Beauty and the Beast

Vincent had just calmed down when the doors to the throne room were thrown open. Vincent looked up and after seeing the anger and hatred in the eyes of everyone that had entered, he let go of the ring about his neck and looked back down into his lap. All life and joy had left Vincent when Malece had walked out of those same doors.

Isaiah began to speak and Vincent's eyes closed. This was it. This was the day he would atone for everything he did to his people, to the memory of his family and to the one woman he had ever loved. Today was the day he would die and Vincent welcomed it. He would be reunited with his family to endure their disappointment and disgust at the way he had chosen to live his life in the absence. Today would be the beginning of his punishment and it had begun when Malece had taken his heart with her to never be seen again.

Vincent was about to alien his sins against Malece to her brother when he rushed Vincent with sword drawn. He inquired about the ring that hung about his neck and Vincent swallowed hard. His hands steadily moved the string despite the sword pointed at him and he lifted the necklace from his head, "It was a parting gift, but I no longer need it."

Vincent stood to his feet and walked down from his throne to the midst of the angry mob confident that Isaiah had followed him. He slowly dropped to his knees and tugged on the collar of his shirt and coat to reveal his neck, "I butchered men, women and children for merely looking at me wrong. I stole from the rich and poor alike if I found beauty in their belonging. I kidnapped Malece because of her beauty and kept her as an object of such. When she disobeyed me, I held her food and made her suffer. I gave her freedom and stole it away because it suited me."

Vincent intentionally withheld everything he had done to show her he loved her. He refused to talk about the mercies and th apologies he rained on her in hope that she could forgive him. He left out all the repayments he had made to those he had wronged.

Vincent listed his sins in hopes that judgment would not be hard to decide. Without Malece life would not be worth living. He had tried to purpose to live a life that would honor her without her but he could not picture a life worth honoring with if he had to do it without her.

Vincent's ears were filled with the angry cries of the people he had wronged. Even as spittle bombarded him, he did not budge. He could not suffer enough in life to atone for his wickedness. He looked up at his judges before dropping his head to expose his neck. It was time.
----
Sarah came running around the corner just as she saw the doors to the throne room close. She threw her body against them in hopes of opening them but they would not budge, "My King!" She cried out desperately. Her cries did not go unnoticed as Gordon arrived with help. The men began to assault the door in hopes of bringing it down in time to save their king. If something didn't happen soon, both of them feared that the next time they opened the doors, they would find th body of their King.

• Love
Reactions: Lawkheart
Isaiah was angry but the other men in the room looked as if they had calmed down. Many of them had been victims of the king but he had repaid them more then what he had taken from them. But the king did not mention the good he had begun to do. Isaiah looked at them and his anger grew. "Don't pity him! He's the reason your all cursed! His monstrous deeds have doomed you all!" Isaiah shouted at them. They shook their heads and one by one they threw their weapons down. "Aye, that may be true. But this isn't right," one of the men said. Isaiah looked to Thomas and even he looked like he was changing his mind. "Not you too! We are doing this for Malece! It is the only way to give her, her freedom!" he shouted at his younger sibling.

"This king took her because she was beautiful!" he shouted in anger. "Like she was some toy to be taken! And when she did not listen to him, he starved her, tempted her with freedom then locked her away," he continued, his voice calming down slightly. "If you won't take your revenge then I will," he said, turning towards Vincent and raising his arms, holding his sword up to bring down and cut off his head.

What happened next happened in seconds. The doors the throne room splintered open, the sound of a horse neighing filled their ears. "No!" the scream echoed in the room. The next thing Isaiah knew, Malece was covering the King's head with her own. And Isaiah stopped his sword just before it could come down.

∴​

Malece rode into the courtyard and she looked around. "Where is the king?" she begged. "Malece! There are intruders in the throne room!" a maid yelled to her and she paled. She did not bother climbing off the horse and rode it into the castle, causing people to jump out of her way. As she reached the throne room doors the guards looked at her shocked. "Move!" she yelled and just as they did so, she pulled the reigns on the horse forcing it to kick against the doors, forcing them open with a loud bang. The men inside the throne room were shocked as Malece dismounted her horse and ran passed them. But she stopped, seeing Isaiah with his sword raised about to cut off Vincent's head. Her body jerked forward as she ran passed the group of men to Vincent. "No!" she screamed as she bowed her head and wrapped her arms around Vincent, protecting him from the blow. Her eyes closed, her hair flew forward and her heart pounded in her chest.

"Move Malece," Isaiah ordered. "No... I won't let you kill him," she said in return, her grip on Vincent tightening. "Don't you see, this is the only way you'll be free!" Isaiah argued. Malece looked up at Isaiah, tears forming in her eyes. "He already gave me my freedom, weeks ago," she countered.

