Beautiful Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anrar laughed softly, probably the first time he'd laughed in her presence and the smile it brought to his face made him looking younger, less ragged and effected by the world. He shook his head, tucking his hair back behind his ear and spoke softly. "You don't need to apologize. Normal to you means human and I know this, and I am not human so your wording is fine. I take no offense. I also understand your concern about wanting to stay human as I have told you that some people become mythicals. You are fine, Fre."

Having addressed her worry first, he moved on to her other questions and in time, Winifred would come to know that no matter how many questions she asked or in what order he replied, he'd remember them and address them. And if he didn't....something was wrong. "I know French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic and English." Anrar paused at the rest of her questions; some he had to think about and others...he wasn't sure he wanted to answer, but he'd told her that he would tell her what she wanted and really, would telling her harm him? No. He just wasn't used to sharing information about himself and thinking about the pain he'd been in while in the shower made the blond hesitate further. He finally did answer, though.

"It can be very painful, yes. I...if I hold it off for too long, it is agonizing, but most of the time it's pain I can tolerate. Elementals aren't supposed to transition and when I go from fire to water and from wind to earth, my body is caught between two things that are opposite forces in nature. It's not a smooth transition, though, it's also not random. Which element I am changes at the end of every week, so I am each element at some point in the month."

Now that such information was out of the way, Anrar felt like he could breathe again and he realized he'd brought his knees up and was holding them loosely, hiding almost even if he'd not meant to. He didn't uncurl yet, though, watching Fred and her reactions, noting when she seemed curious and when she seemed unsure, how she kept her hand on her rib and he had seen how much she'd liked the flames. It was one thing that had prompted him asking her if she wanted protection from it. "It wouldn't hurt at all, I promise. You would be normal, human, but you wouldn't be able to burned by fire, killed by it or effected by it mentally. In most cases you'd be immune to flames."

He gave her a slight smile, dark green eyes searching her lighter hued ones. "Would you like that?"

Fred smiled at his laugh, she never heard him laugh and it sounded like music to her, beautiful. "You actually smiled." she muttered, "I like it. Do you think you could teach some phrases in those languages some time? I've always wanted to learn but never had the chance."

After hearing his laugh his voice just sounded sweeter, better, she couldn't explain it. "Well that would explain why you don't work weekends. I'm sorry it hurts you... I can't- Well I guess I can... I mean- Never mind." Tripping over her worlds, pushing an old memory back down, deep down. Sadness covered her face, but a hand rubbed over her eyes as if to wipe away the expression, hoping he didn't see it.

Slowly her hands fell back down into her lap, light hues caught his as her lips twisted to the side in thought, "If it won't hurt.. What do you have to do?"

His keen ears caught her mumbled words rather easily, but Anrar didn't give any indication of that and only nodded to her request, though, it did beg the question of whether or not she was thinking she was going to be seeing a lot of him. Interesting. They'd have to discuss that. But perhaps not on the kitchen floor. He didn't know about her, but his body was starting to hurt from the hard surface and considering she'd taken more damage than him last night, she couldn't have been overly comfortable.

But then again, Fred seemed to be used to discomfort if what she was stuttering about was anything to go by. And her face said it all for him. She'd been hurt in her life, maybe more than once, and the though made him frown, made anger he'd not expected flare within in his chest. The thought of such a thing... Fred had helped him, had been kind to him and so perhaps this urge to protect her was understandable - especially considering how little contact and friendly interaction he got with people - but it still surprised him to feel and Anrar looked contemplatively at the woman before him until she spoke again. He was immediately brought back to reality and he blinked to clear the haze that sat there before answering as he stood to his feet, muscles protesting as he reached down to help Fred up if she accepted the offer.

"I would have to touch the mark, speak the blessing in my native tongue and then activate it with fire. None of this would hurt you and you wouldn't have to do anything." Of course, he wouldn't mention the part where it would cost him some extreme effort. If he could protect Fred from even just fire, he would like to because he'd already put her in enough danger by just being here and telling the things he had.

Fred looked up at him for a moment, concern and worry in her eyes, hesitantly raising a hand to grab his and pull herself up. Groaning as her body protests the movement of her muscles, standing up she stumbled and pressed into him for balance. Freezing against him, staring up to meet his dark hues, before quickly stepping back, "I-I'm sorry..." Red filled her cheeks once more in embarrassment, she wasn't afraid of him but he probably didn't want her up against him.

