*bean voice* hey

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lycanthus

Original poster
i am very tired and i've been on so many sites that i've practically memorized my little introduction spiel SO here it is! my name is lysander and i'm a 21 year old nonbinary (leaning masc) asian kid who lives in the south. i am cambodian-american and i've been rping for about ten years now i think? anyway, college and also my own personal projects usually take up most of my time as well as my other hobbies, so roleplay tends to be way on the backburner. i do love it though (else i wouldn't've done it for so long) so i'm looking forward to meeting other rpers and getting to know a new community! i'm really laid back until you do something to personally offend me (like being condescending and/or not self aware) so i doubt we'll have any problems.

my hobbies are probably the most important things to me? i love to write, but on top of that i love to compose music, play music, dabble in game development, and a bunch of other things. i kinda draw but not reaaally. still working on that. i recently started playing guitar and i played viola for about 5 yrs! i make really shitty electronic music over on my soundcloud(s) and... idk i literally listen to music all the time. i love music so much? yes. and ocs. i love talking about ocs. also interactive fiction and just indie publishing in general because i LOVE people that love to create. if you ever wanna hit me up about ocs or any personal projects, please do!

here's some stuff i like for good measure:

house of leaves / dorohedoro / homestuck / off / yume nikki / middens / gingiva / oyasumi punpun / dystopias / post-apocalypses / guro / dark shit / surrealism / experimentalism / writing / indie games / original characters / twine / rpg maker / roleplay / blame! / glitch / cyberpunk / steven universe / yuureitou / evangelion / undertale / interactive fiction / original characters / monsters / demons / electronic literature / hypertext / music / mawaru penguindrum / akira / ghost in the shell / earthbound / web art / 80s aesthetic

i'm still setting up all my threads and whatnot so bear with me until all that's done!! until then, glad to meet everyone and i'm excited to be a new member. :')

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
Welcome to Iwaku, enjoy your stay! You should post your musical compositions here sometime.

Hey Lycanthas!
2cs8jns.png

Nice to have you hear! I hope you come to find Iwaku as your permanent home when it comes to RP'ing because it's honestly the best :P
I love that you've listed so many interests ;o I'm personally a fan monsters, demons, and dark shit myself (lmfao).

Here are some helpful links to get you started on Iwaku :) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Help Desk - HELP DESK
Interest Checking & Creation - INTEREST CHECKING & CREATION
Seeking One on One Partners - SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS
Terms & Rules - Terms of Service and Rules | IwakuRoleplay.com
BB Codes - BB Codes | IwakuRoleplay.com

♥♥

P.s I like your music :)​

Hey Lycanthas!

hey!! thanks for the welcome! also heh can't ever have enough of those right?? thanks for the links also, i'll probably end up confused when i explore a little more LOL

hey!! thanks for the welcome! also heh can't ever have enough of those right?? thanks for the links also, i'll probably end up confused when i explore a little more LOL
We actually have a brand new thread for new people to Iwaku much like yourself :)
There are a bunch of members on this website who have volunteered to show around new people to Iwaku, and also a bunch of fun sparkly graphics and goodies!

Check it out: here.

Hey, welcome to Iwaku :D I hope to see you around the forums and may the muse be with you ^.^

By personal projects, do you mean the music/drawing/writing or is there more different stuff? Just curious!

Welcome to Iwaku. Sorry to hear that you've been bumping around so much - I hope that you can get settled in here and make yourself comfortable!
If you need help with anything... you've gotten a ton of great links already but the staff are also around should you come into trouble with something.

You mention that you're Cambodian American, which I think is super interesting! Have you been there? Do your parents (or even you) speak Khmer around the house? I think that different cultures and perspectives like that are so cool.

It's been awhile since I've seen a music composer. O__O I am listening to the songs on the eishund account now, they are very cool!

Welcome to Iwaku!

I know It's late, but Welcome to Iwaku!

A music composer eh? Well thats something new. At least for me. Perhaps in the future I'll get to hear some of your music.

Anyhow, enjoy your stay and have fun! If there is anything you're wondering about, and if it's something I can help with, do not hesitate to ask.

By personal projects, do you mean the music/drawing/writing or is there more different stuff? Just curious!

Welcome to Iwaku. Sorry to hear that you've been bumping around so much - I hope that you can get settled in here and make yourself comfortable!
If you need help with anything... you've gotten a ton of great links already but the staff are also around should you come into trouble with something.

You mention that you're Cambodian American, which I think is super interesting! Have you been there? Do your parents (or even you) speak Khmer around the house? I think that different cultures and perspectives like that are so cool.

WOW, i can't believe i haven't seen this! late replies are late. thanks for the welcome though!

also, yep. i've been there once in 2010, absolutely loved it. i've always been an indoor person who loves all my modern amenities, but things were so beautiful and new yet familiar that i didn't focus even close to as much as i thought i would on the blatantly third-world country...ness. i can't speak it unfortunately since my brother has a severe communication disorder. my parents had to speak english around him to help develop his skills, so i never really picked it up. it's cool to see people are interested though! almost no one ever goes like, whoa! khmer! that's cool! usually it's more like... "where's cambodia again???"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
A music composer eh? Well thats something new. At least for me. Perhaps in the future I'll get to hear some of your music.

Anyhow, enjoy your stay and have fun! If there is anything you're wondering about, and if it's something I can help with, do not hesitate to ask.

thanks for the welcome! i actually snuck a few links in my post to my soundclouds, haha. it's not very good stuff though! i just do it for fun.

It's been awhile since I've seen a music composer. O__O I am listening to the songs on the eishund account now, they are very cool!

Welcome to Iwaku!

calling me a "music composer" sounds a lot cooler than what i say: "someone who composes music" LMAO
thank you though!! i'm glad you're enjoying what you hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.