The look in Malece's eyes told Isaiah enough. Malece wasn't going to move. She would protect this monster with her life. "You'd give your life for this monster?" Isaiah asked. Malece shook her head. "If he was a monster, I would not give my life for him. But he is not a monster," she said, still holding onto Vincent.

Thomas stepped forward then. "Why?" he asked, just as confused as Isaiah but glad Malece stopped this before it became ugly.

Malece's eyes looked to Thomas then and moments of silence passed before she spoke, "Because.... Because I love him."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Vincent couldn't believe his ears as weapons clanged against the stone floor and words were spoken to spare him.vwhy would they spare him? What could they possible gain from that? Vincent squeezed his eyes shut when Isaiah swore that he'd finish the job and waited for the sword to drop. Suddenly, the door crashed open and a woman cried out as she threw herself over Vincent. He didn't open his eyes until her scent filled his nose and Isaiah spoke her name.

"Malece?" He questioned her as he wrapped his arms around her and looked up at Isaiah. Surely he would spare his vengeance to save his sister. Vincent didn't speak again as Malece and her brothers traded dialect. Isaiah was right and since her brothers had found her, she would surely be leaving him all the more. How could he live on without her? Sure, he would honor her memory by reigning as justly as possible, but none of it would be worth it if she were not there to share all of it with.

"Why?" The younger brother spoke.

There was silence and Vincent hung his head before looking at Malece. Why would she save him? Why didn't she consider him a monster?

"Because...because I love him."

Vincent's heart stopped and broke in pieces. She loved him enough to save him, but would she love him enough to stay? Could her brothers convince her to leave him? Vincent would have asked those questions but he didn't want to influence such decision, plus he was unsure as to how wise such a question would be when all Isaiah had to do was move his sister and run Vincent through. But that wasn't the only reason he couldn't speak.

The clank of wood against the stone rang out far louder than it should have. Selphia had joined the party and as the mob parted, Vincent saw the anger in her eyes. She carried in her hand a rope that she tossed onto the floor and it slid to stop in front of Vincent.

"Pick it up, Vincent," she growled. Vincent's hand stretched out and scooped up the rope. Upon closer examination a single strand of hair had been woven into it, "That used to glow red. It was your curse. Now it doesn't glow. You," she pointed a boney finger at Malece, "You changed him and now the curse is broken. Now he won't suffer for what he had done to my Telra."

Vincent's grip tightened on the top before he stood up, bringing Malece with her, "Your wrong, Selphia," he started, "I will always suffer for what I did to Telra, what I did to all my people," he looked at Isaiah, Thomas then at Malece, "and for what I did to Malece. When I close my eyes at night, I will be plagued with those memories. When I see these faces, I will be haunted by my wrong doings. Selphia, this is a curse far worse than eternal slumber. This is a curse of regret and sorrow and it is mine to bare."

Vincent stepped forward, "I am truly sorry for what I put Telra through but this," he raised the rope before throwing it to the floor, "is a bitter woman's failed attempt to make me suffer. No one can make me suffer more than I already do. The worst has yet to come," he stated as he lowered his head before turning it to Malece, "nothing would hurt me more than to lose the woman I love, but I do not deserve her and she deserves to be far happier than I can ever make her."

Vincent took his steps toward her and took her hands, "I will not make you stay, my love, but neither can I ask you to do it. Know that I will love no other for the remainder of my days," he leaned toward her and kissed her forehead with trembling lips. They lingered there as if he were saying goodbye once more, "I will always love you." He spoke before he released her and started back up the steps to his throne. His eyes were closed tightly as he fought to hold in every emotion that threatened to escape. He could not influence her decision, and as badly as he wanted her to stay, it was far more important that she be where she was happiest.

• Love
The men who had come in there willing to kill Vincent, moved out of the way for Selphia. The witch brought fear to them all especially with the curse still in play. Malece couldn't help but hold onto Vincent tighter as the old woman came closer, holding a rope in her hands that she threw to the ground just a few inches from them. "That used to glow red. It was your curse. Now it doesn't glow." Selphia's words caused everyone in the room to look shocked, but still no sound was made. "You changed him and now the curse is broken." the old woman pointed a boney finger at Malece, "Now he won't suffer for what he had done to my Telra." Malece would have said something, but Vincent stood up, holding Malece to him as he did so, now both of them on their feet.

Vincent's words caused many in the room to look guilty, to look away or to look at the king with sorry in their eyes. Only Isaiah and Thomas remained blank, without emotions on their faces. Malece was the one who felt tears start to build in her eyes but she refused to let them fall. She forced them back as he turned to look at her after looking at her brothers. His words wanted to pull those tears out from her once again. Not from sadness. No. She wanted to cry from joy. He truly had changed and it made her so happy and made her heart ache... but it was a good ache.