"Well.." lips stayed parted as if to say more for her mind drifted, "Uh..." blinking her mind snapped back to reality. "Do I have to lay down for it or something?" she asked biting her lip, moving around the island to point to the couch. "Is here okay? Do you need to meditate or something first? Some kind of.. other things?" Babbling, something like word vomit, from her embarrassment just seconds before. Grabbing the blanket that had been lazily tossed on the couch and folding it up.

Gripping the blanket to her chest she bit her lip, something that probably looked childish but to her it was comforting. "Um... Can I ask you something? Something else beside all of my other questions... What will happen when we go back to work? Just ignore each other, pretend nothing ever happened, or.. what?"

Anrar caught her. The reflex was instant and when she stilled, so did he, looking down at her with wide eyes, his hands gripping her upper arms securely. For a long moment his mind stalled as he stared into her light green eyes, time standing still in the strangest of ways, but then Fred was pulling back, blushing, apologizing and he let her go instantly when she moved away, wondering why the contact hadn't made him react like touch usually did. Dare he say he'd actually been....okay with it? Anrar wasn't sure and so he merely shook his head. "It's all right." he murmured back before following her out of the kitchen and toward the living room.

His thought process was interrupted - probably a good thing - as she questioned him and the blond's lips held the touch of a smile as he answered, taking a seat on the couch and knowing that when she was ready, Fred would do the same. He wasn't in any rush, not yet. "Here is fine. All you have to do is let me have access to the mark. Whether you want to lay down or sit up, stand, it's up to you. I am ready when you are, Fre." he assured her.

Ah, the real question. Well, they were going to it at some point. Anrar sighed and tilted his head sharply to rest on the back of the couch, rubbing his face and then both hands going through his hair as he stared at he ceiling. "I won't be going, Fre. I'm a runner. That's what I do. When I am found, I move and I hide again. It's dangerous for me to stay in any one one place at a time and I've been here longer than I should have been anyway."

He lifted his head again and looked down at his hands, avoiding Fred's eyes. "I won't be able to give you a way to reach me or...tell you where I am going. I don't know if...I could come back, either."

Last edited:
Fred slowly sat down at his words, her mind having blocked out anything he said prior, "Y-You won't came back..?" she sounded more sad then she should have. Thinking about that last eighteen hours, she still barely knew him but there was something there that gave her comfort, there was still something bizarre about it all. "What if..?" The blanket, still pulled tight to her chest, covered the frown as her chin rested into the soft fabric. "What do I tell the guys at work?"

Eyes were glued to the rug on the floor. I still don't understand and I can't see how... Her mind just kept wondering, full of confusion but at the same time she understood why. If people like those three were always after him, she couldn't blame him or be upset for him always running. "Well... What if you didn't have to run? What if you just stayed off the grid and made a life somewhere?"

Letting the blanket fall to the floor, slumping back into the couch, "Its not fair ya'know..." Flashing back to when she ran away as a teenager, having skipped through multiple states before her father gave up the look for her. "One time I saved up a ticket to go to Europe, something I always dreamed of doing when I was a kid..." A small smile pulling on her lips, soon to just disappear. "But the day I bought the ticket, the plane coming in crashed. I saw it as a sign and settled here... Why don't you try and go somewhere on an island? Get away from it all?"

He had to smile at her innocence. Oh, he could tell she had a past and she was smart, but as one coming into his world...she was barely an infant. She knew so little and she was in so much danger already because she was on the fence now, able to see and understand her own world and looking through a fog toward his world, seeing distance shapes, but not truly comprehending what they were. She knew enough to be considered a threat, but not enough to protect herself...and Anrar had put her in that position.

It was up to him to make sure that even when he left, she was as protected as she could be.

The blond finally looked up and he turned his body, crossing his legs on the couch as he faces her, resting his forearms on his knees. "You won't have to tell them anything. I'll just say I am moving away. Simple as that." he assured her and then moved on to the more complicated matters that involved things she couldn't even begin to realize yet. That wasn't her fault, of course, but the sooner she understood, the better.

"I can't get away from it, Fre. Mythicals are everywhere and anywhere humans are not, you are sure to find the beings of my world are there. We are everywhere and...most of the time we can sense each other. Not all of us, but there are creatures with advanced senses, abilities...many things that can detect a being like me. The only reason I have been able to avoid being captured indefinitely is because I am one of them and I know how to avoid them, but only if I keep moving. I have been at this a long....long time, before you were even a thought in your great-grandparent's mind."

