Beast Tamers (Monster-Based Fantasy Adventure)

Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Hopeless Romantic
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
This is a world where Flora and Fauna run rampant, large and strong. This is a world where humans and their allies live in large, fortress-like cities - walled from the dangers of the outside. This is a world where humans known as hunters venture out into the wilds to gather resources and slay the large creatures which cause problems. This is a world where your standard longsword is nothing more than a toothpick, and your weapon tends to be as tall as you are. This is a world where humans are not in control, but fight just like everything else.

However, in this world there is another calling. A strange one, not truly understood but very much respected. The Beast Tamer. Every generation, a number of younglings from the fortresses feel a call to leave into the wilds. This call grows as they do until it becomes too much, and they slip away in the dead of night to leave into the deadly wilds. However, the wilds do not devour them. They wander, following the call until they reach an old fortress, forgotten and overgrown. There the young ones meet one another, and also meet the master. They are trained for years in the ways of the greatest hunters, find the weapon that calls to them, and learn to be a champion of the people.

The last thing they learn, is how to raise and tame their beast. Invariably, a trainee will come across a baby monster in its path that will follow them no matter what. This is known as their companion, and will grow alongside the trainee. They learn to fight together, learn to live together, and they are connected by an bond unbreakable even by death. This is what a Beast Tamer is known for. After their training, each generation of tamers is a team, travelling between fortresses to help humanity survive.

And Beast Tamers are needed now more than ever. They have been found murdered in the wilds, by human hands. Systematically the population of tamers has been destroyed, and there are few left. Ancient portents speak of a great evil, preceded by the loss of humanity's greatest champions. There is no doubt in scholar's minds that this evil is on its way.. and the fate of humanity is no longer stable...

-------------

The players in this RP will play new tamers, in one of two starting scenarios. Either arriving at the fortress with their companion, and then a few training scenes, or skipping all of that to the start where they are fully trained with juvenile companions, and ready to leave. From there they will travel, slay troublesome monsters, pursue missions, and unravel the coming darkness.

If this interests you, please don't hesitate to drop your interest in a post! I am hoping for at least 4 people before I start an OOC (GMPC may or may not occur)

Thank you for your time!

What kind of beasts are there? Just as examples.

Somewhere close to Monster Hunter style, mostly.
618b406078a37e8d436f66c525ec775f.jpg
thumb-47290.jpg

Mm...like second one. Wonder what it would look like as a baby.

yeah, can we have man/monster hybrids?
Uhm, not really. Humanity does have allies in the elves, beastmen (neko/satyr-like) and perhaps a few others. But no actual hybrids of man and monster

Looks pretty cool. Remins me of that Xbox game that was cancelled. Is there a magic system in this? What are the physics to? As in Fantasy/Anime or more grounded like in reality.

Last edited:
Beyond the Monster Hunter similarities, this is giving me hints of Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, and in a good way.

Definitely interested in seeing where this could go.

Looks pretty cool. Remins me of that Xbox game that was cancelled. Is their a magic system in this? What are the physics to? As in Fantasy/Anime or more grounded like in reality.
I haven't given much thought to magic, to be honest. There may be, but I am unsure how much it fits the setting.

As for physics, probably a bit closer to Anime with giant weapons and big hits that don't kill outright, etc.

Beyond the Monster Hunter similarities, this is giving me hints of Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, and in a good way.

May I ask where you are getting those vibes from? :)

+ @Quiet One @derek cazenari

Since we have four people (five including me) I'll get to making an OOC when possible after work! Feel free to ask questions or drop suggestions before then!

I'm guessing because of the hybrid animals in the show, like polar bear dogs, and flying bison and platypus bears. The show has a lot of weird hybrid creatures in it. That what you meant, Phaz?

As for me, I'm getting How to Train Your Dragon vibes more than Avatar. That and the idea of having a terrifying harbinger of death as your cute companion when he's a baby reminds me of Pokemon.

Alrighty, I don't know if I'll get it up today. I'm putting down more info than I thought, and my long day is catching up to me. I shall do my best, just a heads-up that I am working on it, even if it takes a while

Reactions: Reshy134
@Quiet One @derek cazenari @Reshy134 @fish-writer @Auntie Phaz @Cush Almighty

OOC is up! Don't hesitate to ask questions or make comments or just chat with me! :D

Awwww!! This looks so cool!!! If you have any more open spots in the future, I would totally love to join!!!! <3 :))
Come on in! The OOC is right above your post :D

• Love
Reactions: Annyeong Bunny