She watched as Vincent addressed Selphia once more, throwing the rope at her feet. "No one can make me suffer more than I already do. The worst has yet to come," Malece looked at Vincent with confusion in her eyes as he turned to look at her once more, sadness in his eyes. "Nothing would hurt me more than to lose the woman I love, but I do not deserve her and she deserves to be far happier than I can ever make her." His words made Thomas look at Malece. The younger brother could see the look in Malece's eyes, it was the same look their mother had towards their father.

"I will not make you stay, my love, but neither can I ask you to do it. Know that I will love no other for the remainder of my days," He said to her after stepping closer to her, taking her hands in his. Malece did not want to leave. "I will always love you." his lips pressed against her forehead and she felt her chest ache more so as he pulled away from her.

Isaiah looked to the king and then to Malece. He sheathed his sword and began walking towards her, but someone grabbed onto his arm. "Let go of me Thomas," Isaiah said to his younger brother. The younger male shook his head, grabbing onto his older brothers clenched hand, taking the necklace away from him.

"We will be no better then he was the day we met him if we force her to leave," the younger male said to the blonde. Isaiah kept his mouth shut and just stepped aside, letting Thomas move towards Malece, taking his younger sisters hand, and placing the wedding band on her palm. "Go, we'll be around Malece," he said to her softly, leaning forward and giving her a gentle hug. Isaiah moved forward and looked at Malece who looked at him with hurt eyes but she leaned up and hugged her big brother. When they let go of her Thomas looked at Vincent. "Stay changed King," he said before he looked back to Malece, cupping her cheek before he pulled away, pulling Isaiah with him, out of the throne room.

Malece turned around and faced Vincent, clutching her fathers wedding ring in her hand tightly before she began walking and then running towards Vincent, throwing her arms around him and hugging him close.

"I love you, Vincent," she whispered to him.

Last edited:
  • Love
Vincent closed his eyes as he heard the conversation unfold behind him. He had allowed Malece to leave, and now he was asking her to do so. He would not ask her to stay because he knew he could not provide her with the life she deserved. The door closed and Vincent hung his head. He could not bear to watch as Malece walked out of his throne room for the kart time and had turned his back. He had thought he was alone, but soft feet pounded against the stones of his floor.

Turning around at the last moment, Vincent caught Malece as she threw her arms around him in the warmest of embraces. Unsure of what to do, his arms hovered over her back until she spoke, "I love you, Vincent," he let out a sigh of relief. His arms hugged her tightly against him. He had fought for so long to hear those words fall from her lips and now that they had, everything was chased away. She was his world and she loved him. This would allow him to begin to heal.

Vincent finally pulled away taking her hands in his, "Why would you stay, Malece?" he shook his head, "It doesn't matter. You're here. That's all that matters."

Gordon and many of his guards entered the throne room soon after all ready for battle, "Give the order, my king, and I will have the heads of all those involved," Godon was angry and Vincent saw it.

Vincent stepped beside Malece, snaking one arm around the small of her back. He looked at Malece and studied her for only a moment before turning to Gordon, "No," Gordon shifted, annoyed and surprised, "These people will be pardon so long as they do not raise a weapon against myself and those I love," he subconsciously pulled Malece closer.

"Have Sarah come here please," Vincent kindly ordered. He then dismissed the soldiers and turned back to Malece, "Malece, you may choose any room, or if you prefer, you may take residence outside the castle. No wing of the castle shall be off limits. Whatever you choose, so long as you're happy, then so shall I be."

Sarah came in not long after, her eyes were filled with relief to see Vincent alive. Vincent smiled and left Malece's side. His arms outstretched as he walked down the steps.the woman threw her arms around him and Vincent returned the embrace, "I was so scared," she breathed into his shoulder.

"Sarah," he spoke as he kissed the roof of her head as a brother would his sister, "I'll not be leaving anytime soon. Also," he stated as he created distance and became her king once more, "Ensure that Malece's things are moved the destination she choose wether it be my room, any other, or a house outside the castle. Whatever she chooses. Assign a young woman to be her handmaiden."

Vincent rejoined Malece atop the steps of his throne room and took her hands once again, "Today marks a new day in the Kingdom. Things will only get better."
---------
Selphia entered her house and immediately threw herself into a raging fit. She unnaturally flipped tables and destroyed any other furniture she could get her hands on. Vincent had not suffered for what had happened. He claimed that only he could make himself suffer. Well he was wrong. Vincent had one weakness and now she was a resident of the kingdom. If she could not get to Vincent through his people, she would crush him through Malece.
---------
The courier hurried rough the marble castle walls. The red and gold flags of Seldria hung proudly on the walls and the large oak doors swung open revealing a man seated beside a woman each one dressed royally. He bowed respectfully and extended his pouch for the nearest soldier. The soldier pulled out a scroll and carried it to the king who unfolded it and red the black ink that had been scribbled across it.