Anrar sighed. "Unfortunately, I've already attracted too much attention here and I've put you in danger. For that I am sorry."

Last edited:
"But.. But if you're on an island you'll be fine. You're the only one on the island, no one can touch you." Tucking a dread behind her ear, turning to face Anrar, "What if you just fight back?" She knew it must seem strange to pester him about staying, they barely knew each other but something didn't want him to leave.

With a sigh she leaned into the cushion of the couch at his comment about sensing others like him, "What if you just where a lot of musk? They can't smell- Well never mind, I guess they could. A spell? A blessing? Forget it..." Mumbling her last words, giving up on the pull to have him stay in the city.

After a moment of silence she shifts moving closer to him, lifting up the side of her shirt. "If you're going to leave then at least do the blessing thing before you go." Telling him more than asking as she pulled her shirt up the rest of the way, not caring if you floral bra was showing. "What if people ask about you?"

He remained quiet because he knew what she was doing. For some reason he couldn't yet define, she wanted him to stay - maybe just so she could learn more or somehow felt responsible for him as humans tended to do after stressful situations...well, either that or they retreated completely - and she simply had to come to the realization herself that he knew better than she did his situation and how best to stay safe in these circumstances.

Fight back. Oh, if only she knew. Anrar wasn't going to say anything to that one right now and instead he focused on Fred herself as she edged nearer and pulled her shirt up to show her ribs and the mark there. "Depends who's asking. If it's someone we both know, tell them I moved away and if you think it might be a mythical, just say you don't know." It wasn't a foolproof answer, but it was better than her getting caught in a web of words. He seemed distracted when he answered, focused on something else and the blond tilted his head, glancing up at the woman briefly as if asking permission before reached out and ran just his fingertips over the tattoo. His dark eyes closed, as if sensing something, or searching and when they opened, his irises glowed red, fire flickering in his gaze and then on his hand, spreading toward his fingertips where they rested on Fred's skin.

Anrar lowered his head a little and the word that whispered from his lips seemed to contain an echo, the crackling of flames, the roar of a wildfire and heat that ghosted against her skin despite the distance of his mouth from her body.

"Forberen."

The flames on his hand licked over Fred's skin, painless, but somehow nearly burning all the same and the tattoo glowed as red as his eyes before Anrar pulled away and the mark dimmed back to how it had looked before. The power in the air dissipated and the blond slowly sank back against the couch. His entire body shook uncontrollably and when Anrar breathed out, crystals and mist clouded in front of him as if it was a winter day inside the house. The same fingers that had touched Fred's skin were now blistered and he looked like he could slip into sleep - or perhaps unconsciousness - at any moment. "It's done."

Last edited:
Fred kept still as he began, a blush on her cheeks and goosebumps covering her skin as he traced her tattoo. Waiting patiently until he was done she lower her shirt, a frown on her lips from the sour feeling she had. "Thanks.." Glancing over she noticed something wrong with his fingers, "Are you okay?"

Shifting to face him she carefully took his hand to look at the blisters, "This is what happens when you do it? You shouldn't have done it then!" Quickly she reached over to the first aid kit, not having moved it from the couch where she left it, "Stay still, this may hurt a bit." Putting ointment on his fingers she was careful not to press down on the burns. "You just can't stop getting hurt, can you?" She asked glancing up at him as she began to wrap his fingers in gauze.

Even though she was finished she didn't let got of his hand, for some reason it was hard to let go physically and mentally. "When you go will you be safe or at least careful?" Her eyes not leaving his hand until she made herself let go. Standing up, her mind seeming to be elsewhere now, she just stood there for a moment. "I um... I hope you'll be happy."

"No. This only happens when my power over fire is waning. During my stage of being a water elemental, I can be burned." he clarified as she worked. His eyes were half-lidded, tired and Anrar didn't protest her ministrations, smiling slightly in wry amusement at her rhetorical question, merely letting his eyes drift shut. She only knew the half of the story...well, not even that, but that's how the phrase went, right?

