penguins for combat, isn't it?