Lord Wesley,

The Beast's people have revolted against him and his own is ripe for the taking. It is time to make him suffer as he has made so many suffer before. Prepare your men and join me in combat to rid this world of a monster. Meet me by the river Ithoa with your armies and together, we will slay the beast.

• Love
Malece could feel warmth envelop her being as Vincent finally hugged her back. His arms around her felt so comforting, so loving that she would have begun to cry if she wasn't so relieved and happy that her brothers and the men who had followed changed their minds. She felt a little guilty in staying, but Thomas had said they would be around and she hoped this was true, because she needed her family to stay close to her. They were all she had left. Vincent continued to make her proud and happy as he made just choices and stopped Gordon from running off into a killing spree only because he was angry. The male was changed for the better and she watched with happiness in her eyes as he hugged those he loved close.

"Today marks a new day in the Kingdom. Things will only get better." Vincent's words made Malece smile, finally happy.
∴​

The hall is lined with portraits of generations passed. King Leonard came from a long line of rulers and with his teachings and what his father before him has taught him, he has expanded his kingdom. Now one of the strongest kingdoms in the land, rivaled against only that of the Beast. Vincent Jameson. This King was ruthless and cruel, for reasons all the rulers knew very well, but this did not excuse King Vincent's actions, but none of the Kingdoms have been willing or powerful enough to stand against the Beast... until now. The doors to his study opened, but King Leonard did not turn to give his attention to the visitors. "Your majesty, their is a messenger from Lord Wesley's kingdom," his guard announced to him. "Send him in," the king said, his voice even and relaxed as he stood, his back to the door, staring into the fireplace.

Leonard could hear the shuffling of feet behind him and then someone cleared their throats. "What is it that Lord Wesley want's of me, messenger?" Leonard asked without turning around to look at the messenger. "Lord Wesley was sent a message from the King of Capora," the messenger began, Leonard still not turning to look at the male as he continued to speak. "The King of Capora and Ravencrest are moving their forces towards King Vincent. Their scouts have told them that the people of the beast finally revolted and that now would be the chance to end the Beast's reign. They have called upon Lord Wesley to aid them in the attack," the messenger explained.

"Lord Wesley asks for your council on the matter. He asks of your opinion. Should he join with Capora and Ravencrest?" the messenger said, his head bowed. Leonard smirked. Those fools planned to kill the beast when he's weak. King Leonard finally turned and he walked towards his desk, pulling free a paper and writing down his answer. He blew on the ink to help it dry. Once that was done, he sealed the note with purple wax and his mark.

He suddenly turned towards the messenger watching the man squirm slightly. "Give this to Lord Wesley. That is my answer to his dilemma," the King said, letting the messenger take the note from him. The messenger was escorted out and his general and personal friend joined him. "What was your answer?" the strong male asked. "I told him to join Capora and Ravencrest," Leonard said truthfully. "It will be interesting to see what the beast will do backed into a corner," he said smirking lightly. "Have our men ready and scouts out and watching. I want to watch the beast fight in person," Leonard said to his general. He watched as the male bowed and exited, the door to his study closing once more. "Yes, let's see what treasures you are hiding in that kingdom of yours, Jameson," he whispered as he smirked, looking into the fire.​

Part II

It had been a month since her brothers had tried to kill Vincent. Since that day many things had begun to happen. There were rumors of three kingdoms moving to attack the kingdom. That there were small attacks going on outside of the kingdom's walls. But nothing had been confirmed, but the thought of war, frightened the people of Vincent's kingdom. They were still unsure if he was truly changed, but he had done nothing but prove them wrong. Starting off with his love towards Malece. He and Malece had become a loving pair and even without her, Vincent went out of his way to help others once again. And his anger was always kept in check, even when the situations became intense, he would keep the level head and resolve the problem calmly and fairly. But what had the people most excited was the engagement between Vincent and Malece. It was the talk of the Kingdom and whenever Malece would walk through the village, she was spoken of highly by everyone. She had saved the kingdom of an eternity of nightmares by helping Vincent change.

Malece would sometimes go out of the kingdom and spend a while with her brothers, climbing trees and just sitting together. But she always came back to Vincent. Things between them had changed ever so slightly. Now they slept close to one another, sharing a bed. And every night, they would fall asleep holding one another. It had never gone further than that, which everyone in the castle believed.