The blond blinked, forcing himself to stay awake as his trembling started to subside, to look down at his hand still caught in Fred's smaller one. Dark green eyes blinked, looking up slowly to see that the woman who held his fingers in such a careful hold was looking down at them and she seemed to be struggling with something. It showed rather plainly on her face and the male said nothing, but he found he wanted to when she pulled away, missing the strange comfort that had come from the gesture. He forced himself to sit up, feeling the world spin a little as he cradled his head in his hands, not at all mindful of the blisters covered by gauze on one and the wrapping around his injured wrist on the other. He hardly seemed to note the pain at all.

"I will be as careful as I can be." he assured softly, but he couldn't promise happiness. This time he'd spent with Fred, it was the closest to happy, heck to even smiling, that he'd come in a long time. He'd almost forgotten what such emotions felt like to be honest. Be that as it may, he should probably go. He knew that and Anrar knew that the longer he stayed, the less likely he'd want to leave, so the blond made himself stand, ignoring the feeling of being lightheaded and he looked down at Fred, opening his mouth to speak...and then stopping.

He turned his head instead, tilting a little and his eyes narrowed as he placed a hand to his lips, signally for quiet. His mind snapped into alert attention and his body followed, not quite as willing, but not rebelling either as he made his way to the window and carefully peeked out through the blinds. What he saw made him curse rather colorfully and he moved away from the window as quietly as he'd approached until he was beside Fred again, looking down at her with the same serious look he'd given her right before they'd exited the bar. Perhaps this time she'd listen.

"There are three fire elementals down on the street and one siren. I could leave, but...I don't know if they are aware I am with you. If they are, they might very well kill you."

Last edited:
Blinking as he brought her mind back to reality she could only frown, "Really? How did they find you?" Inching towards the door, fingers pressing between the blinds to keep through. The three people in her sight, one looked up and as they did she quickly backed away from the window. "What are we going to do? There isn't a way out without them seeing..." A hand raised to her lips, biting at one of her nails in thought. "Um.. Um.. Um.." Walking back over to him she shook her head, "This can't be happening, this can't be happening."

Her mind was going into a panic now, eyes dashing about the room, "911? No, that would just make me sound crazy trying to explain what's going on... What would you do?" she asked Anrar, gripping his forearm gently, "Please tell me you have some sort of plan, or situation like this you've gotten out of. I'm in now condition to fight for my life right now." Fingers combed through her hair, "What if we just pretend we're not here? Lock the door, put stuff in front of it, become invisible?!"

In any other situation, he might have found her frantic questions amusing, but such was not the time for an emotion like that and instead Anrar found himself enormously worried, and a bit scared for Fred. For himself, he only felt resignation, had for a while now, but for this human woman who'd only just stumbled into this world, who had been kind to him and helpful, who'd given him just a glimpse of normality and care...the blond didn't want anything to happen to her. And he knew very well that he might not actually be able to help her at all, to keep her safe against the odds that he had to face every day. He was born into this. She had not been.

Her touch brought him back to the present with a jolt and Anrar started before focusing, glancing toward the window and then the door, debating. "Fre, calm down. Panicking is not going to help you think and will just make you freeze when you need to move the most. Take a few deep breaths." Having said that, he moved back to the window and looked out in time to see two fire elementals and the siren entering the building. He also noted that the fire-escape was being guarded by the third elemental and knew instantly that such an escape route was lost to them.

"I never have a plan, but I do know how to escape. I can't stay here and you..." They'd found him using power sensors. He was never more vulnerable than when he was transitioning and his energy trails and power signatures could be picked up rather easily and tracked. They'd come to this room and if they found Fred.... Anrar looked down at her and spoke quickly. "You have two options open to you. The first is that you can leave and find a neighbor who will let you in or get out of the building once they've started looking for me. You won't be able to come back here for at least a week. Option two is...that you come with me."

It was her choice and she'd be in danger either way. He wasn't going to simply drag her along. She'd have to be willing. And if she was, they were going to exit through an entirely different room - even if he had to break down the door to another apartment, and they'd go down that fire-escape. The four who'd come couldn't guard every exit.

Fred looked up at him, her lower lip jutting out in a frown. "I-I don't know... What if they don't find you but they sense you on me? Would I die and then you leaving for my safety would be for nothing?" Glancing between Anrar and the window and then closing her eyes she took a deep breath. "What's the point?" muttering to herself as she rushed over to the bedroom, yanking open the closet door she pulled out a duffel bag. Pulling open drawers she began stuffing clothes and personal items into the large bag. Shirts, pants, under garments, jewelry, old pictures, anything she couldn't bare to leave behind.

