October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!

When we call a person "Beautiful" it, more often than not, applies to their physical attributes, but as we all know, true beauty lies within!

So my question is

What does "Beautiful" mean to you?

Maybe it is superficial? we're not here to judge, so feel free to express your true opinion.

"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.
A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." - Roald Dahl, "The Twits".

This is genuinely all I can think of to answer this question, and yet I feel like a cheesy git posting it. Or like I'm trying to be an arty git. Either way. In the end, I still think everyone does look a hell of a lot better with a smile than a frown.

While it is the beauty on the outside we are immediately attracted to, the beauty on the inside is always worth discovering.

A beautiful person is someone that can respect a person's lifestyle and choices that they don't necessarily agree with. Someone who is comfortable within their own skin, even if they don't have what society deems beautiful (IE they're overweight, have hair on other places other than their head). A beautiful person is one who doesn't stab people in the back and doesn't love someone for their looks, but for who they are. To me, a beautiful person has the capacity to love everyone regardless of their sex, gender, orientation or looks. Someone who generally tries not to piss you off and doesn't criticize someone every day,

Yes, yes. All good thoughts.

Anyone else?

Basically, what Elan, Alan, and Indium said couldn't get much closer to the truth as they already are. ^^

Beauty:

Definition of BEAUTY
1: the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit : loveliness
2: a beautiful person or thing; especially : a beautiful woman
3: a particularly graceful, ornamental, or excellent quality
4: a brilliant, extreme, or egregious example or instance <that mistake was a beauty>

In my own personal opinion, a beautiful person is one who has a bright mind, gives high spirits and happiness to the people around them, never complains or critisizes, isn't afraid to speak the truth, isn't stuck up in what's popular or what's not, tends to people when they know they need tending to, doesn't care if someone disagrees with them about something that they know they should do, and goes with what they truly feel and believe in and don't let other people influence them into something else.

Beautiful people don't have to be a certain weight, or look a certain way or do their make-up or hair in a certain way or have certain habbits or hobbies. Beautiful people are the ones who truly stick out of the crowd for their actions, their jesters, their comments, their ways in doing things. They have bright spirits and aren't afraid to share it with others. They have fun and they don't let the world influence them because everyone else is doing something else. They know what they should be doing and they stick to it.

These kinds of people have the qualities of a true, beautiful person. They know what different is and they know between right and wrong, but they don't put down on people because their overweight, or they smoke, or they follow another religion. They have that respect and understanding for other people. Even if they don't like that person's path that person chose for their life. They understand and respect the values of each and every person, because they know, that just because this guy is on drugs, or this other person follows a different religion, that it doesn't make them a bad person. It just makes them different from themselves, which is an understandable and perfect thing. No one is the same, and not everyone has the same values, for we aren't suppose to. And beautiful people know this and take it to their hearts.

But from saying all of this, it also gives you the realization that there really aren't that many true beautiful people in the world. But of course, this is also my opinions on the matter, so I could perfectly be wrong with all of this, and I don't mind if you guys say otherwise to what I have said.

But, this is how I feel to what a beautiful person is.

I believe that beauty can lie in any shape or form. The a person is beautiful in their own way, and it's not our right to judge that persons idea of beauty.