Sarah had become a very close friend and Malece had already gone to visit the older woman's family and she had become very found of Sarah's son, often sitting on the ground with the boy and playing with the small boy. She would also teach Sarah natural home remedies for her son and her family for smaller aliments.

But what the female did the most was tend to the garden, especially around the graves and, together, Malece and Vincent would sit with the graves and she would sing to them while holding onto Vincent's hand. Even if it was just for a few minutes, they made a point to do this in memory to Vincent's family. This was something that they could both do in memory for the innocent loved ones.

That morning Malece murmured in her sleep as she started to wake, still feeling warmth all around her. Her eyes gently fluttered open and she looked up at Vincent, offering the male a tired smile. "Good morning my love," she whispered softly, before she leaned into him, sighing softly as she closed her eyes once more, enjoying the warmth of her love for a few moments longer before they would have to get up and eat.

∴​

"I'm going to town, do you want anything?" Thomas asked Isaiah, who sat up in the trees. "No, I'm good," the older male said to the younger male. Thomas could still tell the other was upset with him. Isaiah thought he was still right in his decision and the male, when drunk, would assure Thomas that Malece would regret protecting the king and would leave him. Thomas was only concerned for his sisters happiness. He wanted his baby sister to be happy and not ignore her heart and if that meant they would have to accept that king as Malece's husband soon, then so be it. His sisters happiness was one of the most important things in his life at that moment. The other was waiting for him back in town.

After saying his goodbye to Isaiah, he began his walk back towards town, walking through the gates, his hood hiding his face from view as he walked through the town and towards the witches home.

He mimicked the call of a hawk, waiting for the response before he repeated the call once more. He smiled happily as he saw the beautiful woman leave the house and walk towards his direction. When she reached him, he smiled, pulling out a freshly picked apple from the apple trees. He handed it to her before he motioned with his head for her to follow him. "How are you today, Telra?" he asked, sweetly.

Vincent slowly stirred from sleep as the soft voice of his lover flooded his ears. His eyes cracked open allowing the sun to perfectly halo her head. Her smiling face greeted him causing one of his own to grow across his lips. He stretched slightly and let out a content sigh before he spoke, "Just the face I want to see first thing in the morning," his voice was still groggy from sleep. Vincent shifted and kissed her forehead before enjoying a few more moments with Malece before a knock raked against the door.

Vincent rolled away from Malece to face the door, "Yes?"

The door opened and sarah entered respectfully. She stepped aside and allowed for Aria, Malece's personal handmaid to enter, "Breakfast is awaiting in the dining hall. Aria is ready to aid Malece with her attire for the day, my lord."

Vincent smiled at sarah and slipped his legs out from under the covers. The fur of his rug slid comfortably between his toes as he placed his feet upon it. Rubbing the back of his neck he yawned before speaking, "Thank you, Sarah. Will you be joining us for breakfast today?" Sarah smiled and bowed respectfully, "Thank you. Set a place for Aria as well."

Sarah bowed again before exiting the room leaving the king, his fiancé, and her handmaid. Vincent moved to the closet and pulled out a loose white shirt. He slipped it over his head hefore moving back to the bed. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Malece's lips before pulling away. He had yet to see her naked and he was not about to do so now, "I'll see you at breakfast?"
---
The house was filled with the smells of incense as Telra moved about almost incapable of containing herself. It was much harder when her mother was around but this morning she had gone into the town for gods know what. Ever since the King had reformed, she had been far harder to deal with. She wouldn't let that ruin her day today though.

Dressed in a simple village dress with a white apron draped over it, she took her basket filled with bread and headed out the door to her garden. She had a few more things to gather before he arrived. Not long after she picked her vegetables, she heard the call. A girlish smile spread across her lips and her heart skipped before she gathered herself and called back. It wa then she rounded the corner and saw him standing before her.

Thomas looked as handsome as ever. She looked down and away as she adjusted the basket on her arm and then used her free arm to tuck a strand of her locks behind her ear. She took the apple and tucked t into her basket and blushed as he greeted her, "I'm well. It's ice to see you, Thomas," she finally looked into his eyes. Her own were filled with adoration. She would never admit it to anyone but she had fallen hard for him the day they had first spoken. He was sweet, just like his sister.

She smiled even wider and stepped closer to him, "So what brings you to my house?"

• Love
Malece had to admit her favorite part of the mornings, was watching Vincent wake from the sound of her voice. Watching his lips spread into a smile always caused warmth to fill her chest. "Just the face I want to see first thing in the morning," His voice, groggy but happy, always caused her to smile wider. Her mornings were now filled with loving embraces and a warmth and safety she never wanted to end. How could someone who once enraged her, make her so happy now? Because Vincent, truly changed and the evidence was in the red rope Selphia said glowed with his curse. Although Malece knew in her heart, Vincent had changed, she kept the rope as a reminder. "A curse is never broken, only lifted. But once the cursed one falls, the curse always returns," the voice of that old woman from her village echo'd in her mind every time she tried to throw the rope away. She would keep it just in case if Vincent ever lost her. She did not plan to let anything separate them... but the world always had a different plan and she wanted Vincent to be strong and not fall back into his monstrous state.