For a few seconds she stood there, looking at the empty drawers, and hoisted the bag onto her shoulder. "Is this what it feels like?" she asked him stepping out of her room. "Makes me feel like I'm sixteen again..." Closing her eyes and taking another deep breath, she gathered her thoughts and looked at the door, "We can cut through a room two doors down the hall. The lock is broken and no one is living in there right now, plus its by the second fire escape. Anything else I need to know before we run?"

She was...coming with him.

Anrar watched Fred with the closest thing to a shell-shocked expression he'd exhibited in a long time. She had chosen...to come with him. He couldn't seem to wrap his mind around that and for a long moment after the woman questioned him, dark green eyes could only stare at her, shocked and scared and grateful all at once before the blond made himself focus, giving a ragged exhale before moving toward the door himself, having nothing to take and knowing that going back to his own place would be akin to planting a big red bullseye on his back. And now Fred's back, too.

She was really coming with him?

"Two things; you need to know that if I tell you to do something that makes no sense to you, do it without hesitation. It could save your life. And no matter what you think might happen to me, I promise you that no one is going to kill me, so you don't need to try and save my life if something goes wrong." At this point, that was all she needed to know until they could find somewhere safe and he could fill her in on more. Right now, they just needed to run and they did, Anrar checking the hall before they darted to the door Fred had mentioned. It was indeed open to them and the two raced to the window and Anrar forced the rusted thing up, pushing out the screen and looking out carefully to be sure that it wasn't guarded. There was no one below in the alleyway, but the blond looked back toward the door, able to sense the three beings that were working their way down the hall. It wouldn't take them long to realize his energy signal had moved.

Dark green eyes looked back at Fred. "Go. When you hit the street, run to the end of the alley and," Anrar paused for a moment and his eyes seemed to cloud over as he frowned, locating where the fourth person outside was. His eyes cleared a moment later and he continued. "and then cross the street and keep running. You won't be seen. I'll be right behind you."

Last edited:
Fred followed close behind him, closing the door behind them as they entered the empty apartment. Watching Anrar's eyes as he paused, his dark eyes clouding over only made her look at him a bit afraid but she didn't have time to think about it. Giving a quick and understanding nod she ducked through the window and made her way down the fire escape as fast and quietly as she could. Lowering the ladder she moved the strap of her bag over her head so that it wouldn't fall. Sliding down the ladder and handing on the asphalt she looked up and Anrar for a second and then darted her way down the alley.

There was no time to think, just act, and so she did. Like he told her she ran, making to the end of the alley she sprinted across the street, almost colliding with a biker on a yellow bike and jumping out of the way of a red mini-van. Her heart was racing and her chest was heaving with every breath she took, and the few seconds she took to reach the other side of the street seemed to take a few minutes. But she didn't stop there, she kept going until she reached the back of an old restaurant, dark windows and old bricks. The lettering of its title had faded or fallen off as time pasted it by, to her knowledge no one had bought the place after it went out of business, so she saw it as a good place to hide.

Ducking behind the restaurant, back pressing against the brick wall, closing her eyes as she caught her breath. Both hands gripped the bag's strap tightly hoping Anrar wasn't too far behind her or didn't get caught. Mustering up the courage she stepped closer to the edge of the building and peeked around the corner, "Please be okay..."

Anrar watched Fred go and he went out on to the fire-escape as she hit the ground, giving her a reassuring nod when she looked up. When she darted away, he watched as she crossed the street and felt some relief when she just kept going. Good girl. Knowing he didn't have to worry for her for the moment, the blond looked back into the room and quickly undid the bandage around his wrist. It wasn't all that hard to reopen the cut with the pocket knife he kept close and blood ran down his hand, fingers to drip on the floor. Anrar glanced from the red drops to the door, voice quiet, much the same as when he'd activated Fred's mark.

"Nahisnaa."

The blood on the floor disappeared, one moment there and the next moment gone and Anrar smiled a little before crudely wrapping his arm again as he started down the fire-escape. Landing on the cement, he let more blood drip, the same effect happening as before and then raced for the alley opening. He took a quick scan before letting blood drip and then ran across the street, leaving a trail of blood to splatter in small drops on the asphalt behind him until he reached Fred. The blond stopped the bleeding again halfheartedly and gave her a slightly shaky, slightly cocky smile.