His arm gently pulled her closer to him and she did not resist, cuddling into her fiances chest, blushing slightly from the kiss he placed on her forehead. Her worries were forgotten for now and she focused her hearing on listening to his heart beat. But the inevitable, knock at the door, pulled her from her thoughts and she knew they could not stay in bed all day... even if she wished they could. Gently, Vincent rolled away from her and answered the knocker with a simple 'Yes'. And just like always, Sarah opened the door, smiling respectfully as she entered their bedroom with Aria, a young woman with brown hair and grey eyes, her handmaiden. It was something she was not used to, nor would she ever become used to but she enjoyed the others company. "Breakfast is awaiting in the dining hall. Aria is ready to aid Malece with her attire for the day, my lord." Sarah's words sounded so respectful and calm, something the older woman knew she did not have to do with Malece. As far as Malece was concerned, Sarah was her good friend, not a servant. All of this was so new to Malece. A peasant girl, who climbed trees and dug up roots and mushrooms most days to eat with her family. This was all very much and sometimes it overwhelmed her... but she only expressed it to Vincent, at night when neither one could sleep and in the darkness they spoke as just a man and a woman. Simple and uncomplicated. No one to impress and no titles to hide behind... although, Malece had no title to begin with.

It was then Vincent completely pulled away from her, sitting up completely and stretching his limbs. Malece watched, staring at his chest that always caused her to forgot she had to say something, but soon it was hidden away from her gaze, as Vincent dressed himself. And just like every morning, he came back over towards her and kissed her gently. It was a loving 'good morning' kiss, one of many they have shared now... but she would never tire of them.

"I'll see you at breakfast?" His question pulled a smile from her and then a nod. "I will see you soon," she whispered softly, knowing now he would leave to give her the privacy she needed to change. It was odd... the thought of him seeing her naked, always caused her chest to tighten and her cheeks to turn rosy with blush.

She did not let Aria help her dress, having the young woman face the wall and chat with her while Malece changed until she needed some help with a piece of clothing. The young beauty was very unsure on how she would feel if Vincent ever saw her naked... but that was a hurdle for another day.

∴​

Thomas smiled at Telra, the goofy grin lighting up his face at her question as to why he was by her house. "Well, I found this group of blooming apple trees and I cam by looking for a certain young miss to come with me to enjoy the sight and the smell," he began looking up and looking around Telra. "You haven't seen her have you?" he began, looking serious at first. "She's about your height, with hair like a raven's feather and eyes like a wild blue bell flower. A beauty to behold," he described her, smiling finally as he looked at her. He held out his hand to her to take, an invitation to another one of Thomas's small adventures.

Once Telra's hand entered his own, he smiled, a warm smile that was very similar to the one his sister had. "There she is," he whispered softly, so only she could hear him. And with that, they began the small journey towards the trees he spoke of.

• Love
The breakfast table was spread out with different fruits and breads. Vincent smiled as he entered and moved to the side of the table that used to host only a single chair. Now it sat next to a newly fashioned chair of equal importance. His dinnerware sat next to Malece's and there was nothing that he would allow to get in the way to prevent that.

Sarah was waiting patiently for her lord and future lady to enter, not willing to sit before them. It was a habit that had been engrained in her just from all the years of servitude. Vincent smiled at her and gestured for her to sit but her face turned a bit red as she respectfully shook her head. Vincent chuckled and then took his seat.

"One day you'll learn that it is alright to be informal at times, Sarah. You aren't my servant, but a friend and a very dear one to Malece," Vincent tried to reason with her.

"Old habits die hard it seems," she smiled as she moved to the plates and began to place them in their proper places. Vincent only sighed but knew that arguing with the woman was like trying to ask a mountain to move. Something that was impossible to convince.
-----
Selphia watched from her perch as Malece dressed herself. She was such a beautiful woman and far more than what the king ever deserved after what he had done to Telra. If she could just dispense justice then everything would be back to normal. For his crime, however, Selphia could not settle on justice that would be fitting to his crime. She favored death, but when Malece had won his heart and broken the curse, suffering became an even better flavor.

It wouldn't be long now before she would get the soon to be queen alone. When that time came, then and only then would Vincent know true suffering.