"Come on." It was all he felt needed to be said at the moment before starting to run again, about halfway down the block starting to let the blood drip again to disappear a moment later. It wasn't until they'd gotten about four blocks away that Anrar stopped again and leaned back against the bricks that made up the side of a jewelry store, breathing steady in a type of trained way, but hard from the running. He was starting to feel the effects of the blood-loss, the lack of food, aches and pains from last night and the power he'd already used today, but hey, he was alive and free, and that's what mattered. Right? Anrar grimaced as he let more blood drip, pressing down on his arm to make it flow a bit faster before he finally used the nearly blood-soaked bandage to re-wrap the injury for a final time, tying it off with fingers and teeth before his green eyes looked to Fred.

"We should have lost them for a while. The siren will find us again if someone else doesn't first, but we've got some time now. You all right?"

Last edited:
As she ran close behind Anrar, she saw the blood dripping from his wrist, fear spiking in her core as the gauze turned dark red. As they stopped she caught her breath, leaning her shoulder into the building's wall. "What happened? Did they get you?" Thinking for a moment she realized that she didn't pack extra gauze, everything in the first aid kit was left back at the apartment. Tightly gripping the bottom of her shirt she ripped off a strip of fabric, "Here, wrap this around your arm, like a tourniquet."

Staring at him for a moment she couldn't believe he was asking how she was when he was the one bleeding out. But once she thought about it and looked down, "I forgot my shoes..." mumbling as her toes curled against that the warm pavement. "I'm fine. More importantly how are you feeling?" Once she was reassured that he would be okay there was something she had to ask. "Where are we going? Bus station? Airport? I like knowing where I'm going. I always had a plan before leaving."

He shook his head at her initial question regarding his health, still breathing hard and gratefully took the strip of shirt - she wasn't going to have much of one if they kept this up and she WAS with him now...her poor clothing... - to tie around his elbow to stop the blood flow lower down. Once that was taken care of the blond looked up and blinked, tilting his head in a questioning way to see that she was staring at him with an expression he didn't quite understand. She said nothing, though, and when she looked away, he frowned, confused but followed her eyes to her bare feet and smiled just slightly.

"We'll get you some."

How was he feeling? Anrar frowned, looking away, appearing uncomfortable as if he truly didn't quite know how to answer such a question. It had been a long time since someone had wanted to know and had actually cared about what he was feeling in any way. He thought about it, though, and decided the shortest answer would be best. And it wasn't untruthful...in a sense....depending on how you looked at it. "I'll be fine. The blood trail was necessary." If she wanted more information he'd elaborate, but until they'd spent more time together - if they did; she could still back out or be killed - he would tell her about his world, but....not so much about himself.

The change in topic was welcome and Anrar moved away from the wall and started to walk, beckoning for Fred to follow as they made their way down the street. "Not the bus, not at this point of the month. End of the month, buses are fine." Yeah, he'd probably need to explain that eventually. The blond went on. "Taxi first and then a cruise, actually. Crazy as it sounds, the ocean will be the best place for us right now. I'd like to get to Scotland at this point. It's a good place to hide and I haven't been there in fourt-...a long time." As he corrected his 'mistake', Anrar summoned a cab and they both slipped in.

He told the driver to make his way to the coast and didn't seem the least bit concerned about the cost of the drive; which measured up in the hundreds.

Frowning at Anrar's answer, "You're not.." pushing herself off the wall she followed as he beckoned her to, tucking her hands into her pockets she bit her lip listening to his ideas on leaving. "A cruise? Scotland? I don't think I've ever been on a plane." she mentioned slipping into the cab. Her bag on her lap as her fingers played with the zipper absentmindedly, her gaze was out the window watching the cars and buildings pass them by.

Fred went back to nibbling at her bottom lip as she thought back about the last time she was in a taxi, she was sixteen and was taking a taxi to the bus station with only fifty dollars in her pocket and the clothes on her back. "Hm.." Looking back down at her barefeet, smudged with the dirt from the city's streets she frowned starting to feel sad with her decision. She felt like she belonged at the shop and in this city, now she was leaving it behind, "How many places until there are none to go to?"

Looking up at him she realized how it must have sounded, "I uh... How long does a cruise last? Are they nice? Is it fun?" Asking to change the subject as quickly as possible, a small smile pulling at her lips as she tucked a hair behind her ear. "What's in Scotland? I've only seen pictures and some stuff in movies. Are there leprechauns?" giving a wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.