• Love
The brunette smiled lightly as she loosely pinned her hair back, finishing her preparation for that day. It had become habit for her to go outside and tend to the garden, especially with the herbs she had planted and now tended, just in case another illness began spreading through the kingdom. It had become a hobby of her's and, often times, Vincent would come out and join her for a little while and just keep her company as she sang and tended to the plants. Today she decided on another simple dress, this one a pale purple with a bodice that hugged her middle tightly. It was made by the lovely seamstress who lived in the village, the same woman who's son Malece had saved at the beginning of the plague.Now the boy ran about and played once again and Malece was glad for this. Pairing her dress off with her climbing boots, Malece felt ready to face the day. "Aria, do you know if the cook has willow's breath?" the maiden asked, walking towards her new companion. Aria turned to look at Malece with a bit of confusion. "I'm not sure Miss. Shall I ask while you eat breakfast?" the young blonde was polite and made Malece smile. "No need, I'll ask him after breakfast," she said softly, opening the door to the bedroom.

Aria stepped out first and then Malece, who closed the door herself. The guard stationed there shook his head but smiled. "That's my job Miss," he teased. Malece shrugged and smiled. "I've got two good working hands, I can close the door myself Garth," she joked politely back. She had become quite loved in the castle, among the servants and the guards, she was not used to so much kindness and she often joked about it with whomever was there. Although she was now Vincent's fiance, she still felt like a peasant girl without a care in the world... most of the time at least.

Malece wasn't completely without reason. She knew she had to learn how to be a proper queen, so she would spend some afternoons with Sarah and a few of the older servants and they would teach her as best as they could. It was easy to pick up table etiquette but it was remembering what utensils went to what course that trumped her, but she still had time to practice and get everything right before the wedding. That reminded her, they still had to pick a date and send the proper invitations. With all this talk of invasion, she had to hope that once the other kingdoms saw how Vincent had changed, they would reconsider their choice.

Before the brunette knew it, the two were walking into the dinning room, the smell of food reaching her nose and snapping her out of her thoughts. She smiled and she moved further in, towards Vincent and Sarah. "Good morning Sarah," she said softly, giving the older woman a hug. "Good morning, my love," she said to Vincent before she leaned down and kissed his lips; a quick peck that still made her heart race. She pulled away and took a seat, looking at all of the food a moment, before she looked up at Sarah and then Aria. "Will you both be joining us for breakfast?" she asked softly. She always left the choice to them, never demanding anything of them.

Vincent chuckled at Malece's question, "Of course they are, dear," gesturing to the table, he waited for the two servants to sit before he started conversing, "I've some duties to attend to today. My messenger has yet to return from one of our neighboring kingdoms. I fear that my request for a summit was grimly denied. It seems that war might be inevitable."

Vincent stared off a moment as he pondered what his father must think. His father had built a peaceful kingdom despite the strained relations with the other kingdoms. He had made his kingdom prosperous and was loved by all. In only a few short years, Vincent had managed to destroy all of that save the prosperity. That was the only part he had managed to increase, but only after taking it from his own people without merit. It was a lot for him to handle, knowing that it was his fault that war was guaranteed.

He smiled and shook his head, "What is in store for you today?"

Sarah spoke up, "If I may?" Vincent nodded, "I would like to take Malece for more studies? She's much to learn if she is to help you run the kingdom."

That she did. He loved Malece, but it was not customary for a person of his standing to marry a commoner. He should have been marrying another Royal, someone who had been trained in politics. Malece had much to learn despite how much he loved her, it was necessary that she study quite often, "It sounds fine to me so long as Malece does not already have plans."

"I would also like to this outside of the castle walls," sarah spoke more meekly.

Vincent's brow furrowed immediately. Ever since the threats of war, he wanted to do nothing but hide Malece away. He had "lost" her before and could not bare to do so again. He loved her more than life itself and in order to protect her, he wanted nothing more than to keep her in the walls. That way he could keep an eye on her. He searched Sarah's eyes and then turned to Malece. He had found it hard to tell her no now that she was no longer a prisoner, but his future bride, "If Malece wishes that. Be sure she returns before the evening. I've made plans for us tonight."

At the mention of war, Malece felt her smile dim slightly. This was a topic she had heard her father and brother often speaking about. Isaiah had been training with the knights of their kingdom before their mother had been slain by the very knights he had looked up to; men who taught him to think outside the box and strike where their enemy would not expect him. All of that talking had not gone unnoticed by her. Isaiah soon left the order and took up hunting with their father and Thomas, while Malece took her mothers job. "We must leave. Rumors are already spreading about Malece, father," the statement had solidified the need to leave. With the help of Kale, the family left in the night, taking only what they needed and leaving no trace to where they were headed. Joining a group of families traveling to another kingdom, the four of them decided to follow and see what they would do. That choice was no longer an issue... with that raid, the siblings would remain here; only because Malece refused to leave.

Malece wanted to ask Isaiah about what they should do... but her big brother wasn't speaking to her all that much, even though she went to visit the two as often as she could. Between teaching the local healers her remedies, rewriting her mothers remedy book, Queen lessons and tending the garden, Malece was a busy bee; a very happy busy bee.

"What is in store for you today?" Malece looked over at Vincent, her smile returning. Before she could answer, Sarah spoke, pulling her attention to the older female. "I would like to take Malece for more studies? She's much to learn if she is to help you run the kingdom." The brunette knew she'd be having a lesson today, multiple ones if she could get through the first one easy enough. Politics were difficult for Malece, but many of the other things a Queen did, etiquette among guests and the people, she was a quick learner. She also had lessons with Gordon on battle strategies and tactics, offering up what her family did as a way for the soldiers to train. Having archers in the trees around the kingdom was a great tip, at least Gordon said it was. "It sounds fine to me so long as Malece does not already have plans." Malece smiled at Vincent. "Other then tending the garden and doing my own personal studies, I'm as free as free as can be," she smiled as she spoke, Aria covering her mouth as she giggled silently. The handmaiden found it difficult to not giggle at what Malece said at times; a common thing Malece did now to make Aria giggle.

"I would also like to do this outside of the castle walls," Sarah's request caused many in the room to hold their breath. With all the tension with the other kingdoms and scouts going missing, Vincent refused to let Malece out of the castle without a guard; a knight if Gordon was not available.

Malece took Vincent's hand, to reassure the male he would not loose her.

Every night Vincent would hold her so close, with such a protective hold; causing her to wake up in the middle of the night at times. His fear of loosing her was very real with the threat of war approaching, but he still allowed her to make the choice for herself, even though she knew he wanted her within the safety of these walls until the war was settled and they were married.

"If Malece wishes that. Be sure she returns before the evening. I've made plans for us tonight."

His words caused her to smile, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "I don't mind, so long as we don't go too far from the castle," she said softly, looking to Sarah. The smile on the older woman's face as she nodded helped calm the nervousness that filled Malece. Leaving the castle was dangerous and Malece was not stupid enough to believe nothing would happen to her. If anything, she would be a target, to make Vincent completely loose himself, was to kill Malece. The young beauty did not want to die; she did not want to leave Vincent.

Breakfast was pleasant, but Vincent had learned that any time with Malece was pleasant. He had found himself, when busying with his responsibilities, yearning to reestablished even just the proximity of the woman he had learned to love more than life itself. He had proven that in his willingness to die if it would grant her even the slightest peace or safety. His heart always swelled with love and threatened to burst with happiness when she was even only near him.

Unfortunately, breakfast ended and with the threat of war, he was torn from her company and hurried to the war room. A soft kiss and a promise to see her again buffered the pain that assaulted him because of the disconnection from her. This war had caused him to be protective of her. He could nOT lose her. To do so would be to lose all purpose. He feared the man he would become should she slip from his arms.

Gordon kept him busy to try and distract him. He also assigned the best of his men to keep an ever watchful eye over the soon-to-be Queen. It eased Vincent just enough for him to focus on his business but he could still see the yearning in the eyes of his king, the worry that weighed down his shoulders. Vincent had found strength and himself in Malece. She was now, not only his lifeline, but she also served as the lifeline for the entire kingdom.
-----
Sarah had a pep in her step more so than she did within the walls of castle. The heaviness of the situation seemed to weigh on everything making every job difficult within the walls. Outside the walls, she felt lighter. Her eyes landed in Malece and she smiled, "My Lady," she spoke formally, "You required that I not take you far from the walls and that spoke volumes of you. I am quite certain, at times, the King might seem suffocating," she knew Vincent well enough to know this was true, "Instead of creating as much distance as you could between the King and yourself, you considered him. You eased his mind even in the slugfest with your restriction.,

Sarah sighed as she looked down the road toward the town that wrapped around the protective walls of the castle. The people had fallen in love with Malece. What better place to continue her lessons than within the city, "Come, my lady, should we find something precious to gift the king with? Perhaps such a thing might help him relax even in the slightest of ways?"
-----
Selphia slaved over her spell book searching for the perfect thing that would help her hurt the king. Unhappy with the results and not being willing that Vinent automatically consider her as the culprit, she turned to more natural sources.

She had just returned home with an apron full of roots and flowers. She knew exactly what she needed to do as she ground the roots and flowers together before putting it in a small vial. All she needed to do was get Malece to ingest or breathe in the fine powder and her life would come to an excruciatingly painful death. Vincent would be able to do nothing but watch as his most prized possession either away in agony before finally dying.

She would finally have her revenge.